Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Women hate sluts

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Women hate sluts

Even slutty women hate other slutty women and rate them unfavourably as friends.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-0...s-friends.html

^ I thought it was funny they did a study on it.

For the study, 751 college students provided information about their sexual experience and views on casual sex. They read a near-identical vignette about a male or female peer, the only difference being the character's number of lifetime sexual partners (two or 20). When asked about the person on a range of friendship factors, female participants – regardless of their own promiscuity – viewed sexually permissive women more negatively on nine of 10 friendship attributes, judging them more favorably only on their outgoingness.
    Men were all over the place in terms of their preferences for slutty men and generally indifferent, but slightly favouring promiscuous male friends.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

the only issue ive ever had with "slutty" women is when it obviously stems from issues they have and you've gotta keep it a secret from them if you're interested in a guy because they want it to be a competition. that sort of thing. i think those sort of women pass the stigma on to others who just happen to fuck who they want. i'm guessing that this is probably where results like that are coming from.

i don't really give any thought to my friends' sex lives, lol. my close girlfriends do happen to be pretty monogamous, though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excited!

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deestructor View Post
    excited!
    why?

TIM
    SLI 9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

With some naivety perhaps, I kind of want to make every woman read Women Who Run With Wolves then sit down around a fire, exchanging stories and bond without weirdass competitive shit.

I like other responsible "slutty" women. Nicer to be around than sexually uptight and image-anxious people. Although, I wouldn't know which of my friends fit the twenty partner criteria for slutdom, I've never thought to ask.

It's really sad if this is the case because I imagine it can lead to some pretty unhealthy cycles and vulnerable situations for some women. I have a feeling the strength of prejudice dwindles with age/fertility though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    why?

I'm too lazy to contribute myself.I want to see what people say. What crap they'll come up with as a reply. Threads like this always deliver.

@xerx

dude, weren't you banned from typoc for the same topics?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a fairly mundane topic on this forum.

Either way Haight's leaky vagina should never be referenced in vain.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idk. guess it depends on the person.

My friends and I tend to be similar in this aspect: open; have had our slutty moments, tend to prefer monogamy; have an overall healthy mindset on sex/dating.

I avoid people who are extremely vying or very insecure (re: the stereotypical "slut" with daddy issues); they tend to drag around drama like it's their footprint; and create a game of gaining as much attention as possible even if it betrays a friend. Well, specifically if it betrays a friend: it ups the accomplishment.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@xerx

I'm not that xerx.
    It was in the reign of George III that the aforesaid personages lived and quarrelled; good or bad, handsome or ugly, rich or poor, they are all equal now.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, 20 lifetime partners is "sexually permissive"? I believe a lot (not in percentage, but in absolute terms) of women have had 20 partners, and relatively few just 2 partners - in western, developed nations. I don't see 20 partners as sexually permissive, she may have started having sex at 16, had 6-7 boyfriends, a couple of hookups, then got a longer-term relationship at around 28 et voilà, you can easily reach 20.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Women hate lots of things, including themselves.

what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I find it hard to be slutty because I'm so damn picky. A lot of people gross me out.

I know some girls who have had sneaky sex with the guys their friends are currently dating. Ouch. Ironically, these are the girls who seem to slut shame other girls the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    I find it hard to be slutty because I'm so damn picky. A lot of people gross me out.
    Is being slutty being indiscriminatory if they do or don't gross you out? Maybe I should consult dictionary.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think a dictionary can help you with common sense.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratfugue View Post
    You need a dictionary to tell you that?
    Shut up

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make me.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    This is a fairly mundane topic on this forum.

Either way Haight's leaky vagina should never be referenced in vain.
    Scrolling through posts tired and bored, I thought this said, "It's like a vagina in the rain." Yes. Yes indeed. The forum is just like a vagina in the rain. . .

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Scrolling through posts tired and bored, I thought this said, "It's like a vagina in the rain." Yes. Yes indeed. The forum is just like a vagina in the rain. . .
    Old familar forum

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post

Gonads in the lightning, in the lightning, in the rain.

TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    I'd like to point out that I can't find a place in the article that uses "slut" to describe women except in the part where it said

which references the word as a cultural phenomenon. Not as a scientific consensus. Saying

misrepresents the nature of the study, in my opinion. The people doing the research did not study "sluts". They studied the perception of sexually promiscuous individuals. They did not call women "sluts" in the article. Calling them that would imply a negative value judgment and goes beyond the boundaries of the research. Your wording implies a value judgment on the subject matter that doesn't actually exist within the article.
    I didn't know the word had such a negative connotation to you, dolphin. I didn't mean it that way and I'm sorry if that's how I came off. Honestly, I've always just used it interchangeably with promiscuous as a stronger, more visceral version of that word, and applied it to both genders in my post.

In my circle of friends, people often use "slut" to describe themselves - casually, and in a playful manner; I'm even well acquainted with people who marched in the Toronto "Slutwalk" whose intent it was/is to reclaim that word.

As for the article's scientific veracity, I find it's better to be sceptical of any research that's based on self-description. There could be many reasons why subjects are reporting negative feelings towards these women, not least of which may be social pressure to conform to a certain acceptable standard of sexual conduct.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i like the idea of reclaiming the word. i don't know of any word that describes a woman who fucks a lot that isn't derogatory or clinical sounding ("promiscuous?") so there might as well be one. slutwalk was awesome. i planned on going but i don't remember what happened; i think i just missed the date.

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i like the idea of reclaiming the word. i don't know of any word that describes a woman who fucks a lot that isn't derogatory or clinical sounding ("promiscuous?") so there might as well be one. slutwalk was awesome. i planned on going but i don't remember what happened; i think i just missed the date.
    I feel the same way. I can't recall ever using the word as an insult, though I'll use it jokingly. I'll even joke on myself for having "slutty moments"

I also have no issues with promiscuous women and do not view promiscuous behavior as a negative quality in a friendship. I remember my ex throwing a fit over a friend I had because he thought she was a "whore" for sleeping with his friend right away and didn't want her behavior rubbing off on me. He would call her all sorts of horrible things, and we'd fight about it all the time. He would get so pissed when I would go out with her... he'd end up blowing up my phone the whole night; he even went as far as to show up at the club we were at once. So glad I ended that.

My ex told me that he had run into my boss at a bar after we had broken up and said she was really coming on to him. I just laughed and said "its fine, she can have you". He then got upset that I was being so nonchalant about it. I'm really cool with my boss at work and it didn't change anything.
    Last edited by fox; 06-04-2013 at 02:04 AM.

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

I hate the word "pussy"... it brings to mind a puss filled vajay

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i like the sound of the word "slut." the soft, slurry beginning and the hard dropoff at the end. but i'm not really attached to it and maybe it has too much history.

lol @Fireyed, ew.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don't think I've heard a woman say that in real life; tc doesn't count Ok, my brother, who goes out every weekend, told me he has.

Jealous, judgmental, stuck up, full of themselves, crude, rude women do this, upset about things other than the other person's sexuality, even an honest woman may call someone this.

How do I feel about this? I don't like it and it's wrong.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 06-04-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I don't hate sluts..... if they get me in some sort of bad situation, I dislike anyone. I think people can go through slut phases and that's all fine and dandy with me.

I've gone thru periods where I thought sluts were a lot of fun. I think it's the way that some desperate men respond to them that's a lot more disgusting, tbh. Sex isn't a moral issue, as long as it's fairly consensual.

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing wrong with sluts. Sluts are great. I like the world sluts too. It's a great word. The word should not be considered demeaning in any way either.

We live in the 21st century now. Condemning female sexuality or general sexual promiscuity was originated from the church and societal patriarchy which we can and should be dispensing with by this stage.

I support 100% the newer feminist movements that proudly brandish the "slut" moniker and take back their power and place in the world as sexual beings. Women no longer need to wear burkas and they should also not be afraid to remove the psychological burka of sexual shackles similarly if they so choose. Anyone that condemns this freedom can go back to their church and pray or something.

It sickens me that if a woman wants to fuck 20 guys, she gets this term placed on her in a derogatory way. If a man chooses to do the same, he gets a reality show, money, fame and respect (*cough* Brett Michaels Love Bus *cough*).
    Last edited by Finale; 06-05-2013 at 01:10 AM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Finale I like the world sluts too. Snap.

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    @Finale I like the world sluts too. Snap.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440812/

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Creepy-male

Just seems like a study on sex and envy to me.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

well... it's also worth noting I think that, women that age (20something, in college) have a lot of insecurities anyway (like anybody else; not based on their gender), what do they really know about the world? So a test that says they disapprove of slutty women... many women just give into society's stereotype of them, and since it's less socially acceptable for a woman to slut around then a man, they might judge them negatively.

Progress tends to be slow because people don't like change... people would just rather 'fit in' and most women are going to accept their lower status unfortunately. Even the word 'woman' comes from man. And man is shorter and easier to type. poor women. =p

also feminism is good for us for the other way around, too. When one side is discriminated against too much, people don't think that 'type' is capable of any abuse which is just bullshit. They just become victims... And it also reminds me of how common it is for gay males to view other gay men negatively. It really boils down to the fact that people's brains are still straight men > everything else in a very deep subconscious way.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the very words that we use to define people have built in biases which is interesting you know. So our very identities and who are we, from the time we are born or realize who we are, we get placed in a social hierarchy.

Since that is unavoidable, I really hope we all become rich white straight men with our own golf courses. equality yay!

FORE!!!

Creepy-male

Yea I see your point but I look at it slightly different -- power is usually looked at through the lens of masculine archetypes -- the male king, or male king of gods, or male god. The notion of higher female nature is usually ignored, there is very little focus on the "goddess", queen, or innocence of women.

A guy can fuck thousands of women and he's still considered to be innocent and powerful, the moment a woman has sex with thousands of guys they are considered slutty, dirty, or loose their power and innocence. I tend to think this is because of both jealously on the part of women and men. The men want to naturally be the first to have sex with a girl and dominate the girls world sexually, so the fact another guy has been with them can detract other men's interest in her -- they just want to fuck them and get some too, but hardly want to be with them as a person or partner. The women view themselves as better on the basis of their purity and innocence and view the other girl as being loose and having no standards, either because of their interaction with men, fathers etc, or in order to play to the man's interest.

I think its bullshit on many levels, a lot of people think sex sullies or dirties a person but really boundaries are already pretty fluid. The matter that makes up one's body is not the same matter that your were made up as a child, cells die, skin sheds, muscles and tendons change their shape, neurons reform, digestive cycles change, matter is taken in to build new proteins and matter and chemicals and expelled. The form of the body isn't a result of something static and unwavering but rather a dynamic equilibrium of expelling out the old and building the new. The body is in a constant flux of change, so sexually the idea that a man dirties a woman from having sex with her is somewhat male-centric, when in reality the female body itself is part of its own dynamic equilibrium and while sex may influence those changes and fluxes, this is no big deal as almost everything is already influences these fluxes. Being exposed to stimulus in society in terms of sight, sound, touch, and ideas is constantly shaping us in these dynamic equilibrium we are forced to choose how that stimulus affects us... is the idea something we take to heart or reject, etc? Many people that have a lot of sex early on it may simply be there time to shine sexually, and later in life there partners will fall off and they will deteriorate, other people will only grow from it, and some will take later than others, and other people have simply just not have sex. All are perfectly fine options, but everyone has there story arc or time and their choices. In terms of relationships I personally think its more important how those story arcs intertwine or connect with each other and the dynamic fluxes of one's spirit (conscious) and material body fit into that (I'm a dualist). Hopefully you catch onto what I'm saying, because I've thought about this a lot, and to me this is the only solution -- its very typical for early relationships to fail, its almost impossible to get things right the first time and just have a single straight shot at things. I think many of the guys who jump in early to fuck women are not necessarily the best men themselves but they are the most eager. If you think innocence is better than well as a guy you're forced to accept this amazing pressure of prospect that either men are constantly dirtying women or you need to find an innocent woman and dominate her world, which is an entirely male-centric viewpoint and demands you get things right the first time and before everyone else does. I think it just makes more sense that in the course of a life people's dynamic flows change and people intersect at certain times, I think if the women is really worth it in the moment her past shouldn't matter, just the present nature of her femininity at that moment and how that relates to the man's masculinity at that moment, as the past is connected to the present and directed by the will or nature of the individual themselves. I think society in many ways tends to disregard the will of nature of the woman in the process and focuses way too much on the will of the man. Sure while a man is sexually that vital spark or ejaculatory energy, the women still has the analogue of ovulation, but its more subtle and internal and less overt. And both men and women over time will loose that vital spark and fade away and some will simply burn out, its just nature, everyone has there time, no single individual is special to the sands of time.

TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    Seer
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Apparently this didn't apply to Caesar.

TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

lol
    http://www.salon.com/2013/06/04/do_p...etter_friends/

(same study, different angle)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast