what is essential is invisible to the eye fox's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

Default Which one are you?

And which one would you prefer to be? Which one do you find more attractive?

Quote Originally Posted by jxrtes View Post
    betas should be kept in zoos for children to stare and throw pop corn at.

Creepy-bg

I would prefer to be a female at 50%.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently I'm between the 45&50% ones.
    My ideal is the 35% one. Anything less than that makes me look sick.

Guy wise, while i think the 15% looks the hottest, I tended to avoid that type (except once). I prefer a bit of cushion in the arms before feeling the hard muscles. But not flabby. I prefer the kind of body that is built from and used to physical work rather than an impractical physique obtained through the gym.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    SLI 9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    I prefer the kind of body that is built from and used to physical work rather than an impractical physique obtained through the gym.
    +1
    Looking hot incidentally makes it seem much more masculine.
    I prefer the rugby player build with a beer belly - muscular but with a nice layer of body fat.

I had my body fat measured at 10% about four years ago. Although I ate a really clean diet, I still think there was some error since there were none of the effects you would expect from it. And I was wiry but definitely not ripped like that picture. I tried to dough up a bit and am probably more around 20% now - it's hard to go on the pictures. I don't really care what I am, as long as I don't die first in a famine.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using this calculator: http://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html my body fat is 23% - and the pics don't seem too far off for an estimate. I'm happy with it.
    Last edited by squark; 05-27-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: small mismeasurement

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the 15-25 for dudes.

I'm probably in 20%... Cuz my butt.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like 15% in guys the most. no idea how anyone could find pics before that attractive at all, they're gross :X

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm around 9% fat so yeah, something like the 10-12 guy.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the 20-22% bodyfat pic the best for females, and I'm about 23-24%, I think. I could stand to tone-up a bit.

TIM
    ILI/INTp
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I don't look like any of these people o_O I'm an impossible body type!

TIM
    SEI 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm closest to the 25% female and quite good there. The one below it is pretty good too, as is the one above. I think as long as I'm in the 20-30 range I'd be happy.

As for the guys, 10-20% is a good range. That 15% guy is probably the nicest. The ones below him make me think of boring clean eating and hours at the gym. I'd rather have a more relaxed guy than that.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm like 25-30ish I guess.
    Idk.

I'm quite happy with my weight tbh. I could lose a few lbs sure, and definitely tone up...but I think the lowest I'd go is 20%. I think my ideal weight would be a toned 120 lbs, and right now I'm a non-toned 128 lbs.

As far as guys, 15-20% seems good.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

females: 15-17% is my ideal. It's hard to say where I am because for some reason weight gain or loss doesn't affect my microscopic boobs at all. The wild guess is 25%

males: between 15-20% is good, less than 15 look like plastic and more than 20 is too fat.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I belong to the 20% category (perhaps less, but not very muscular, anyway). The women with 20-35% look most attractive to me.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    4w5
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm at 35% (female), going down to the 30% would be nice.

As far as the men go, 15-25% ftw.
    Last edited by senza; 06-13-2013 at 12:59 AM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not shallow i only care about person's inner beauty cos every1s beautiful within derp
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Fi/Te 6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

about 35%-40%.

these women have different body types besides just the weight so its not an easy call. i have smaller arms and thighs but a squishy stomach and i'm bigger than the 30%.

i think 30% is the best looking but part of that is the lighting, her muscle tone, her natural body curves, etc.

the guys in the middle row look the best to me. the 35% is okay with the distribution of it.

Mermaid with Stellar views SyrupDeGem's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh hmmm... interesting. So i had a browse. Took this test to calculate body fat percentage...

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

says 26.99 but i'm sure i'm more as am short and it does not request height, my bmi was calculated as 25 at the clinic which is borderline between average and overweight.
    Actually i think there is a danger in these tests, gross miscalculations can be made etc. I think it's not hard to tell by the way you look and how much energy you have etc.

I found more pics. The overly muscley people are incredible to look at... seem alienish... i don't think i could find that attractive... i'm not even sure it's accurate... Bruce Lee famously had an almost non existant percentage of body fat...guesses between 1%-5%

The pictures only seem to account for people from average weight to obese... not from underweight/slight build.
    Last edited by SyrupDeGem; 06-12-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to eat everyone else for dinner and then have ALL the bmis

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25-26%...lol

Now this is a story all about how, my type got changed, turned upside down. Just wait for a minute and watch chatbox right there, & I'll tell how Gem became the moderator with blue hair.

In typology central friended and praised, on the picture thread was where she spent most her days. Chilling out, selfies, relaxing all cool, And all typing some people and getting them schooled.

When a couple of girls who were up to no good, Started annoying her & her friends in the forumhood, She got in one little flame war & got pissed off & said 'I'm moving in with that exboyfriend in the forum with the socionics toffs.

So Gem pulls up to the forum for a year without being a hater, And yells to typocentral 'Yo creeps! Smell Ya later', Became a mod in her kingdom she was finally there, To sit on her throne as the mod with blue hair.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    oh hmmm... interesting. So i had a browse. Took this test to calculate body fat percentage...

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

says 26.99 but i'm sure i'm more as am short and it does not request height, my bmi was calculated as 25 at the clinic which is borderline between average and overweight.
    Try this one: http://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html It has height.

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... according to one of those BMI calculators I'm 17.4% body fat, but that lady looks quite a bit thicker than me. The one Gem posted is actually a lot closer to my body type.

I think the 15% male looks the best.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm somewhere between 25 and 30%.
    As for guys, I sometimes go for really skinny ones... the types that bruise the insides of your thighs. O__o

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a 25% for gals and I like the 20% for guys.

On Geminatronix's I'd say I'm 17-18% and like 14-15%.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Brilliand's Younger Sister
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    And @Geminatronix, this is the one I use: http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/
    I don't like bmi, but this one also gives a height to waist ratio, body fat%, and bmr.

However, a better calculator would be one that included height with wrist or neck. Wrist would be better, though. Using the wrist, an approximate bone density is calculated based on light thin bones up to the heavier thick bones. But one of the easy ways to check that is to take the thumb and middle finger of one hand and wrap it around the wrist of the other. If they significantly overlap, you've got the thin light bones. If they touch or barely overlap, it's medium avg bones. And if they can't touch, then it's the thicker heavier bones.

Though, personally, I agree that what's more important is the person's overall general health, and not their numbers. Numbers are just good for checking for minor changes as an objective feedback thing, but even better is checking for minor changes in specific health related issues.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Probs 10%-12% or whereabouts; I took a video still of me running through a vocal take, I set it as my avatar for fucking everything because it looks like I'm screaming nonstop, don't even gotta bust out the caps lock no more:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like bmi, but this one also gives a height to waist ratio, body fat%, and bmr.

However, a better calculator would be one that included height with wrist or neck. Wrist would be better, though. Using the wrist, an approximate bone density is calculated based on light thin bones up to the heavier thick bones. But one of the easy ways to check that is to take the thumb and middle finger of one hand and wrap it around the wrist of the other. If they significantly overlap, you've got the thin light bones. If they touch or barely overlap, it's medium avg bones. And if they can't touch, then it's the thicker heavier bones.

Though, personally, I agree that what's more important is the person's overall general health, and not their numbers. Numbers are just good for checking for minor changes as an objective feedback thing, but even better is checking for minor changes in specific health related issues.
    Oh hah, that one puts me at 25.9% body fat, the one posted before put me at 26.9 with the wrist measurement but interestingly idid the finger thumb test and they don't meet (really close to meeting, just shy). This would explain why people of larger body build appear to weigh less. E.g i went to the gym with a friend of mine approx the same height but she has more fatty mass... my measurements on waist and hips were significantly smaller yet i seemed to weigh notably more.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, a better calculator would be one that included height with wrist or neck.
    the one I posted has height, neck, waist, hip measurements. So far nobody seems to want to try it though lol. I think it's pretty accurate.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the one I posted has height, neck, waist, hip measurements. So far nobody seems to want to try it though lol. I think it's pretty accurate.
    Oops, as I was initially writing that post, I had "(like squark's)" after "neck". I forgot to put it back in after I rearranged and editted. Sorry.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did do it i just forgot to post the result, it was around 30%... likely most accurate... but it was a bit confusing as i had to put it all in feet and inches (for waist and hips?!?) rather than just inches... which was strange.

InvisibruJim

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Geminatronix View Post
    I did do it i just forgot to post the result, it was around 30%... likely most accurate... but it was a bit confusing as i had to put it all in feet and inches (for waist and hips?!?) rather than just inches... which was strange.
    yeah, a little odd. there was a metric tab too where you could use cm for everything though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as men go, being fat is unhealthy and sometimes nasty. But when veins bulge it's ugly and when muscles show without flexing (like a 6-pack) it shows the person has stupid hobbies and would be uncomfortable to lean against.

Using this calculator: http://www.calculator.net/body-fat-calculator.html my body fat is 23% - and the pics don't seem too far off for an estimate. I'm happy with it.
    This says my body fat is 16.2%.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Exercising is a stupid hobby?
    Too much is. I'm in favor of people staying in shape, but 6-packs really are unnecessary unless you're a mountain climber or a soldier or a superhero.

ESTj
    1w2 sp/so 1-2-6
    Squishy's Older Sister

Johari Nohari

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

attracted more to females at 20-25 percent.

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They all look the same to me, except fatter and thinner

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

BF calculators suck? Eh haven't checked those ones - unless they are for skinfold calipers, although I think they are +/- 2% accuracy.

i got a pair of skinfold calipers, then I realised the mirror worked better, then I realised elasticated waistlines worked the best

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just got tested. 10% body fat, but I was dehydrated so that number is probably lower
    You can do anything with a bayonet except sit on it.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Female, most attractive: 25%
    Male, most attractive, 15-20%
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned