Thread: Meat Lovers Thread

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Meat Lovers Thread

For those who are getting the meat sweats thinking about incredible meats.

Post your meats and accompaniments here.

A nomgasmic Cote de Bouef

Washed down with a super rich Argentine Malbec

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Filet mignon, prepared with rosemary and thyme and finished with a light pepper crusting

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something magical about a nice cut of meat (say, New York) and searing over charcoal. The flavor and texture is just unrivaled!

As an aside- funny meat story...
    Well, we finally secured enough budget last year to get us a decent Christmas dinner party for our office. We picked a real 5-star quality restaurant which offered the usual chicken, fish or steak choices for each guest.
    Over half of the employees chose the steak option and several of them sent it back because as a rare, THICK and juicy steak, it was "cool in the middle"

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw that steak Finale posted, my mouth just shot water. TBH I'm not much of a red meat fan because to me, the flavor is too strong but I'll be damned if there is nothing more orgasmic than a new york strip grilled over some charcoal. Ok I'm getting that for dinner.

lol ok i just basically said what finale said. Great minds think alike.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    When I saw that steak Finale posted, my mouth just shot water. TBH I'm not much of a red meat fan because to me, the flavor is too strong but I'll be damned if there is nothing more orgasmic than a new york strip grilled over some charcoal. Ok I'm getting that for dinner.

lol ok i just basically said what finale said. Great minds think alike.
    Hi, my name is Jessica and I squirt.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mouth is a huge squirter for good food.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In memory of this thread tonight I had a rib eye steak and a half bottle of malbec. *tiny meat sweat dance*

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I love pecking duck, rabbit, venison, some kinds of wild game hen.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

This thread is teasing me as I currently can't eat meat other then cooked .

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I love pecking duck, rabbit, venison, some kinds of wild game hen.
    Yeeeeeah ... I too love it while it's still pecking ...

I can't stand wild game. It tastes so ... gamey. And it all tastes the same to me, I can't tell a deer from a rabbit. But then again, all fish taste the same to me as well. I can't tell the difference between fresh and salt water fish. Perhaps I just don't have the pallet. Or just can't appreciate good things.

I'm curious, what kind of meat do you, the people reading this, eat, dry meat (basically raw meat) or cooked, grilled etc. (prepared meat)? I mostly eat dry meat. But I also have access to my own (fresh) meat.

And the meat on the pictures here looks awful to me. I don't see how it can make anyone's mouth water. And frying bacon why would anyone do that?

Oh, and a funny story related to meat. In a way. When I was a child me and my sister were visiting our grandparents. Small village. And this local child was playing with my sister. We were all small children at the time, under 10 I would say, 7 or 8. This other girl had a problem with the chickens my grandmother was keeping. Apparently they were making to much noise. She went to the coop and started one by one to put them to sleep. She would grab them by the neck and twist snap the neck. She put half of the chickens "to sleep" before my grandmother stopped her. We then had meat as a result of that. This thread reminded me of that incident.
    Last edited by Tropski Bolest; 05-30-2013 at 09:46 AM. Reason: images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tropski Bolest View Post
    This thread is teasing me as I currently can't eat meat other then cooked .

Yeeeeeah ... I too love it while it's still pecking ... Attachment 1997

I can't stand wild game. It tastes so ... gamey. And it all tastes the same to me, I can't tell a deer from a rabbit. But then again, all fish taste the same to me as well. I can't tell the difference between fresh and salt water fish. Perhaps I just don't have the pallet. Or just can't appreciate good things.

I'm curious, what kind of meat do you, the people reading this, eat, dry meat (basically raw meat) or cooked, grilled etc. (prepared meat)? I mostly eat dry meat. But I also have access to my own (fresh) meat.

And the meat on the pictures here looks awful to me. I don't see how it can make anyone's mouth water. And frying bacon Attachment 1998 why would anyone do that?

Oh, and a funny story related to meat. In a way. When I was a child me and my sister were visiting our grandparents. Small village. And this local child was playing with my sister. We were all small children at the time, under 10 I would say, 7 or 8. This other girl had a problem with the chickens my grandmother was keeping. Apparently they were making to much noise. She went to the coop and started one by one to put them to sleep. She would grab them by the neck and twist snap the neck. She put half of the chickens "to sleep" before my grandmother stopped her. We then had meat as a result of that. This thread reminded me of that incident.
    You're sick.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I love pecking duck
    That sounds difficult to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoney View Post
    You're sick.
    I guess I am a bit desensitized. A friend of mine, when she was very small, wanted to teach puppies to swim in a big bucket . She regrets that very much now.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Preston has trouble maintaining romantic relationships. His sister Melanie's a defense attorney whose clients include a man who believes that he is in love with a cat. Their brother Christian is the black sheep of the family who has created his own religion, The Berlians of the New Order. Now, the three must come together in The Meat Shall Inherit to settle their late father's estate and fulfill his bizarre final request. In the process, they'll contend with the odd facts of their strange upbringing and respective situations in this dark comedy about family, traditions, religion ... and cats.

Anyway, I thought Gammas being Si averse can't eat food. What the hell? My entire "world view" is crumbling here.

I can't tell the difference between fresh and salt water fish. Perhaps I just don't have the pallet. Or just can't appreciate good things.
    They're going to taste the same. Location doesn't matter - species and their food sources do.
    Last edited by Absurd; 05-30-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I am a bit desensitized. A friend of mine, when she was very small, wanted to teach puppies to swim in a big bucket . She regrets that very much now.
    You misunderstand. You're sick for not appreciating red meat. I don't care about cocks and bitches.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    That sounds difficult to eat.
    lol it was making fun...eh..Yes not very many people get my jokes

it's really a Peking Duck, but whatever.

Yeeeeeah ... I too love it while it's still pecking ...
    ^he got it
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI - Fe 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steak carne asada w/ a Long Island Iced Tea

The trickster is at one and the same time creator and destroyer, giver and negator, he who dupes others, and who is always duped himself.

TIM
    IEI - Fe 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She went to the coop and started one by one to put them to sleep. She would grab them by the neck and twist snap the neck. She put half of the chickens "to sleep" before my grandmother stopped her. We then had meat as a result of that. This thread reminded me of that incident.
    How old was she?
    The trickster is at one and the same time creator and destroyer, giver and negator, he who dupes others, and who is always duped himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    They're going to taste the same. Location doesn't matter - species and their food sources do.
    When I tell people they always seem shocked. Like, I understand you not liking fish but how can all fish taste the same stuff.

lol it was making fun...eh..Yes not very many people get my jokes

it's really a Peking Duck, but whatever.
    I think that was a joke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
    How old was she?
    7 or 8 I think. I think it was normal for her for her parent to pop round back and “fetch” a chicken.

And I LOVE red meat! I think it's awesome!

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meat is not a fucking joke.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

When I tell people they always seem shocked. Like, I understand you not liking fish but how can all fish taste the same stuff.
    You're taking stuff you say for granted without knowing anything at all about the person you aim it at.

First off, I'm not shocked nor have been shocked but I might be reading what you come up with next,

Secondly, fish and me are really tight friends - I eat them,

Thirdly, I wrote there black on white you won't find differences when it comes to taste based solely on the location you got the fish from (freshwater vs. saltwater). Black on white again, in case you're suffering from temporary blindness. Feeding habits of fish, in fact, do produce what one calls a different taste. It's self-explanatory that fish feeding on different type of food are going to taste different and many species do. As a side note, salmon and stripped bass being the same anadromous species are going to taste the same irregardless of the location you caught them in.

So no, not all fish are going to taste the same. And once again, location doesn't matter.

Of course I could misread what you meant there and people(?) you talk to don't know either.
    Last edited by Absurd; 06-01-2013 at 01:57 PM.

I am confused by you. Is this the appropriate response to your post?
    Gah, like ... whatever

Or this?
    Weeeee, joking, we are joking!

Or something else entirely? Are you interested in a discussion or are you just being absurd? I have to say, in general I can't read you, where you're going with things. I feel like I'm watching an illusionist performing tricks. Confounded I am.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am confused by you. Is this the appropriate response to your post?
    Gah, like ... whatever

Or this?
    Weeeee, joking, we are joking!

Or something else entirely? Are you interested in a discussion or are you just being absurd? I have to say, in general I can't read you, where you're going with things. I feel like I'm watching an illusionist performing tricks. Confounded I am.
    A day without sunshine is like night. I can't get anymore absurd.