Thread: Type my friend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my friend

So, my friend and me apparently have the same type SEI (she did some tests), but we are quite different.

Here is her short description about herself: I´m a friendly girl who likes to communicate with others and talk about life, relationships and worldwide problems. I like to see everyone being happy and I hate quarrels. Usually in case of a quarrel I try to stay quiet and invisible. I like listening to music a lot and release stress by doing the things I like such as doing sports, spending time with friends. But sometime I just want to forget everything and go for a walk in the forest alone and think my own thoughts. I like playing piano, travelling generally exploring the world and mind.
    I have a very bad habit called eating. I´m an emotional eater and eat all the time even when I´m not hungry. Also I´d like to add that I sometimes loose my temper, but that doesn´t go far usually. When I´m angry I just try to cope with it. I´m quite critical to myself so I sometimes underestimate myself.

These are just facts I asked her, these weren't in her description originally, but I thought these might help:
    I love reading books, attending to cultural events and being part of them.
    I can sometimes act quite crazy with my friends, in a good way.
    I am very conscientious.I usually start to clean when I get fed up with all the clothes lying around so I start to clean because I don´t like dirt. As the matters of money and work I tend to be always organised, especially money.
    I plan alot and follow my plans.
    I am never late.

Her first test result http://www.sociotype.com/tests/result/ost/8728

My thoughts:
    She likes sport a lot more than I do.
    We both like to eat
    She's alot more organized.
    I am more expressive, I am bubblier, I laugh and I like small-talk more.
    I like to cook, she doesn't (or rather, she can't really cook).
    She is usually quite serious/doesn't smile a lot/doesn't really have big expressions on her face.
    If she doesn't like/understand something, she isn't afraid to say so.
    I'm more into art, she's more into literature.
    I am lazier, more prone to comfort.
    She doesn't care as much of what people think, she is more opinionated.
    When I started learning MBTI a looong time ago, I thought she was ISTJ (didn't know her that well then), she kinda agreed.
    I am more optimistic, she is quite optimistic too though.

I basically forced her to do this and at times I felt I was more intrested in knowing her type than she herself was. haha

All help is appreciated, feel free to ask anything
    I really hope someone can help and bring clarity to this.
    (I am so excited to know her type that I can't sleep )
    Last edited by Strawberry; 06-04-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Om. Yes.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

yeah, she's SEI, like you.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

She sounds like she is a woman. And if you are like her, you sounds like you're a woman too . Or in other words, the things she and you state all sound like stereotypically female things. I don't really see them as being very type related or specific. Well, apart from this one sentence:

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry quoting her friend View Post
    But sometime I just want to forget everything and go for a walk in the forest alone and think my own thoughts.
    I use to be into socionics a long time ago and have since forgotten nearly everything, but since I got back sometimes I remember things. I remember that apparently one distinction between and in practice is the purpose of walks. valuing and having types when stresses go for walks or engage in activities for the view, for the bodily sensation like I don't know, a massage or something. It's an important aspect of the stress relieving behaviour, the focus and purpose. valuing or having types on the other hand engage in them for the thinking. The view and bodily sensations are completely irrelevant, it's their thoughts, ordering them, going through them, that is the focus.

What are her weaknesses, in what real world situations does she stumble, try hard yet fail and repeat the same mistakes over an over? If you are able to notice such things. Perhaps complaints other people have had. Or objective interpretations of her efforts, like she consistently fails to deliver and yet always has excuses about it.

Also are there things where she seems stereotypical? Fake if other people who don't really like her or care about her were to describe that behaviour of hers.

And regarding how she views the world, her informational interpretations of things, am I wrong when I say that she perceives object and things as they are and not sensations and states of them in the world around her. Like it's food not taste, lumps of clothes not messiness. I sort of got that mild impression (very mild) beneath all that stereotypically female (IMO) behaviour both of you presented.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tropski Bolest View Post
    She sounds like she is a woman. And if you are like her, you sounds like you're a woman too . Or in other words, the things she and you state all sound like stereotypically female things. I don't really see them as being very type related or specific. Well, apart from this one sentence:

I use to be into socionics a long time ago and have since forgotten nearly everything, but since I got back sometimes I remember things. I remember that apparently one distinction between and in practice is the purpose of walks. valuing and having types when stresses go for walks or engage in activities for the view, for the bodily sensation like I don't know, a massage or something. It's an important aspect of the stress relieving behaviour, the focus and purpose. valuing or having types on the other hand engage in them for the thinking. The view and bodily sensations are completely irrelevant, it's their thoughts, ordering them, going through them, that is the focus.

What are her weaknesses, in what real world situations does she stumble, try hard yet fail and repeat the same mistakes over an over? If you are able to notice such things. Perhaps complaints other people have had. Or objective interpretations of her efforts, like she consistently fails to deliver and yet always has excuses about it.

Also are there things where she seems stereotypical? Fake if other people who don't really like her or care about her were to describe that behaviour of hers.

And regarding how she views the world, her informational interpretations of things, am I wrong when I say that she perceives object and things as they are and not sensations and states of them in the world around her. Like it's food not taste, lumps of clothes not messiness. I sort of got that mild impression (very mild) beneath all that stereotypically female (IMO) behaviour both of you presented.
    Thank you for answering
    We both sing in a choir and we had a concert today, so I saw her and asked some of these questions. It was the ending concert of this season and some older singers leave the choir, so it's actually a sad event. I cried/had tears in my eyes 5 times in total, I think.... She didn't cry at all, I even asked her later about it. One more thing - in between the songs some girls read poems/song lyrics, at that time I thought that I can't imagine her reading a poem very emotionally.

When I asked her the purpose of her walks in the forest, she said that thinking and ordering her thoughts is definitely the reason she does that.

I can't really think of anything... I don't know, if you meant this, but one thing does annoy me. When you criticise something about her, she sometimes doesn't even react (I'm sure she heard) or has a really annoyed face on or gets really irritated. She herself criticises things quite a lot.

You're not wrong, I also asked this from her, she said that yes, she rather sees things as they are, not as sensations.

I don't know, if this helps, but I've noticed, that she can find practical solutions to things very quickly. She notices the problem and offers a very practical solution right away.
    Last edited by Strawberry; 06-04-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    More constructively, I'd rather interact with your friend directly to type her, or have photos at the minimum for VI.

Trying to type her based on what you say, is already screwing the process by biasing the information that you perceive as important to point out. Secondly, without any interaction, I can't measure any responses, which is truly the essence of typing, in seeing how one perceives information and reacts to it. Otherwise this thread is just a theory-fest of overgeneralized stereotypes regarding mundane behaviors.
    Yes, I am completely aware of that... At first I actually told her to register and post a thread herself, she said she doesn't want to and asked, if I could do it instead of her. I will ask her again.

As for photos, she doesn't have any up on the internet. I'll ask her, maybe she'll send me a few

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I can't really think of anything...
    This is what I meant, the low dimensional functions description. Can you notice any such behaviour on her part?

At this point my shallow impression of your friend is LIE. Although LSI makes sense as well.

I don't know, if this helps, but I've noticed, that she can find practical solutions to things very quickly. She notices the problem and offers a very practical solution right away.
    Is she into it or is she correct? Or differently put, did she find a solution of did she know one?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello!

Hello!
    I`m Strawberry's friend who she has been talking about. I've finally decided to make an account on my own on this site. I have to admit that I´m a bit suspicious of some things here but I think I will just cope with that. I´m ready to answer all of your questions because I actually really want to find out which type I am. One thing for sure is that I´m definetely not going to post any pictures of me here but I think we can figure things out the way that everyone will be pleased.
    Please comment on my post to help me figure out more about myself
    Bye

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Welcome, Symphony! Thanks for joining.

And yes, it should be enough to type you based on how you express yourself, with no pictures needed (although they do help).

What do you like to do for fun?

What are you good at?

What are you bad at?

What's your favorite memory of the past?

What are you looking forward to this week?

Boxers or briefs?

Let's begin!
    Mostly I like to fool around with my friends, act like we would't normally. I think that all my hobbies (singing, playing piano and doing sports) are fun as well, otherwise I would't do them obviously. Like, what are hobbies for if not for fun, right...
    It is very hard to tell you in what I´m good or bad at. I don't see myself the way others do, but I think that I´m good at my hobbies, well sports I do just for myself not for compeeting with others. I'm quite good with children, not like when they're 1-3 years old but on I truly like them because they really star to understand what you´re telling them. I´m good at memorising things, I´ve got good short-term memory, this is the way I pass tests in school But in real life I just sort out neccessary information. Well then when I speak about what I´m bad at. Definetley handling computers. Computer class is the worst in my opinion at school. Other electronic machines I can usually handle but all those Microsoft Exel, Powerpoint and so on, not for me!!! I think that I stress too much about things that actually are not to be stressed about. Sometimes I might react in the way I regret afterwards, lately I have started to apologise to them. I have to say that it is quite hard for me to tell what I really feel to the one's I care about, it's easier with stragers.
    My favourite memory of the past is last summer! I had been going to this athletics training for 2 years already but this one camp last summer changed my hole life. I noticed the people I had't before. How wonderful they are and right now I can't imagine my life without them. I had the best summer of my life. We spent so much time together and I felt so happy. I never have thought that I would miss my friends after 2 hours of being apart. But that's exactly how it was. During schooltime we had't had so much time to spend together so I´m looking forward to all the summer ahead.
    This week. I'm having an exam in maths. I hope that I´ll do it well and get a beautiful 5 It's taking place on Friday so I should be learning but well I start with some things too late, but as I mentioned before I have good short-term memory so I'm counting on that.
    Boxers or briefs? Helllooo, did you like run out of questions or what.....!!!??

TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you seem to be alpha

maybe ese or sei

imo your writing is static

Ex: Static (vs dynamic) :this is a style of writing and talking .it is Fragmented and episodic , i went to place x, did b,then Met y, reminded me of z....etc.
    Last edited by CarnageRemains; 06-05-2013 at 06:52 AM.

You two seem to be embroiled in a young schoolgirl + -ish atmosphere. Living a life of pleasant emotions and sensations and extending them to each other and your fellow man. Experiencing life and the possibilities it has to offer. I'd say you both live in an alpha atmosphere for sure.

@Strawberry I'd say alpha SF, ESE over SEI, with IEI as a possibility, befause of this:

When you criticise something about her, she sometimes doesn't even react (I'm sure she heard) or has a really annoyed face on or gets really irritated.
    I think you're one of those people that keeps pushing it until you get a reaction. The kind that encourages people into action and expression. I think this behaviour is so second nature to you you don't even notice it. In that it's as natural to you as breathing. If true to me that signifies a focus on information in one's psyche coupled with high energy levels. Or differently put dominance. And because both of you seem to be in an excessively alpha atmosphere I'm going to assume you're the one causing or contributing to it and say alpha SF for you. If I'm wrong, then I think you might be IEI.

@Symphony I'd say dominance, LSI with LII as a possibility. I think you place a preference on how you're living your life and not other people. I think you, much like Strawberry, focus on living your life and not on occupying your time with an abstract representation of one. I think you see things in front of you as what they are and employ them accordingly to produce the desired impact. As a consequence you then know that you're good with children, good at memorizing things, bad with computers and so on.

And relating to a post in another thread on this forum, do either of you think you were robbed of your childhood? As you two seem to lead such active lives and I doubt that was your own choice.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tropski Bolest View Post
    You two seem to be embroiled in a young schoolgirl :Fe: + :Si: -ish atmosphere. Living a life of pleasant emotions and sensations and extending them to each other and your fellow man. Experiencing life and the possibilities it has to offer. I'd say you both live in an alpha atmosphere for sure.

@Strawberry I'd say alpha SF, ESE over SEI, with IEI as a possibility, befause of this:

I think you're one of those people that keeps pushing it until you get a reaction. The kind that encourages people into action and expression. I think this behaviour is so second nature to you you don't even notice it. In that it's as natural to you as breathing. If true to me that signifies a focus on :Fe: information in one's psyche coupled with high energy levels. Or differently put :Fe: dominance. And because both of you seem to be in an excessively alpha atmosphere I'm going to assume you're the one causing or contributing to it and say alpha SF for you. If I'm wrong, then I think you might be IEI.

@Symphony I'd say :Ti: dominance, LSI with LII as a possibility. I think you place a preference on how you're living your life and not other people. I think you, much like Strawberry, focus on living your life and not on occupying your time with an abstract representation of one. I think you see things in front of you as what they are and employ them accordingly to produce the desired impact. As a consequence you then know that you're good with children, good at memorizing things, bad with computers and so on.

And relating to a post in another thread on this forum, do either of you think you were robbed of your childhood? As you two seem to lead such active lives and I doubt that was your own choice.
    I'm sorry I didn't answer your last post... I was just too lazy to read the whole text about the low dimensional functions, sorry about that.
    I think she rather finds a solution, but it's better to ask her about that.

OMG, you're totally right about me being one of those, who push people to get a reaction! At first I thought, that it doesn't really sound like me, but later I understood I am just like that. I sometimes annoy my sister (ESFp, I believe, my typing skills aren't that good so I might be wrong though) so much that she gets really angry at me. I like to show my affection to people physically so I hug and kiss her a lot, but she hates this kind of stuff. Although I know it and I can see her getting annoyed, I still continue until I get a reaction. This is just one example, I do it quite often, actually. But usually with people who I'm really comfortable with, who I know won't start hating me because of this and who don't take it really seriously... Well, my sister really doesn't have a choice, she has to live with me anyways >:D But what surprises me is, that I didn't really know or notice this about myself, but you knew it! Amazing. And well, I've thought about ESE and generally, it does sound like me, but I've never thought about myself as extrovert and I've always thought I'm more irrational... So I typed myself as ISFp Fe subtype.
    I read the article through and I totally agree about everything that's written there. It's crazy nowadays, like children are some things to boast about. You aren't really caring for the child, you're just being really egoistic if you want your child to be better than other children and feel good because of that, you're not really thinking about your child. I think my mom did that to some extent. I mean, I really was never really forced (I was rather 'guided') to do anything, but if I did better than others, my mother ALWAYS told about it to other moms, so that they would feel jealous. She still does it and I really hate it. If I do worse than others, she will be really dissapointed. I really dislike it, it's like whenever I am not THE best, she always asks about it and nags me.
    I guess I rather 'robbed' my own childhood. When I was really young (3-6 yrs) I loved everything about nature: I watched ants building their nest, I watched birds, I liked the feeling of wind, I really loved animals (I even liked insects, which I hate now). Everything about it seemed so magical and fascinating, I played outside a lot. Life was quite simple then. When I grew older, I started to see so much questions around me and I picked up reading. I didn't go outside anymore, I just read and read and read indoors all the time. I asked my mom so many questions that she didn't really know how to answer to them and I guess she was already tired from my questions, so she bought me a book about questions children ask. I liked it a lot. At that time I didn't really use a computer, I was rather scared of it. Later, when I started using a computer and a whole new world opened for me. It was so much simpler and easier than searching answers from a book and you could find much more interesting things in the internet. So most of my childhood passed by being behind a computer. I really regret it now, I wish I had gone outside instead of that. Because I didn't do any sports, I didn't move practically at all and didn't sleep much, my health is quite weak now too. Even now, it's 2.30 AM and I am sitting behind my computer. I have an exam today, I'm quite confident about it (although I haven't really studied anything), it's Maths, which I'm quite good at. I felt like I really needed to answer to you though, otherwise I would've felt bad and it would've started bugging me at night, so that I couldn't been able to sleep.
    Sorry, if this text is a bit confusing at some parts, it's quite late :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello again!
    I' would like to thank all of you who bothered to answer me! I'll get straight to the point Now, I read all the types you guessed I could be and I have to say that I'm a mixture of ESE and LII. My friend had the same opinion although before she had told me that I can be only one type. Please let me know if it is possible to be two types at a time?
    One of you thought that I have a robbed childhood. Well I have to say that it is not true. Only thing that my parents have forsed me to do is sports and right now I'm actually very grateful for that. Other hobbies I have chosen myself, actually I chose sports myself as well but there was just a time I got tired of it. I can't imagine my life without the things I do. In the past I also took dancing classes but then I just did't have any time for that so I had to quit, it was really devastating for me. So I hope that I don't have to give up anything I do right now.
    As you can understand I really have a dilemma whether I can be two types at a time so I'm really looking forward to your replies!
    Symphony