Thread: SLE/ESTp - Function Analysis

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default SLE/ESTp - Function Analysis

Alright, I translated this so that it doesn't sound like Russian Babblefish bullshit. Here it is! Note: I use "he" as an article simply because it is easiest.

1. program function:

The ESTp is a decisive person, who is capable of demonstrating forcefulness if the situation calls for it. He will obtain victory at any cost. The more obsticles the ESTp encounters on the way, the braver and more active he becomes. He is extremely confident in his abilities; doubt and uncertainty are unknown territory to him. He is often skilled in the area of estimation (whether it be of physical qualities, or the abilities of others) He always likes to have the last word in conversation. Often times, he gives ultimatums. He also knows exactly how to find the weakest point in his enemy. If he is not successful by attacking the enemy head on, he will then try to attack from either the side or the rear. Frequently, he acts in the Third Person.

2. creative function:

In his mind, he checks different plans of action, and chooses one depending on which is most logical, given the situation. He keenly manages tasks. He knows how to coordinate people together in order to acheive a specific goal. Each person knows their place under the ESTp's command. He coordinates their combined actions confidently. He only checks major and important points, without investigating within too much detail. He is interested in the result, rather than the process. He tries to explain everything in a simple, to the point, and effective manner. He understands the logic in other people's actions very well. When non-standard, illogical situations arise, he is lost.

3. role function:

Periodically, he becomes pensive. He withdraws into his head, and reflects over the prospects of current situations and newly opened possibilities. Forcing himself, he attains what others consider impossible. Boldly, he snaps into defense when others question his abilities and talents. He considers himself to have an unusual mind, in comparison with others. He sees each situation as one whole part. Any current matter is reconstructed flexibly if it lost prospect. With people he knows well, he demonstrates his erudition and fundamental knowledge. However, he doesn't want to be seen as having the role of the patron or Maecenas.

4. painful function (PoLR):

He has difficulty establishing personal relations with people in nonformal situations. He can be intolerant and obstinate in his relationships, and is inclined to dictating matters. He does not believe that there can be clean, platonical relations between others. Frequently he declares that he has equal relations with everybody. Nevertheless, he still has favorites, as well as enemies. He only relates well to people who respect his friends and speak out against his enemies. He constructs himself to a system of ethical values, which frequently don't align with what is considered conventional. He does not dwell over personal obligations. He does not easily release himself from those who he has developed deep relations to. He attempts to in every way possible to make them dependent on him, rather "to tame."

5. suggested function:

He greatly enjoys it when receiving messages of a good outlook; whether it be positive forcasts, or faith of good things to come in the future. He gets irritated by superstitions, as well as any sort of pessimism. He becomes calm and relaxed within the presence of light, non-problematic contact and an optimistic world view. If a particular matter does not involve time restrictions, but if a final solution depends on it, he will decide whether to continue with it, or bring it to an end. His rigid disposition becomes softened without the strict boundaries of time. After suffering a number of utter defeats, he begins to think about his fate, and will can turn to religion for hope.

6. activation function; "Hidden Agenda":

If he is brought to a certain point, he can easily break down in a merciless fury. In such times, he cannot control his anger. Along with this, he can be very reckless. He loves competitions and noisy gatherings, where it is possible to be weakened and discharges emotionally. He loves a raised mood, especially when it is inspired by others. Often times, his emotional state depends on the emotions of the people who surround him. He loves to listen to music. This creates "sincere equilibrium."

7. controlling function:

One of his cherished desires is true comfort, and good material conditions for life. He attempts to ensure this condition for itself, as well as a loved one. Without this, he feels as if he is not realized, by lack of luck. He does not respect sickly people, or those who are physically weak. He is always proud of his ascending physical condition and beauty. His health often declines because of personal neglect. He is offended if others consider him a weak, ugly, or an unhealthy person. According to him, external looks are either unimportant, or emphasized as a symbol of status. He has developed his own feeling of aesthetic taste. He is strongly prone to the physical instincts, particularly sexual. He always satisfies his physical needs before his spiritual ones.

8. standard function:

He is a good owner, who knows what to do with current matter. He benefits from all enterprises. He rarely saves money, and does not value small sums of cash; he is thrifty only with large reserves. He has handicraft habits. However, with a large working load, he will hire people, who will create his own personal profit. He loves to govern complex technology in extreme situations. People also are checked within this matter, and he will throw those who are not trained "to float" into the open ocean.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Russian! Hallelujah!
    Good job, Herzy... I'm going to translate a Strariskeyvavsduygsdlhbf (you know) ENFJ profile after my courses end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3 ESTPs
    INFP

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in chess, sometimes the quicenspeef is applied to the opponent's jordik leend, for higgropated effects.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    in chess, sometimes the quicenspeef is applied to the opponent's jordik leend, for higgropated effects.
    You contribute nothing to anything. Ever. Save criticism against others attempts at learning and teaching. You're like the Flood on Halo.

McNew is the sentinel army (he wants to get rid of you), and I am Master Chief (I'm shooting you down on my way through life).
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4. painful function (PoLR):

He has difficulty establishing personal relations with people in nonformal situations. He can be intolerant and obstinate in his relationships, and is inclined to dictating matters. He does not believe that there can be clean, platonical relations between others. Frequently he declares that he has equal relations with everybody. Nevertheless, he still has favorites, as well as enemies. He only relates well to people who respect his friends and speak out against his enemies. He constructs himself to a system of ethical values, which frequently don't align with what is considered conventional. He does not dwell over personal obligations. He does not easily release himself from those who he has developed deep relations to. He attempts to in every way possible to make them dependent on him, rather "to tame."
    i would have to agree with the bold. this is very much like my SLE ex husband. these were sticking points in the marriage. for good or for bad, i refused to be dependent. he could not make me dependent. and he could not make me do things. although his code of ethics had logical consistency within itself and he would not violate his own code, in the larger scheme of things, he was shady.

re: the Ne section: this may not be true for all SLE's but a weak point for my ex was his low confidence in theoretical "book" learning. Ne is a weak point for SLE's but you don't explicate many here. they don't see hidden possibilities very well. they mostly see others' weaknesses and underestimate their strengths. they don't see abstract connections well. they generally lack flexibility in this area.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The SLE can be whatever it wants to be.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Haikus
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want one inside of me. Is that so wrong?

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not really. It's the laws of attraction.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    No, not really. It's the laws of attraction.
    I don't think Newton formulated it exactly that way, but hey
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newton can go get ass-raped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ESTp - Function Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by introspectivedolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Alright, I translated this so that it doesn't sound like Russian Babblefish bullshit. Here it is! Note: I use "he" as an article simply because it is easiest.
    He does not dwell over personal obligations. He does not easily release himself from those who he has developed deep relations to. He attempts to in every way possible to make them dependent on him, rather "to tame."
    ROTFL at "Russian Babblefish bullshit".

I'm really curious, could you elaborate on this? How do you make other people dependent on you? How do you "tame" them? .............I have a hard time picturing anyone "taming" me.......or are ESTps are more subtle than I think?
    i think estp's can be shown and follow logical connections up to a point. i do think they themselves are untaimable to an extent, which is necessary for them to function in life.

i think they mean well overal. i think all "finished products," are or try to be the "programmer," to an extent in the quadrants.

lefty
    enfj 4w5