Thread: Enneagram type?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Enneagram type?

From what I've been able to gather, the Enneagram is about gathering your actions into a narrative centered on a "basic fear" and "basic desire". I'm assuming these are jargon terms. What do "basic fear" and "basic desire" mean to a layperson such as myself? How do I apply these concepts? Anything else I need to know, or miscellanious pieces of information? Advice from the gurus on arriving at a type?

For example, as a thought experiment, let's say I'm a One (I don't think I am). On examining the pattern of my life, I see a pattern forming of a fear of being defective and a desire to have integrity. Where does the narrative go from there? Should I free myself of my desire and mediate my fear? Where does the Enneagram say that will take me?

Thanks.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you go:

https://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeOne.asp

Once your fears are placated the on will take on all of the best attributes of it's integration type - 7. Moving away from the focus on ideal conditions to welcoming reality whilst retaining 1's capability to tend the situation towards 'better' or 'best'.