A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra. <3
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Depends what do you understand under domination and submission.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think maybe there is a correlation, but I don't think it's always a matter of Type A is dominant, Type B is submissive. I think gender plays a role too, for example Type A is dominant when male, but submissive when female, perhaps because that is the social convention. Type B is submissive when male, dominant when female, perhaps because it is against social conventions. Obviously, I am speaking in absolutes right now, but it is never so.
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, its Aggressors/Victims, how far they go with dominance/submission depends on other factors besides Socionics. When I was married, my ex and I watched the beginning of Fatal Attraction at the Theater. The aggressive love scenes grossed me out. Fortunately, my ex was ESE, Caregiver-type, and he was turned off too, and suggested we leave. I was glad. Only movie we ever walked out of. We went to the movie next store (which is actually another story). Anyway back at work, some of my colleagues at lunch were gushing about the love scenes in this movie. Seriously? That was a puzzle to me. I am sure that normal love for Aggressors/Victims does not go this far! This was the kinky version of that, Aggressor/Victim gone severe, in great drama. I think that perhaps it was aggressor or victim types that did not mind these scenes, like a caregiver/child-like type would..

In case you haven't seen this yet: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...otic-Attitudes

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not even straight sex to begin with, so I take it 'homos' voted positively. Anyway, I'm not sure there is some kind of link between such practices and sociotype.

What is OP asking here anyway? Does OP know what he is talking about?

I'm not really sure about that as well.

EDIT: Hmm, I see Eliza posted the erotic attitudes to support her claim. Time to "blame" Se/Ni for it - fine with me.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-10-2013 at 07:19 PM.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember this poll... I think it's really funny that caregivers were for the most part no, but infantiles were evenly split.
    Johari - Fediverse

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taknamay View Post
    I remember this poll... I think it's really funny that caregivers were for the most part no, but infantiles were evenly split.
    Sexually it depends whether you're into beatings and waking up with a black eye in bed in the morning. Same with urinating and defecating on your partner. Humiliation.

It doesn't necessarily have to end up violently, focusing mostly on bondage and discipline. So I think what is allowed is between participants to agree on, that is, what turns them on.

And this is the reason, I'm having a bit of trouble(?) actually replying in this thread, for I don't know what is OP talking about at all.

Are you into any kind of stuff I wrote about, Taknamay?

I wonder whether you might be a masochist, if yes. All in all, it is not really sex as in straight sex.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    I wonder whether you might be a masochist, if yes.
    Of course I am not a masochist, and you are a sick pervert for even suggesting such a thing. Please never speak to me again.
    Johari - Fediverse

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    When I was married, my ex and I watched the beginning of Fatal Attraction at the Theater. The aggressive love scenes grossed me out. Fortunately, my ex was ESE, Caregiver-type, and he was turned off too, and suggested we leave. I was glad.
    Are you referring to the sex scene in the kitchen?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Are you referring to the sex scene in the kitchen?
    I am seeing this this two months later, its been that long since I have been online. Yes, I am pretty sure it was in the kitchen. Didn't see the whole movie though.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I am seeing this this two months later, its been that long since I have been online. Yes, I am pretty sure it was in the kitchen. Didn't see the whole movie though.
    This one?

― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FTR Correlation doesn't mean causation.
    Easy Day

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not very relevant imo. I understood bdsm to refer to something further than just being dominant or submissive, and that poll didn't offer a choice between the two.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with that.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra was here?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jadae16t View Post
    Or you both may just be really, really prudish, and your coworkers may have a bit of the clucking hen syndrome going on. It's a movie -- big deal.
    No one would ever refer to my colleagues as clucking hens so you are wrong about that. And if in your eyes not being into violent sex makes one "prudish", then go ahead and call me prudish. I'll take that from you.

Question: What faith are you that pushes you towards your chosen social convention?
    Chosen social convention?? I thought we are talking about sex. That's not a social activity for me. I see it as more of a private thing.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prudes prudes everywhere.

Non-social sex equals no pillow or dirty talk?

Missionary position for purity ya'll YOLO.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nigh View Post
    Wow. That was the most violent thing I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen so much blood and hitting and stabbing and screaming. How horrible.
    I would have liked to see more hair pulling myself.
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

No one would ever refer to my colleagues as clucking hens so you are wrong about that. And if in your eyes not being into violent sex makes one "prudish", then go ahead and call me prudish. I'll take that from you.

Chosen social convention?? I thought we are talking about sex. That's not a social activity for me. I see it as more of a private thing.
    But you used sex to make a claim about types ("aggressor sex"). I don't think your attitude towards a sex scene is indicative of your type, but you made the claim that it is.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i was confused too, but i didn't watch the whole thing so i thought maybe there was something i missed.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you used sex to make a claim about types ("aggressor sex"). I don't think your attitude towards a sex scene is indicative of your type, but you made the claim that it is.
    Not sure I am following you. "Used Sex"? I am not saying that domination/submission is what aggressor types do. I said it "depends on other factors besides Socionics." It seems to me that Aggressor/Victim types would be less uncomfortable with a drama about Domination/Submission. Just an opinion.

@nigh, I didn't click on the scene when it was posted in the thread so I can't comment on it. I trust my initial reaction to the movie and won't honor it with another viewing. But if the scene posted here was not aggressive, then it must not have been the scene I walked out on, anyway. That one was some early-on scene, notorious for its violence and/or aggression.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason, you make a point about your reaction to a particular scene and its connection to erotic attitudes and you can't quickly click and look at the first two seconds to confirm that this is the scene you are talking about? If you want to talk about your perception of aggressor sexual behavior, it would really help to know what you label aggressive.

And this is what you said earlier in the thread:

This was the kinky version of that, Aggressor/Victim gone severe, in great drama. I think that perhaps it was aggressor or victim types that did not mind these scenes, like a caregiver/child-like type would..
    If we are talking about the same scene, we could have a poll about how forum members react to it based on type. Yay polls!
    Last edited by Kim; 10-09-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Fixed mention.
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I feel BDSM and the community is very Delta oriented from the people I've known in that community.

One thing is that Delta does not experience the same as Alpha's. isn't just comfort but resilience and toughness, and one way Delta can deal with is testing their resilience and toughness or building it up. BDSM fulfills some of these sensory desires while at the same time providing a channel for ID experiences of Delta ST's(they have in the ID) and Super-Ego experiences of Delta NF's without the consequences of social criticism.

BDSM is a way to experience many power dynamics from the safety of one's bedroom without every having to deal with social mores or input. Also the practices and methodology of the BDSM fetishize the equipment, the tools and technology of the experience so to speak. It is a very practical fetish.
    There is also the establishment of safety techniques such as "safe" words and various methods which keep the experience voluntary and in a way ethical and moral.

Now this is not to say other individual don't engage in behavior that is rough and can appear like BDSM, but imo it's not the same as the community. David Carradine dying hung in a closet in sexual asphyxiation situation is BDSM-like but imo doesn't fall under what people know today as the BDSM community.

The key to BDSM is that it's fetishistic and a fixation. Fixations are formed from repression not expression and formed often from super-ego repression.

Power dynamics within aggressor/victim sexual behavior isn't repressed, it is in a way normal, there is no need to ritualized it or make it "safe". Also often within BDSM, the Dom is the pleasure giver while the Sub is the pleasure recipient. Whatever pain is felt is simply spice for the experience. This is more a giver/recipient experience than aggressor/victim.

Also why did I focus on Delta and not Alpha, Alpha Si is pretty averse to pain or even the implication of pain. Alphas may fixate on power dynamics in a different way however as these are repressed traits for them as well.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That scene just looks like normal sex when you're a bit horny :S
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't Deltas legendary in BDSM circles with their 'the lifestyle' shenanigans?

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing wrong with being prudish. And if they're talking about the details of a movie at work, then they are clucking hens. Its an expression.

If you cannot see the relations about what I am asking of, then I am likely lost on you or you are being defensive.
    Ok

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is one fluster cluck.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    why would anyone want to see Michael Douglas & Glenn Close fuck anyway?
    lmfao

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to sign in just so I could post in this thread with a giant lmao

LMAO

Yous Guys.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hkkr that all sounds very intelligent and I couldn't say if there is anything to it. Personally I have a very low pain tolerance. It just sounds messed up to me and any type can be messed up. Even great actors like Carradine. How horrifyingly pitiful that was. Nothing like having your death be an education in freakishness for millions, and your life be remembered for that.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

hkkr that all sounds very intelligent and I couldn't say if there is anything to it. Personally I have a very low pain tolerance. It just sounds messed up to me and any type can be messed up. Even great actors like Carradine. How horrifyingly pitiful that was. Nothing like having your death be an education in freakishness for millions, and your life be remembered for that.
    Well David Carradine's behavior isn't BDSM, but simply bondage, the S/M power dynamics are not relevant to his private self-bondage death.

In the BDSM dynamic, a individual does not need to enjoy pain to participate. It only requires one partner to enjoy that form of arousal.

Also imo, Fatal Attraction is not BDSM either.

IMO, BDSM is about repressed expression of normal power structures that exist in day to day life, such as boss to secretary(there is actually a movie about this starring Maggie Gyllenhaal called secretary). The relationship portrayed is loving supposedly natural and fulfilling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secretary_(film)

This is a more representative film imo of what the BDSM community is attempting to achieve. The movie basically sanitizes a BDSM relationship and there is no resistance.

In aggressor victim relationships, there is a implicit resistance on the part of a victim, and that resistance is overpowered by the aggressor, in this way both achieve what they desire. In caregiver/infantile relations it's more about giving each other what each other desires even if it's pain or dominance.

There is also the fetishistic aspect of bondage which is tools oriented and equipment oriented. Also procedural rituals and scripts are crafted to expressed otherwise repressed emotions and create a power hierarchy. However often in these relations the power dynamic is reversed because the person receiving pain and submitting is the one receiving pleasure while the individual who is in the dominant position is simply working really hard at it.

I wouldn't confuse true psychopathic behavior with BDSM either, as these are worlds apart. BDSM is ultimately voluntary.

There are certain more psychopathic sadists out there but as a whole they would not fit in in society, their behavior don't fall under BDSM.

For example someone like the BTK killer, who I type LSI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

the movie secretary is a really cute delta movie.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IME...

generally dominant (e.g. "do things i tell you to do/here, do this, this is good")
    LSE, SLE, ESE, SLI, SEI

generally submissive (i.e. "tell me things i can do to please you/i have no idea what i'm doing"):
    EII, [IEI], IEE

kind of dominant but not really (i.e. "you do all the work, i'll just sit here and groan at the right moments"):
    ILI, LII, LSI, [ILE], LIE, [IEI]

kind of submissive but not really (i.e. "mmm yeah you like that? you like that don't you? how about this? how about now? what about this?")
    EIE, SEE, [ILE]

haven't had much sexual experience with ESIs to know for sure.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    generally submissive (i.e. "tell me things i can do to please you/i have no idea what i'm doing"):
    EII, [IEI], IEE
    I imagine this and only this

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my esi ex was very dominant but in spite of the running joke(?) among some here that i'm a dominatrix i'm more on the submissive side. maybe gender roles, maybe personal idiosyncrasies.

that last category ("kind of submissive but not really") is annoying as FUCK but the guy i was with who was like that i type lse actually. idk i could see it as a caregiver thing too if you wanna do labels.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My ILI ex had absolutely no sex drive. Type-related? Probably sure.

retired
    TIM
    Se
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gender roles definitely play hugely. And LSEs may be dominant but not in the traditionally dominant way... IME they really are caregivers after all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast