Thread: Sister Wives

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sister Wives

So.. I don't normally watch reality TV, but this Sister Wives show has me intrigued. Does anyone else follow this? It'd be interesting to know the intertype relations at work here. Any type ideas?

EDIT: Oops! Can a mod move this to Famous People for me, pretty please?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yay, sister wives thread!

Oh dear, where to start?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Murica is crazy.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is that guy isfp?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    is that guy isfp?
    That could be. I think Meri is his dual, so she would be ILE. I also believe that Janelle is EII. Christine SEE and Sobbyn perhaps Kody's identical?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    That could be. I think Meri is his dual, so she would be ILE. I also believe that Janelle is EII. Christine SEE and Sobbyn perhaps Kody's identical?
    I have to agree with SEI for Kody- his personality screams Fe.

Still working on the others.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People think this is weird but there are many practical considerations to make such arrangements work very well in practice. This is analogous to live in an extended family where you can rely on more than one adult to take care of the responsibilities. That's such an stress release and I'm sure it improves the quality of life of everyone involved.

Rather than love I'd say it's more about friendship. I don't see a reason why you can't build a family around that.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    People think this is weird but there are many practical considerations to make such arrangements work very well in practice. This is analogous to live in an extended family where you can rely on more than one adult to take care of the responsibilities. That's such an stress release and I'm sure it improves the quality of life of everyone involved.

Rather than love I'd say it's more about friendship. I don't see a reason why you can't build a family around that.
    why not a commune or a more equal combination of men and women, then?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post

one man for every four women isn't nice for the 75% that can't get action

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought Kody was IEE.

the first wife Meri seems like another delta NF.

Janelle might be ILI or some other Logical type; she's usually cool-headed and relatively unemotional, also entrepreneurial & the one who manages the family finances. i don't know where the family would be financially without her.

Christine i'm not sure, maybe SEE. of all the wives she seems to have the worst relationship with Kody, but her unsettling neuroticism could easily be a heavy contributor to this, regardless of her type. she's a hot mess.

the newest wife Robyn could be SLI. calling Kody her "soul mate" or whatever. though that could be due to the new relationship honeymoon stage.

some of the personalities of the children stand out to me as well - Meri's only child Mariah could be ESI.

Janelle's daughter Madison seems clearly SLE. she loves her family, but her attitude towards adopting the same lifestyle as her parents is basically "fuck no" (though stated more politely for the cameras)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, I'm going to watch it and offer my typings, not.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glam View Post
    I thought Kody was IEE.

the first wife Meri seems like another delta NF.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    why not a commune or a more equal combination of men and women, then?
    But some women don't like DP or Spit Roasting...

Y u gotta judge?

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i can see the benefits and i've never been close enough to that kind of environment to really judge, but.
    it seems like collecting sports cars or keeping horses. except its female humans.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i can see the benefits and i've never been close enough to that kind of environment to really judge, but.
    it seems like collecting sports cars or keeping horses. except its female humans.
    yeah, it seem straight-up inhuman to me too, and the guy like the most selfish prick on earth.

swinging on the other hand...

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure but there is a little issue here: that love isn't exactly a "right". You can't force people to love anyone nor you can protest when a man has several women if that's what they want. Relationships are one of those things that are private in an inherently legitimate way.

If you're talking about males, I would attribute it to other reasons. I'm pretty sure that sex is scarce for males mostly because, known to them or not, many women are sharing the same men. Monogamy is pretty much a female thing and you can see it pretty clear in that show. So when women are monogamous and men are not, it's obvious that it's going to become imbalanced at some point.

Did you read 'The naked ape' of Desmond Morris? He narrates the evolution of the human race and one of those aspects he treats is exactly that: what happens when there are people who can't play? Monogamy was fundamental to insure cooperation between humans but it wasn't about love. It was about having chances to reproduce. Chances is the keyword here because even when married to a man many women were still sleeping with random men.

All in all, I don't think it's impossible to love more than one person with everyone knowing. It seems to me like it's social conditioning more than anything else.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol, sorry to put them in Delta but i just really don't see SEI for Kody (i see Ep temperament and good Fi). Meri i might be less sure about.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Janelle and I: sometimes when we get romantic it just seems slightly awkward." - Kody

He's a real charmer.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So then you have another family with one woman for every four men. See? Works out perfectly
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've watched a couple of episodes of this show. It felt too artificially sweet and bland.
    A few tentative typings basing on these episodes:

Kody: IEI-Fe e3. Seemed fairly disconnected from his surroundings, I doubt sensing type, kind of boyish e.g. his wives were saying that he often flexes in front of mirrors. He has that completely berserk 'diamonds-in-the-sky' look of an e3. It felt like he was carefully adjusting everything he was saying to what's expected of him.

Christine: LSI-Se. Logical type for sure. She often challenges Kody's opinions and openly states if something is stupid. At times it felt like she was the one 'running the show'. The way she was discussing the dimensions for their home remodeling felt like she could possibly have some creative Se going. Meri also commented that she and Kody were really close (same quadra?). At the same time they have some problems understanding one another and speak out of tune (rational-irrational differences?).

Meri: SEE-Fi. Not too confident in this typing since I haven't seen anything explicitly see-ish from her. She has stated that she's found Christine to be the most difficult sister-wife for her, seeing how she and Kody were really close. In another episode Christine said that she loves hearing Meri's proposals only to throw in some more options. Could be relations of supervision/revision between them (LSI-SEE).

Robyn: SLE-Ti > ILE. She might be his dual. In her own words she feels a sense of calm when she's around him, which is one of the 'symptoms' of both dual and mirage relationships.

Janelle: EII-Ne.

they still have a long way to catch up to this polygamous family

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KIM! Did you see the latest sister wives? They did enneagram tests and it made everyone cry. Personality testing is so traumatic.

Meri is an 8. They didn't say what the others tested as.

Watching them talk to the shrink was sort of enlightening.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I like Kody a lot. It must be the way he flips his hair.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eeeew, Jessica.

You do have a history of dating assholes though.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    KIM! Did you see the latest sister wives? They did enneagram tests and it made everyone cry. Personality testing is so traumatic.

Meri is an 8. They didn't say what the others tested as.

Watching them talk to the shrink was sort of enlightening.
    Not yet, but I will tonight!

And only an 8 could push through that damned wetbar....
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RECOMMITMENT <3 ceremonies are a sign of doomed marriages. Discuss.

Also: I want to kick Kody in the teeth more than ever. His daughter Mariah is obviously really passionate about her education. She worked hard. She got into a good school. She got scholarships. He should be extremely pleased with her. Yet all the dirty son of a bitch can think of is that he does't want to take out loans for her tuition. He has stated emphatically that he will not help her. Yet he built huge ass houses that he does not really need and cannot truly afford and is planning this ridiculous recommitment ceremony that will cost upwards of $10,000.

What selfish dickwad. He shouldn't have one child let alone as many as he has.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Scapegrace why the hell is Christine alone at the hospital with Truely? WHY IS KODY NOT THERE? Or anyone???
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved how Meri wuz all WE WILL PERMIT U 2 STAY AT HOME WITH YOUR CHILD IN KIDNEY FAILURE.

How do you not notice that your kid is not drinking/not urinating to the point of kidney failure anyway?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I loved how Meri wuz all WE WILL PERMIT U 2 STAY AT HOME WITH YOUR CHILD IN KIDNEY FAILURE.

How do you not notice that your kid is not drinking/not urinating to the point of kidney failure anyway?
    When all you can think about is your schedule with your husband maybe? lol

Anyway it's creepy to watch
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

anyone regulating everyone's ass is the EII hahaha
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should burn in hell.

Actually. I still haven't had time to tune in at all lately. But seriously, I'm really starting to dislike these people. They are so self-absorbed. except Sobbyn.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was wondering about that, too. Did she have a stomach flu?
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    When all you can think about is your schedule with your husband maybe? lol

Anyway it's creepy to watch
    What schedule? None of these losers has a job and Christine admits that her teen girls mostly take care of the younger kids.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What schedule? None of these losers has a job and Christine admits that her teen girls mostly take care of the younger kids.
    The husband schedule (LOL).
    -

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    The husband schedule (LOL).
    Oh my.