Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 68

Thread: Member Questionnaire (Verdigris)

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Member Questionnaire (Verdigris)

    Member Questionnaire 1 (Verdigris)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is pure interpretation of something or someone's tangible presence and intangible essence. I find beauty everywhere, even in things that are traditionally considered ugly. It is highly subjective in my opinion, and also changeable. I also find it to be somewhat indefinable.

    Love is a mutual feeling of attraction, admiration, respect - but it is also so much more. Again a definition is hard for me because love is something that is felt, not defined. Even with those things I mentioned, there can be a lack of true love if that mystical "spark" is not present.
    What are your most important values?
    This would have been so much easier for me to answer a few years ago, because I have been re-evaluating some of them.

    Here is a list off the top of my head: integrity, honesty, authenticity, individuality, personal responsibility, kindness, basically anything I consider to be "good". My values are not very changeable, but I do recognize times I have been rigid about things in the past and am trying to make room for the caveats of humanity in my overall picture of personal morality.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I believe in God, and the traditional teachings of Christianity minus the dogmatism.

    I also believe in spirits, ghosts, and any number of supernatural entities. I believe the universe allows for the possibilities of things we do not understand. I also mildly believe in astrology.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    Power is evil, and the seeking of power is generally selfish and to further's one's own agenda. Power and money are both things I despise. War is sometimes necessary, but never something that is ideal. Flexing military muscle and posturing is ridiculous in my estimation. Militaries providing aid are alright; but in war time, more often then not they do more harm than good under the commands of a mere man or men. I also dislike the idea of choosing sides or being inherently loyal to any cause without critical evaluation of it first.

    To me, true power is nature - electricity, fire, wind, floods, tornados. This is powerful to me, and more awe-inspiring than political squabbles that are capitalized on and used to further an agenda.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    My favorite conversations are usually one on one with someone I trust and usually have a heavy element of fantasy or supernatural bent. I also enjoy discussing spirituality, psychology, literature and art.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not primarily a topic I am interested in, though it comes up occasionally. I am rarely focused on my body except when I have neglected it, and some sort of discomfort causes me to seek a restoration of balance so that I do not have to remain concerned with it. I am not stereotypically healthy person, my diet is horrendous, but I am very physically healthy in spite of that. I do not smoke, drink or do drugs but not based on reasons of health, more a moral objection and/or dislike of those things (I find alcohol to be very nasty tasting for instance, and I am sensitive to smoke.)

    I do struggle with my weight and try to keep it in check, again not necessarily through healthy means though.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    Dull but necessary. I hate how redundant they are, but I prefer things to be neat so that I can slack off accordingly without a nagging feeling that I should be doing something more constructive. I inherently like a semblance of order in my house, but more for aesthetic purposes than anything. My husband has had to remind me that our home is not a picture in a magazine but a place we live.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    One of my favorite books is Voices of Chernobyl, it is a collection of personal stories of survivors of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. It puts a human face on that event, and is gut wrenching and moving. After reading it, I came to the conclusion that nuclear energy is unethical in my opinion, because the potential for human tragedy is so great in the event of inevitable human error.

    Usually though I prefer fantasy and horror novels. I enjoy Dean Koontz and Stephen King. I like the Dexter books. Teen fantasy/romance stuff also appeals to me.

    As for films, I like just about anything except excessively long and boring dramas and low-brow comedies. I like dark humor, indie stuff, even blockbusters like the Marvel films. Anything fantastical or imaginative is good, though I also like documentaries as long as they are on topics that I am interested in. I like horror movies, not so much gory ones but ghost stories. One of my favorite films is Girl, Interrupted.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I can cry for absolutely no reason. I cry when I am happy, sad, even angry (which is embarrassing.) But I am pretty subdued when I shed tears and cry silently when I am moved. Very rarely do I have an all out sobfest, which I prefer to do in my own company alone. That usually happens when I have exhausted myself running through the gamut of my feelings in a situation I feel trapped in. Unrestrained crying is a last resort.

    My daughter makes me smile. She says things that just catch me off guard and touch me more deeply than most things are able to. I also smile when I am peaceful, enjoying a beautiful sunset or a violent storm. I smile when I feel most alive.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel at one with the environment on a grey and soggy day standing on a wind-whipped beach, or on a humid afternoon broken by a sudden rainstorm. I feel I most belong with my husband and daughter, no matter where that may be.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    One of my weaknesses is my tendency to excessively focus on my weaknesses. I am not great at standing up for myself (even though I rant bitterly when alone or with someone I trust.) I tend to downplay my achievements and assume I am not good at anything, even when faced with evidence to the contrary. I do not find myself worth much, nor do I consider myself attractive. And these things keep me from being more at ease in my own skin. Excessive self-doubt.

    I dislike that I cannot break out of my self-imposed prison of "me." I would give anything to be unabashed about my passions and rich inner life, but I keep myself locked up and therefore seem boring and trite I think.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People have told me I am hard working and conscientious, I always do my best unless I am emotionally incapable of doing so at the time (I do not do well under stress.) I have a strong desire to do what is right. I also have a very "good eye" when it comes to aesthetics.

    I like my ability to be resilient even after I fall down a thousand times. I am not often prone to pity parties (though when I do get caught up in one, it is usually a doozy.) I am loyal and loving and would give my all for the people I care most about in my life.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    My depression and self-doubt, I would like to get rid of that (not chemically, perhaps therapy.) I would also like to become more confident and authoritative when necessary so that I do not have my boundaries violated so often.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes. Life feels like a rut. There are details of my life I am more than happy about. But there is enough I wish I could change but can't that has me feeling trapped at times. One of these things is where we live, I hate it here and wish we could leave. My reaction to the realization I am feeling this way is occasional bouts of hopelessness, but they serve as inspiration to drive me to seek a change and actually give me the momentum I wouldn't otherwise have to do things that I want done.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are friendly and outgoing. I love people who are confident in themselves, creatively diverse, I always seem to attract those people who stand out (or do in my mind anyways). Basically I am attracted to people who are what I want to be.

    I can get along with most anyone as long as they do not try to force their opinions on me, or make me do things that go against what I wish to do or what I disagree with.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    My husband is amazing. I will not tell our entire story, but we had a very unlikely meeting that led to a whirlwind romance and the details still blow me away. I had very few relationships before I met my husband (we have been married nearly 10 years), and I am convinced there is no one else better suited for me. Romance should never be cliche, it should be sincere and honest and spontaneous. Sex goes hand in hand with that, and should be reserved for someone that connection is shared with.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I have a daughter and I am raising her to be independently minded but respectful and kind. I encourage her individuality and passions, and I am sure I always let her know how loved and important she is to me. I balance that with teaching her it is necessary to be selfless at times, that it makes her better to be her best self. I encourage her wonderful hunger for learning, and try to make sure she has many experiences and opportunities to absorb all she can from the world around us.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inwardly, I may become very defiant - picture a little me inside, vigorously shaking her head. Outwardly I may diplomatically disagree unless the other person is being forceful or rude in their opinions, in which case I will either defend my belief more strongly or let it go if it is not worth a conflict (this is most often what happens.)
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I resent that I am by default considered part of society. I do not and have never really fit in with society. I see myself as separate from it, not necessarily better or worse, but "other." Most commonly held beliefs, trends and fads are not things I agree with. The biggest social problem I currently have an issue with is excessive greed and hedonism. It feels so empty.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I do not choose friends, if a friendship happens, then I roll with it. I never force a relationship as I am content without many friends. I am usually reserved around them until I relax and then can become pretty chatty and animated.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    I am polite but straightforward, friendly and do not waste time on small talk.

  2. #2
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your answers and writing style remind me of two forum members, one IEI, the other IEE. But since this questionnaire is horrendous and contains mostly socionics-irrelevant questions, it would be of much more help if you took some tests, instead. Report your results afterwards, if you will.

    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-...Socionics-Test
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx
    http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  3. #3
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Eww..

    Well, at least I have a lot of influence in choosing my company.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Same here, Aqua, although "I have a lot of influence in" not choosing them.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Your answers and writing style remind me of two forum members, one IEI, the other IEE. But since this questionnaire is horrendous and contains mostly socionics-irrelevant questions, it would be of much more help if you took some tests, instead. Report your results afterwards, if you will.

    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#The-...Socionics-Test
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx
    http://www.zhilkin.com/socio/en/

    Thank you, I consistently test EII and have once tested IEE.

    I've had the opposite result with tests (when it comes to MBTI at least,though I know the two are different.)

    I wouldn't have wasted my time had I known how ineffective the questionnaire may be as well.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Eww..

