View Poll Results: Do you like clubbing?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

4 18.18%
  • No.

18 81.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightclubs

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually enjoy nightclubs. I mean yeah, not for every weekend, but they're really cool from time to time. I can't see the problem.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like it depends in what kind of nightclub you're going to end up. Here where I am at one is the most popular although I always wondered how the heck did that happen - there's not really a lot of space inside, speakers are right in your face so you can hear and see whatever you're drinking dancing in your bottle plus the mixture of alcohol and whatever people are on inside once they get outside (it's usually thwarted inside by security) is lul.

One of the guys I know tested it and broke his hand - two days after I see him with wires sticking out of his hand. Like wolverine, but not quite.

I heard they want to re-build it, so things may change.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i havent experienced these problems with posing and image consciousness that you guys are talking about but ive only gone to cheap places and the gay club. and i kind of like drunkenness and loudness and claustrophobia lol.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Must of been a fine DJ at yours, lungs. And it is not really about lieking drunkenness, it's lieking getting your face torn off on the sidewalk. Neither am I claustrophobic but I need space, wouldn't want to see someone's head fall off by accident. Such things happens.

And yes, 75% William. Looks liek you, what's the word? Just shot yourself. By no means is extroversion associated with going to nightclubs...
    Last edited by Absurd; 07-01-2013 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsurdEnough View Post
    It doesn't really surprise me, for a group of people who prefer to sit around and chat on the computer for hours on-end, mostly dominated by Introverted Intuitive personalities, to not prefer going out to nightclubs. 85% said 'no', 3/20 said 'yes'. Figures.
    but... this doesn't correlate to the types of the people who voted.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    i'd get so drunk I could barely walk out. FUN.
    Perhaps the people you meet in pubs have actually been there for a number of days and have just failed to walk out?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm sure they're waking up in them.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had preferred avoiding most of the clubs, but in each town I've lived I would finally find a place I liked. College towns have the worst clubs, so I had to travel a little to get to what I liked. One of those small town bars that have a band stage and small dance floor, with pool tables and dart boards in the back, quite a bit of seating with different views of the bar/floor, even seating outside, and would host out of town small bands. Some places have even been biker bar-ish. I prefer places that have a wide age range, and which aren't meat markets. Where people go to relax, meet some buddies after work, and on weekends dance a little to some decent music (usually classic rock up to early 90s). One place even had a headbanging night. I loved that band, lol. That was the same bar that also had a couple of chess sets out and always in use. It was also kind out in the middle of nowhere and always filled with bikers.

I would always go for the dancing, and when I brought friends I was the designated driver. I'd usually wind up chatting with the bands a bit. Some of the bands would place me on their guest list because I would see someone dancing in their seats and get them out on the floor. Many times this person would wind up being a wife or girlfriend of a band member, and she'd be too uncomfy dancing with another guy, but another girl was safe. So she'd have fun, he'd get lucky that night, and I'd be always welcomed to the bar, lol.

A lot of times I was treated as a younger sister. I was obviously not there to get picked up on, and if a guy would try, he'd usually have to run through the gamut with some of the regulars...after which he either left, or was given the ok, lol. I liked the familyish feel that would develop.

When I was younger, I would go dancing at one of these places every weekend.
    When I had my daughter it was only once a month.
    Since being with Richard, I've not been out at all. I miss my favorite form of exercise.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12