Discuss.
    @Park
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've generally liked LSI more than SLI. I've always viewed Park's behavior as a bit edgier and more assertive than I would expect an SLIs to be. I'd also tend to interpret his drifting towards various self typed deltas on this forum as an ideological attraction towards people who he perceives to be on a similar side as him through interpretation of quadra values. I think the fact that he sort of tends to take these individual's self typing at face value, and relevant in and of itself, rather than analyze the possibilities of a person's type or in fact seem to care about any personal feelings he may have beyond "we're both delta so we must be friends" speaks to both devalued Ne and Fi.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I think the fact that he sort of tends to take these individual's self typing at face value, and relevant in and of itself, rather than analyze the possibilities of a person's type or in fact seem to care about any personal feelings he may have beyond "we're both delta so we must be friends" speaks to both devalued Ne and Fi.
    I think the fact that this isn't a fact at all (I know because I'm him, btw) speaks to a sack full of assuming and ignorant bullshit.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My apologies to anyone potentially offended by my inappropriate language.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kim, no one cares.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    @Kim, no one cares.
    Well fuck them. I care.

And you are not an LSI for Christ's sake. Grow some !
    Last edited by Kim; 09-05-2013 at 05:07 AM.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Kim, no one cares.
    And uhm, it helps not to offend people who try.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    FSE
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on my intense study of your posts for the past five minutes I'm going to say you're an LSE, although I would love to instinct stack you for several hours.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he offended me first by saying things about me - which he pulled out of his arse - that aren't true, so I don't care if he finds me pointing that out offensive.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he offended me first by saying things about me - which he pulled out of his arse - that aren't true, so I don't care if he finds me pointing that out offensive.
    I would be less interested in pointing out the offensive nature of your post than I would the "with me or against me" mentality inherently present.

EDIT: Moreover, once I can access the internet on something other than my phone, I'd be more than willing to point out the stark contrast between your abrasive and ad hominem esq style of arguementation (JWC3 doesn't know shit about me and is an idiot) with FMH's somewhat calm, factually oriented mode of discussion when arguing with DJ.
    Last edited by JWC3; 09-03-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've generally liked LSI more than SLI. I've always viewed Park's behavior as a bit edgier and more assertive than I would expect an SLIs to be. I'd also tend to interpret his drifting towards various self typed deltas on this forum as an ideological attraction towards people who he perceives to be on a similar side as him through interpretation of quadra values. I think the fact that he sort of tends to take these individual's self typing at face value, and relevant in and of itself, rather than analyze the possibilities of a person's type or in fact seem to care about any personal feelings he may have beyond "we're both delta so we must be friends" speaks to both devalued Ne and Fi.
    To be honest, I don't quite get this. Care to elaborate?
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    To be honest, I don't quite get this. Care to elaborate?
    Put simply he seems to drift towards and exude positive energy around various people on the forum who self type as deltas without any regard for consistency of behavior in these individuals. He doesn't at all seem concerned with analyzing behavior in relation to delta values. He seems to at various points very willing to come to the defense of and side with other 'deltas' simply because they are 'deltas' and much reason beyond that seems lacking. With the possible exception of Gilly, whom he seemed to get along with fairly amiably.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Put simply he seems to drift towards and exude positive energy around various people on the forum who self type as deltas without any regard for consistency of behavior in these individuals. He doesn't at all seem concerned with analyzing behavior in relation to delta values. He seems to at various points very willing to come to the defense of and side with other 'deltas' simply because they are 'deltas' and much reason beyond that seems lacking. With the possible exception of Gilly, whom he seemed to get along with fairly amiably.
    Perhaps he has accepted their typing based on how he perceives them and it's an act of loyalty. That is something SLIs and LSEs would do.

And how would that be indicative of an LSI?
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps he has accepted their typing based on how he perceives them and it's an act of loyalty. That is something SLIs and LSEs would do.

And how would that be indicative of an LSI?
    It would be indicative of the "in group/out group" mentality common in beta types.

EDIT: For clarity I could see the point you're making if this was his behavior with regards to a specific individual rather than simply his behavior around a group of individuals. He flies to the defense of deltas in general rather than to specific individuals.
    Last edited by JWC3; 09-03-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It would be indicative of the "in group/out group" mentality common in beta types.

EDIT: For clarity I could see the point you're making if this was his behavior with regards to a specific individual rather than simply his behavior around a group of individuals. He flies to the defense of deltas in general rather than to specific individuals.
    But deltas are very protective of their close-knit groups. It's not because they try to create an us vs. them, but a safe zone. I don't know, I have to think about it more. I have to admit that I often feel the need to come to the defense of delta because I consider it my lovely little home base that shall not be threatened or ridiculed by strangers. .
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is the theoretical construct of a qaudra a "safe zone"? It's simply a categorical device and has no inherently "safe" qualities anymore than the alpha, beta, or gamma quadras do.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How is the theoretical construct of a qaudra a "safe zone"? It's simply a categorical device and has no inherently "safe" qualities anymore than the alpha, beta, or gamma quadras do.
    What is your type again? Just curious.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it so surprising that an Si-valuing aristocratic quadra would seek comfort amongst each other? That say, when the forum gets too much fighting or whatever that its members might spend some quality time in the delta subforum to unwind with other deltans? And thus consider it a "safe zone"?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Is it so surprising that an Si-valuing aristocratic quadra would seek comfort amongst each other? That say, when the forum gets too much fighting or whatever that its members might spend some quality time in the delta subforum to unwind with other deltans? And thus consider it a "safe zone"?
    I know I do that.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just look at many of the threads in the delta subforum. People get pretty personal about their lives. Those aren't conversations one would feel safe sharing with the general forum. Even the delta lounge thread had to get split and a rule set in place in there that that thread is not for typing people...specifically so that delta members would feel safe sharing without feeling judged.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar values results in people being less offensive about weak points. That and the better understanding and sense of kinship facilitates offences being categorized as mistakes and imperfection instead of malice or deplorable dysfunction.
    Yes that makes quadras safer zones for people belonging in them.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hoping people might "see through" that he's actually not an asshole even though he acts like one is something i can conceptualize as Ne+Fi seeking. even though he's not like any SLIs i've ever known.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    even though he's not like any SLIs i've ever known.
    That's because I'm unique, baby. Me and @Galen, both.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    SLI.
    Wurd. *high five*

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was Gilly and this thread was about me, I'd love it so much it would give me a boner. The only thing Park likes about this thread is that the OP cared enough to make it. Everything else is meaningless.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you are not an LSI for Christ's sake. Grow some !
    I will grow some 'stache.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing Park likes about this thread is that the OP cared enough to make it. Everything else is meaningless.
    Even knowing the following is meaningless, I'll say it anyway: I feel like this is a typical Delta ST thing to do/say. Especially ones who are low on Fi-input. Grumpy, snarky, I-don't-care rawring toward the world with simultaneous intense-ish (hopeful) connection with/toward an individual. If the object of hope is a Delta NF, the likelihood is that said individual will feel special and drawn in (plus a bag of other varied emotions/goals). One desirable outcome is animal-ish ST humanizes a bit, and NF gets some personalized attention. Or something like that.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An idealogical attachment to the theoretical construct of a quadra is certainly surprising. Seeking comfort in/from specific deltans is decidedly diffferent than the general description of the delta quadra as a safe atmosphere for discussion as well as voicing a desire to regulate and enforce that atmosphere.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

As far as Park's type goes, the only alternative I'd offer is LSE (negativist and more visible ). I see no real issue with him being typed SLI, though.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An idealogical attachment to the theoretical construct of a quadra is certainly surprising. Seeking comfort in/from specific deltans is decidedly diffferent than the general description of the delta quadra as a safe atmosphere for discussion as well as voicing a desire to regulate and enforce that atmosphere.
    And with this comment it feels like you are trying to nitpick over specific words that were used rather than looking at the overall meaning of what Kim and I said. You think we're thinking something like "ooh, safer theoretical construct, yay!" When it is more like "ooh, most of these people here seem like my kind of people, and discussing things I like to discuss, and with them I don't feel that I have to do/be something I'm not, etc." The latter is just verbally shortened to "delta quadra" merely because this is a socionics forum and that is the label socionics gave, as well as the name of the subforum where the majority of those people hang out.

And if you didn't grasp what Esaman said, then maybe try reading his post again?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And with this comment it feels like you are trying to nitpick over specific words that were used rather than looking at the overall meaning of what Kim and I said. You think we're thinking something like "ooh, safer theoretical construct, yay!" When it is more like "ooh, most of these people here seem like my kind of people, and discussing things I like to discuss, and with them I don't feel that I have to do/be something I'm not, etc." The latter is just verbally shortened to "delta quadra" merely because this is a socionics forum and that is the label socionics gave, as well as the name of the subforum where the majority of those people hang out.

And if you didn't grasp what Esaman said, then maybe try reading his post again?
    That's a fair point, admitedly there may be some reading into what Kim said required to really grasp it. It's not really a shorthand I'm accustomed to seeing often. I tend to ignore Esaman though. Being a member of a quadra I should have some experience with them as a safe zone by his definition, and I decidedly don't. There are a great many gammas on this forum that I think decidedly little of and make no allowances for due to some warped sense of quadra kinship. There are also people who I do make allowances for and it has nothing to do with what quadra I think they inhabit.
    Easy Day

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 's

So big, so juicy. Like a horse.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And uhm, it helps not to offend people who try.
    Personally I'd be offended if someone started a type Gem thread, mostly when people suggested types i do not identify with. But that's me /easily offended ENFpforgodssakestop.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parkster is SLI. He's got the snark, the good will toward all (until proven otherwise), and is a favorite of IEEs everywhere.
    ISTp
    SLI

Enneagram 5 with a side of wings.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being a member of a quadra I should have some experience with them as a safe zone by his definition, and I decidedly don't. There are a great many gammas on this forum that I think decidedly little of and make no allowances for due to some warped sense of quadra kinship. There are also people who I do make allowances for and it has nothing to do with what quadra I think they inhabit.
    Well, many do have such experience, and you would do good to take that in to account when explaining their behavior . There is more to quadra grouping than heard behavior, though deltas are aristocrats which you seem to forget.
    As for sense of quadra kinship being warped.
    Kinship - 2. relationship by nature, qualities, etc.; affinity; likeness. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kinship
    Naturally sharing general arrangement of value and so on fits that definition straightforwardly.

You approach does make sense as a SEE kind of democraticism.

Your being SEE is certainly what I would like to reduce

I tend to ignore Esaman though
    to.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Esaman

I'm less interested in the applications of the Reinin dichotomies than I am in the aspectonic rationale for the super-ego and super-id blocks manifesting in similar ways especially concerning the justification for this occurance in spite of one block being valued and the other unvalued.
    Easy Day

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Esaman

I'm less interested in the applications of the Reinin dichotomies than I am in the aspectonic rationale for the super-ego and super-id blocks manifesting in similar ways especially concerning the justification for this occurance in spite of one block being valued and the other unvalued.
    Are we still talking about supposed blind ideologically motivated territoriality or something else?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Are we still talking about supposed blind ideologically motivated territoriality or something else?
    I'm not using this discussion to imply anything about anyone or insinuate connections with anything previously said in this thread. So as I decidedly derail this topic I'm in ernest talking about the aristocratic/democratic reinin dichotomy. Expanding my previous question to the Ego and Id blocks as well (pardon my previous mistake of incompletely listing the blocks involved in this dichotomy, I don't often discuss the theoretical aspects of reinin's work) why is it relevant that aristocrats have the lgocial/sensing elements and democrats have the ethical/sensing elements in the same blocks? Why does this dichotomy assume any similarity between the valued and unvalued blocks of opposing quadras and how can this result in behavioral similarities?
    Easy Day

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I care.
    Why'd you edit out the cursing, honey?

Loyalty breach, right there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast