TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default questionnaire, why not

What is beauty? What is love?
    I think beauty is subjective. I am an innately artistic person, so beauty to me can be very subjective in this way. In my opinion one of the most physically beautiful women in the world is Laetitia Casta. I had a poster of her on my wall when I was a teenager and the reason is because she reminds me of a Michelangelo masterpiece, but in the flesh. I find different people beautiful for different reasons. I also frequently find beauty in places others might not see it. An IEE girlfriend of mine loved this about me when we were kids and I used to quip limericks about our friends for her.

Love? I am just as confused as most, if not more…. Probably more.

What are your most important values?
    I place a lot of importance on fairness. I detest being lied to and behavior I view as spineless makes me sneer.
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I was basically raised Taoist for the most part by my father. I sometimes went to church with childhood friends because I was curious and wanted the experience. As I grew up, more and more I had this profound interest in both science and theism. I was actually baptized Catholic a few years ago to my father’s dismay, at the time. My father was excommunicated from the Catholic Church in Rome, by the pope when he was a teenager. I like to learn about life on my own terms though.

I am grateful for what I learned from Catholicism and in a sense I’m still Catholic. My indecision about Catholicism primarily arose from the indifference of same sex couples, I think mostly because I grew up in a predominately gay community, so it was somewhat confusing to me. I came to understand I had veered too far from the point though. While at church I met two elderly gay men during my first communion and one of them put his hand on my shoulder and proceeded to explain to me it was all really about love. I think he also said “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” I guess this perspective stuck with me. I was very taken with this couple and it’s one of those experiences I won’t forget.

It seems there is something very pungent on both sides of the spectrum here and I attempt showing people this but I’m usually met with hostility on both sides… Food for thought.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I don’t really think about power. Military is necessary, unfortunately.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    See the above.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I find health and medicine very interesting. I try to focus on my body in a sense? I want to stay in shape and improve my health.

What do you think of daily chores?
    Blurrrrg

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Eh, I think I’ve already mentioned enough of this on the forum.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I very very rarely cry and if I do it’s usually because someone I care deeply about has judged me unfairly.
    Anything I find amusing makes me smile.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    On my roof reading a book or contemplating the universe/life
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    I’d imagine people see my lack of social skills as weakness…. I dislike how I inadvertently alienate myself.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People who know me think I’m stoic and deep/smart. I appreciate my stoicism.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    Willingness to admit I need it.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yes, but I know I’m stuck and just slow to get moving. I just get really jaded and spend too much time searching for meaning.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I get along with anyone who is nice to me. I don’t get along with spineless people or individuals who are too judgmental.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    A person who understands me and doesn’t think I’m weird or at least appreciates my weirdness.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would want to be there to guide them, love them, and help them to my best ability.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    I usually question them etc…
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I think most people are inherently good. I haven’t thought much about my relationship to society?

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don’t know that I choose people. I’m not sure? As myself?
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Reserved and quiet.

Yaaay, type me.
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILI 1w2

Am I close?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    ILI 1w2

Am I close?
    Doesn't it say that next to my avatar? I was looking for some more perspectives...

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    Doesn't it say that next to my avatar? I was looking for some more perspectives...
    Not really, I can't see it.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Not really, I can't see it.
    Ah, well, regardless I'm just looking for some outside opinion and not what I type myself... any ideas? And omg you're an LSE? Interesting...I don't have too much experience with 'em. How do you do?

My brothers:
    ILE
    SLE
    sister:SEE

-Krishna

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OMG, OMG. Yes. EII and IEE bound. OMG. OMG.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ah, well, regardless I'm just looking for some outside opinion and not what I type myself... any ideas? And omg you're an LSE? Interesting...I don't have too much experience with 'em. How do you do?
    I've been told we're the only LSEs here. Absurd represents the Si subtype , the male dichotomy, and the enneagram 8. I represent the Te subtype, the female dichotomy, and the enneagram 1. And I've only really had experience with one ILI.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    I've been told we're the only LSEs here. Absurd represents the Si subtype , the male dichotomy, and the enneagram 8. I represent the Te subtype, the female dichotomy, and the enneagram 1. And I've only really had experience with one ILI.
    Well hello. I'm dying to meet more ILIs, is this person on the forum?

-Krishna

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well hello. I'm dying to meet more ILIs, is this person on the forum?
    He was briefly years ago. K0rpsey is probably still around, though he isn't a very pleasant ILI. Oh, and nanashi is ILI. Is she still active?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    IEI
    Negative. I am a meat popsicle.

These things from ancient times arise from one:
    The sky is whole and clear.
    The earth is whole and firm.
    The spirit is whole and strong.
    The valley is whole and full.

The ten thousand things are whole and alive.
    Kings and lords are whole, and the country is upright.
    All these are in the virtue of wholeness.
    The clarity of the sky prevents its falling.
    The firmness of the earth prevents its splitting.
    The strength of the spirit prevents its being used up.
    The fullness of the valley prevents its running dry.
    The growth of the ten thousand things prevents their dying out.
    The leadership of kings and lords prevents the downfall of the country.

Therefore the humble is the root of the noble.
    The low is the foundation of the high.
    Princes and lords considered themselves
    Orphaned” “widowed” and “worthless
    Do they not depend on being humble?
    Too much success is not an advantage.
    Do not tinkle like jade
    Or clatter like stone chimes.

kidding... /end rant

Sooo why am I IEI?

-Krishna

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

IEI

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    IEI
    Why? Because I like peanut butter?

Because I was raised Taoist? Because I like art and beautiful women? what is it?

-Krishna

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why? Because I like peanut butter?

Because I was raised Taoist? Because I like art and beautiful women? what is it?
    Nah. It's just the vibe I get. You also seem convinced that you're not IEI, which would make it harder for you to attain an accurate typing, because you would be drawing from a maximum pool of 15 types, possibly less, I'm guessing.

Why do you think you're Te/Fi instead of Fe/Ti?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    Nah. It's just the vibe I get. You also seem convinced that you're not IEI, which would make it harder for you to attain an accurate typing, because you would be drawing from a maximum pool of 15 types, possibly less, I'm guessing.

Why do you think you're Te/Fi instead of Fe/Ti?
    Well, as I’ve stated to InvisibleJim, I’m a Ni dominant and so this leaves IEI or ILI. I’m not convinced I’m not an IEI, I just don’t understand Fe enough to decide, which is why I posted this thread.

The reason I doubt IEI is because my best friend is EIE and he constantly reprimanded me while growing up for my indifference to society and other peoples’ feelings. I don’t hold it against him because he taught me how to be more “people friendly” and how to manipulate certain situations. I guess now I’m sort of confused and looking for some more opinions about my type.

-Krishna