View Poll Results: Which vid/s tickle your fancy?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vid 1

0 0%
  • Vid 2

1 20.00%
  • Vid 3

0 0%
  • Vid 4

2 40.00%
  • Vid 5

2 40.00%
  • Vid 6

0 0%
  • Vid 7

0 0%
  • Vid 8

1 20.00%
  • All/most of the vids

0 0%
  • None/other

0 0%
  • I lost interest yesterday

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Humour Me- Which type of humour appeals to you-pollilicious

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Humour Me- Which type of humour appeals to you-pollilicious

So i was thinking about different styles tickling different persons/personalities. I thought maybe a few vids to choose from and follow up with post if you like. Personally i enjoy satirical, absurd, ridiculous, witty, dry, subtle, offkey...lots of different styles. But i do realise some people like it straight up...and oftentimes i have been chuckling away to myself and others have responded with "I don't get it" or "I do get it, but it's really not funny" etc.

So what are you all into?

Vid 1

Vid 2

Vid 3

Vid 4

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vid 5

(It's very British, just transfer the type to whichever nation you reside in....same impression)

Vid 6

Vid 7

Vid 8

I'll leave it there, please also tell me WHY, why does such humour appeal to you... in depth explanations welcome.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only one I found kind of funny was the Chappelle clip. What made it funny was the sense of bewilderment and confusion. I never ntoiced befor,e but that seems to be a running theme in a lot of the humor I like: people who are utterly confused by shit or see things from a perspective that brings out the absurdity of life. For example, I love this little bit from George Carlin:

And this is still my favorite bit from ItsKingsleyBitch, who I stopped watching at some point but was hilarious about two years ago:
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Okay, I'm going to have a drink now after scrolling and seeing Carlin in this thread. Ehhh.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I reckon whichever you don't like Gem, seeing how self absorbed you are, I reckon that moves on to humour.
    Last edited by bg; 07-04-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: stop spreading this shit all over the forum.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    I'll leave it there, please also tell me WHY, why does such humour appeal to you... in depth explanations welcome.
    Blackadder and Frankie Boyle are good for me. Probably because I have a bad sense of humour.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My favorite type of humor is physical humor. It's like Hell Gods being hit by trucks after they say something narcissistic and cruel. Falling anvils, people being hurt etc.

I love George Carlin but I wouldn't call him a comedian. He's too serious. I guess you could say something poignant about how the best comedians are really serious and the tragedy/comedy line but idk.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen any of the videos yet but I know I love Frankie Boyle

Creepy-bg

depends on my mood, but generally vulgar fuckup comedians who rant about cynical shit are my favorites. like Doug Stanhope...

character comedians are okay, if they're particularly offensive or subtle. kind of the same with physical comedy, i like subtle reactions or overblown anger stuff. absurd or surreal comedy is okay too, but I need to be in the right mood.
    Last edited by bg; 07-05-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly like clowns and prop comedy. My dream is to go to a good clown college so that I can make people laugh.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

dead baby jokes are funny. morbid stuff.