Thread: Member Questionnaire (Adrenalinski)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Adrenalinski)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Adrenalinski)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    What is beauty? What is love? When I think of Martha's Vineyard, Yosemite National Park, New Zealand, Mount Rainier, I think of beauty. For me, it's something that's hard to describe, but I know it when I see it. Love is something similar, where you feel something vast and indescribable, fragile, and it's something you hope you never forget. When you feel it, you feel as though many parts of the universe are coalescing at once into something very, very important. Both love and beauty make you want to be a better person.
    What are your most important values?
    Doing something good with my life. I don't always get it right, and I know I'm only human, but for me values include serenity, wisdom, not holding on to things too tightly, keeping a positive view of my future, prioritizing mental health for myself and everyone else, ensuring a bright future for myself and everyone else. I also prioritize knowing what you're doing.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    My spiritual beliefs are something I feel or acknowledge when I'm on Martha's Vineyard and I stand atop a hill, and look at the grassy meadow ahead of me and the ocean in the distance. There's a cemetery behind me, and that's okay. I get a sense of all that is important and all that is good, and while I do believe in God, it has a lot to do with this sixth sense I feel.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War and militaries are unfortunate and I wish they didn't happen. And though it feels evil to say so, excellent defenses are often extremely necessary, both against conquering tyrants (Napoleon, for example) and misguided and thoughtless "change agents" who are preoccupied with their idea but do not actually understand what they're doing (like the architects of the euro, for example).
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Long conversations... many things.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Yes. Mental health and biological health. More than those two things, though, I love knowing about the role one's environment plays on one's mental and physical health. I think this is a far-too-neglected area of health that people just don't acknowledge.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    They exist. They can be made easier with modern technology, and for the most part, I am in favor of minimizing them. That said, a little physical activity that is somewhat productive and produces a positive result (washing dishes) is not so bad...
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Neverending Story, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I was very upset about my grandparents' deaths... it was very, very terrible. I didn't cry, but the sense of loss I've felt since has been significant. I don't always succeed at carrying my grandparents' values around with me and sometimes I make dumb decisions, but I do try and remember the things they've taught me.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    Martha's Vineyard, Yosemite National Park, Norway (though I've never been), Mount Rainier, Santa Barbara, Zion National Park...
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I would like to be better at using my imagination. I can do it sometimes, but sometimes concentration and focus are difficult for me, and often times I need a "picture in mind of the future" to work towards. Exercises like these (answering deep probing questions) help me move through my own thoughts and logic, and I enjoy working on math problems, drawing, and those things that help me think through things...
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I have eidetic memory--no, seriously. I do. I can remember an image so vividly that I can basically draw an image and have it be a near replica of an existing image, without having the original in front of me. I am also pretty good with mathematics.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I would really, really like my career to be much more than it presently is. But I have had to learn that I am much more a thinking and cerebral and "world understanding" type than an "ambitious go-getter" type... not that I don't like action now and then, but sometimes it's the career thing I would really like to change.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Frequently. I do not like being stuck in a rut, but I feel as though I can get into them fairly easily. I am getting better at avoiding ruts and going to the places that I really want to go to, and believe in a way of life that is both positive and real.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Ha ha ha... I have a very difficult time with anything that reeks of "Desperate Housewives of Whatever County..." this stuff seems like everything that is completely off from the world. Sparkly shiny objects do not impress me, nor does excessive makeup, breast implants, or any of those other things. I would like to think I would make it as an officer aboard the Starship Enterprise Or as a student of Gandalf's. I cannot stand abusive or mean people, whether they are physically or verbally abusive. I believe life is precious and I think those who appreciate that are the people I am most likely to get along with... and those who are imaginative.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I have mixed feeling about romance and sex. I think the biggest thing is to have a partner who sees the future in the same way I do. Her sense of permanence and continuity are similar to mine, and when she makes decisions, her decisions encompass both the present and future simultaneously. I met a prospective interest's Dad not too long ago--in meeting him, I knew I liked this romantic interest that much more, as I liked him and who he was. It made her make much more sense to me (even though I liked her before anyway). As for other pieces, I like longish hair, dresses, simple and uncomplicated looks, not too heavy on makeup, no implants, and not too high maintenance as a whole. That's what works for me. In terms of sex, I've always been a sucker for a partner I'm attracted to in a nice swimsuit on a nice beach. I'm not too complicated after that, save for the occasional skinny dip or partner in an adventurous dress
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would hope my children would know my parents and grandparents, and what things they learned in the past, and what my children would hopefully be able to carry forward. Their lives would be up to them--but there are things from the past that are permanent and enduring, and I know that whether or not my children want to be a part of those things, those things from the past will continue to exist and be true in the future.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I openly disagree. If we disagree, great. No two people are going to agree on everything, and that's fine. If it was a belief that was way too far against one of mine, it is unlikely that we would have formed a friendship in the first place.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Society is fine, but a person does have to recognize which societies/cultures they fit in well with, and which they do not. I detest neat-and-clean suburbias with strip malls, soccer moms, and fast food restaurants. I really dislike it and it is no way I would ever want to live. I actually like soccer and have nothing against SUVs, but the neat-and-clean "what will the neighbors say?" and "look at my perfect lawn" really, really bothers me.

On the flipside, beach life that is unpolluted (Cape Cod, New Zealand) is something I love. An adult, non-Peter Pan sort of life with a positive, good job. I find that I relate well to other individuals when inside national parks... often the people there seem to see something similar to what I see.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I do not choose my friends--this happens rather naturally. I behave around them in a sincere manner--they are my friends, and the bond is very real for me.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Somewhat paradoxically. I am cordial and warm but careful and resrved. I like people, but also am mildly leery of their true intentions. And ultimately while I do care for them, I often feel they have expectations of me that I already have of myself.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi Adren

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalinski View Post
    I also prioritize knowing what you're doing.
    IME, this type is focus is related to something near or

A few questions:

you said you're visually detailed and can remember something you see and redraw it to its near replica; how are you about designing spaces? When you do what do you aim for?

Your organization of spaces and objects, what are they geared for? Do you change the order in which you organize your things in as in the box of cereal always goes in that drawer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good questions... let me see if I can come up with good answers.

Designing spaces: Well, I would say I can visualize "what I'm going for" without too much effort. I can typically figure it out without too much thought. The hardest thing is typically coming up with various designs and then selecting from the bunch or modifying a couple, and then going from there. I typically know what I want with respect to design readily. I typically will balance the design with the surrounding outdoor environment, giving priority to good/bad views, and what those views communicate or do to the viewer. My goal is typically giving the viewer the most "big picture" thinking ability possible, as well as the ability to imagine new realities, new possibilities, and more importantly, the ability to simply imagine and be unaware that he/she is even imagining.

When you're not aware that you're imagining and you're simply imagining, that's when imagination is working best After that, if I can, I will try and do proper window placement, art placement, couch placement, wall color, etc., so as to maximize the "aura," or the whole of the room in its entirety. I want comfort, space to think, space to imagine, and nothing too jarring in the environment. My spaces are typically without "obvious" rhyme & reason (like a person who might alphabetize their DVD collection, for example), but instead "optimize" so as to make the most of the values trying to be conveyed (the past, values, serenity, intelligence, concentration, appreciation for good things in life, etc.) as well as "optimizing" one's ability to "see the big picture all at once."

I am indifferent to the placement of a given cereal box. As long as it's in a place that makes sense within the context of the whole, it could be anywhere. I hope this helps some... I believe optimization is certainly possible, but not optimization in terms of raw functionality, or any kind of "utilitarian" thing. I want to make it something substantially more meaningful, thoughtful, and imaginative so as to communicate what's really important in life...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm shooting for extravert. And I confirm that.

As for the other functions........I'm going for more of a Thinker type than a Feeler.

ESTj so far... hum...optimization in terms of functionality I would say is somewhat closer to Te, but that's not THAT important to you, but that could be different based on your value or an adopted value based on making something imaginative and meaningful... and see the big picture all at once.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTJ, huh? Hmmm... I've never been good at typing myself, which leaves me to wonder whether I really know what I'm doing at all... I get unfocused fairly easily, that's for sure.

I think values are important to me, but I have a hard time in the real world sometimes...

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think values are important to me, but I have a hard time in the real world sometimes...
    No, not ESTj I'm just teasing you

How do you have a hard time in the real world?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know that I really have a hard time in the real world. By most people's accounts, I seem to do just fine. In fact, I love people. I really do. I'm almost too much of a "I love people" person, but I rarely have a negative thing to say about anyone. I think my "harder time in the real world" is that I simply just seem to have a different point of view from most people. It's strange.

I don't know. If I *had* to type myself, I'd say ISFP. Or ENTJ, or INTJ. Or ENFP. INFJ? Maybe ESFJ... See? I really can't tell. So that's my dilemma

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't know that I really have a hard time in the real world. By most people's accounts, I seem to do just fine. In fact, I love people. I really do. I'm almost too much of a "I love people" person, but I rarely have a negative thing to say about anyone. I think my "harder time in the real world" is that I simply just seem to have a different point of view from most people. It's strange.

I don't know. If I *had* to type myself, I'd say ISFP. Or ENTJ, or INTJ. Or ENFP. INFJ? Maybe ESFJ... See? I really can't tell. So that's my dilemma
    we could do this way faster if you VI-d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI-d? what's that?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

VI-d? what's that?
    to visually identify means to post a few good pics of yourself so we can see which type you belong to.