TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Most of us here have attained post-socionical transcendence, and lost interest awhile ago in socionics as having much useful relevance to our lives.
    I am glad Ashton articulated this, as it is something I have suspected and wondered about. I am sure it doesn't apply to all of the "old people" on the forum, but maybe to a few

In light of this, I would like to offer this question to forum members, new and old:

What are you here for?

By "here", I mean the forum (in case that was not obvious).

I am curious to know the different motivations people have, if they are willing to share. The more specific you can be, the better. I don't know that "because I want to learn about socionics" is even worth posting, but perhaps "why you want to learn about socionics" is.

I also wonder how many actually know what they are here for, or how that motivation has changed over time. I also wonder if any of you have, over time, taken stock and reconsidered what you are here for now as opposed to initially.

Creepy-bg

I'm here because this forum is where all my online friends are (or someplace tangental to here, like tinychat)

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here to be that niggling voice that says 'Socionics has appropriate uses but also limts, so stop being retarded.'

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Socionics is what first got me interested in this forum, but the unique people and overall aura of the forum is what has enabled me to stay.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    I'm here because this forum is where all my online friends are (or someplace tangental to here, like tinychat)
    this

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any more, I'm really here out of habit. My interest in the place comes and goes, based on whether I find anything particularly interesting (be that Socionics in particular or something else). This place is totally a black hole, though; relatively few people manage to fully escape it.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    that
    This and that, as well

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hesitate a lot in writing anything on the forum these days, I even hesitated writing this.
    I more just hit the like or constructive button when I find something is of worthwhile input, useful, interesting, worth sharing or fitting with my thoughts, beliefs or observations. If there was a dislike button then I would push that at times also.
    I'm not sure why I am still here on the forum but I enjoy the many interesting characters here and find that it gives me an extended field of people to analyze, observe, understand and occasionally engage with on a subject which interests me and helps fulfill a need to attempt to connect all of the dots/points/stars/threads into something like a giant non ending spiders web where everything is always up for reevaluation which excites me as does the sharing of this info with those close to me.
    Last edited by Hays; 06-12-2013 at 10:32 AM.