TIM
    IEE-2Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire - ENxP

What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is something of pleasurable aesthetic or emotional potency. To me, something that is beautiful creates a sensation of frisson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzCtcAl_AUM - This is what I consider a beautiful.

Love is a human emotion that is most significant to the complexity of human nature. From a biological perspective, it's simply a state of pure infatuation evolved into our psyche for the sole purpose of procreation. That is why love can be debilitating or exhilarating depending on the circumstances; it is integral to the survival of our species. These circumstances are so diverse and unique to the individual that I think love is also a purely subjective experience with an infinite range of cognitive processing to our species. In other words, no two people experience love with the same cognitive specifications.

What are your most important values?
    I highly value knowledge. That tired old phrase "the more you know, the less you know" doesn't ring true to me. I understand its meaning as: the more knowledge you gain, the more complex and interminably heavy the unknown becomes. I'm practically a child, but the knowledge I have gained thus far has provided clarity to my place in the universe. I've only longed to understand this giant blue box I woke up in. Every new discovery made is a glimpse of reality through a frame of reference that achieved self-awareness. Every gained truth adds to the primitive question: what is this? What is it all for? How did it come to be? For this, I consider knowledge to be my 'essential mineral'. The one thing that separates me from my pre-birth void of consciousness is the knowledge I have gained on Earth.

This is why I hate religion. Particularly theistic ones. Buddhism contains semblances of insight, but even that still obeys the pretense of ancient philosophies about morality. There is no divine morality, people. The reason I approach this topic is because I am annoyed by those who choose to blatantly disregard reality to protect their illusion of meaning and purpose. I'm annoyed that they procreate and brainwash their children with this bullshit.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    I often have long conversations about philosophy, film, music, sports, and psychology because they are my interests.
    Philosophy - I enjoy dissecting the nature of reality and gaining insight about what everything is.
    Film - I have encyclopedic knowledge of films of all eras/genres/countries and enjoy discussing them with people who share my enthusiasm for cinema.
    Music - I love to share music that I love with other people. I get unusually euphoric when they tell me they love it too.
    Sports - I play college volleyball and recreational basketball. I love to talk to people about these two topics.

I love conversation, period. I like to debate and argue, even about things I do not care about. Simply for the joy of debate.

What do you think of daily chores?
    I hate doing chores but they have to be done.

One 'daily chore' scenario is when my grandparents need help carrying heavy objects across rooms. I always *demand* that they let me carry it alone. My grandpa becomes enraged because he thinks I'm over-evaluating my strength or just being arrogant. In reality, I am impatient with his slow ass and prefer to get chores done as quickly as possible. I'm lazy.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Books: Only three standouts come to mind: House of Leaves, Flowers For Algernon, and Brave New World.

Movies: Taran-fucking-tino.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    The movie Dear Zachary made me cry. Louis CK makes me smile because he speaks without a gram of fuck given to the what the audience thinks. He's just amazing.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging.

1. Mountains.
    2. My house.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I've been called insensitive by some, too friendly by others, too emotional by others, too logical and objective by others. I dislike the fact that I have not found my type.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People compliment my writing and athletic ability. I like those two things.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    All the drug use. A plan for my future would be nice.

Short-term or long-term?
    Yes.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, because I've found myself addicted to drugs and discouraged from my passion. My reaction is... well, asking 16types.info.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    Like: Funny and charming and harmonious. Someone who is genuine and can intelligently debate.
    Dislike: People who make jokes at my expense when they are around their buddies but silently walk past me when alone. I will kill the next person to do this.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Care about me, be consistently interesting, don't bore me to death.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    No religion. I will give my child the freedom to pursue his/her passion. I will never force him/her to partake in activities that betray their interest. I would teach them proper communication skills and guide them to value objective reasoning.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward: Glee atthe incoming debate
    Outward: Dismantle their claim

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I'm impressed we even made it this far, really. Society is as flawed as human nature. But whatever. If me and my family and friends are safe, it's straight. I don't really care about the rest of the planet. A prevalent social problem is hedonism.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose friends that can keep a conversation going enthusiastically. Not typical Fe politeness, I mean fucking passionately engage in conversation.

How do you behave around strangers?
    Yes.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by absyrd View Post
    prefer to get chores done as quickly as possible. I'm lazy.
    Okay.

I'm not 100% sure but may be alpha, so don't quote me on that yet. Followed by delta? Might want to take one of these two tests: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-...Socionics-Test

Watch out to not put yourself in a box taking it, though.
    Last edited by Absurd; 07-28-2013 at 12:16 PM.

TIM
    IEE-2Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Yes.

Okay.

I'm not 100% sure but may be alpha, so don't quote me on that yet. Followed by delta? Might want to take one of these two tests: http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-...Socionics-Test

Watch out to not put yourself in a box taking it, though.
    I've tested ENTP on MyPersonality, 16personalities, Socionics normal/reversed mode, Socionics Turbo XL...

Test Results

Your Sociotype: ILE-2Ne (ENTp)

Okay, I guess I should just accept it then... I thought I was a Feeler but guess not.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whoops.

TIM
    IEE-2Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now what

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not satisfied with the verdict? Post a pic or two so people can dissect you. You can contact Words so he can channel "higher authority" as well.

My job is done here...

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Diagnosis: Human being.

Treatment: Oxygen, fluids (especially water), consumption of vegetative matter and animal meat (depending on philosophical disposition) for energy in a manner consistent with nutritional balance and unique physiology.

Prognosis: Sustainment and prolonging of life.

TIM
    IEE-2Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Diagnosis: Human being.

Treatment: Oxygen, fluids (especially water), consumption of vegetative matter and animal meat (depending on philosophical disposition) for energy in a manner consistent with nutritional balance and unique physiology.

Prognosis: Sustainment and prolonging of life.

Damn

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You look ILE.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi phthalate