    Well, at least I have a lot of influence in choosing my company.
    As do I.

  7. #7
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    First, you have the kind of patience and discipline in a task that you're not asked to do as a duty than I do. I would have just tried to get through these million questions as fast as I could, paying as little attention to accuracy of spelling or aesthetics, saving my TRUE energy for tasks that are rewarded to me somehow or I'm being paid for. Ok, well, maybe because I'm an introvert and I don't have expansive energy.

    I'm going to go with LSI.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-21-2013 at 09:13 PM.

  8. #8
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reading your answers, I concur with delta NF.

    I would actually say EII > IEE, but either one is possible.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  9. #9
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Reading your answers, I concur with delta NF.

    I would actually say EII > IEE, but either one is possible.
    did you miss the words "force" and "power" and the recognition of these qualities (static objects)?

  10. #10
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh, must be LSE then.

  11. #11
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    did you miss the words "force" and "power" and the recognition of these qualities (static objects)?
    dont start.

    I went with my general gestalt from her answers. There is nothing formulaic to this questionairre, nor the semantics of it.

    btw, "what do you see as power" is one of the questions in the questionnaire... thus, it's inevitable that that word will be used in someone's answer. I actually thought her answers reflected a bit of Se-POLR.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    mine


    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nair-(Maritsa)

    [/INDENT]How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose friends very carefully; at first I'll be in the same company as with anyone; I'll mingle and watch and listen; I usually gravetate towards people who are sad, mad, unhappy to cheer them up to give them hope; from these friends I find the ones who I saw potential from the beginning; take my ex bf Matt; Matthew, the first day I saw him, he was broke and I saw a man who was brilliant and sad or upset all the time; that didn't stop me from going for him. I just helped him with finances and his health and soon enough he's become a major success. He's still the same person as when he was sad, mad, and down; he's still extremely caring, emotionally mature. Matt is extremely emotionally kind, sensitive and mature; he may have screamed at me because he didn't like my choices for him, rebelled until the cows came home, but soon enough, he got past that material stuff and saw that I was there for him as a friend; I asked him to take the tough choices not because I wanted to hurt him or that I wanted that to hurt him, but because I love him and I knew that the latant self past that material stuff is a confident and successful human being; his carreer and soon to be a millionair proves that.

    I choose people who are emotionally mature, no matter their circumstance in life, poor, broke, unhappy, in a bad relationship, I choose people who have the potential, besides for material things to be amazing and extremely interesting people who provide a variety of knowledge and outlook, a window into the world in ways that I can't see. The potential of an individual is very important to me because I can see how they can develop into the future, over time.

    -
    How do you behave around strangers?
    -

    I hold back a lot, stand in the side lines, watch others.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 07-21-2013 at 08:59 PM.

  13. #13
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    Thank you, I consistently test EII and have once tested IEE.

    I've had the opposite result with tests (when it comes to MBTI at least,though I know the two are different.)

    I wouldn't have wasted my time had I known how ineffective the questionnaire may be as well.
    Tests might not be comprehensively informative, but the better ones tend to produce pretty accurate results, which, at the very least, are always a solid starting point.

    I have no idea where this idiotic questionnaire came from, but a lot of new members seem to needlessly waste their time with it.

    To the same effect, I'd suggest that you ignore Maritsa's comments.

    Hear me now, thank me later.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Tests might not be comprehensively informative, but the better ones tend to produce pretty accurate results, which, at the very least, are always a solid starting point.

    I have no idea where this idiotic questionnaire came from, but a lot of new members seem to needlessly waste their time with it.

    To the same effect, I'd suggest that you ignore Maritsa's comments.

    What are your thoughts on VI?

    i will read and reply more later. Though I do want to say I do get a reward from this, which is potentially more self awareness which is something I value.

  15. #15
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    What are your thoughts on VI?
    Don't VI.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    To the same effect, I'd suggest that you ignore Maritsa's comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Matt is extremely emotionally kind, sensitive and mature; he may have screamed at me because he didn't like my choices for him, rebelled until the cows came home[...]
    I don't know what's there to ignore, Park. Matt is cold and heartless creature who is extremely emotionally kind, sensitive and mature. Comment like any other. Get along little doggies, get along.

  17. #17
    Park's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beyond the blue horizon
    TIM
    SLI
    Posts
    13,088
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    What are your thoughts on VI?
    Expressions, trends, patterns, similarities. Helpful, but inconclusive
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    First, you have the kind of patience and discipline in a task that you're not asked to do as a duty than I do. I would have just tried to get through these million questions as fast as I could, paying as little attention to accuracy of spelling or aesthetics, saving my TRUE energy for tasks that are rewarded to me somehow or I'm being paid for. Ok, well, maybe because I'm an introvert and I don't have expansive energy.

    I'm going to go with LSI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    did you miss the words "force" and "power" and the recognition of these qualities (static objects)?
    I have very little energy, but answering questions about myself (a subject that happens to be a favorite of mine) while sitting at a computer takes little energy, and I did it in sections when I had the time. I wanted my answers to be thorough only so I could get the best answer possible.

    I answered the question about power using the implied definition by the followup question regarding military. Power is of course static, there are many possible ways to define the concept.

    I just wanted to clarify a bit, though you may be right about my type, I cannot say. That is why I am asking, I am pretty unfamiliar with the descriptions of the functions by Socionics standards as I was first introduced to Jungian functions via MBTI, and as I understand, they are different.

    Analyze away, I will read everyone's answers and take them into consideration as I learn.

    But as I said in an above comment, I do next to nothing meticulously unless there is something in it for me, and as this is an interest of mine, there is a reward to be had if I learn more about myself

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Don't VI.
    It merely had me curious

  20. #20
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    As do I.
    Apparently influence isn't evil then. What's the difference between influence and power?
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Reading your answers, I concur with delta NF.

    I would actually say EII > IEE, but either one is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    dont start.

    I went with my general gestalt from her answers. There is nothing formulaic to this questionairre, nor the semantics of it.

    btw, "what do you see as power" is one of the questions in the questionnaire... thus, it's inevitable that that word will be used in someone's answer. I actually thought her answers reflected a bit of Se-POLR.
    I will re-read the two descriptions, I recall there being a few things about EII that didn't quite fit (sounded more saintly than I am if I recall). LSI descriptions do not seem right at all, much more stodgy and by the book than I am. Though I know descriptions alone are not a reason to disregard a certain type.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Apparently influence isn't evil then. What's the difference between influence and power?
    Influence suggests more of a choice than power does. Power seems more like coercion or control.

    I am more of the opinion that I can choose to not be around someone if at all possible. Yes it is within my "power" to be around whomever I like or dislike up unto a point.

    I said above that power is subjective and it depends in which context it is used. In the context of political/military power as implied by the question, I find it to be bad.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    mine


    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nair-(Maritsa)

    [/INDENT]How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I choose friends very carefully; at first I'll be in the same company as with anyone; I'll mingle and watch and listen; I usually gravetate towards people who are sad, mad, unhappy to cheer them up to give them hope; from these friends I find the ones who I saw potential from the beginning; take my ex bf Matt; Matthew, the first day I saw him, he was broke and I saw a man who was brilliant and sad or upset all the time; that didn't stop me from going for him. I just helped him with finances and his health and soon enough he's become a major success. He's still the same person as when he was sad, mad, and down; he's still extremely caring, emotionally mature. Matt is extremely emotionally kind, sensitive and mature; he may have screamed at me because he didn't like my choices for him, rebelled until the cows came home, but soon enough, he got past that material stuff and saw that I was there for him as a friend; I asked him to take the tough choices not because I wanted to hurt him or that I wanted that to hurt him, but because I love him and I knew that the latant self past that material stuff is a confident and successful human being; his carreer and soon to be a millionair proves that.

    I choose people who are emotionally mature, no matter their circumstance in life, poor, broke, unhappy, in a bad relationship, I choose people who have the potential, besides for material things to be amazing and extremely interesting people who provide a variety of knowledge and outlook, a window into the world in ways that I can't see. The potential of an individual is very important to me because I can see how they can develop into the future, over time.
    -
    How do you behave around strangers?
    -

    I hold back a lot, stand in the side lines, watch others.

    Should there be a correlation in answers between people of the same type? Wouldn't life experiences be unique to the individual? I do not value friendships so I do not actively pursue them, making it a bit difficult for me to answer the question. I am practically a recluse and that is fine with me. People are very draining in many, many ways. If I happen to have a connection with someone, I will explore it.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Expressions, trends, patterns, similarities. Helpful, but inconclusive
    Seems right. Someone had suggested I am Delta quadra based on photos, and I wanted to know how much weight to give that suggestion.

  25. #25
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    Influence suggests more of a choice than power does. Power seems more like coercion or control.
    However, power does not necessarily involve coercion. Is there something wrong with that kind of power?

    I got curious about the differences between power and influence and found this:
     
    Power:

    Is the potential or ability to influence decisions and control resources.

    Change the behavior of others to perform actions that they might not otherwise perform.

    Influence:

    The ability to alter another persons perception of the situation.

    It is a process through which person attempts to extract compliance from others.

    It resembles power but tends to be more subtle and indirect.

    Power tends from specific sources or foundations whereas influence relies on tactics.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    However, power does not necessarily involve coercion. Is there something wrong with that kind of power?


    I got curious about the differences between power and influence and found this:
     
    Power:


    Is the potential or ability to influence decisions and control resources.


    Change the behavior of others to perform actions that they might not otherwise perform.


    Influence:


    The ability to alter another persons perception of the situation.


    It is a process through which person attempts to extract compliance from others.


    It resembles power but tends to be more subtle and indirect.


    Power tends from specific sources or foundations whereas influence relies on tactics.

    Just curious, is my understanding of the subtle differences between the two crucial to typing me? I mean that sincerely, not being snarky. I don't really concern myself with either as far as aspirations of those things. I am more interested in not being imposed upon, or weaker people being it mentally, emotionally or physically not being exploited by those who do have aspirations of influence or power.

  27. #27
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I personally consider influence to be a form of power. Whether you're out in front/on top or have the other person's ear, you're still steering them.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  28. #28
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    I will re-read the two descriptions, I recall there being a few things about EII that didn't quite fit (sounded more saintly than I am if I recall). LSI descriptions do not seem right at all, much more stodgy and by the book than I am. Though I know descriptions alone are not a reason to disregard a certain type.
    Keep in mind that type descriptions really depend on who wrote them. The description of a type will reflect the way the author perceives people of that type, and thus differ based on the author's own type. For example, I didn't totally recognize myself in the IEE descriptions until I read Rick's (Rick is IEE). So, in considering various types, try to find type descriptions written by a person of that same type, because that's the way you would be perceiving yourself (if you're that same type). a few authors that come to mind:

    Aushra Augustinavichiute - ILE
    Stratievskaya - ILI?
    Filatova - EII
    Rick DeLong - IEE
    Topaz - IEE
    Jacob Zemon - SLI

    Also, re: VI, I personally find VI to be useful, but as Park alluded to, it's just one of the several pieces of information can help in arriving at someone's type. I find that VI offers a lot of information about a person, but VI is more than just looking at a photo. VI also includes the person's general demeanor, mannerisms, gait, reactions, etc. You have to know what to pay attention to and what isn't necessarily type related and that can be hard to do. I'm still honing that skill myself and dont feel confident about my ability to do so at all.

    p.s. I agree though that you really dont sound LSI-ish in your responses. Dont be fooled, Maritsa isn't exactly the socionics expert she professes to be.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  29. #29
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    Just curious, is my understanding of the subtle differences between the two crucial to typing me? I mean that sincerely, not being snarky. I don't really concern myself with either as far as aspirations of those things. I am more interested in not being imposed upon, or weaker people being it mentally, emotionally or physically not being exploited by those who do have aspirations of influence or power.
    I rest my case.

    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  30. #30
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    p.s. here is the IEE description by Topaz. It's socionics gold imo. Just so spot on.
    http://personalitycafe.com/socionics...r-written.html
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  31. #31
    Decadent Charlatan Aquagraph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Continental Vinnland
    TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Posts
    3,967
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    Just curious, is my understanding of the subtle differences between the two crucial to typing me? I mean that sincerely, not being snarky.
    Not really. The way you answer it however may reveal something about you. It's more often about hows that the whats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    I don't really concern myself with either as far as aspirations of those things. I am more interested in not being imposed upon, or weaker people being it mentally, emotionally or physically not being exploited by those who do have aspirations of influence or power.
    Well, it does sound you'd seek power to protect yourself from the intrusive powers of others. Which is good, naturally.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Keep in mind that type descriptions really depend on who wrote them. The description of a type will reflect the way the author perceives people of that type, and thus differ based on the author's own type. For example, I didn't totally recognize myself in the IEE descriptions until I read Rick's (Rick is IEE). So, in considering various types, try to find type descriptions written by a person of that same type, because that's the way you would be perceiving yourself (if you're that same type). a few authors that come to mind:

    Aushra Augustinavichiute - ILE
    Stratievskaya - ILI?
    Filatova - EII
    Rick DeLong - IEE
    Topaz - IEE
    Jacob Zemon - SLI

    Also, re: VI, I personally find VI to be useful, but as Park alluded to, it's just one of the several pieces of information can help in arriving at someone's type. I find that VI offers a lot of information about a person, but VI is more than just looking at a photo. VI also includes the person's general demeanor, mannerisms, gait, reactions, etc. You have to know what to pay attention to and what isn't necessarily type related and that can be hard to do. I'm still honing that skill myself and dont feel confident about my ability to do so at all.

    p.s. I agree though that you really dont sound LSI-ish in your responses. Dont be fooled, Maritsa isn't exactly the socionics expert she professes to be.
    I will look up some of those descriptions (I did read the one you posted by Topaz). I recognize a lot of myself in descriptions of Ne, but again, it was said I am not Ne-base going by photos only. However, the IEE description by Topaz seems like that type is much more people-centric than I am. I am very cynical when it comes to people/friendships, because I have been hurt so deeply so many times.

    If the information is relevant - I was the type of kid who when we moved to a new town when I was 7, walked around the neighborhood knocking on doors and asking if the children residing there wanted to be my friend. I was very outgoing, naive and friendly when I was younger. Consequently I was also treated badly. I withdrew as I became a teenager, and was very, very introverted in high school. I am torn on how to honestly appraise my feelings towards people and friendships, because while there is a part of me that longs for that, I am more comfortable remaining bitter and guarded.

    But as far as endless possibilities and potential being seen in others & myself, that does sound like me. I guess I see a lot of potential in myself to be much more than I am. I just do not know how to get past my hurt and depression and be a more whole individual.

    I also seem bipolar (not in the clinical sense) when it comes to my energy. Usually I am low energy and measured, but I have spurts where I just have endless crazy ideas and the motivation to carry them out, and I love that - I wish I could sustain those times.

    I am a creative soul, and I have the capability of giving and producing and sharing abundantly with the people I care about. But again, that has lead to me beign taken advantage of, and then I feel hurt and used.

    Basically I am my own worst enemy, my feelings are anyway.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Well, it does sound you'd seek power to protect yourself from the intrusive powers of others. Which is good, naturally.
    I withdraw to protect myself. The quintessential loner.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    p.s. here is the IEE description by Topaz. It's socionics gold imo. Just so spot on.
    http://personalitycafe.com/socionics...r-written.html

    The EII description by Filatova is very accurate for me.

  35. #35
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    The EII description by Filatova is very accurate for me.
    Sweet! I knew it!
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  36. #36
    Breaking stereotypes Suz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    On a chatbox diet
    TIM
    IDK
    Posts
    6,470
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    I will look up some of those descriptions (I did read the one you posted by Topaz). I recognize a lot of myself in descriptions of Ne, but again, it was said I am not Ne-base going by photos only. However, the IEE description by Topaz seems like that type is much more people-centric than I am. I am very cynical when it comes to people/friendships, because I have been hurt so deeply so many times.

    If the information is relevant - I was the type of kid who when we moved to a new town when I was 7, walked around the neighborhood knocking on doors and asking if the children residing there wanted to be my friend. I was very outgoing, naive and friendly when I was younger. Consequently I was also treated badly. I withdrew as I became a teenager, and was very, very introverted in high school. I am torn on how to honestly appraise my feelings towards people and friendships, because while there is a part of me that longs for that, I am more comfortable remaining bitter and guarded.
    But as far as endless possibilities and potential being seen in others & myself, that does sound like me. I guess I see a lot of potential in myself to be much more than I am. I just do not know how to get past my hurt and depression and be a more whole individual.

    I also seem bipolar (not in the clinical sense) when it comes to my energy. Usually I am low energy and measured, but I have spurts where I just have endless crazy ideas and the motivation to carry them out, and I love that - I wish I could sustain those times.

    I am a creative soul, and I have the capability of giving and producing and sharing abundantly with the people I care about. But again, that has lead to me beign taken advantage of, and then I feel hurt and used.

    Basically I am my own worst enemy, my feelings are anyway.
    I relate a lot to the cynicism of friendships you mentioned due to being hurt in the past. I'd rather be happy doing my own thing in solitude, than pushing to hang out with people just because. Part of it is that i am very selective about my friends (for the abovementioned reason), but part of it also is that just hanging out with less than interesting people (or worse, people I think are unethical) just feels like a colossal waste of time, and i'd rather be doing something productive or bonding with someone i love to talk with. One of my coworkers in particular is someone who did something very unethical to another coworker of mine, and he's a "merry" type (SLE i think) who either initiates group get togethers or doesn't fail to show up to them and tries really hard to be the center of attention. And spending a happy hour with him is like getting my teeth pulled because I just cant stand what he did to my other coworker. Even just looking at him makes my blood boil. Anyway, i went off on a tangent...

    Interestingly, my twin sister (who self-types EII) was also the "outgoing" one when we were very young (I was the "shy" one), but that has flipped quite dramatically -- I forget exactly when that happened -- maybe around 4th or 5th grade. Even in middle school I would end up befriending the people she became friends with, but since our 20s it's the opposite somewhat, at least she mentioned this to me recently - that I am the one making friends and she befriends my friends. IDK though, i think she does make her own friends, since we live in different cities... she doesn't give herself enough credit, or doesn't realize it...

    In any case, her fb friends list is a lot longer than mine these days . She's such a benevolent soul, and often misunderstood.

    p.s. that part in bold is what my sister shared with me as her concerns as well...pretty much verbatim.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

  37. #37
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    Should there be a correlation in answers between people of the same type? Wouldn't life experiences be unique to the individual? I do not value friendships so I do not actively pursue them, making it a bit difficult for me to answer the question. I am practically a recluse and that is fine with me. People are very draining in many, many ways. If I happen to have a connection with someone, I will explore it.
    I find it kind of hard to not value friendship and companionship. Isn't that how people are social?

    Ok, as for duality, LSE value friendship very highly, how can you compliment that?

  38. #38

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I find it kind of hard to not value friendship and companionship. Isn't that how people are social?

    Ok, as for duality, LSE value friendship very highly, how can you compliment that?
    I do not know much about duality. I would not say that I do not value the concept of friendship, and the few friends I do have I value immensely, but I do not place a high importance on seeking out friends or being social. And primarily my cynicism regarding friends is a defense mechanism.

  39. #39

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    Sweet! I knew it!
    The Fi description especially. In fact a major part of that description is something that I just experienced last week (or rather an experience I had last week resulted in me behaving in this way, as I often do.)

    EII is often wounded and always emotional, however, she turns all her experiences inward; thus these qualities are not always observable from a distance. She sometimes appears as a steady, even cold person, but this impression is illusory. Every event, even those popularly deemed insignificant, leaves in her soul a deep track that survives for a long time. As a rule she represses in herself anger, irritation, and the desire to reproach. One of the EII’s characteristic manifestations of offense is the creation of a psychological barrier between themselves and the offender. In such cases she’ll assume a position emanating stressed, cold, politeness. She’ll answer all questions monosyllabically.
    I had the unfortunate experience of running into my ex-employer who has a horrible time with boundaries and is very intimidating. Short story goes, I quit to be a stay at home mother, and I gave him 3 months notice to replace me. Instead of doing so, he spent every day of that 3 months asking me to reconsider. Six weeks after my last day, he called me and invited me to lunch (and I am horrible about saying no), and while at lunch he again asked me to come back to work. I changed my phone number. He then emailed me a few months later asking me AGAIN. I blocked his emails, his Facebook, etc.

    I was blindsided by this guy in a small store that I could not escape. I pretended to shop much longer than the one or two items I needed called for, and this guy waited for me at the front of the store and started talking to me as I checked out, then followed me outside, telling me how he had been trying to get ahold of me and that he should have just driven to my house (um, no!) I never made eye contact, curtly responded to his questions, and was very cold because otherwise I would have gone to pieces. I really cannot stand this person, the list of reasons why is way too long to go into. Finally my daughter complained of being hot and bored, so I quickly made my escape.

    The rest of that paragraph is spot on as well. I turn everything inward. Self-blame, and guilt, and self-reproach are very characteristic of me. I repress a lot.

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    289
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdigris View Post
    As do I.
    And I!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •