Thread: Is this Ne Polr or Ne Ignoring?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this Ne Polr or Ne Ignoring?

I was stuck in a traffic jam out in the countryside last weekend. There was a service road right next to the interstate and occasionally a car would zoom by at 55 mph. After crawling along at 20 mph for about 15 minutes I suggested to the ILI driver that we try the service road. He and the ESI in the front seat were in agreement that it would be a bad idea. My backseat companion (IEE) had an appointment and was going to be late. But we were trying to avoid conflict so we stayed quiet and sat in the traffic jam for another 30 minutes. Is this an example of Ne polr or Ne ignoring?
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

why did they say it was a bad idea?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's an example of wasting valuable time to me, that is, when you can get somewhere faster but choose not to.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reasons were offered. Then as time passed, the driver offered up that what if there were a train crossing at some point that might hold up service road traffic... (No sign of RR tracks anywhere, btw!)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cab horse syndrome, confirm. Ne related? I think this may be generalization a bit unfair to the sane part of Ne PoLR & Co. This said, I do recognize my EIE mother in this picture, and remember how it used to annoy my EII self.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    It's an example of wasting valuable time to me, that is, when you can get somewhere faster but choose not to.
    I will do almost anything to avoid traffic jams, so this was hard to sit through! The interesting thing to me was that everyone else was just sitting in the traffic jam, with the enticing empty service road so close. I guess fear of the unknown keeps people from leaving the main highway, especially if there is no deadline.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    I was stuck in a traffic jam out in the countryside last weekend. There was a service road right next to the interstate and occasionally a car would zoom by at 55 mph. After crawling along at 20 mph for about 15 minutes I suggested to the ILI driver that we try the service road. He and the ESI in the front seat were in agreement that it would be a bad idea. My backseat companion (IEE) had an appointment and was going to be late. But we were trying to avoid conflict so we stayed quiet and sat in the traffic jam for another 30 minutes. Is this an example of Ne polr or Ne ignoring?
    No

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malna View Post
    Cab horse syndrome, confirm. Ne related? I think this may be generalization a bit unfair to the sane part of Ne PoLR & Co. This said, I do recognize my EIE mother in this picture, and remember how it used to annoy my EII self.
    You're drunk!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess fear of the unknown keeps people from leaving the main highway, especially if there is no deadline.
    Yeah, ILI and ESI didn't know there are man-eating squirrels there, so fear of unknown struck again. Crap IEE had to endure that.

Yeah Some Drivers have that ,i think that cabbies being in traffic and then having someone suggest they take an uncertain route isn't really new to them ,so i think they say no as a standard answer ,doesn't mean they're above convincing though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly off topic: I think a GPS with traffic update or even a smartphone with Google Map would have helped in preventing possible conflicts.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an example of being close-minded and inefficient.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess fear of the unknown keeps people from leaving the main highway, especially if there is no deadline.
    Fear of the unknown usually has the exact opposite effect on me. But yeah, some people are afraid to take chances. And others are just ignorant.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By service road do you mean the shoulder of the road? That's obviously iffy. You just end up getting stuck behind a semi or something you didn't see. Not to mention the fact that it's not legal and a douche bag cop could hold you up even longer. Bad idea? Eh. Just not very useful.

People get stuck in traffic sometimes. It's a perfectly sensible excuse robe late.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me enlighten you.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/service+road

A local road that runs parallel to an expressway or interstate highway and that provides access to the property bordering it.
    You're welcome.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Let me enlighten you.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/service+road

You're welcome.

It's called dialect, asshat. Yes, that's clearly what I thought it was. I just don't call it that.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aiss View Post
    So how do I know what is type-related and what isn't?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I wouldn't have taken it recently just because my younger self would've...and I probably would've been pulled over by a cop..
    again).

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess a good starting point here is what part did you think was type related? Why did you believe it was type related? That is, what aspects of this behaviour relate to one of the underlying IEs of Socionics?
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    It's called dialect, asshat. Yes, that's clearly what I thought it was. I just don't call it that.
    You clearly didn't. But maybe lying and pretending you're not stupid is called having a dialect in your dialect.

Ah well, never stop learning.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lul.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In theory, Ne PoLR manifests in skepticism concerning new ideas and courses of action where possible consequences are too broad to be predicted, calculated, or anticipated with ease; xSIs are supposed to dislike dealing with this kind of uncertainty. Take what you will from that.
    Last edited by Park; 06-29-2013 at 02:50 PM.

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes op you can probably chalk this example up to the game introverts aversion to changing it up.

Although I'd expect an ILI to be more interested in it. Unless there's something else going through his head that he didn't verbalize, which you could generally expect to be rational

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Introspector View Post
    Yeah Some Drivers have that ,i think that cabbies being in traffic and then having someone suggest they take an uncertain route isn't really new to them ,so i think they say no as a standard answer ,doesn't mean they're above convincing though.
    Oh, it was a CAB driver?
    Lol. K now I'm chalking this up to dollar signs.