Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 134

Thread: Your ideal figure

  1. #1
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Your ideal figure

    If you are / were to build or model your body like someone (an actress, bodybuilder, model, etc), who would it be?

    Are you currently working towards a fitness & nutrition program to get there?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  2. #2
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,874
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's a tough question, I'm often caught in an internal dilema between the figures 9 and 7.

    Otherwise a bit buff would be nice, but I'm too lazy to acheive it.

  3. #3
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    It's a tough question, I'm often caught in an internal dilema between the figures 9 and 7.

    Otherwise a bit buff would be nice, but I'm too lazy to acheive it.
    Not gonne lie, Jim... when I saw you had replied, I half expected to open up this thread to see a sumo wrestling picture.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  4. #4
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,874
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Not gonne lie, Jim... when I saw you had replied, I half expected to open up this thread to see a sumo wrestling picture.
    Now that would be something

  5. #5
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post
    Started going to the gym at least twice a week in December, been going 8 months strong now, sometimes 3 times a week (sometimes 4 if I'm crazy). Been getting into lifting.
    For a 3 day split, are you focusing on compound movements each time (squat, bench, pullup, deadlift, etc), or do you break it down to certain muscle groups for each day?

    Props on all the healthy habits! I try to remember to take my supplements daily, but forget sometimes. I'm assuming a multivitamin, fish oil.. anything else?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  6. #6
    Glorious Member mu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mind
    Posts
    7,924
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Young Brad Pitt, but I'm too lazy for that.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,078
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    If you are / were to build or model your body like someone (an actress, bodybuilder, model, etc), who would it be?
    Myself, I would say. And you won't get the figure of your favorite model/actress - different bone structure, genetics, etc. Every one is different. Most important part is knowing what you're doing when it comes to fitness - there are methods that do not bring anything than confusion, plenty of them.

  8. #8
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Myself, I would say. And you won't get the figure of your favorite model/actress - different bone structure, genetics, etc. Every one is different.
    Agreed, but you can typically find a model or actress that has a similar shape and frame, and work towards that.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,078
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Agreed, but you can typically find a model or actress that has a similar shape and frame, and work towards that.
    Just liek you can find a bodybuilder that doesn't do synthetic oil steroids, supplements, powders and stuff...

    I would advise getting familiar with parts of your body first an only then starting working on them. No supplements, no "motivational" posters - you can achieve things with little to no equipment providing you didn't know that.

    How much any one lifts doesn't really matter, unless one aims at not being able to tie their own shoe laces, it's alright. Speed matters.
    Last edited by Absurd; 07-23-2013 at 06:18 PM.

  10. #10
    High Priestess glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,399
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    these days i've grown to appreciate my natural figure more, but i still want/need to lose some body fat.

    atm i'm not really interested in having a very muscular or athletic kind of body. that would be difficult for me to obtain anyway, seeing as how i'm an endomorph.

  11. #11
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My ideal figure would possibly be an 8 shape, so basically as I am now, but without the saddlebags. I see other women in these cute dresses that I couldn't even begin to pull off due to my thighs, and it sucks. (I've read that we tend to look the biggest in the areas where we're proportionally short, and I find this to be somewhat the case.) I'm not really working toward losing weight, although I really need to for health reasons; I had lost about 15 pounds last I was weighed, though I don't know how. I don't eat a ton of crap to begin with, so I think it's mostly just about portion control, not eating out of boredom, and more exercise. I tell myself that I'll utilize the exercise room once the apartment complex finishes it.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  12. #12
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    My ideal figure would possibly be an 8 shape, so basically as I am now, but without the saddlebags. I see other women in these cute dresses that I couldn't even begin to pull off due to my thighs, and it sucks. (I've read that we tend to look the biggest in the areas where we're proportionally short, and I find this to be somewhat the case.) I'm not really working toward losing weight, although I really need to for health reasons; I had lost about 15 pounds last I was weighed, though I don't know how. I don't eat a ton of crap to begin with, so I think it's mostly just about portion control, not eating out of boredom, and more exercise. I tell myself that I'll utilize the exercise room once the apartment complex finishes it.
    Congrats on the 15 pounds! Keep up the great work, too! Exercise is like brushing your teeth. After building the habit, you start to feel guilty if you don't do it.

    I used to be quite a bit heavier up until 2007 / 2008. In general, I just never grew up learning how to take care of myself. I suppose it's become somewhat of a hobby since then, as it's radically improved my self-esteem and quality of life.

    I hear you on the thighs, though. A 5'3" figure doesn't have a whole lot of places to hide things
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  13. #13
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,874
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post
    You so clever!
    Not really, just bored.

  14. #14
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post

    Resveratrol. You need to check that out. Studies have shown it help mice & fish live 30% longer, provide better energy, stronger libido, etc. It's found in grape skin. It's found naturally in wine, but in much smaller amounts.
    All the Tinychatters know... I don't skip out on the wine : )
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  15. #15
    Darn Socks Director Abbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest USA
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    6,585
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'll take slightly sharper elbows, slightly thinner middle fingers, straighter toes, smoother skin, hair that never gets split ends, thicker eyebrows, and an external and internal cleaning. Maybe deep blue eyes and/or slightly darker skin; I'm not sure. You are offering a magical treatment, right?

    ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

    Johari Nohari

    Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

  16. #16
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,741
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Goal:


    Plan:

    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  17. #17
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't have any specific ideal I look at, but my mind has plenty of images from various media sources against which it likes to compare my mirror's image. *sigh*

    Happily my mother raised her children with some pretty solid nutritional habits, plus a good portion of my genetic heritage inclines me toward slenderness. However, I do have certain fitness/beauty goals that require some effort and discipline, and especially in the last few months I've buckled down and started doing them more consistently. What I'm focusing on right now are overall better muscle tone (especially stomach and arms, but everywhere really) and getting my heart a little stronger - feeling faint while climbing mountains isn't fun.

    Somewhat related, I'm discovering I might be gluten intolerant...


    How about you, applejacks? Do you have any goal ideals? (By the way, I'm not on here much anymore currently, but from what I've read lately you seem like a really nice person and a good addition to the forum.)
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  18. #18
    squirreltual's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLI 9 sp/sx
    Posts
    828
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Marsupials. Ideally I'd like some extra flaps of skin/rolls of fat in which to store my keys, purse and a small human litter. That shit is practical.

  19. #19
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this:
     




  20. #20
    jessica129's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,093
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All I've ever wanted was a flat stomach. I've ran and dieted and lost so much weight but it's never been flat. IDK how the hell people obtain abs. I don't even want a 6 pack, just...flatness. I'm ok with how my body is now but of course I could stand to lose a bit of belly fat. Idk what it is, everything on my body is skinny but my ass and stomach. ugh.

  21. #21
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    I don't have any specific ideal I look at, but my mind has plenty of images from various media sources against which it likes to compare my mirror's image. *sigh*

    Happily my mother raised her children with some pretty solid nutritional habits, plus a good portion of my genetic heritage inclines me toward slenderness. However, I do have certain fitness/beauty goals that require some effort and discipline, and especially in the last few months I've buckled down and started doing them more consistently. What I'm focusing on right now are overall better muscle tone (especially stomach and arms, but everywhere really) and getting my heart a little stronger - feeling faint while climbing mountains isn't fun.

    Somewhat related, I'm discovering I might be gluten intolerant...


    How about you, applejacks? Do you have any goal ideals? (By the way, I'm not on here much anymore currently, but from what I've read lately you seem like a really nice person and a good addition to the forum.)

    Thank you for your sweet comments!

    What mountains have you been climbing?

    How did you find out about the gluten intolerance? Did you remove it and re-introduce it later on? I removed gluten and dairy for a couple months, then re-introduced one at a time very slowly. Turns out my face breaks out with too much dairy / lactose. I've since replaced it with unsweetened almond milk.

    Unfortunately, I was raised on the seefooddiet, and pretty much grew up eating whatever was in front of me. I got to a certain age when I realized my outside didn't match my inside, and wanted to make lifestyle changes, so I did. Six years later, I'm still trying to learn and incorporate better habits, which is why I ask folks.


    Although I doubt I'll ever be able to achieve a physique even remotely close to her's, I really admire and respect Jamie Eason Middleton. She started as a model, fought cancer, and has since become an inspiration for men and women to eat clean. She seems very genuine to help women make better nutritional choices, and preaches an 80% nutrition / 20% exercise ratio for healthy change.






    Her program, tips, and recipes have helped me re-learn how to live and be healthy. I'll have to post before & after pictures sometime. I went through quite a transformation, although it was gradual and stretched out over the course of 3 or 4 years.

    EDIT: @Minde - hope you start coming around the forum more often!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  22. #22
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    What mountains have you been climbing?
    I live in an area where there's a lot of good hiking spots with plenty of up and down, so I mostly refer to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    How did you find out about the gluten intolerance? Did you remove it and re-introduce it later on?
    I have a few friends who can't have gluten at all, so in the last year or so I've been experimenting with different gluten-free recipes and food options. I want my friends to be able to enjoy food, especially when I'm in any way providing some of it! Also, I've long believed that our bodies ask us for what they need, it just takes some practice listening and interpreting the signals. Sometimes it's concrete symptoms, other times (for me, anyway) it can just be an indefinable feeling - like when I look at a certain food and either want it or feel revulsion for it.

    A lot of the time, when I'm paying attention, I notice that my body seems to tell me it doesn't want starches, or things with lots of wheat in it at least. When I feel like that, I'm starting to seriously pay attention and I'm noticing differences, like I have a bit more energy and I get bloated feelings less.

    I haven't gone longer than a week without gluten, so I haven't done a thorough testing of my suspicions. I probably should, but I keep forgetting when I go out places, haha. I am going in the gluten-less direction, though. I haven't actually bought anything with wheat in it for a couple months at least.


    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Six years later, I'm still trying to learn and incorporate better habits, which is why I ask folks.
    Asking and learning things is fun. I think that's a healthy approach. Plus it's a good way to positively connect with people, asking them about themselves.


    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Although I doubt I'll ever be able to achieve a physique even remotely close to her's, I really admire and respect Jamie Eason Middleton. She started as a model, fought cancer, and has since become an inspiration for men and women to eat clean. She seems very genuine to help women make better nutritional choices, and preaches an 80% nutrition / 20% exercise ratio for healthy change.

    Her program, tips, and recipes have helped me re-learn how to live and be healthy. I'll have to post before & after pictures sometime. I went through quite a transformation, although it was gradual and stretched out over the course of 3 or 4 years.
    Her muscles are a bit more defined than I'd want, but from what you say she seems like a good role model / ideal, particularly in terms of habits.

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    EDIT: @Minde - hope you start coming around the forum more often!
    Thanks! I've been put off by some harassment before, but who knows maybe I'll increase my time here again?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  23. #23
    Humanist Maritsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,618
    Mentioned
    515 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a good enough body. I'm like Gisele Bundchen, size 0, flat stomach, very skinny legs and arms. I just do yoga every once in a while for flexibility and posture. Oh, and I dance a lot, have since I was a child so I've always been on the move.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  24. #24
    A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    TIM
    ill
    Posts
    3,071
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Amusingly my boyfriend and I were looking at some fashion site the other nigh and it had all the girl's measurements listed and I said I thought they seemed "gross" or something to that effect. Anyway, my boyfriend demanded that I do my measurements because he insisted that I have a similar body type. Evidently in model speak I'm 32-22-33 and 5"8, which is apparently pretty "desirable" to some, but far too thin for others.

    I don't really have an "ideal" body in mind for myself. I'm fine with the way it is. I guess I wish I were a *little* less scrawny. I have stick arms.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

    Brought to you by socionix.com

  25. #25
    Resident WOP FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Basel
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,236
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm somewhat fine with the way I am now. I could always lose 2-3 kgs and be ripped, but that would require a strict diet that I'm not really willing to pull off at the moment.

    I've always been exercising a lot since I was 12-13. I think now I am slowing down a bit because it was starting to bore me and that's usually a bad sign.
    fatti non foste a viver come bruti ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza

  26. #26
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,282
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I have a good enough body. I'm like Gisele Bundchen, size 0, flat stomach, very skinny legs and arms. I just do yoga every once in a while for flexibility and posture. Oh, and I dance a lot, have since I was a child so I've always been on the move.
    except Gisele is like 5'11.

  27. #27
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,264
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't particularly have a desire to build/model/remodel my body to be like someone else's.
    i would, however, like to remodel my spine, and probably some hormonal/chemical changes so I could be as active as I used to be.

    I used to love backpacking in the wilds, running along large rock structures, jumping rope, hula hooping, and walking/bicycling to places (instead of using a car). Now, I know I will never be able to match that level of activity again, but I do try to be as active as I reasonably can, and I am constantly trying to support and push my spine to accept a little more activity each day. I went from walking about 10 miles a day (for fun) to not even being able to roll over, and having to crawl to the bathroom. After a lot of work and concentration on spinal alignment, I can walk a mile ok, sometimes up to 3 miles in a day. I can sit/stand for a large part of the day now, but still have to regularly rest my back in such a way as to help it realign (since it goes out of alignment so freakin easy). It's frustrating feeling tethered to my home, but I am increasing my range, heh.

    The sudden stoppage in activity, plus relying on others to provide food, led to a sudden and large increase in fat/weight, which hasn't helped. This part I am not happy with, as I am sure that even when I finally burn the fat off, my body composition will be forever changed. But as long as I can move more easily, and feel stronger and healthier, then I will be more satisfied.

    I suppose it helps that I am over 40, am finishing off raising my kid, and am no longer held sway by my hormones to have sex and reproduce, lol. This means that I don't feel that how my body compares with others is important. What's important now is helping my body do its best to get me through the rest of my ... intendedly... long life.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  28. #28
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,074
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  29. #29
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I don't particularly have a desire to build/model/remodel my body to be like someone else's.
    i would, however, like to remodel my spine, and probably some hormonal/chemical changes so I could be as active as I used to be.

    I used to love backpacking in the wilds, running along large rock structures, jumping rope, hula hooping, and walking/bicycling to places (instead of using a car). Now, I know I will never be able to match that level of activity again, but I do try to be as active as I reasonably can, and I am constantly trying to support and push my spine to accept a little more activity each day. I went from walking about 10 miles a day (for fun) to not even being able to roll over, and having to crawl to the bathroom. After a lot of work and concentration on spinal alignment, I can walk a mile ok, sometimes up to 3 miles in a day. I can sit/stand for a large part of the day now, but still have to regularly rest my back in such a way as to help it realign (since it goes out of alignment so freakin easy). It's frustrating feeling tethered to my home, but I am increasing my range, heh.

    The sudden stoppage in activity, plus relying on others to provide food, led to a sudden and large increase in fat/weight, which hasn't helped. This part I am not happy with, as I am sure that even when I finally burn the fat off, my body composition will be forever changed. But as long as I can move more easily, and feel stronger and healthier, then I will be more satisfied.

    I suppose it helps that I am over 40, am finishing off raising my kid, and am no longer held sway by my hormones to have sex and reproduce, lol. This means that I don't feel that how my body compares with others is important. What's important now is helping my body do its best to get me through the rest of my ... intendedly... long life.
    Oh my, how awful! I'd be so frustrated! I'd also hate that feeling of dependency on others for basic things. I'm so sorry to hear this.

    Can I ask how all of this happened? I assume it relates to a back / spine injury? (I think you alluded to this before, but remind me)
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  30. #30
    applejacks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Posts
    795
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Thanks! I've been put off by some harassment before, but who knows maybe I'll increase my time here again?
    YES. Come back!

    Also, I'm incorporating a new rule: No Harassing within a 5 post radius.

    Everyone that knows me knows that this is a No Judging Zone
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

  31. #31
    escaping anndelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WA
    TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Posts
    6,264
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Oh my, how awful! I'd be so frustrated! I'd also hate that feeling of dependency on others for basic things. I'm so sorry to hear this.

    Can I ask how all of this happened? I assume it relates to a back / spine injury? (I think you alluded to this before, but remind me)
    Honestly, we haven't a clue. Everything was going like normal, a little hip discomfort towards the end of a busy day, but that's about it. Then one night it was like my spine caught on fire. I couldn't even think because the pain blonked even that ability out. It was a year or so before I could even sit up long enough to ride into town to have it looked at. My primary care physician, who I can't stand, wouldn't even talk about it, he just focused on my sudden weight increase.

    After more time had passed, I insisted on seeing a chiropractor, even if I had to pay for it out of my own pocket, but he sent me to a physical therapist. Nothing improved with them. finally, after another insistance, he sent me to the chiropractor (so my insurance would cover part of it). The xray the chiropractor took showed my spine twisted in two different places, and my sacral area...it was gross, it looked like I had been in a massive car accident. I was about 35yo at the time, he said my spine looked like a 65yo's. he got my hip area so I could cook, do dishes, walk 1/4 a mile, but everytime he'd try to adjust the middle of my spine, I'd be in far more pain and unable to drive myself home.

    But, by accident, after pushing myself too hard to get shopping for my daughter done, I collapsed onto the bed. I was on my side, and the gravity was pulling on my spine. It hurt so bad I couldn't even cry. But after half an hour, I had to get up...and the pain after I was up...it was gone...for a little while.

    So after trial and error, I found the right way to lay down, we changed our bed to further aid my efforts, and I've come a long way, but still have further I'd like to go. I stopped seeing the chiropractor because I didn't want to risk messing with the improvements I had found. I cannot lay on my back, because within a minute I can feel my spine in that area slipping out of alignment. I have to be careful how I sit, walk, bend, etc. It's like a constant mental excercise, but it gets easier over time. I'm constantly having to scan my spine and hip areas to make sure that certain muscles are tight enough, and the rest relaxed enough.

    My mom (a nurse for many...many years) thinks the damage may have been caused by things that happened to me when I was younger. My primary care physician thinks it was caused by my sudden weight gain (never mind that the weight came on AFTER my spine "caught fire"). The chiropractor thinks it was cause by gradual misalignment over the years (but can't explain the "catching fire" and suddenly unable to be without pain). I think it was probably a combo of factors, including having increased my hooping and trying out a different/new exercise program that had focused extensively on their version of spinal alignment.

    All in all though, I have more respect for the power of mobility.
    And more respect for those people who have had to deal with spinal problems most their lives.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

  32. #32
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,551
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My ideal body would be something like this:
     

    Slim but not scrawny, swimmers build I guess you'd call it. Some sort of light muscle definition, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I want to be "ripped." I'm already on the slim side of things (5' 9, 140 lbs) and I could probably achieve this look with some slightly more defined nutrition and exercise regimin. The trouble is that I would really only do it to be more attractive, which seems like a very narcissistic reason to exercise and kind of misses the point. I'd have to go through with it for personal health and personal health alone; but even then I'm pretty healthy as it is, and my lifestyle doesn't require much more of me than I'm already giving myself.

    Also, my ideal body type would require about 2500% more androgenic hair than I currently possess. Hopefully someday I'll achieve true blue otter-hood, but not now I'll have to settle for being a Satyr or however the gay taxonomic nomenclature works.
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  33. #33

    Default

    I think my body right now is decent. I used to be way too skinny & scrawny, but I've managed to build up some muscle over time. I have an ectomorph body type, so I'm always going to be thin. I really hate it when people ask me why I even work out so much because I'm already skinny... most people don't understand that everyone needs to exercise regardless of weight, and thin people especially need to workout in order to not appear frail. Anyway, I wish I had taken before and after shots.

    Oh, and I would love to look like this:

     
    [URL=http://s1191.photobucket.com/user/xkayjones/media/image_zpsc6909965.jpg.html]


    But she's built differently with more of a mesomorph body type, so that would be difficult for me to obtain. (Plus, I refuse to get breast implants...)
    Last edited by Starfall; 07-25-2013 at 03:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

  34. #34
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,074
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Galen is not gay, btw.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  35. #35
    The Quiet Individualist Waster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    355
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I'm 30+.

    I'm probably closer to Hermes at the moment.


    I actually find it really hard to add on muscle or improve exercise repetitions; no matter how much sleep/nutrition/exercise I do/get. It's like my body just wants me to stay slightly skinny. Even when I ate junk.

    Although I'm a lot stronger then I was then; six push ups and I was out..
    Attached Images Attached Images

  36. #36
    when you see the booty Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    everywhere at once
    Posts
    8,551
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    I actually find it really hard to add on muscle or improve exercise repetitions; no matter how much sleep/nutrition/exercise I do/get. It's like my body just wants me to stay slightly skinny. Even when I ate junk.
    I assume you're more towards the ectomorphic side of things, which means that gaining Zeus-like muscle mass will be nigh-on impossible. What is/was your strength training routine?
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

    http://forum.socionix.com/
    It's pretty cool

  37. #37
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,874
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    When I'm 30+.

    I'm probably closer to Hermes at the moment.


    I actually find it really hard to add on muscle or improve exercise repetitions; no matter how much sleep/nutrition/exercise I do/get. It's like my body just wants me to stay slightly skinny. Even when I ate junk.

    Although I'm a lot stronger then I was then; six push ups and I was out..
    Sir, I must say, I'm always very impressed with your avatar because INCREDIBLE GODLIKE AWESOMENESS.

    No joke. You make me wish my face shape was more square rather than round.


  38. #38
    The Quiet Individualist Waster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    355
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    I assume you're more towards the ectomorphic side of things, which means that gaining Zeus-like muscle mass will be nigh-on impossible. What is/was your strength training routine?
    I am, yes. I don't think it's impossible for an ectomorph to get like that (or close) but I haven't found what works yet.

    My routine was Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, Overhead Press and Barbell Row to finish off a full body work out. This I did once a week. I don't believe in doing the same workout three time a week; nor did I care for that volume of work.

    Lately however it's just been Push Ups, Sit Ups and a 1.5m run due to the workout equipment being unavailable.

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Sir, I must say, I'm always very impressed with your avatar because INCREDIBLE GODLIKE AWESOMENESS.

    No joke. You make me wish my face shape was more square rather than round.

    LOL, thanks. I got teased at school for it.

  39. #39
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,874
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StridingStrider View Post
    LOL, thanks. I got teased at school for it.
    Ahhh, sorry to read that D:

  40. #40
    The Quiet Individualist Waster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    355
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NobleFool View Post
    Why would you eat junk when you're trying to gain muscle? Are you getting enough protein, eating lean meats, adding peanut butter to meals, etc? I'm curious about your exercise plan as Galen mentioned, but also curious about your diet.
    No, I mean I stayed skinny even when I ate junk. I wasn't trying to gain muscle back then.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •