Thread: Type me via video, please?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me via video, please?

You've read the walls of text, you've bought the novelty t-shirt, now hear the wall of speech!

http://www.sockshare.com/file/5B46A8E4B1A33E57

Make sure to use an adblock. Can be streamed. Sockshare is because I don't have a youtube and Vimeo thinks I'm a spammer.

EDIT

The funny story I never tell is about the crucifixion town. This guy runs up to you cheering about winning "the lottery". Whatever. So I shot him in the head when he ran toward his freedom. Something about that amuses me.

I guess I'm just a sociopathic serial killer waiting to blossom
    Last edited by some chair; 06-20-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

my phone can't open the file. why no youtube?

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    my phone can't open the file. why no youtube?
    It's a 20 minute video, so I'd need to verify my account with a phone. No thanks.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sup aestrivex

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gul...

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Gul...
    Shifting sands

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Sorry, can't view the video
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Sorry, can't view the video
    What's wrong with it?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Grain of a Song of Sand View Post
    What's wrong with it?
    It wants me to purchase a subscription
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It wants me to purchase a subscription
    Hmm. Did you click "Continue as Free User"? There are two options.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What account? You click "continue as free user", and then you click the play arrow. This plays the video...

Validating my YouTube acount would require giving Google my phone number, which can be linked directly back to me. I don't want to be identifiable within NSA/Google's networks.

It may seem like laziness to you, which is fair enough. Most people don't know about Google's activities. Understand that it's a matter of privacy to me.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i swear i thought you were HaveLucidDreamz with a new username... oops...

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omigawd, it does look like a cross between Gul and Niffweed.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Omigawd, it does look like a cross between Gul and Niffweed.
    that's because it is Gul.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    that's because it is Gul.
    Eh. I would've expected Gul to show more comprehension of socionics.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt watch the whole video to be honest. I think you're intuitive and introverted. I'd say Ni over Ne and lean to the conclusion ILI>IEI. Enneagram 4w5 > 5w4.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OR... we can schedule TinyChat Video Intervention Hour! : )
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by applejacks View Post
    OR... we can schedule TinyChat Video Intervention Hour! : )
    Lol, well, if you run into me on chickenshack, you can observe me in the wild. I still think my excitability and pliability makes me IEI. Who knows. Maybe I'm HA?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    I didnt watch the whole video to be honest. I think you're intuitive and introverted. I'd say Ni over Ne and lean to the conclusion ILI>IEI. Enneagram 4w5 > 5w4.
    I kind of agree but I think it's Ni demonstrative, so I'm going with LII.

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, Demonstrative? Do I seem insincere? My lyrical side was sorely neglected for a while, so I tend to overdo it a bit at the moment while I cultivate a symbology. Or so I tell myself. Maybe I'm doomed to hackdom

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Grain of a Song of Sand View Post
    Hmm, Demonstrative? Do I seem insincere?
    No not at all, but I've found that INFp and INTj can appear very similar at first.. and even after a while. You also seem more technically savvy than a typical INFp.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe you could post some photos as seems quite a few people don't want to go to the trouble of watching/downloading this type of video format, perhaps not as effective, but it's an option...

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sssonyyy View Post
    No not at all, but I've found that INFp and INTj can appear very similar at first.. and even after a while. You also seem more technically savvy than a typical INFp.
    Hmm... and I'm too emotive for ILI?

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Maybe you could post some photos as seems quite a few people don't want to go to the trouble of watching/downloading this type of video format, perhaps not as effective, but it's an option...
    Sure. What's the usual format for pictures for VI?

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There's no guidelines, basically a couple of mug shots, maybe even one where you are with a friend who you get on well with, which can give a type interaction indication.

Unless you meant format for posting pictures, imageshack maybe

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Just click the button "continue as a free user". I don't see the problem many seem to have.

Video > Photos IMHO

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your justification for your choice of hairstyle sounds like a formula you wrote down on a whiteboard and expanded upon over the course of weeks to come to the conclusion you did. Whatever sentiment may have actually arisen within you seems to have been born first out of sheer absurdist cognitive abstraction before being internalized into something meaningful. Any explicit sentimental purpose you've conveyed about your hair growth sounds like it's started out only as a methodically calculated measure, and the internalized meaning of the act only secondary to the abstractions you've devised beforehand. This to me suggests heavy T > F, and NT over anything else.

This line in particular sticks out to me:

"The dynamic fields are about collisions between objects, and the objects are mine, so they're about the way that people relate with things."

Really what I'm looking at here is the entirely of this part, describing IEs and whatnot.

What's key in this for me is how much emphasis you place on formula and theorizing and not personal observation or experience. In fact, most everything you've said in the video is so overly abstracted to the point that any real-world application can only be done in conjecture or pseudo-philosophical improvisation. First create the framework, then look for things that fit into the framework. (/ > /)

None of your explanations about Ni, fields, objects etc. come across as containing any intrinsic meaning to me. They all sound empty words that together create some sort of context by which information could maybe be put, but the information trying to be conveyed itself gets caught up in so much vagueness that all discrete meaning is lost. This to me suggests that your intent is not so much to provide anybody with discrete information about yourself that people can look at and say "oh yeah, he's all about this," an act that has historically caused you much frustration.

In turn, the above observation has me thinking about information aspects, particularly with Internal Objects (Ne and Fe) vs. External Objects (Se and Te). You speak a lot in impressions, internal musings, and frameworks by which these impressions and intangible symbolic maybe-things interrelate. Very little about your video deals with observable and tangible actualities (aside from the fact that you have hair), whereas I would expect Te egos to at least pay some due respect for whatever observed actualities they've picked up and base their conclusions off of them. So given the previous NT conclusion + this observation, Alpha NT seems like the place to be.

As an Ne-dominant myself, I don't see my "every waking moment as a compulsion of creation" either. What you're describing about temperament could be more related to instinct stacking than anything else, of which I'm not sure what yours would be. The many Self-Pres EXXps I've known are infinitely more relaxed and less compulsively active than the Sx or So-firsts. It's also interesting that your entire video has been you essentially mumbling into a microphone without much dynamicism in your facial expressions, yet you don't think of yourself as "laid-back." I know in the past on tinychat I've pointed out how active and herky-jerky your movements and expressions tend to be, and your responses have typically been "this isn't how I really am, this is just an act" etc. Even the more active IPs I've known, despite actively darting their eyes all around the room and yelling at people from 6 inches away, describe themselves as pretty laid back and lethargic on the whole.

(I didn't see the sleep deprivation part until after I wrote that.)

Your "mask without a man" quip is about as accurate of a self-descriptor for you as I can imagine. For this reason I say you're pretty clearly in some Attachment-triad Enneatype, probably something in the 369 tritype region as well. I'm re-humoring as a 9, which would also contribute to your self-perception as a rather idle and philosophically sedentary entity.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, you could not be more IEI, and you pretty much know it. The only confusion is around Ne. Ne is not at all flowy and river like. It is something like image of abstract components and their relation . Different possible configurations of those components are glaring. This is the "possibility" that is talked about in relation to Ne. It is seen right here right now in unrealized form. You on the other hand where talking about process of things/possibilities coming together , collapsing. manifesting, realizing.

There was a question in the video - aproximately "Why am I gleeful when people go "mhuh' at my appearance?"
    Even if you didn't intend for it to be answered here is my go.
    You fancy your state of being a lot, so when people see it with the help of your worked on expression of it and go "hmm, that is something new, different" you go "heh, Didn't think of that?".

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of your explanations about Ni, fields, objects etc. come across as containing any intrinsic meaning to me. They all sound empty words that together create some sort of context by which information could maybe be put, but the information trying to be conveyed itself gets caught up in so much vagueness that all discrete meaning is lost. This to me suggests that your intent is not so much to provide anybody with discrete information about yourself that people can look at and say "oh yeah, he's all about this," an act that has historically caused you much frustration.
    What if I were to suggest instead that I took my beliefs and experiences and grafted some fast and loose Socionics to them so people could have some framework to start from? Talk English to an Englishman, draughts to a draughtsman, and Socionics to a socionist. That's why the explanations sound so vague and empty. I looked up Aushra's description of and say "Huh, this could fit, let's start with this and see if people disagree". (She describes fields as being an awareness of how her "objects" interact with one another, in the case of , those objects are "minds"--not "mine".)

I don't disagree with ILE, nor do I agree, but this argument basically stands on the ground that I know anything about Socionics at all and have any particular opinion to sell.

I know in the past on tinychat I've pointed out how active and herky-jerky your movements and expressions tend to be, and your responses have typically been "this isn't how I really am, this is just an act" etc. Even the more active IPs I've known, despite actively darting their eyes all around the room and yelling at people from 6 inches away, describe themselves as pretty laid back and lethargic on the whole.
    Past tense please? That was a year and a half and a lifetime ago. I was young and that was the act people encouraged from me at school, and the only way I could carve a niche for myself. Nowadays I find myself entrapped in the liberty of inner-city isolation, so I can be more calmly eccentric. In a different way this time, this mask is fake too, but the smile is as real as always.