TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello, friends!

Hello everyone!

Where has this forum been all of my life!? I've been fascinated with MBTI for years, and am ECSTATIC that I found you all!

I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you, and continuing to dig through the site. For now I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself, and even ask a couple of questions to the experts out there.

Soo hello! My name's Jackie!

I was eager to write this post last night, but figured I should wait until I read more about Socionics before I started rambling, and I'm really glad that I did! For years and years, I've always tested as an ENFP on the standard MBTI. But after taking the Socionics test last night, and looking a little closer at the mechanics and depth behind the standard four letters, it seems that I'm an EIE (1Fe - ENFj - ). This extroverted feeling, introverted intuition seems to be a much better fit for me, but I'm still learning how to think outside of the MBTI box.

Although I'm only 28, I've already had three vastly different careers, all of which revolved around people- from Department of Defense conference planning in Europe & Africa, to collaborating with IT software developers, to my current profession of teaching guitar & piano. I've always known that what I do is not nearly as important as who I do it with. I also find that my emotional state is (sadly) often dependent on what I believe others perceive of me, especially when it comes to my physique and general aura. You'd think something of such paramount importance would make me prioritize my own physical and health needs, but it takes a build-up of critical mass for me to try and fix it. I'm so externally motivated and energized that I willingly re-direct my priorities towards others at times, yet I find myself retreating inward when I'm sad, when I know perfectly well that I'm empowered by other people (and sunshine).

I've only been in love once, and that is with my husband. We've only been married 8 months now, and he is about as polar opposite of me as possible. But from the moment we met, it was as if I always had to be touching him, as if he was my other half and I just needed to be touching him to make up for lost time. There was an attraction there unlike anything I'd experienced before- in fact, I tucked myself under his arm on our first date, which is something that I just don't do. I've always been a "3 dates and done" kind of girl, simply because I never wanted to get involved in a long, drawn out, emotional break-up. Everyone was a friend, but maybe I knew that once I loved, it would be far too much for me to handle the risk of having my heart broken. As soon as I felt and observed my husband to be of strong character and stability, I fell head over heels for him.

Unlike me, he's always saying that he wants to become really, really good at one thing. He's a licensed and practicing dentist, and loves doing the same thing over and over again until he's mastered it. He's always been a bit of a loner and more complex (or less transparent) individual. He almost likes the fact that he's an engima, but I'm one of the few people that understand him- even his family doesn't seem to understand him. He's quiet, but steadfast and dependable, sometimes brooding, and a little cold when it comes to matters of justice. That seems to be of paramount importance to him- justice, doing what's right, doing your job and doing it well, and abiding by rules so that everyone is fairly compensated for time and efforts. He LOVES to analyze movies (especially super hero & sci fi films), and will often spend more hours reading and thinking about movies than watching them, all of which suits me fine, because I love sci fi and fantasy, and our discussions allow me insight into his thinking.

I've tried to get him to take the MBTI, but he's stubborn to these ideas that people can be defined by exams. I don't know enough about socionics to identify him, but I personally think he is an ISTJ, but I can't be certain. I've done some reading on Guardians as well, as he and his family (all dentists and pharmacists), all fall into the Guardian category. He strives to provide, and typically prefers to show his affections by procuring (buying me a guitar, providing a house and home, and generally being dependent and steady). He's more of a concrete speaker, whereas I tend to speak metaphorically, often relating people and their needs to dog breeds and their needs and energy levels. He also calls me the Emotional Butterfly, but I think I've come a long way in understanding myself and getting a better handle on my needs to mitigate some of the emotional blips. And even though he's not vocal about it, nor does he show it until after the fact, he usually sees my point of view two or three days after the fact. I like to think of it as planting seeds in his mind. He never gets excited for things until after they've happened, it seems, which is a shame! I try my best to plant the seeds early so he can enjoy some of the more memorable experiences of life, as he was always telling me he wished he would have done more.

Maybe you all can help typecast us. I was looking at the Inter relation chart, trying to understand what we have together. At first, I thought we were ENFP/ISTJ, which was conflict. But the more I read about socionics, the more I see our relationship being closer to an EIE / LSI. We don't ever fight. In fact, we've never had a fight in the 2 years we've been together. We're both extremely appreciative of each other's strengths, and understand each other's roles when it comes to the home, social events, and general romance. If anything, I struggle with feelings of isolation simply because he's not in-tune with my needs unless I tell him directly (which I'm getting better at), and I'm sure he struggles with my lack of consistency and my general neglect in prioritizing my own needs at times. Aside from that, I just flat out love the man, and really can't help myself. But again, we're still early on in our marriage, and I most definitely go through the more volatile stages than he.

I appreciate any and all input! Here's a picture of us! Apparently you can start to typecast by face? I was unaware, but can't wait to learn more!

Drop me a message sometime and introduce yourself! I'd love to speak with you, too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgladden/6554528085/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgladden/6264895383/

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Applejacks,

I see you're more than one Applejack. I had a dream like that once, where I was a bunch of clones. I could hear everyone thinking. It was quite peculiar.

Anyway, welcome. I won't talk Socionics, since I'm here more for the people than the system, which I'm quite skeptical of.

Take care,
    Sand

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cat or Parrot?

P.S. The extent of my own understanding of 'face shape' typology, as I've observed, is whether you look like a Cat or a Parrot. More often than not, there is one cat and one parrot in the relationship. Maybe this is our genes subconsciously trying to find the best balance for our future generations? Either way, it's clear that I'm cat and he's a parrot. I'd be curious to learn more about what other patterns might be deduced from this, or if I'm just completely delusional... which might also be the case. Are cats usually extroverted and aloof, and parrots more analytical and reserved?

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sand, I literally just laughed so hard I snorted.

Thanks for the note and the humor! Looking forward to chatting with you!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem happy.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do sound Fe-dominant. No offence, though.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    Hello everyone!

Where has this forum been all of my life!? I've been fascinated with MBTI for years, and am ECSTATIC that I found you all!

I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you, and continuing to dig through the site. For now I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself, and even ask a couple of questions to the experts out there.

Soo hello! My name's Jackie!

I was eager to write this post last night, but figured I should wait until I read more about Socionics before I started rambling, and I'm really glad that I did! For years and years, I've always tested as an ENFP on the standard MBTI. But after taking the Socionics test last night, and looking a little closer at the mechanics and depth behind the standard four letters, it seems that I'm an EIE (1Fe - ENFj - ). This extroverted feeling, introverted intuition seems to be a much better fit for me, but I'm still learning how to think outside of the MBTI box.

Although I'm only 28, I've already had three vastly different careers, all of which revolved around people- from Department of Defense conference planning in Europe & Africa, to collaborating with IT software developers, to my current profession of teaching guitar & piano. I've always known that what I do is not nearly as important as who I do it with. I also find that my emotional state is (sadly) often dependent on what I believe others perceive of me, especially when it comes to my physique and general aura. You'd think something of such paramount importance would make me prioritize my own physical and health needs, but it takes a build-up of critical mass for me to try and fix it. I'm so externally motivated and energized that I willingly re-direct my priorities towards others at times, yet I find myself retreating inward when I'm sad, when I know perfectly well that I'm empowered by other people (and sunshine).

I've only been in love once, and that is with my husband. We've only been married 8 months now, and he is about as polar opposite of me as possible. But from the moment we met, it was as if I always had to be touching him, as if he was my other half and I just needed to be touching him to make up for lost time. There was an attraction there unlike anything I'd experienced before- in fact, I tucked myself under his arm on our first date, which is something that I just don't do. I've always been a "3 dates and done" kind of girl, simply because I never wanted to get involved in a long, drawn out, emotional break-up. Everyone was a friend, but maybe I knew that once I loved, it would be far too much for me to handle the risk of having my heart broken. As soon as I felt and observed my husband to be of strong character and stability, I fell head over heels for him.

Unlike me, he's always saying that he wants to become really, really good at one thing. He's a licensed and practicing dentist, and loves doing the same thing over and over again until he's mastered it. He's always been a bit of a loner and more complex (or less transparent) individual. He almost likes the fact that he's an engima, but I'm one of the few people that understand him- even his family doesn't seem to understand him. He's quiet, but steadfast and dependable, sometimes brooding, and a little cold when it comes to matters of justice. That seems to be of paramount importance to him- justice, doing what's right, doing your job and doing it well, and abiding by rules so that everyone is fairly compensated for time and efforts. He LOVES to analyze movies (especially super hero & sci fi films), and will often spend more hours reading and thinking about movies than watching them, all of which suits me fine, because I love sci fi and fantasy, and our discussions allow me insight into his thinking.

I've tried to get him to take the MBTI, but he's stubborn to these ideas that people can be defined by exams. I don't know enough about socionics to identify him, but I personally think he is an ISTJ, but I can't be certain. I've done some reading on Guardians as well, as he and his family (all dentists and pharmacists), all fall into the Guardian category. He strives to provide, and typically prefers to show his affections by procuring (buying me a guitar, providing a house and home, and generally being dependent and steady). He's more of a concrete speaker, whereas I tend to speak metaphorically, often relating people and their needs to dog breeds and their needs and energy levels. He also calls me the Emotional Butterfly, but I think I've come a long way in understanding myself and getting a better handle on my needs to mitigate some of the emotional blips. And even though he's not vocal about it, nor does he show it until after the fact, he usually sees my point of view two or three days after the fact. I like to think of it as planting seeds in his mind. He never gets excited for things until after they've happened, it seems, which is a shame! I try my best to plant the seeds early so he can enjoy some of the more memorable experiences of life, as he was always telling me he wished he would have done more.

Maybe you all can help typecast us. I was looking at the Inter relation chart, trying to understand what we have together. At first, I thought we were ENFP/ISTJ, which was conflict. But the more I read about socionics, the more I see our relationship being closer to an EIE / LSI. We don't ever fight. In fact, we've never had a fight in the 2 years we've been together. We're both extremely appreciative of each other's strengths, and understand each other's roles when it comes to the home, social events, and general romance. If anything, I struggle with feelings of isolation simply because he's not in-tune with my needs unless I tell him directly (which I'm getting better at), and I'm sure he struggles with my lack of consistency and my general neglect in prioritizing my own needs at times. Aside from that, I just flat out love the man, and really can't help myself. But again, we're still early on in our marriage, and I most definitely go through the more volatile stages than he.

I appreciate any and all input! Here's a picture of us! Apparently you can start to typecast by face? I was unaware, but can't wait to learn more!

Drop me a message sometime and introduce yourself! I'd love to speak with you, too!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgladden/6554528085/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jgladden/6264895383/
    I was able to read a few paragraphs which is pretty well for me. Your writing appears passionate, open and authentic in style.
    I like the quality of the text but the quantity is a bit too much.

Thank you for using paragraphs however. I'll be seeing you, I guess.

PS: I'm not sure if others agree but she appears to me as a good example of without the pretense/faking that is often portrayed in it's stereotype.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A) from Department of Defense conference planning in Europe & Africa,
    WHAT IS THIS?!?! it *sounds* cool... but it might not be.

also the pic of you and your husband creeps me out because you two are extremely attractive. attractiveness and internet forums seem so odd.

EXFx seems right.

ESFj, ENFj seem likely.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your honesty is strangely comforting

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    A) from Department of Defense conference planning in Europe & Africa,
    WHAT IS THIS?!?! it *sounds* cool... but it might not be.

also the pic of you and your husband creeps me out because you two are extremely attractive. attractiveness and internet forums seem so odd.

EXFx seems right.

ESFj, ENFj seem likely.

You might say I got lucky on the job. I knew the right people, busted my tail, and landed a contracting job where I traveled, held conferences on government partnerships & policies, and socialized with European & African militaries. Needless to say, I was an odd duck in the crowd, but I think they appreciated that.

As for our attractiveness... don't be too surprised. I just watched an interview of Henry Cavill (Man of Steel) where he claimed to have been playing World of Warcraft when we got the phone call from Zack Snyder that he was accepted as the new Superman.

Henry Cavill. World of Warcraft.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much everyone here save a few play League of Legends. It sounds just as bad as it probably is.

Also some people take this place as a cult. so. Caveat emptor!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Hi applejacks, I was just gonna say yes to EIE

Your SO is ISTx maybe ISTj and a dual to you
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Welcome. You are almost stomach-turningly Fe.

You actually look a great deal like a girl I know who I would type ESE.

Either ESE or EIE for you, I think.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah, I got you as Fe-ExFj and your hubby as LSI. Gonna go pass out now, too exhausted to do much else right now. Welcome!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Hi applejacks, I was just gonna say yes to EIE

Your SO is ISTx maybe ISTj and a dual to you
    You're most likely right about our types. Funny thing is, I never would've met my husband if we hadn't met on a dating site. He's too quiet, slow in his advances, and a bit of a hermit. We also emailed each other for a week before we met, which set the stage for much deeper conversation on our first date.

Introverts, I'm talking to you all! Get on there and check it out!
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like a member of Christians in Action.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 06-22-2013 at 06:45 PM.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESFj-Fe

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to think ESE as well. over EIE.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    You seem like a member of Christians in Action.
    Yes, I am. And I'm here to recruit you, Jim.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jim, recruitment time.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. EIE / LSI sounds about right to me.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're most likely right about our types. Funny thing is, I never would've met my husband if we hadn't met on a dating site. He's too quiet, slow in his advances, and a bit of a hermit. We also emailed each other for a week before we met, which set the stage for much deeper conversation on our first date.

Introverts, I'm talking to you all! Get on there and check it out!
    Which site was that?
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your husband sounds somewhat like me, actually.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I am. And I'm here to recruit you, Jim.
    Alas, not an American citizen.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome!
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I almost forgot: Welcome.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    Which site was that?
    We met via Match.com. Don't get me wrong, despite his inner Hulk, he's actually quite sentimental and soft. Are you as well, @Park? Rough, crunchy exterior, soft on the inside?
    @AbsurdEnough - thank you, I was a late bloomer! And by late, I mean only as of the last 3 years or so (when I laid off the gaming, and added on the exercising)

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Alas, not an American citizen.
    God might judge you just a little for that, but we'll still take you.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsurdEnough View Post
    Yeah me too. Wasted enough life playing video games. I stopped a lot too about 2 years ago. More important things in life like family, friends, and pursuing goals. We have the rest of our lives ahead of us, though!
    Which games/platforms were you into?

I was a big World of Warcraft raider back in the day. I miss the social aspects and the teamwork, but not so much the ridiculous raiding schedules.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I was a big World of Warcraft raider back in the day. I miss the social aspects and the teamwork, but not so much the ridiculous raiding schedules.
    I either prefer one on one games or to play by myself. I should practice the multiple people thing it's just that I lose track of all the things that happen at once and I don't multi track well
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbsurdEnough View Post
    Was thinking of asking you which games you played.

I've played WoW a lot too, my drug of choice in college. Played mostly as a Rogue. If you're into PvP at all you could respect this - I got both the Battlemaster title (took like 2 years I think?) and Conqueror (took 1 year) post TBC. Grinding rep in WSG & Arathi Basin for like 10/15 rep per flag capture, forget what it is anymore, takes forever. Several months of just constantly queing for the BG, nothing else. Battlemaster was more challenging than it is now, I got it back in 2010. The 'We Had It All Along" achievement used to be win Arathi Basin with a score 2000-1990. I believe you win now at 1600 or something, and the margin is by like 20-50 points or something. Winning by 10 points, 2000-1990 involves a ridiculous amount of luck, and people could play like 300+ ABs and still not get it. That took some time, and also the Strand of the Ancients achievement for winning without 1 demo being killed - used to be a lot harder, back when demos had only like 70k health, and could be slowed I think. Did Arenas some, played at 2200 MMR with noobish teammates (A Resto Shaman who didn't know that Ghost Wolf stopped slow effects ^-^ and a Warlock who missed fears and went Demo back at the end of Wrath, because he didn't know how to play Affliction). But we beat some 2400 teams. Got to play with a Gladiator Priest once in 2's, and we were able to beat 2400-2500 teams even though he was undergeared, which was fun. I'd like to think if I went back, I could get Glad, but more important things in life right now to focus on.

Before that, played Runescape back in high school. Yes, I admit. Got 1,000 skill total before subscribing as a member, which took maybe a year - back before Runecrafting was started. Total now is over 1800 I think. I actually got selected as one of the player-mods with a white crown next to my name. Was really cool for some time. Then I stopped playing as there wasn't as much to do at the max-level cap, when you were such a high level. With WoW, there was more to do at max level, and finishing leveling was just the start of the game in many ways.

Growing up played lots of different genres - puzzle games, FPS (Goldeneye & Timesplitters were my classic favorites), Mario 64 & Starfox and all the Nintendo 64 classics, but I've always loved RPGs - even back on the Super Nintendo, Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, Secret of the Stars. I used to play those things for countless hours.

Through both high school & college, I played Dota a bunch, the precursor to League of Legends. I got really competitive at that and was really good. I mastered last-hitting. I could get fed so much in the first 7-10 minutes of the game - routinely last-hitting all the enemy creeps & denying 2-3 of my own creeps per wave. I could play near-flawless games - even when my damage was weak early, in the first 10 waves, if there were 50 creeps total, I would get the last-hit on like 48 or 49. If I got a single kill early, the game was done. You might as well consider me 'fed'. For Dota, my best heroes were melee heroes who could gank - fits my playstyle of being aggressive and impulsive. My best were probably Rikimaru & Nightstalker. A few friends from high school and I would play together, LAN it up, and own everyone. A friend of mine said I was the best Nightstalker he's ever seen. I also played Phantom Lancer, Faceless Void, Ogre Magi, Skeleton King & Tidehunter. I preferred heroes with a strategically powerful late-game and generally disliked Int heroes for APEM games. Although I could play any hero decently. As popular as League of Legends has become, I actually haven't tried it yet, because I've been working so much. But I bet I could pick it up pretty quickly, as it's virtually the same game, and made by the same creators of Dota, IceFrog & what's his name.

Nowadays I occasionally just play Chess on my phone or Monopoly on my computer for fun. Sometimes I'll watch streams of WoW Arena, like a veteran athlete watching others play, but I don't see myself going back to it to play really.

Enough nerdy game-speak for one post. Did you play any games besides WoW?
    YESSS! Love it all!!

My cousin played as a Rogue, and loved PvP. I was a Holy/Discp Priest, and pretty much just healed folks out on the BG, though I did earn a Sergeant title back in the early Arena days. I was primary or secondary healer with our guild, and was pretty heavy into raiding up until Kharazan. I've since leveled up to 86, but I skipped all of Cataclysm and received an auto level to 80 with Mists of Pandaria. Just haven't really gotten back into it since then, but our guild members are still close and hangout on other games.

Like you, I grew up playing Goldeneye, Diablo II, Perfect Dark, Neverwinter Nights, Mario 64. I was a big fan of 64, especially the Zelda games. (Ocarina of Time is total perfection!) I've even installed some old emulators on my laptop, but nothing seems to be the same as it was. For me, it's now like Christmas- it was best when you're young, or experiencing it with someone younger. Or after three bloody marys, that always helps

Now, I mostly play old games that I can stop after an hour or so, like Castlevania, Double Dragon, etc. Although I've been dragged into some Halo, Left for Dead, and Need for Speed at times. I prefer adventure / fantasy, like Beyond Good & Evil. The last game I REALLY enjoyed was Ni No Kuni.

/Nerd

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 i also played some diablo 2/3 but i really was into starcraft but i stoped because of my studies

Edit: Age of Empires 2

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, you achieved a lot in online gaming, William, and I wonder as well whether Park is sentimental and soft, applejacks. As for games, I wasn't really heavy when it came to WoW, SC2 nor WC3.

I got talked into playing WoW by some of my friends first and I tried it - thought the grind is going to finish me off faster than life itself. I think I focused solely on the PVP aspect of the game alone after lvl 50 (TBC) to abandon it after hitting lvl 70.

I liek this, though:

Praetorians.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-22-2013 at 09:31 PM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We met via Match.com. Don't get me wrong, despite his inner Hulk, he's actually quite sentimental and soft. Are you as well, @Park? Rough, crunchy exterior, soft on the inside?
    Yes.

I invest zero efforts in making myself likable to people; their opinions and reactions don't mean a thing. Unless they're coming from someone I care about, maybe.
    Last edited by Park; 07-07-2013 at 02:57 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you trying to imply I'd make good cat food, William?
    Last edited by Park; 06-23-2013 at 01:39 AM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-6 hour 40 Man molten core runs just for a purple set of hunter greaves. Whats not to like?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    You do sound Fe-dominant. No offence, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    You are almost stomach-turningly Fe.
    O_o ...
    Is this thread for proclaiming personal negative biases bordering on bigotry?

Then here is my version -

I also find that my emotional state is (sadly) often dependent on what I believe others perceive of me, especially when it comes to my physique and general aura.
    This is the first thing I have noticed. The superficiality of it made me think SEE, but maybe Se hidden agenda works too.
    It is cool though, since you are aware of and acknowledge it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello! I'm Joe, the wildcard 'round these parts. Nice ta meet ya ma'am.
    Easy Day

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Esaman View Post
    O_o ...
    Is this thread for proclaiming personal negative biases bordering on bigotry?
    yes
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast