Thread: Figure these people out: 1

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default Figure these people out: 1.

Person 1. What kind of a person says this, as in why would they say this and what does it say about them:

"The wind is my enemy"?

Person 2. What kind of a person praises a cousin, saying "Good job Joe!" when the "job" they are referring to wasn't a job but rather a friendly jester; the "job" was buying concert tickets for the whole family and the person praising is a cousin/family member.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

as in Person 1. is a hypochondriac (cast some judgement pls)
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Person 1. What kind of a person says this, as in why would they say this and what does it say about them:

"The wind is my enemy"?
    Someone who has allergies/hayfever.
    Someone with sensitive skin.
    Someone with hair that knots up at the slightest puff of air.
    Someone who dropped a stack of papers outside.
    Someone trying to avoid the campfire smoke.
    And so on.

Person 2. What kind of a person praises a cousin, saying "Good job Joe!" when the "job" they are referring to wasn't a job but rather a friendly jester; the "job" was buying concert tickets for the whole family and the person praising is a cousin/family member.
    The kind of person that hadn't even thought of such a gesture.
    The kind of person that was there when the idea was brought up but was too lazy to get them him/herself.
    The kind of person who likes to praise people, or somehow acknowledge or validate their efforts.
    Might be someone being sarcastic, too.
    And so on.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Someone who has allergies/hayfever.
    Someone with sensitive skin.
    Someone with hair that knots up at the slightest puff of air.
    Someone who dropped a stack of papers outside.
    Someone trying to avoid the campfire smoke.
    And so on.

The kind of person that hadn't even thought of such a gesture.
    The kind of person that was there when the idea was brought up but was too lazy to get them him/herself.
    The kind of person who likes to praise people, or somehow acknowledge or validate their efforts.
    Might be someone being sarcastic, too.
    And so on.
    Nice
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Someone
    I'm starting to think you and I are the only ones interested in making judgements on said things. Weird, I thought there were more Fi around here...
    -

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to think you and I are the only ones interested in making judgements on said things. Weird, I thought there were more Fi around here...
    I don't consider it a judgment. I didn't form an opinion on anything, just listed some possible contexts for those sayings.

Also, it's only been about three hours or so since you posted it. And it's late, even in our time zone. ;P
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

"The wind is my enemy"?

I don't think this can mean anything. We're not Final Fantasy creatures with elemental strengths and weaknesses as much as that disappoints me. So that person isn't so much weak against wind as they are in that moment, something to do with wind bothered them... but it seems to be a circumstantial thing and something you cannot analyze or label onto their character.

A person trying to be inspiring and encouraging but really they struggle with sadistic and sociopathic tendencies. Charmers secretly feel like they're frauds.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maritsa, I am person 1 and that is a direct quote.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

making assumptions about people based on limited information is different than making feeling judgements.

the first one, nothing really comes to mind. sounds like a catch phrase for a video game character.

the second one makes me think of either a really extroverted but lonely and awkward person or someone being sarcastic.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    So this thread is just another one of Maritsa's retyping things? Ugh.

Abbie, would you describe the circumstances surrounding why you said that the wind is your enemy. Not for retyping purposes, just cuz I'm curious, and can add it to the list of possible reasons why soeone would say that. If you'd rather not, no prob.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"The wind is my enemy"?
    One who farts.

Getting the whole family together to attend something? Sounds like a miracle.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Ok so the first one I thought was someone who centers the world around their ego because notice how he said "the wind is MY enemy" differentiating the processes and identifying the ones that are out to get them, something like a readiness to defend themselves. This was my coffee guy at the farmer's market. I think he's LSI. To me the wind is just a wind, a part of a natural process; if it blew something away that I didn't like, I would just say "boy, I wish it were a less windy today."

The above makes sense that this would come from an Se valuer includes the ability to know how much power, force, or influence is latent or required.

The second one is my cousin. She sent this text to my dual after having noticed that I sent a text to my dual giving her appreciation and thanks for having purchased 8 tickets to the concert. I thought, well, why give her praise now, especially after having noticed that I just did it and it came to mind that she's the type of person who likes to tilt the power dynamic back towards her? My appreciation txt was "Os, thank you so much for buying the tickets; you're so wonderful and I love you."

@lungs, I thought she may have been sarcastic, but really, why?
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

lol I've never heard to say this.
    -

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

The second one is my cousin. She sent this text to my dual after having noticed that I sent a text to my dual giving her appreciation and thanks for having purchased 8 tickets to the concert. I thought, well, why give her praise now, especially after having noticed that I just did it and it came to mind that she's the type of person who likes to tilt the power dynamic back towards her? My appreciation txt was "Os, thank you so much for buying the tickets; you're so wonderful and I love you."
    Maybe she had been wanting to, but got distracted and your text was a reminder?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Maybe she had been wanting to, but got distracted and your text was a reminder?
    I sent my text with one of those group replies on accident, so it just seems like maybe she wanted to join in on giving her praise too. I give acknowledgement and consideration to my cousin because she feels like she does so much and really doesn't want anything back from people other than some love; the thing is that this other cousin isn't the type of person who would normally care much about making verbal acknowledgements and this was a very odd circumstance.
    -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Abbie, would you describe the circumstances surrounding why you said that the wind is your enemy. Not for retyping purposes, just cuz I'm curious, and can add it to the list of possible reasons why soeone would say that. If you'd rather not, no prob.
    The wind is a force that often makes a mess and hinders my travel. It is chaotic and, worst of all, impossible to fight back. Throwing something at the wind could just get yourself hit in the face. Punching it, blowing on it...nothing can stop it. It gains nothing by being the way it is; it just wants to swirl past you and throw sand in your face. And all you can do is hide from it. Infuriating.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I told her the same thing when she asked me. I've said exactly that before.

PEROSON ONE IS APIRATE

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    And this is how Socionics works. Two bodies in unison speaking the same speak, joined together by nothing than sheer love for Socionics.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Yeah, when I asked you, I thought it may come from the coffee guy I typed LSI and I just wanted to know if that was a possibility; and, I think asking you was sort of a confirmation.
    -