TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default LII-INTj by Grigory Reinin

The logical - intuitive introvert –a Robespierre

Celebrities of this type: Maximilian Robespierre, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Caesar Bordzhia Dante Algieri, Rene Descartes, Karl Gustav Jung, George Wilhelm Fredrik Hegel, Immanuel Kant, Friedrich Nietzsche, Arthur Shopengauer, Johann Fredrik Schiller, Bertold Brecht, Nikolai Roerich, Thomas Moor, Felix Dzerzhinsky, Sergey Rakhmaninov, Nicolo Paganini, Francisco De Goya, Paul Gauguin, Claude Monet, Anton Chekhov, Franz Kafka

(*Sandrine BONNAIRE (actress, France), Patricia KAAS (singer, France), Kevin COSTNER (actor, US), Demie MOORE (actress, US), Isabelle HUPPERT (actress, France), Paul A. M. DIRAC (physicist, UK), Marie SKLODOWSKA-CURIE and Pierre CURIE (spouses, physicists, Poland - France), Andrei SAKHAROV (physicist and politician, Soviet Union), Erwin SCHROEDINGER (physicist, Germany), Albert GORE (politician, US), Thomas JEFFERSON (politician, US, XVIII century), Sergei IVANOV (politician, Russia), Francois MITTERAND (politician, France), Vladimir PUTIN (politician, Russia), Maximilien de ROBESPIERRE (politician, France, XVIII century).*)

Function #1 - subjective logic ( ): my understanding, my worldview, and my school. “My logic is the best logic in the world”. It is difficult to convince a Robespierre of anything that contradicts her system of beliefs. She usually has difficulty explaining her own system. Only serious circumstances may change anything in the area of the first function. She does not accept anything by faith in this area.

At times there are objective circumstances that are difficult to ignore but at the same time they contradict a Robespierre’s system of beliefs, her idea of the world. Then she needs time to work on a new description of the world. A Robespierre may go on with life only after the worldview is integral once again. A Robespierre just does not instantly accept anything new: she will listen to your arguments, but she needs time to evaluate, review new data, process it and either accept or reject it. She would not agree with you on the spot. The first function is conservative, it serves as a base, and the base should be firm and strong.

Our limited individual consciousness needs a base. A person needs to know beyond any shadow of a doubt that he exists. This type thinks: “I cannot think if my thinking is not based on a definite world view”.

People with their relationships are in the area of the fourth function. He is not a people person. A Robespierre has a primitive idea of humanity: people are divided into those who are bad, and those who are good. He sees the world in black and white without shadows. (There are types who do not divide people into two categories: “In fact, the world is too complex to limit it by two categories”.) “People will act according to their nature”, - this is a common opinion but a Robespierre does not follow it.

Function #-1 - objective logic ( ): the zone of ignoring. “The world is the way I see it. If you have evidence that it’s not the way I see it, too bad for the world. Anyway it is not my business; just keep your opinion to yourself. I think the world should be exactly how I see it”. Often these people live in the world of their imagination.

The laws of a society put their own value on people and their actions. They set measures and standards for people to follow. Any society has a gap of some sort. People evaluate you according to certain standards. At one extreme if you do not meet the standards you are isolated. At the other extreme you get paid for not meeting the standards because you are useful for the same society. By the way, in this gap various spiritual teachings flourish. But this is another story.

Function #2 - objective intuition ( ): the area of creativity. The external world has to be complete. We will build the City of the Sun and inhabit it with beautiful, happy people.
    The world lacks integrity and people work hard to bring it to harmony. “The world should live in harmony, people deserve to be happy", says a Robespierre, "so let's take a guillotine and chop off heads of all bad people who hamper our creation so that only good ones remain and everyone will be happy. Let's build a society free of the bad people, oppression, violence, injustice … But this purpose is achieved by means of a guillotine”. This is how this type expresses his creativity. Ideals of the Sun City are very typical of the Robespierrean utopianism of Thomas Moore and Tommazo Campanella, Henri Saint-Simon, Charles Furrier, Robert Owen.
    Ideas of universal harmony are found in the works of many philosophers. But if the real world were in harmony, the Robespierres would have nothing to do. They feel a need to improve the world even by means of decapitating those who are in the way of building a perfect society void of those who for whatever reasons do not fit in the harmony, who, for example, had the audacity to be born aristocrats. Take a look at the mess left by Maximillian Robespierre in France or Felix Dzerzhinsky in Russia? And these people were sincerely convinced that they were right, incorruptible and that they were not compromising.

Now a Robespierre's creative gift is often channeled into reforming a society. When heading up a company this type may find him/herself being engaged in constructing a global structure, which will never encompass the whole world anyway. Someday it begins to fall apart and the person gets frustrated. Then illnesses and neurosis develop, and eventually he/she gives up. A Robespierre often wastes a lot of time on creating institutes, which are destined to be useless.

A Robespierre in his search for harmony often turns to composing music. Many a musician belongs to this type: Rakhmaninov, Rimsky-Korsakov, etc. They may become good educators too, like Russian teachers Sukhomlinsky, Ushinsky, Makarenko.

Sometimes their systems work, sometimes they do not. But when the author begins to implement a system he soon finds out that the system created for people does not take real people into consideration, if it does then it think of people as abstract and abnormal. Real people don’t fit into a scheme, thus reality hits a Robespierre hard.

There are no bad people they are just different. It only seems to us that they do something wrong. They are different because they live in a different dimension and have a different system of values. We just do not realize the extent to which psychological planes of different types differ from each other. And it is impossible to comprehend another person’s system of values, because the practice of traveling into the psychological plane of another type is, perhaps, one of the most complex and rare psychological experiences.

Function #-2 - subjective intuition ( ): a Robespierre's zone of standards consists of a number of states and moods. My state is always adequate to the external world, and my inner person is standard. Why bother studying your inner self if building a world of harmony is so much more interesting and acute? A Robespierre typically chooses one of his standard states and dwells in it most of the time. This area of standards also includes ethical norms and principles, which secure the integrity of their internal world.

Function #3 – subjective sensoring ( ): in the area of self-assessment, in the zone of problems there are health, sensations in general and sex in particular. A test question: “What do you say about the following statement: Sex is not only bad for you, but it is also good for you?” This question frustrates a Robespierre. They need 200% safety in the area of sensations. They seek out and follow hard all kinds of health programs. They have to at least know the theory of bodily exercise because their self-assessment motto of this type is I am good if I am in perfect health condition. High sexual activity is a kind of self-affirmation, self-protection in the area of the third function. The body should be reliable, it should be constantly strengthened and tested, if it passes the test then “I am good”, this is positive defense. But negative defense is also possible: “I am good, but I am very sick, I am sicker than you think.”

Function #-3 - objective sensoring ( ): problem-solving area. When health problems arise this type thinks, “We must do something!” He/she turns to cross-country skiing, karate, bathing in the ice-cold water, sauna, other physical exercises, diets, fasting, urine-therapy, routine schedule, workouts, etc. I need to fortify my sensory ability; I need to be armed and dangerous.

Function #4 - objective ethics ( ): (The principle of a place assessment, the area of suggestive influences; motives, desires, people's attitude to me. Things that other people teach me about.) This is a friend, that is a foe, and who is that one? I want to be loved. A good place is the place where I am loved. A Robespierre leaves because he/she feels the negative attitude, they are often unaware of the objective reasons why they left a place or a company: “I want to be loved, that's all!” So he is thinking what can be done in order to get people's love? It’s a good idea to create a team, become a leader, everyone will listen to me and nod: “Yes, you are right! It is a wonderful thought! There is logic in what you say!”

Objective ethics in the area of the fourth function means that a person gathers people around him/herself to satisfy the need to experience other people’s good attitude to himself. The motive is subconscious and he/she may find him/herself surrounded by bootlickers some day. We have mentioned that in the area of the fourth function people tend to be hypochondriac. A Robespierre gets even suspicious: “I do not know what they really think about me. Other people know better what others think about me”.

A Robespierre may be easy manipulated if his/her suspiciousness is encouraged it works because they are not masters of relationships.

None of the IM types understand jokes in the area of the fourth function; when humored they become more suspicious and may react absolutely inadequately.

Function #-4 - subjective ethics ( ): in a Robespierre's zone of fears is his/her own attitude. Why talk about it? What is there to say? They have a fear of expressing love, or their own attitude to a person/a thing/an event. “What is your opinion? What do you think about it?” these questions frighten a Robespierre. And when they are faced with a necessity to speak directly about their attitude they may put up a huge fuss. In general a Robespierre is inclined to a detached, constrained manner of dialogue. He/she tries to express opinions implicitly, hinting or joking. Frequently they are not understood, because they assume that others think in the same way as they do.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is an article at the transition point into Model B. Reinin is exploring an early form of Plus/Minus functions.

After Model B emerged in 1991, it was decided that Result-types have a minus style dominate function. In any case, in Model B

The LII has Function 1 as rebuilding the world according to their own view of − Ti which is abstractness, generality, universality, system, classification, typology, general regularities, objectivity, truth, justice, comprehensive review, analysis, dissection, the logic of science, criteria;

They do so from ignoring +Te - they see beyond plue style Te to see a new (and they hope,) more important and powerful logical system behind it. Plus Te is that which is useful, beneficial, economical, technology, facts, acquisition, stockpiling, purchases, savings, bringing order, practicality;

Model B uses 16 functions. There is a plus minus function of each of Asura Augusta 8 functions. The minus one function is not Asura's 7th function. In Model B, the 7th function is a deep unconscious feeling of contempt for the opposite plus minus polarity.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info