IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Video of ISTp at work

Here you can see a good example of an SLI:

Some things to notice:

1) This is a sensor type, aesthetics are highly valued. You can see that the place is very, very clean for being a workshop.
    2) This is a logical type, who values efficiency. Notice he makes almost no mistakes as the work was well thought out before beginning.
    3) This is an introverted type (he doesn't seem to be much distracted if at all).
    2) This is a dynamic type. You can observe how stuff develops without gaps.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you define dynamic?

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think dynamic is different for each cognitive style? Just like we have plus minus functions?

I used to think I was dynamic / process / negativist (dialectical algorithmic) and I am starting to wonder if I had that right. I currently define myself as static / result / negative (panoramic.) Static/Dynamic gets me.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    IDK
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was mesmerizing!

I love seeing things get made...
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Mike, what a great video thanks; that's pretty much my ex SLI bf; he started to import diamond blades and cutting materials much like in that video after I suggested that that was the best career for him.

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Here you can see a good example of an SLI:

Some things to notice:

1) This is a sensor type, aesthetics are highly valued. You can see that the place is very, very clean for being a workshop.
    2) This is a logical type, who values efficiency. Notice he makes almost no mistakes as the work was well thought out before beginning.
    3) This is an introverted type (he doesn't seem to be much distracted if at all).
    2) This is a dynamic type. You can observe how stuff develops without gaps.
    That is so cool how you deduced that, I wouldn't have thought you could type from a video like this. And I think you are right. My SLI works so intelligently and thoughtfully. Right now is building a room at his house, and I can't be there since I'm in another state, but I enjoy hearing everyday about the project as there are all kinds of problems to solve and he solves them all. As they come up, he knows he will have a solution as soon as he gets to some time to think on it, and then he later does and I like to hear what he comes up. It really is an amazing efficiency he has. And since before he started this room he was "stuck" and hadn't expressed his creative ability in awhile, it makes my heart happy for him to be so engaged.

Below this is a video of one of his friends who made it of himself. I believe he is a SLI too (haven't met him but just from what i know of him). His workshop is messy unlike in your video but so is my SLIs work area when he is engrossed in a project. Its an organize mess to him - he mostly remembers where he put stuff, at least the vicinity. (I like to help my SLI by cleaning up and organizing his work area as he works so he can stay focused on what he is doing and be able to find things quickly when he needs to).

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really, really coo to see, but I definitely experienced some anxiety when I thought about the level of detail required to do all that.

That's definitely my SLI, except his precision is centered on teeth instead of machine parts. I'm thankful for SLI craftiness. Had it not been for him removing all cabinets and fixtures before I started painting yesterday, I'd have dripped paint all over the important things.

EDIT: BTW, I've been combing the Articles sections for more information on what constitutes Static Vs Dynamic. I'm also interested in learning more about the types within each socionic types. Can any of you direct me to more information on these?
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Seriously Judicious Emotivist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

applejacks, it is interesting how we posted plea for basically the same type-related problem about the same time and also I notice we both used the "butterfly" analogy about ourselves... And also like me you have many things you want to do/become, in areas of career/financial, fitness, expression of your talents, being a better wife, which for me the latter is a better mom, a better daughter/caregiver to my mom. And I am preparing for life with SLI.

I have come to the conclusion that what worked for me so very long ago is that Alan Lakein book I mentioned and just ordered a new/used copy of. Somehow I thought thought since i had "done" that there must be a new!improved! time/goal book out there i need to find since time has passed and aren't things always getting better? But reading the reviews I realize its a classic and maybe the very best book on the subject. I really was at my best following those principles, and I am ready to be there again and realize that being my best is not something that I slipped into by just being me, but I required a framework imposed.

I really think the book speaks to everyone but maybe especially to an IEE because it addresses our weakness while affirming our dreams (which we have so many of) while showing us the way to make it all happen with the least effort. You say you are "not ADD" but even because you said it show one of our weaknesses - we often appear to be, or have those behaviors, even while we are not clinically so. We need help reining that in and that book did help me once so I will let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    ...EDIT: BTW, I've been combing the Articles sections for more information on what constitutes Static Vs Dynamic. I'm also interested in learning more about the types within each socionic types. Can any of you direct me to more information on these?
    I don't know where find that other than the brief Wikisocion you probably already saw: http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...ic_and_dynamic
    http://www.socionics.us/wikisocion/S..._dynamic.shtml

Here are lists from the two above articles :
    Static types
    - Perceive events in an episodic manner – discrete states rather than continuous changes.
    - More inclined to say how stages A, B and C are.
    - Describe events in a general manner and by comparing them to other similar events.
    - More inclined to talk of properties and structures of reality.
    - The stories of statics usually involve one constant main character.

Dynamic types
    - Perceive events in a continuous sequence – continuous changes rather than discrete states.
    - More inclined to say how stage A leads to stage B, and how stage B leads to stage C.
    - Describe events in a specific and concrete manner.
    - More inclined to talk of movements and interactions of reality.
    - The stories of dynamics usually involve multiple main characters.

and from the 2nd link above:

Typical characteristics of statics
    - More inclined to say how stages A, B and C are
    - More inclined to talk of properties and structures of reality
    - Perception of reality is more like 8 frames per second (Talanov)

Typical characteristics of dynamics
    - More inclined to say how stage A leads to stage B, and how stage B leads to stage C
    - More inclined to talk of movements and interactions of reality
    - Perception of reality is more like 64 frames per second (Talanov)

I bolded two on that first set because they really stood out to me. Because my SLI wrote a book, not published, that was very involved and I had a hard time following, and I realize it was a lot because it had a LOT of characters! A book I wrote would have one main one, and all would relate to that.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Original OP: hahahaha, nice one.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."