Member Questionnaire 1 (squirreltual)
What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is the kitchen strip light casually glinting from a slowly rolling globule of cheeseburger grease at 3am; and flickering to a syncopated beat against the soft padding of your slippered feet on cold linoleum. It's very subjective.

Love is sleeping in the wet patch.
What are your most important values?
Honesty, love, responsibility.
Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
Yes.
Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
Rich people playing chess and using poor people to do it with.
What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
In real life, serious personal events type stuff; metaphysical stuff; current affairs and predictions.

Online - stupid shit.
Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
Yeah. I kind of neglected and abused my body and now I try make up for it. I had to study some areas to be able to treat myself after running into a lot of inept doctors here.
What do you think of daily chores?
You can stretch them out into weekly chores with enough dedication. When I do them I start to enjoy it, esp. with the right music.
Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
-
What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I can be moved to tears relatively easily, contrary to a popular belief. People make me smile a lot. Funny creatures...
Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
I never haven't felt at one with the environment."Belonging" seems different and only something I've felt at moments in romantic relationships. Like the way another person can feel like home. Probably that sounds spasticated though.
What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
Independence.
What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
Independence.
In what areas of your life would you like help?
Remembering I can ask for help/knowing when to. Other than that I don't know right now.
Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Sometimes I end up on paths that are probably harder than they need to be because I don't know when it would be more profitable to quit. I always feel like I can make anything work. It's a positive in some senses I guess but I can sacrifice a lot in the process without realising.
What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
Honesty. I can get on with lots of different types of people as long as they don't step on my toes or be unecessarily obnoxious. Unless it's the funny kind of obnoxious of course - hence being here on this forum.
How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I don't talk about romance often but I'm really fucking glad it exists.
If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
With a previous partner we figured on homeschooling/enrolling them at a steiner school because of shared concerns about the education system here. Really there's lots of concerns at different age periods but it partly depends on responding to the needs of that individual child as they develop (well, duh).
A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I usually don't care that much. Unless it means they're about to do something crazy like join a cult. Then I'd say "whoa..." etc. For a self-typed ILE I don't feel I care about debating all that much.
Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
I don't know. I try not to. People are a prevalent social problem.
How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
I only have friends I can trust and who I enjoy being around. Other than that there is little to no criteria. They're usually a pretty diverse bunch externally but with similar core values.
How do you behave around strangers?
I mostly hear from others that I don't give away much and can be very abrupt.