View Poll Results: What's meaner?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thinking (opposed to feeling)

    8 42.11%
  • Perception (absence of judgment)

    11 57.89%
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Which is meaner?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Which is meaner?

    Which do you think is worse?

    I personally don't know, but for some reason the absence of judgment so seems worse. But I'd guess most people say 'Thinking'.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If by "mean" you mean (ugh) saying insensitive things and the like, I'd have to say that the absence of judgement is worse - - it makes you say or do things on the spur of the moment that you regret later. However, some feeler types might say thinking is worse if they automatically discount things said in the absence of judgement - - an NeFi friend of mine is like that.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know... When "mean" things come out of my mouth, it is never an accident (although I may allow people to think that it was an accident or that I didn't mean it the way it came out).

    But I'm neither an ethical type nor an irrational type, so my response is irrelavant to the poll.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  4. #4
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Thinking, of course. Absence of judgement doesn't bother me at all. Infact I like it that way...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'd say functions have nothing to do with meanness. Not even in a toungue-in-cheek kind of way.
    INFj

  6. #6
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I voted for perception. The reason is that people don't really plan to do mean things and mean things seem spur of the moment to me. (thinking is not mean, although thinkers can be mean).

    And I do think being mean has got something to do with functions because some types are more likely mean than others, IMO. It is important to point out that different types see different kinds of behavior as mean, so objectively speaking, all types are equally mean. And we could also consider the fact that there is a different amount of people of different types, so actually some types are more likely to be considered mean. (on the Internet gamma SF's are the meanest people, because there are the most alpha NT's present. And IRL gamma NT's are the most mean, because ESFj tends to be listed as the most common type IRL).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,074
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    It is important to point out that different types see different kinds of behavior as mean, so objectively speaking, all types are equally mean.
    Well, you're not trying to be mean here at all... .


    And we could also consider the fact that there is a different amount of people of different types, so actually some types are more likely to be considered mean. (on the Internet gamma SF's are the meanest people, because there are the most alpha NT's present. And IRL gamma NT's are the most mean, because ESFj tends to be listed as the most common type IRL).
    ... because we all believe those type distribution stats.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    192
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    And I do think being mean has got something to do with functions because some types are more likely mean than others, IMO. It is important to point out that different types see different kinds of behavior as mean, so objectively speaking, all types are equally mean.
    So are you refering to two different definitions of meanness or are you just being self-contradicting?
    INFj

  9. #9
    Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,782
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    So this woman invites me over for dinner at her place because her computer needs to be fixed (in fact, a lot of computers suddenly broke down just after I broke up with my girl friend late 2004). When I get there, the computer problems are already fixed.

    Over dinner, we discuss our previous romantic experiences, and she, 42 years old, does not seem like she's ever lived with a man. So out of warm curiosity, I ask her: "You're really not all that experienced with men, are you?" Oops... No wonder I didn't get into her pants that same evening.

    This is how insensitive an FP type can be!
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

  10. #10
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    (on the Internet gamma SF's are the meanest people, because there are the most alpha NT's present. And IRL gamma NT's are the most mean, because ESFj tends to be listed as the most common type IRL).
    wtfff
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  11. #11
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,626
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Impossible to decide anyway.

    Perception can be meaner for impulsivity, but more tolerant and less anal/fastidious, which would make it less mean.

    Thinking can be meaner by not considering feeling, though if carried out with finesse, it needs to include feelings reaction in order to reach its goals.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •