TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESE-ESFj by Grigory Reinin

The Ethical-sensory extrovert –a Hugo

Celebrities of this type: Victor Hugo, Charles Dickens, Jules Verne, Prosper Merimee, George Washington, Michael Bakunin, Che Guevara, Valentine Gaft, Andrey Bitov, Gerard Phillip, Michael Kazakov.

(*Juliet BINOCHE (actress, France), Sandra BULLOCK (actress, US), Lolita DAVIDOVICH (actress, US), George CLOONEY (actor, US), Emir KUSTURICA (movie director and actor, Serbia), Courtney LOVE (actress, US), Liza MINNELLI (actress, US), Natalie OREIRO (actress and singer, Argentina), Miranda RICHARDSON (actress, US), Friedrich ENGELS (politician, Germany, XIX century), Graham GREENE (writer, UK), Yasser ARAFAT (politician, Palestine), Fidel CASTRO RUZ (politician, Cuba)*)

Function #1 — objective ethics ( ): “Man is a realm of relationships. If I have relationships with other people, then I exist”. This type is in its element when in a relationship. A Hugo would never put a strain on a relationship no matter what he thinks about other people's attitudes to himself and each other. He does not need to inquire of anybody’s attitude because he knows what it is. He is confident in this area.

Stability of his personal relationships combined with stability of other people’s relationships support stability of a Hugo’s personality. A change in existing relationships may emotionally disturb a Hugo. A Hugo may be a closer friend than a Hamlet. These “horizontal" relationships have no boundaries. The more the better! He does not care about the social status of the people involved. It is a personal "world wide web"! Just try putting a Hugo in a room with a disconnected phone line! It may cause anxiety or aggression. Even thinking that his phone may be disconnected because he has not paid the bills stresses him out. A Hugo knows how to smooth things out, ease the tension. He always has a lot of friends. He likes to party and hang out; there he is in his element.

"If I do not have relationships, then I do not exist. If I am not needed, I am no more, if I have relationships, then I exist."

Function #-1 — subjective ethics ( ): a Hugo ignores his attitude to people. First of all there should be external relationships, and my attitudes are secondary. My feelings and me are real and can be described. But a Hugo finds it difficult to talk about his/her attitude. He/she may not even answer a direct question about his/her attitude. This is irrelevant. Other things are more important to a Hugo. Relationships of the current external world are important. A Hugo tends to go with the flow and does not want to change circumstances or reveal his/her attitude. A Hugo's attitude is an intimate thing; there is no need to share. It does not need an explanation; my behavior speaks of my attitude. Others may interpret my actions and know what my attitude is. But putting it into words is hard and not necessary.

A Robespierre, who compliments a Hugo's, does not expect to hear about his attitude. In this area a Robespierre is full of fears, therefore they communicate in another psychological plane.

Function #2 — subjective sensoring ( ): various feelings. Here is a broad spectrum of choices. A Hugo has to experiment with sensations: taste new foods and alcohol drinks (a Hugo will not drink to get drunk, but will have to have a taste). He has to smell new smells, listen to a new sound, etc. This type likes to experiment with food, to relish and “share” new tastes and various sensations: “Have you tried this? And that? Have you ever tried alternating hot and cold showers? It feels great! You should try!” A Hugo is a lover of delicatessens and cuisine expert. They are experts in medicine: they know what the illness is and how it should be treated.
    The art of sexual intercourse is by no means a sin; it is a responsibility and a purpose. Art is a source of joy and for this reason a Hugo worships it. Even science in his/her interpretation may be a source of refined pleasure. His creative work is focused on building a world of harmony.

Function #-2 — objective sensoring ( ): appearance, activity, deed, and form. As far as I know, these people pay attention to how they look, though for them it is not important. Extravagance is in the area of "should not". A Hugo wares what’s normal and accepted in his/her social environment. Their house interior is a standard symbol of time. A Hugo does not impose his/her will on people and does not tell them how to do things.

Function #3 — objective intuition ( ): integrity and harmony of the external world. Time management is in this area. This is a painful issue; a Hugo is on defense here, constantly apologizing for being late. They are often late, even though they try.

The third function covers self-esteem. Through this channel in the structure of the type a person receives energy from the society therefore it should be protected. It is protected when clarity is guaranteed and potential situation is known from beginning to end. Then a Hugo understands and feels the sequence of a process: the first step, the second, etc. Then he is at peace, he thinks he is moving and his life is progressing.
    There are two measures of defense: positive and negative. Some are never late. This type assesses him/herself: “If I am on time, then I am a good person; if I am late – I am bad”. Others are not aware of time. This type dives deep into a meditative process and loses a sense of time; there he dwells in peace and harmony. A Hugo is conservative and does not change the present order of things, at least, not on his own initiative. Even if he does not like how things are, the stability in and of itself is a strong positive feedback.

Function #-3 - subjective intuition ( ): changing on the inside solves problems. This is possible in a number of ways: the change of image, meditation, and alcohol. More often a Hugo chooses to escape from problems instead of solving them. They may radically change their image in an attempt to run from reality, imagining they are somebody else free from the existing problem.

Function #4 - subjective logic ( ): “I want to understand everything! Explain things to me. Please do explain! I am not interested if I do not understand. A good place is where understand everything".
    Perhaps the two types – a Hugo and a Hamlet – are the most frequent attendants of all kinds of lectures, meetings, conferences, discussions and debates. It is important for them that that the event is well structured, the lecturer explains and clarifies everything carefully. Sometimes in a large audience one can see people in a sort of light trance (euphoria) – just because they feel they understand everything perfectly. The fact that someone explains 'how it should be' is comforting! I feel good in a place where things have an explanation, and I get help with understanding things. A collision of concepts is a problem, though. Once a Hugo gets a clear picture of something it would be hard to apprehend a conflicting concept. However, this collision is not so terrible because people of this type do not pay attention to the basis of their understanding as a rule. Their logic of reasoning is aesthetic rather than scientific.

In the area of the fourth function quickly nothing may be altered too soon. This area is not creative. Programs run it, our own programs as well as other people's programs – our parents', our teachers'. These programs may conflict with one other. Sometimes we don’t see any logic in our own thoughts and deeds, let alone other's! People usually do not agree with the logic of another type.

A Hugo and a Hamlet have random logic. They chose random starting points for their reasoning. A Hugo does it quite often. A Hugo may receive an infusion because the formal logic of an explanation seems reasonable, he may accept things, which he does not agree with normally. This type should be aware of the trait and be discerning when things are explained to them.

Function #-4- objective logic ( ): the zone of fears. In the area of the fourth co function a Hugo has to work hard on himself. Construction or plain house cleaning terrifies her. Just thinking about it she gets restless and irritated, her fear grows the longer she procrastinates, simple projects demand great efforts from a Hugo. We met a person of this type who lived in a room with piles of books maintaining up to the high ceilings. He dreamed of bookshelves and order. It was hard to walk or find anything in the room. There was a wealth of books but they were not accessible. This is a Hugo. They suffer from fear of making a step, fear of facing reality. Women of this type are often lonely; they never try to keep a man. There is an anecdote: “Mary, will you marry me? We’ve been together for seventeen years …” - “Come on, Victor, don't be silly, who would want us now…”
    A Hugo is often terrified by the prospect of fulfilling an idea. For example, you know that it is necessary to remodel a place or just organize belongings, straighten out books on the shelf, but somehow it just does not work out. Laziness? What is laziness? It is a lack of energy to do something. Why there is no energy or will power to do exactly what needs to be done? A Hugo does not want to face the logic of the objective world: he does not want to do the objective things – for example, to hire workers to paint the walls. “Why do it now? Maybe later, we’ll do it next year … it actually still looks OK.”

A Hugo never knows when the money will come. They are frugal, they making scrupulous calculations. However, they may spontaneously spend everything on a project. This type may have different attitudes to money: it might be the fear of being out of money, or the fear of money.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This article was written at the transition to Model B, and hints at the arrival of plus minus functions:

Reinin sets it up as Function 1, Function Minus 1 and so on. Here is how Model B would look at this:

Function 1: Hugo operates to make sure that − Fe does not happen: Minus Fe is negative emotions, grief, sorrow, sadness, emotional recession, depression, crying, tears, frustration, pessimism, poor mood, the experience of unhappiness;

Function sub 1 Hugo is ignoring his own needs for + Fi: Plus style Fi is: good relations, love, friendship, affection, attraction, warmth in relations, sociability, close psychological distance, goodness, compassion;

And so on:

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know, one thing I can say that Reinin sucks at descriptions! me, being typical Hugo... I will tell you one thing and one thing only - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO LIVE WITHOUT HAVING ANY EMOTIONAL REACTION TOWARDS THINGS. As for relationships... I always preached this: I will never enforce any relationships upon people: true ones will stay with me no matter what and others are like shit - one day it dries out and falls off you. I will consciously ignore the necessity of caring the duty of "relationships" or show your attitudes... and I strongly believe that LII is much better at these things, because I can say things which might seem normal to me, but my friends LII will stop me quite often from my tirades, because others are getting hurt. which of course I LIIs for that...

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but yeah.... anything positive - bring it on...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fetornado View Post
    but yeah.... anything positive - bring it on...
    Unabashed immodesty and positive partiality.

Edit: Damage control: That is not sarcasm, sarcasm would have been "modesty and impartiality".
    Last edited by Esaman; 03-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.

TIM
    FeSi in Ego
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    Unabashed immodesty and positive partiality.

Edit: Damage control: That is not sarcasm, sarcasm would have been "modesty and impartiality".
    uhm. hm. ok