Thread: ESFp's extroverted intuition Ne role function - tell me more!

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESFp's extroverted intuition Ne role function - tell me more!

I want to know more about the SEE role function. The role function is supposed to be the first behavior somebody notices about you. Is this true? What is role Ne like for an SEE.

It is possible that the assistant to the CEO at work is an SEE. I can see her as an SEE. Go to this thread to help type her. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-this-hot-girl

I want to figure her out. Does she VI as an SEE? What is her role function like and why does it repress the program function. What is her suggestive function like? If she is an SEE. Anyway, this is the type of girl I typically date. They all have her personality. I cannot tell what that type is... truly, I am lost trying to type women.

What is your role function like?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE are open minded and "anything can happen" while possibly silly about.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I would say I'm great at generating concepts or comparisons, but at the same time tend to become fairly impatient in their applcation.
    Easy Day

Mentioned
    568 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I want to know more about the SEE role function. The role function is supposed to be the first behavior somebody notices about you. Is this true? What is role Ne like for an SEE.

It is possible that the assistant to the CEO at work is an SEE. I can see her as an SEE. Go to this thread to help type her. http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-this-hot-girl

I want to figure her out. Does she VI as an SEE? What is her role function like and why does it repress the program function. What is her suggestive function like? If she is an SEE. Anyway, this is the type of girl I typically date. They all have her personality. I cannot tell what that type is... truly, I am lost trying to type women.

What is your role function like?
    The role function and the super-ego as a whole is an area society induced pressure. (Uber-ich/over-self) This is basically Freudian way of looking at it, it's not that this is what society is, but what you think society requires of you. Very often because the role function is the bold and contact function which can be the first function that others will see in day to day work environment and socializing. It's a kind of keep your head down, don't be a nail function.

For me having role, I am sometimes too quickly say no to things, or yes to them. People can see me as domineering, intimidating or stubborn. I think the role function doesn't repress the program function as the super-ego represses the id. However this doesn't mean one has developed one's ego or is willing to stick out in a social situation. The ego is developed to navigate the id and social pressures, it's a mediator.

The ego is strong like the id but tries to accomplish what the id does in a different ways, to avoid the suppression of the super-ego. In this way it acquires the positive reinforcement of the super-id.

I think a lot of roles try very hard to be super-creative and insightful, when it's not all that interesting or simply impossible. Sometimes it takes a critic like the ILI to dissuade them from certain flights of fancy.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative insight in role types is more readily a function of experience and not strictly an area of deficit.
    Easy Day

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

it's like a lot of ideas coming up to them and them not being able to focus on which one to go with; I always get my SEE friends confused when I ask them to help me pick out a paint color, as they will have flashes of many ideas; they know which colors they love but to ask them to come up with a concept of which one I should go with, like make a decision in the midst of so many options is like a sudden blankness.