Thread: From the POV of an SEE - Se egos welcome

Creepy-female

Default From the POV of an SEE - Se egos welcome

Last edited by female; 07-09-2015 at 07:19 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mimosa pudica (SLE, also goes by ananke) has written some cool stuff about Se, as has @Herzy.
    Reason is a whore.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How many death wish films did Charles Bronson make? I dunno but if you've seen one you've seen them all.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're cruel, dolphin...summoning them back to this place after they've successfully gotten out.

Edited to add...well...hopefully successfully!
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I mention them not to summon (dunno why I did for Herzy) but so people can look up their old posts.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    This is the most concise complete writing I've done on Se and is also the freshest date wise.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nvolvement-etc
    Quick comment concerning this link: a good deal of this post deals with Static/Dynamic interaction in general (wiki-link), and does not delineate Se in particular. For static Ne-valuing types, such as ILE, IEE, EII, and LII, the same problems exist as for Se-egos of not being able to connect the dots, of seeing reality as a whirlpool of separate perceptions, and of struggling to link their past experiences to the present within a continuous timeline, and consequently of seeing each day as the new dawn rising.

So Ne types will be able to relate to a good deal of what dolphin has described in that post, even though it was intended to address Se. An example of an ILE woman describing the same kind of perception process despite being Ne-valuing: (link).

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it easier to drink a bottle of wine, spin around 10 times and throw 3 bulls eye in a row both an easier and more interesting feat than writing anything about socionics anymore lol. I just can't describe things that I feel and are more abstract easily into words and not particularly useful since other people typically argue with others about it.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Creepy-theticalanti

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I find myself a little envious because I'd like to have the chance to read real, good material from other self typed ESFps and have it resonate.
    Would you welcome the perspective of an Si-ego, or Ni/Ne? Or do you just want Se-egos in greater hopes that it will resonate more?

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woofie will write a novel about riding his bike in 5...4....
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You/z EII vois. , wha eva.

Yeah, we need more SEEs on the forum.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post

Yeah, we need more SEEs on the forum.
    More? At LEAST half the forum is SEE.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    SEER
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure I wrote something about Se as well. And you'd think with my low post count I'd be able to easily find it again. With the current state of Forum Search, however, how we have to use Google Search, that's not looking possible. Not sure I'm able to write something all that good about Se cause I don't know any of the Se betas personally. But, if you are mainly concerned about the SEE perspective then maybe I could write something up again... hmm...
    Last edited by uniden; 08-04-2013 at 08:17 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Uniden: ?
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I tend to keep most of my socionic musing to myself or close friends, and in large don't post it on the forum or on the internet. Of course I have made posts about socionics in the past, but in large I don't like to post a lot of what I write publicly because I tend to see a lot of my own type and values show up in my writing. What I mean by that is when I try to describe things like Alpha quadra values, my writing tends to focus inherently on connections between ideas or people, or worse practical applications or manifestations of Alpha quadra values which are both very gamma related themes. Basically I tend to view a lot of my writings as being bastardized by my own perspective and to that end not incredibly accurate.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-A-Reflection

For example in the thread I posted above, while it was positively received, and a post perhaps many non-gammas got something out of, I tend to describe Fe through the lens of Fi rather than something that is objectively Fe. Specifically the post focuses on how Fe or Fi types may gravitate towards or away from people in an effort to achieve a type of emotional tranquility. How they make judgements about those around them and who to interact with, which while it may have been helpful to some, isn't entirely objective concerning the Fe types who may not be concerned with such gravitation. It's very difficult for me to remove these sorts of hiccups from my writing and for that reason I'm not always comfortable sharing such things since I know there is still a lot of myself present.
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    because I need a manly LIE to teach me about how religion is a lie (LIE GET IT)
    Give Alpha NT a try in this department as well, you bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    Keep your dead in your quadra.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

weak ne and ni seeking.

cuz you can't jump the track, we're like cars on a cable, and life's like an hourglass, glued to the table. noone can find the rewind button, girl. there's a light at each end of this tunnel, you shout cuz you're just as far in as you'll ever be out. and these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again, if you only try turning around.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

To me Se... centers a person in a sort of obviousness that was forgotten but not discarded completely. It snaps the person back into themselves and the world around them, makes you feel like... you're here.

It's better at seeing the essence of a situation, probably even more than Ni really. It sees through things, at their raw fundamental point. When the baby first comes out of the vagina, it always seems to see you that way.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    To me Se... centers a person in a sort of obviousness that was forgotten but not discarded completely. It snaps the person back into themselves and the world around them, makes you feel like... you're here.

It's better at seeing the essence of a situation, probably even more than Ni really. It sees through things, at their raw fundamental point. When the baby first comes out of the vagina, it always seems to see you that way.
    Childlike in its simplicity, masterful in its application. Se; your own personal super power *manly pose*
    Easy Day

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lul...

You folks better play some RPGs. Anyway, read a couple links and it differs "a bit" from Se egos I have had the (dis)pleasure in real life. I take it it is written romantically or something.

If one want to chip in and kill me with his Se manly power, that is, respond. Feel free to do so.
    Last edited by Absurd; 08-10-2013 at 08:59 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    i'm Se because I totally notice everything about object stuff
    and I can experience body feelings (no homo)
    and it's not subjective like but it's like it's REAL like I FEEL THE OBJECT NOT MY BODY
    SLEEP IS WEAKNESS
    HAIL ALLAH HAIL ALLAH HAIL ALLAH

oh yeah and sometimes my Ni get's carried away and I worship Allah
    because I need a manly LIE to teach me about how religion is a lie (LIE GET IT)
    and how desolate and hopeless the world is because people don't care
    I love your post.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Personally, I tend to keep most of my socionic musing to myself or close friends, and in large don't post it on the forum or on the internet. Of course I have made posts about socionics in the past, but in large I don't like to post a lot of what I write publicly because I tend to see a lot of my own type and values show up in my writing. What I mean by that is when I try to describe things like Alpha quadra values, my writing tends to focus inherently on connections between ideas or people, or worse practical applications or manifestations of Alpha quadra values which are both very gamma related themes. Basically I tend to view a lot of my writings as being bastardized by my own perspective and to that end not incredibly accurate.

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-A-Reflection

For example in the thread I posted above, while it was positively received, and a post perhaps many non-gammas got something out of, I tend to describe Fe through the lens of Fi rather than something that is objectively Fe. Specifically the post focuses on how Fe or Fi types may gravitate towards or away from people in an effort to achieve a type of emotional tranquility. How they make judgements about those around them and who to interact with, which while it may have been helpful to some, isn't entirely objective concerning the Fe types who may not be concerned with such gravitation. It's very difficult for me to remove these sorts of hiccups from my writing and for that reason I'm not always comfortable sharing such things since I know there is still a lot of myself present.
    Well, I wish you'd write more anything because even that was enjoyable. You're one of the only people online whose work I read and I instantly feel is an ESFp, and it makes the nanashi soul happy. No stop, 'k?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nanashi View Post
    Well, I wish you'd write more anything because even that was enjoyable. You're one of the only people online whose work I read and I instantly feel is an ESFp, and it makes the nanashi soul happy. No stop, 'k?
    I AM THE SOUL HAPPY-ER!
    Easy Day

"Cool Mafia Godfather" ~SLE Leader's Avatar
    TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are still on this site...wow. dunno why ibstopped by but whatever. At its most basic level...this is how MY Se works (and how it looks to others)..with some Ti included.

Ezi is sitting down, completely still. He seems so quiet, but his eyes are just quietly lookih around scanning the area. Ezi "........." Existing suddenly gets up and does something. Comes back and sits down completely still. Gets up and does something. Sits back down. Ezi does this several times..but to the outside observer he is compleletly quiet...reserved...but either motionless or frantically busy. What's going on in Ezi's mind? Ezi: I'm so FUCKIN BOOOOOOOORED!!!!!!" I have a fast brain...which might be a bit more individual, but Se in venereal is constaning scanninbthe environement, picking every single thing up. Moving from object to obeject, event to event. That's why se is static, we need constant new stimuli.

You can se it when Se dominants are in se mode or whatever...they start talking...they get hyped up, talk very fast, in the moment. Almost kind of frantic, energetic.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    People are still on this site...wow. dunno why ibstopped by but whatever. At its most basic level...this is how MY Se works (and how it looks to others)..with some Ti included.

Ezi is sitting down, completely still. He seems so quiet, but his eyes are just quietly lookih around scanning the area. Ezi "........." Existing suddenly gets up and does something. Comes back and sits down completely still. Gets up and does something. Sits back down. Ezi does this several times..but to the outside observer he is compleletly quiet...reserved...but either motionless or frantically busy. What's going on in Ezi's mind? Ezi: I'm so FUCKIN BOOOOOOOORED!!!!!!" I have a fast brain...which might be a bit more individual, but Se in venereal is constaning scanninbthe environement, picking every single thing up. Moving from object to obeject, event to event. That's why se is static, we need constant new stimuli.
    That is very confusing, who is Ezi? Oh, your mind in Se base mode? was it easy for you to explain this? I ask because the base function is supposed to just happen subconciously. Going by that you should be much more adept at explaining Ti. I understand the thread is asking for Se I just wonder how you approached it.

You can se it when Se dominants are in se mode or whatever...they start talking...they get hyped up, talk very fast, in the moment. Almost kind of frantic, energetic.
    Ne base also does this. I think this is one areas that is difficult for Se doms to write about because they are familiar with Se but do not seem to realise that it has very similar triats to Ne. Even well versed Se 4d and 3d types seem to have difficulty describing Ne. I noticed this with another member. Her descriptions of Se are great and I identify a lot with them, almost as much as Ne.

Also a question, do you see the truth as fluid? Do you think this is a trait of SeTi. I have noticed a trend in ESTp's lying (denial of truth) and seeming to not give a hoot about it. It's easier in posts as you can highlight the lies and contradictions. Whereas in person it's like a game which just gets turned around and around until either you halt it or agree with them. And it is very difficult to argue 'yes you did say that, 2 minutes ago!' with an Se base. How do you rationalise this? please explain if you can, it may help me communicate better with ESTp's.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Geminatronix

Se leading isn't that hard to describe if an Se leading type has an understanding of socionics. It is sorta hard describe without mentioning the suggestive function though.
    Last edited by JWC3; 11-19-2013 at 05:05 AM.
    Easy Day

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    That is very confusing, who is Ezi? Oh, your mind in Se base mode? was it easy for you to explain this? I ask because the base function is supposed to just happen subconciously. Going by that you should be much more adept at explaining Ti. I understand the thread is asking for Se I just wonder how you approached it.

Ne base also does this. I think this is one areas that is difficult for Se doms to write about because they are familiar with Se but do not seem to realise that it has very similar triats to Ne. Even well versed Se 4d and 3d types seem to have difficulty describing Ne. I noticed this with another member. Her descriptions of Se are great and I identify a lot with them, almost as much as Ne.

Also a question, do you see the truth as fluid? Do you think this is a trait of SeTi. I have noticed a trend in ESTp's lying (denial of truth) and seeming to not give a hoot about it. It's easier in posts as you can highlight the lies and contradictions. Whereas in person it's like a game which just gets turned around and around until either you halt it or agree with them. And it is very difficult to argue 'yes you did say that, 2 minutes ago!' with an Se base. How do you rationalise this? please explain if you can, it may help me communicate better with ESTp's.
    Yeah my name is Ezi, sorry 'bout that. Its not that its "easier" to explain my conscious function...its just I rather explain it because I have a preference for using it...because its my conscious function. If that makes any sense. I can explain Se quiet easily too, although it does take a little bit more work because I would have to think of all the things that come naturally and automatically to me, which are subconscious. I was saying that, based on my observation of my Se and Se in other Se types like SEE, ISTJ,ISFJ, that is somewhat how it appears although my explanation is mixed in with Ti because it would be a little bit harder for me to say how Se works in those other types because their use of Se is slightly different due to it being either being accompanied by some other function (Fi- ESFP and ISFJ) or in some other position than my Se (ISTJ). This might sound a bit confusing because right now im just going off of more with my Se, just typing off of experience..and not really organizing it my thoughts properly with my Ti.

My previous post was how Se works in general...kind of. As in, Se types are always just scanning the environment in the moment, seeing life as episodes.

Side note, It would be interesting to see how life is "dynamically", for example how IEIs or ESTjs see it, it shows in the way they talk, their speech...its like they speak in melodies...kind of fluent. With IEI being more lyrical, ESTJs being rapid and engaging but still melodic. Se is very fast, choppy, energetic, matter of fact, like we know what the hell were talking about and dont give a fuck about anybody else's opinion.

But back to what I was talking about, my previous post was just vaguely describing what is going on in Se minds at every single second, like I said we need constant change. We are constantly doing shit, all over the place, or bored to hell at rest...but still taking in the environment every bit. Until we start to lose our minds and get up and find something to do (to change our state/scenery).

I could go into detail how its probably works in each Se type with the best of my ability, since I know myself and people rather well so I can think back to what someone did, think of the function they are using and see whats going on in their minds if you want. But the general thing you want to know about Se is, is we need constant new input and stimuli from our environment and we are always alert of whats going around us in the moment. Other types can do this, but not as well, such as like Estjs..who are almost aware of everything thats going on, but they are focusing more on details and organization which stops them from seeing other things thats going on around them.

With my Se...its like... Im, RIGHT HERE. My body, in this bubble of reality surrounding me. I dont have to see everything, I can feel everything even if its not close by. I hear everything. Smell everything. I especially pick up stuff that is coming into my sphere of reality, like Herzy said its like a radar. We are constantly picking everything up thats going on. I might be on my computer...typing, but am aware of whats going on on the television, at the same time aware of the people talking upstairs and understanding what they are saying, then a creak might happen in the floor that I hear but noone else...but my Se and Se experiences immediately knows what it is so I dont have to spend my attention on it at all.

Im sorry, im rambling and this might not make sense at all unless I really try to organize what im trying to illustrate to you.

Yeah Ne is similar...but still totally different. Ne is abstract, Se is Matter of Fact. Ne is fast...but more nervous. Not as rigid and nervous as say Te, but more lighter...Ne looks scattered, erratic, and is focused on concepts and connecting ideas, Se is present and understands whats going on in the present moment.

Sorry if this is incomprehensible, but im too lazy to try to make anymore sense of it. -_-

But what do you mean do I see truth as fluid? No. If anything..thats probably SEE, who with their Fi can change at the drop of the hat and truly believe what they are saying even if it doesnt make much sense sorry to say. All based on their personal beliefs and feelings. But I think I know what your trying to ask.

Okay, ill speak about myself only. I don't really like lying, I mean real serious lies that could end up having severe consequences in the long run, and we ESTps dont generally like being disliked so our reputation and respect are very big to us. I value truth and logic, sometimes even at the expense of others feelings. If im serious angry, I can be very blunt and end up destroying a persons feelings. This is why...if you ask a ESTp for example, "Does my butt look to big in this, am I ugly?" Or something like that...we'll use our Ti to try to sweeten it up and take into consideration the persons feelings, giving some smart vague answer, when in our minds we are being very blunt. I can lie to your face and not give a fuck, but ill usually be guilty, so I usually dont do that. Now if you're talking about a debate or like a argument, yes we can lie with some contradictions and disregard what the person is saying. Its usually the other person really caring about the argument and thinking we are as serious as them, when we are not..we just want to win the argument, so we end up turning black into white without ever backing down. But then again, we arent taking it serious at all...we are just playful combative. We like to win, who doesn't.

If we are arguing and I said something completely different from what I am saying now, in my mind I know and I am probably laughing about it, but to the other person they'll think I seriously believe what I am saying, even when I don't even care. Im just arguing just to be an ass.

If its anything SERIOUS, two things will happen. If I don't know or am uncertain, I will clearly tell you, "I dont know" and that will be the end of it, I wont say anything else and if you keep pestering me I will get irritated. If I do know what im talking about, I will state the reality of the situation once and thats it, because there is no point in trying to convince the person otherwise, I don't care. I know I am right. Point Blank. There are times when I will try to help to person see my point through logic, but generally if I see that the person will never understand, I will never say it more than once.

Again I apologize, my writing is all over the place right now so I do hope you understand what I am saying. I don't think I even answered you're question "Do you see truth as fluid" correctly. Do I? Not sure. We ESTp see many sides of the story, can put ourselves in other shoes, and end up with the correct answer in the end. We will hold back until we have the final most probably answer, anything else is just speculation and we dont really like that. Its kind of hard to tell if we are lying or taking things seriously. But the one definite way to know if a ESTp is being no nonsense to you is when they look it. You will know. We will look right in your face, no smiling, no expression, grave tone, probably slightly irritated, everything about us will be serious, and we will tell you exactly what is on our mind.

Its like...we can go from happy go lucky carefree, to just dead serious. Within that moment of dead seriousness, that ESTp is being completely 100% with you and is revealing themselves and what they think to you. You should probably listen too, we aren't stupid at all. Thats how you'll know the ESTp is not playing anymore. Thats why some people who dont know that particular ESTp might think that the ESTp is bipolar, because you dont know them. You see one side of them, the carefree side or the quiet reserved side...but inside our heads we are sharp, calculating, and sometimes ruthless as hell. But we want to be liked and to be kind most of the time so you dont see that. You see us either smiling cheerfully and being very playful, or being quiet polite and charming. No one likes a mean asshole.

Thats the healthy ESTp anyways...some of us haven't got it yet or some are just in a reaaaaally fucked up mood that day. When that happens just let them know that you are there for them, but still stay out of the way and let them be. All depends on the individual.
    Last edited by Leader; 11-19-2013 at 01:55 AM.

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post

If you wanna communicate better with ESTps let me know you're type. I'll tell you what you can do a little better. I mean in general...just be honest as possible, sincere, dont try to bs around with us because we will see through it and have no respect for you even if at the time we dont show it at all. We remember every single thing people do to us and keep a note of it. Just be sincere and sweet to us, when you genuinely like us, we will probably go through hell and back for you. But if at anytime we start to bullshit and do something that annoys you, just let us know.. be completely frank about it, just with no attitude please. Two things will happen, we will understand and apologize...or just not give a fuck about it at the time. Then after a while we will reflect, understand and come back to apologize.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanna communicate better with ESTps let me know you're type. I'll tell you what you can do a little better. I mean in general...just be honest as possible, sincere, dont try to bs around with us because we will see through it and have no respect for you even if at the time we dont show it at all. We remember every single thing people do to us and keep a note of it. Just be sincere and sweet to us, when you genuinely like us, we will probably go through hell and back for you. But if at anytime we start to bullshit and do something that annoys you, just let us know.. be completely frank about it, just with no attitude please. Two things will happen, we will understand and apologize...or just not give a fuck about it at the time. Then after a while we will reflect, understand and come back to apologize.
    Thank you for both your responses. I apreciate the time and effort you put into it and found them both helpful.

I am IEE but a couple of people have questioned SEE as a possibility so I have looked into that and tbh some of the descriptions given on Se can be fairly in line with my thinking but i still do associate more with Ne.

I have had a lot of difficulty communicating with SLE types as I generally find them to be inauthentic and I suppose the flip side of that is that they find me too touchy or idealistic. Integrity is very important to me and it's almost as if SeTi mocks this knowingly to gain an upper hand in matters of debate/conflict etc. I can be quite confrontational too at times but usually only when someone really offends me or bullies someone else, I usually support the underdog. I'm quite a serious person (though i do have a silly side) and have had real belly laughs with ESTp's before especially when i catch up on their quickness in making fun out of nowhere (if that makes sense). but there does seem to be something missing for me, some sense of peacefulness and spirituality... like I can only connect momentarily befor someone/something else has their undivided loyal attention.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    ESTp 8
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Some missing peacefulness, spirituality? Could you elaborate? And inauthentic? Explain?

One of -MY- biggest problems in this world is connecting with people. I can usually see a clear glimpse of the person's character...but in general what I see, I don't like, a lot people are fake as hell, or just care about themselves. So I never open up, they never get to know me...and they usually end up not liking me at all or have some negative view of me, for the very fact that I never really open up. That's why most ESTps are generally closed off. That Ti barrier, that aloofness is to protect us. We've been hardened by the real world. I value integrity as well, but the real world simply does not operate that way. People say they want this, they want that...but what they do, the actions they take, are the only things that count. People don't know what they want...or even have conflicting intentions. So we adapt, distance ourselves from people and use cold hard logic to do what we must. Survival of the Fittest.

You often defend the underdog? ESTps are usually the "bullies" or "underdogs" depending on how you see it, or whose "side" you are on. Im usually the underdog, but I don't give a fuck if I have to fight everyone if I know im "justified". It usually ends up like this for ESTps, we are alone. People usually are always agaisn't us, but we love the fight so we don't mind..although deep down inside its lonely when people can't don't even want to understand us and just see us as the bad guy when we are really good at heart.

The reason why you can't communicate with ESTp is the reason why everyone can't communicate well with ESTp...we won't open up because we don't really know you yet...and we are just willful people. And it usually never happens..it would take a special person, or even "years" for us to really open up. It usually never happens. It all just depends on the ESTp's skill in socializing with you, because you'll never get them to open up. Just be as genuinely friendly as possible (just be yourself...not try to force any feelings, if you like the person like them..but still with ESTps however you treat them, you get 3x back) and the layers will gradually fall away, and we become more free and playful, until you fuck up and our guard is back up (alot of times ESTps, are RECKLESS as fuck...I know I am. Alot of people think im crazy or stupid...because I've done alot of dumb brash STUPID STUPID shit that I still regret, until they eventually get to know me and they're shocked that im so smart and very sweet...that sweetness is dying off im afraid). We'll never tell you why, because talking about what caused the pain makes us feel vulnerable and weak.

As for the few ENFps I met, they are cool. Some of them funny as fuck lol, had my stomach hurting. If we see you as touchy or idealistic, its not that we don't like you. We don't like that shit in general...we don't like soft, optimistic, spiritual stuff because we've been beaten down by the real world. Although deep downside we might find it kind of sweet and pleasant to be around, but not for too long....worlds a cold place, we are pragmatic.

But also for the connecting thing...sorry, yeah its not only hard to open up and relax, but we get bored easily :/ Not that you're boring, but we are Se...so we like change, so we might go off somewhere and do something, but we'll always come back to you to chat for awhile if we think you're friendly.

You got a picture? I can figure out your type by looking at you. You seem ENFps anyways by how we're interacting with each other.
    Last edited by Leader; 11-19-2013 at 04:06 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

...Some missing peacefulness, spirituality? Could you elaborate? And inauthentic? Explain?

One of -MY- biggest problems in this world is connecting with people. I can usually see a clear glimpse of the person's character...but in general what I see, I don't like, a lot people are fake as hell, or just care about themselves. So I never open up, they never get to know me...and they usually end up not liking me at all or have some negative view of me, for the very fact that I never really open up. That's why most ESTps are generally closed off. That Ti barrier, that aloofness is to protect us. We've been hardened by the real world. I value integrity as well, but the real world simply does not operate that way. People say they want this, they want that...but what they do, the actions they take, are the only things that count. People don't know what they want...or even have conflicting intentions. So we adapt, distance ourselves from people and use cold hard logic to do what we must. Survival of the Fittest.

You often defend the underdog? ESTps are usually the "bullies" or "underdogs" depending on how you see it, or whose "side" you are on. Im usually the underdog, but I don't give a fuck if I have to fight everyone if I know im "justified". It usually ends up like this for ESTps, we are alone. People usually are always agaisn't us, but we love the fight so we don't mind..although deep down inside its lonely when people can't don't even want to understand us and just see us as the bad guy when we are really good at heart.

The reason why you can't communicate with ESTp is the reason why everyone can't communicate well with ESTp...we won't open up because we don't really know you yet...and we are just willful people. And it usually never happens..it would take a special person, or even "years" for us to really open up. It usually never happens. It all just depends on the ESTp's skill in socializing with you, because you'll never get them to open up. Just be as genuinely friendly as possible (just be yourself...not try to force any feelings, if you like the person like them..but still with ESTps however you treat them, you get 3x back) and the layers will gradually fall away, and we become more free and playful, until you fuck up and our guard is back up (alot of times ESTps, are RECKLESS as fuck...I know I am. Alot of people think im crazy or stupid...because I've done alot of dumb brash STUPID STUPID shit that I still regret, until they eventually get to know me and they're shocked that im so smart and very sweet...that sweetness is dying off im afraid). We'll never tell you why, because talking about what caused the pain makes us feel vulnerable and weak.

As for the few ENFps I met, they are cool. Some of them funny as fuck lol, had my stomach hurting. If we see you as touchy or idealistic, its not that we don't like you. We don't like that shit in general...we don't like soft, optimistic, spiritual stuff because we've been beaten down by the real world. Although deep downside we might find it kind of sweet and pleasant to be around, but not for too long....worlds a cold place, we are pragmatic.

But also for the connecting thing...sorry, yeah its not only hard to open up and relax, but we get bored easily :/ Not that you're boring, but we are Se...so we like change, so we might go off somewhere and do something, but we'll always come back to you to chat for awhile if we think you're friendly.

You got a picture? I can figure out your type by looking at you. You seem ENFps anyways by how we're interacting with each other.
    I just see ESTp as alpha types who tend to want to steak claim to things and because they take on a central attitude, thus they want the world around them to treat them like they are the boss and to obey them. The world needs to follow the alpha.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Leader these about-SLE posts are great. It really helps me understand what's goes on in my son's mind, and these things fit. Yes, the honesty directness humor craziness wanting to win and not wanting to seriously hurt anyone. And soft sweet spiritual stuff he can take but not too much. Not real life enough for him.

@JadaeRat, I think you are SLE. Do Leader's posts here, #29 and #32 resonate with your kind of thinking?

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Truck's explanation. It's natural for me to be aware of the obvious, of what is going on right in front of me and around me that not everyone else picks up on.

I would definitely say, for me, I'm constantly aware of what's going around me at all times. Any change in my external environment catches my attention hence why I have trouble concentrating, reading, or being introspective when people are around or any degree of external activity is going on. On the other hand, I see ILIs I know who appear not to give any fucks and are glued into their own mind, their computer, or whatever.

I also notice I like to be where the action is. I like to have a frequent change of scenery. It's one of the reasons I don't think I could stand an office job that sticks me into a little cubicle. Changes in my external environment energize me so long as my behavior and actions aren't too restricted, but I don't think anyone likes to be told to do this or that or else.

But I think the need for change in the external environment has a lot to do with why Se types are stereotyped as impulsive and unfocused.

So the reason Se is related to shape, form, color, territory, and the like is because those things all have to do with the immediate, physical environment.

I also think the reputation for Se egos --Se leading types, especially-- to be decisive and initiative taking is because they typically are the first to notice what is going on around them, what obstacles are in their way, and they are the ones who easily get impatient with those obstacles and choose to do something about it because the immediate and physical world is their natural realm of confidence.

As for the stereotypes of SEE, they are largely bull shit, especially what I've read over the forum. I would say most all enjoy socialization, are interested in other people, get bored when nothing around them is happening, and prefer clear real world explanations that tell them where things are, what to do and how to actually do something than being told to do something but using a lot of technical language lacking in concrete detail that appeals to an innate situational awareness. As for being dumb, illiterate, slutty, and such, it's bull shit if people haven't figured that one out already.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG, @aixelsyd is back!!

Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx