Thread: Member Questionnaire (Galen rofl)

everywhere at once
    201 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Galen rofl)

What is beauty? What is love
    Beauty is an experience of extreme positive aesthetic impact. Such experience is often projected onto the object or set of objects that trigger such an experience, although beauty in and of itself is an internal process of experiential judgment.

Love is a feeling of strong kinship for a person or object. There are naturally many subdivisions of love, but it would take far too long to list them all and I have no desire to theorize right now so I won't bother.

What are your most important values?
    Emotional well-being, critical thinking and analysis skills, respect for others, friendship.

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    the lion king olololol

I don't have a particularly influential spiritual or religious side outside of what I explained above as beauty. Any quasi-spiritual tendencies I may exhibit are only out of ignorance towards things nobody yet truly knows: the nature of consciousness, presence of a soul, life after death, if God really is a thing, etc.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I'm not a fan of wars that are forged out of misguided information, which I find many of them to be. Seems to me that agreement is difficult to come by when dealing with two (groups of) people with vastly differing ideologies born out of varying cultures, geographies, languages, and whatever else can make two people different from each other. In this way, I don't necessarily advocate for "world peace" because such a prospect would require an even greater movement of global homogenization, both in terms of cultures and natural resources.

As for power, I don't have much of an opinion about it other than it being a measure of influence a person or group has over another. Not much insight I can provide other than "abuse of power is bad, don't do that."

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    a) All sorts of deep personal shit that I ended up getting embarrassed about after the fact. What I want out of life and personal insecurities tend to top this list.
    b) Music, music video games, Japanese language and culture, religion to some extent, linguistics to a smaller extent.
    c) Because formative experiences outside of my control etc.

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Not particularly unless the health/medicine topic is particularly engaging or cool.

I wouldn't called myself very body-focused, although my tastes in food and lifestyle aren't really conducive to poor health.

What do you think of daily chores?
    Uhm, you gotta do 'em sometimes I guess. The only "chore" I do on a regular basis is my dental hygiene routine, but only because I have notoriously shitty teeth and don't want to get more cavities. Everything else is more or less variable depending on mood.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    Favorite movies are as follows:
    Lion King

Not much of a book reader myself, although I do very much enjoy The Giver.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    a) Breakups, stepping on rusty nails, fear about the future, paranoia about my Furby coming to life and demanding that I spend more time with it.
    b) Everything else.
    c) How am I expected to give a realistic answer to this?

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    a) Outside in an open field under a cloudless, light-pollutionless starry sky.
    b) At the arcade with all my other arcade friends.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    People will likely tell you that I'm a pretty pessimistic person, which I would not refute. What I see about myself that's more influential than that though is my sense of competition. As a kid I would put expectations on myself to beat people at video games, card games, bingo, you name it, and when I lost I'd throw giant aspie tantrums. I've since learned to pin down what triggers such impassioned reactions to losing and know how to nip them in the bud when I first feel them swelling.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People often remark about my sense of humor, which kind of surprises me because I only see my humor as a sideshow to what I'm really "all about." People can often be surprised at the level of sympathy I can provide in times of trouble.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    How to "meet people" is probably the biggest one. Networking is a necessary pain in the ass I have to endure, especially for my chosen career path, and it always feels unnatural. A friend of mine remarked about me that I initially come off as rather distant but warm up to people quickly when engaged in a similar interest. Not sure how representative that is among all people who've become acquainted with me.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I need a job to start my career. You have a job? I'd like a job thx.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    The dislike list can get rather long, so I'll instead focus on the positives. Self-confidence not founded in overcompensation, emotional well-being, authenticity of character (as perceived by me), not being an idiot,

Typewise I get on with sx/sp > sp/sx > sx/so > sp/so > so/sx > so/sp, but nobody cares about types so

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Sexuality for me is largely tied with my romantic attraction to somebody, although there will of course be exceptions to this. I'm really only comfortable doing the sex with someone I know and like, the one-night stand thing doesn't appeal to me at all. I get the impression that a lot of guys see sex as a sort of performance, like you have to act to impress the other person and be "memorable." I'm very much the opposite of this strawman I'm perhaps constructing out of thin air.

I'm secretly a giant fucking romantic at heart. Not in the buy-me-flowers let's-look-up-google-for-the-most-romantic-poems-we-can-find-and-parlay-them-to-one-another-over-candlelight way, but being in love and knowing that I'm loved back. Comfort with physical contact is a must, arms-around-waists and all-around-groping and so on are big for me; not necessarily in public spaces, but when the moment is right. I don't mind PDAs per se, so long as they're contained enough to not be gross.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Having kids is completely out of my life purview at the moment, so considering the ramifications of procreating is going to be tricky. I'd likely be concerned with everything, since concern is my middle name. Money, schooling, inoculations, health insurance, puberty, car crashes, etc ad nauseum.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Depends on what the claim is, who's giving it, and what my corresponding belief is. If it's something philosophical in nature and the clash makes some immediate sense despite what my beliefs at the present may be, I might press him to explain his position and have a little discussion about it. If their claim contradicts my direct experiences, I'll probably call the person a doofus and yell at him for a half hour.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    Surely you must mean "societies." Because to make any claim about "society as a whole" is to create a vast sweeping generalization over the whole of present-day human existence, and there are only so many things you can say about all people in one sentence.

So, to which society must I describe my relationship with? The city of San Francisco? The United States? Ronald McDonald House Charities? The only "society" I feel song sort of strong adherence to is the music game community, although it's rather fractured and getting everybody together at once is a pain in the ass.

People as a whole I tend to avoid, I suppose. Talking with strangers is a bit of a drain on me, I rarely ever get much out of it unless the person is actually rather cool. But alas, most people I come in contact with are boring and uninspiring, milquetoast work-a-days lacking in spontaneous expression of personal sentiment or intensity.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    The people that I do feel some sort of immediate sync with are those who seem to have that sort of spontaneous outburst of focused intensity when tickled the right way. I find that I like to push people's buttons in a way, not to tease or annoy but more as a way of poking the embers to see if there's a real fire underneath. People who do have this sort of reaction, or at least what I interpret as a strong focused and intense reaction to such pokings, are the ones I find myself bonding with the fastest and strongest. Most notably, one of my best friends I had first met in a roomshare posting for a music game get-together. Never talked with him before, barely even knew his name. When we finally met, we became best friends in maybe 10 minutes (he's Te-ILI 5w6 sx/sp but nobody needs to know or cares so shhhh).

How do you behave around strangers?
    Usually more on the standoffish side I suppose. I find myself to be a quick judge of character just going off of facial expressions and body language, so if you don't stimulate anything in me that says you're a cool person immediately I tend to turn off. When I am engaged in conversation with a boring stranger I do try to put on my best "yeah okay we're talking this is fun sure" face and go along for the ride, and I'm usually not impolite or anything like that. I do catch myself sort of blocking myself off sometimes, and when I do I try to turn it around and properly engage. It does end up being a bit of a drain if the person isn't responding how I expect, so it just turns awkward from that point on.

what's my type fgts
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl
    It's pretty cool

everywhere at once
    201 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

terrible work there guys

just awful

favor is at an all-time low
    "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl
    It's pretty cool