TIM
    IEI!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a questionaire is like crack for a typology enthusiast

What is beauty?

I experience beauty as an emotion, when I experience something and it hits me with awe, passion, wonder. It's like an inexplainable state which is so deep and beautiful and heart touching. It's often music or a piece of writing. Nature; the bright green of the leaves, the skeleton of the trees often makes me feel deeply. A moment of wisdom or deep perception into life often makes me feel in a state of beauty; and the deep and intense moments of love I feel for people are beauty to me as well.

What is love?

What makes love special to a person who often experiences love, is the total uniqueness and singularity of the love for the person in front of me. Love can be lit up excitement or the feel of deep quiet care. It's unique to the person in front of you. It means you're really seeing the person and your feelings are sensitively in tune and in line to what they are. It's a way of experiencing a person through an emotion, it hightens them and makes them deeply special. They have some trait which brings out a strong feeling in me; platonic love is just as intense as any other kind of love. I guess I have experienced every shade or kind of love; mad passion, intense joy to the kind a little old couple would have; that the emotion of love is secondary to the person I love and all the uniqueness and greatness of who they are. I feel I'm watching the person live out a great story.

“I love you also means I love you more than anyone loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that no one loves you, or has loved you, or will love you, and also, I love you in a way that I love no one else, and never have loved anyone else, and never will love anyone else.”

Love to me, can also be an experience for people you don't know, a deep sense of compassion and love for their feelings of human suffering; a heart ache at their pain and a passion to make things better. Through compassion and an awakeness to the deep and dark shit in everyone else, I often feel this feeling of love, that is full of pain which both motivates me and renders me into still contemplation.

What are your most important values?

I have a strong sense of justice and a strong sense of compassion which motivate me; I get very angry at cruelty and mistreatment. I'd say these are my strongest values and the area I feel most strongly about; I hate cruelty and insensitivity to people. I hate people who are WEAK of character, who will put people down to put themselves up, who bully people for kicks, who say cruel things because the person angers them or irritates them; friends who are two faced to anyone they call a friend. These values deeply motivate me to take action in wider life and to speak out when I watch it go on; I'm not afraid of that, I've put myself in many questionable situations to deal with what is unjust.

I hate people that cannot be upfront and direct with on another in friendships or relationships; as a college girl, I see a lot of bitching behind backs and most people cannot honestly bring up something with someone or confront someone where they have wronged them. Bitchiness is weakness. Loyalty and respect to friends are just a given, and I feel that this extends to being honest and direct; ALWAYS have someone's back, consider their feelings and be direct with them when they act out of line or did something to piss you off.

I try to be strong often; I suppose this is one of my values. I also strive to speak out against what is wrong, and to tell people when they are hurting others and their behaviour isn't okay.

Compassion, loyalty; having someone's back no matter wht.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    War is an evil but a necessary evil to deal with greater evils (such as the nazis). I believe war should be a last resort and hope that maybe the world will someday progress to war being seen as barbaric. But I think that the possibility of war should always be there to deal with situations that cannot be resolved in any other way.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    About people, their emotions, experiences, important things to them. If I value someone we tend to talk in depthly and widely. It's more about who I am with than what topics we discuss. So I suppose my longest conversations involve the sharing of subjective experiences and feelings and what matters to them. I like talking about life but in the context of deeper meaning and understanding. I suppose psychology and philosophy....social causes and strong political beliefs quite interest me - I like people that have a sense of wider social justice and can talk to me about what is going on in the world and how that is right or wrong...I like dimensional things and interpretation A LOT as oppose to concrete one sided views or situations; like recently, I was chilling with some friends my boyfriends garden, we were drinking and eating to the early morning and one of the guys was talking about the realities of slums; what it's like for people there, after coming back from India and the social justice aspect of it all. He was discussing Fidel and Che (who I find really fucking inspiration for his deep love and conviction for the poor in his country at the time; even though I am not a communist), and how Fidel isn't really this monster we see him as; and that it was this massive smear campaign by the west. I just found that fascinating; like the dimensions; how so much of what we believe and think is so limited or one dimensional; how things can be seen differently.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I would find it kind of dull conversationally; but I am really, really interested in healthiness; my boyfriend and I love the natural approach to health; I love seeing food as medicine and find it fascinating what it go do for us and how it heals. I LOVE reading about it.

What do you think of daily chores?
    I put them off; but feel better when I am more structured and organized. Though I am continually scatty and unroutined haha.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I love Pulp Fiction; brilliantly done; wonderful characters; incredibly special and unique. I really like the Motocycle diaries; really reflected my desire to help people and I found Che's depiction really inspirational in that film; related to my very strong desire to help people in a hopefully profound way/or help many. American Beauty is a great film. Recently watched . Inglorious Basterds; I really love the bright intensity and brilliant involving story lines in Tarantino's films. City of God, Heat, Elite Squad; powerful characters, gritty situations; how these characters overcome them or attempt to and then crash and burn; lots of power and intensity; a sense of realism.

I like intelligent, involving story lines that create strong feelings and express strong values or greater truths or depict humanity truly and profoundly. I like strong films I guess.

Books; currently some awesome cookery books which have allowed me to cook up some awesome, complex meals. The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying; really eye opening, death is a nothing subject in the west or something idealized, never confronted and this book allows me to percieve of death as something and to deal with it. I often have fears of death or of my love dying (my boyfriend), but its helping me deal with them.

I like non fiction books on psychology. Self help shit I guess lol. My favourite book is Lolita.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    Someone blighting my sense of hopeful idealism about great changes to the world and people's troubled lives, recently made me very, very upset. Apart from that only in matters of love lol.

I smile often; I mostly enjoy being with others. People's wit and jokes. Nature and animals can make me smile too.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    When I am in an enjoyable social situation. When I have just done some yoga and I am walking through nature; I really listen, look and pay attention to everything.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    Messiness lol, always being late everywhere - tying to curb them both.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

My joy/confidence - ability to have fun with others; I value my magnetic side that can connect well to others and really helps me enjoy being in social situations. I'd definitely say my strength of character; my ability to do what is right and stand up for what I believe in. I also have kindness and compassion; but sometimes feel these to be too soft or weak/unuseful lol,

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Organising. Practical steps to making a difference to the world; volunteering, practically supporting my cause (if I had one, I'd love one; I'd love strong people to help me undertake it)

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

Erm sometimes, I have times of depression or emptiness, often related to not being confident enough. I think it over, feel very down; I try to take practical steps to helping it; but often only time helps. Confidence came with time.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I like lots of different kinds of people. I most enjoy or admire people who have a passionate and electric energy. I love people who are very strong in character. I love people who are just; who know what is right and speak for it.

I dislike judgemental people, I dislike nasty people, bleak people. People who are self involved, who are both socially unaware and obnoxious; seriously make me cringe.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

Enjoy it. Loyalty, someone I get on great with really.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I'd like them to love and believe in themselves, to be good and kind and just; apart from that
    I'd just like to love and appreciate what they are.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

It depends what it is; if it is deeply held I will likely come in very strong. I usually make jokes about it, make them laugh if I know it's not likely to change but isn't a serious view - such as something minorly sexist or rude like my fi polr boyfriend often makes ...or discuss it question it if it is more serious.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I like society. I see it as what I can get out of it and what I can do to help people within it. I see people as whole...I guess I find that hard, as I tend to have a more minorly elitist view...like nice to everyone but I want to invest time in people that most matter. Domestic violence is probably a big one for me.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I find the best people and then go towards them. Differently; I tend to give out a lot of warmth and acceptance; I like to get to know them; the sharing of souls. I tend to be opinionated but interested in others; caring yet also quite independent. I like to joke and have fun and put positive energy out there. But I also enjoy a lot of deep connection about beliefs and experiences, what matters to them. I want them to know they are loved and that I appreciate them and that they will always be a friend fundamentally.

How do you behave around strangers?

Warmly; with kindness and acceptance. I like new people, and am open to everyone; I want people to feel included and welcomed. Sometimes quiet when I don't really trust the person.

Last edited by betterthan; 07-25-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    IEI, sp/sx 4w3.