Thread: Post music with a description

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post music with a description

Often when I go through music threads, I feel like I'm not getting anything out of them. It's too impersonal just to embed a song on a post. I want to hear why do you want to share that song, what does it make you feel like and what you find fascinating in it.

Maybe you'll actually listen to someone else's song instead of just posting your own.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's something I was thinking.

Just recently Queens of the Stone Age started to put out teasers from their incuming album. These songs are shorter versions of the songs that will be on the album with animations that collaborate thematically. Genius. Normally if I'd hear a band cutting their songs in half, I'd say that they are radio-friendly pussies, but there is always the way to do it right. Generally I'd say Queens of the Stone Age is the music you should listen while speeding on the highway with a classic American car while receiving head and cops on your tail. Or maybe I've been playing too much GTA with this song. Here's one of the five songs:

Here's the five of them:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f49yRhJ0NjI
    Last edited by Aquagraph; 05-24-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just listen to the songs the people I like post, it works pretty well for me. Great song btw
    Easy Day

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    I just listen to the songs the people I like post, it works pretty well for me. Great song btw
    Sooo.. You like me?

Sorry, had to.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The link to the five other ones is broken. (Check the formatting.)

This randomly came up on Spotify radio. I think it was because I listened to Vivaldi's "La Folia." It caught me off guard. It starts with silence interrupted by some sort of percussion that sounds like a metal chain being dropped on the floor in some medieval cathedral. A mandolin comes in, plays the main theme, and then is joined by another percussion instrument that sounds like the earth moving. Then a violin-type instrument (I think it might be a viola da gamba) that then dances with the other instruments. It becomes more and more playful and bouncy and flirty, but still maintains its earthiness. I image La Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre-Dame dancing to this in a dark crevice of Paris.

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between weeks or months of obsessing about one thing or another while emotionally low-key or unavailable come shorter periods when art and music start truly working for me again. Which I do (over?) use. Out of many things I enjoy, these two songs stand out as being similar and triggering a couple peak experiences each. The important features being -
    Growing (in the beginning) intensity of fairly uniform and singular music full of details. Signifying or at least cohering with realization of particular static, comprehensive, timeless perspective.
    Song of open uninterrupted and accumulating Fe about sad, doubtful wish transitioning in to resolved hopefulness through giving up to feeling.
    Sounds straightforward but it is the qualities of the songs that provided critical mass to blow my mind and set some baggage on fire.

I mostly prefer music without words, but language I do not understand works too. Not a fan of the character design in the second video.
    Enjoy high pitch and youtube quality is not the best for that.

[/QUOTE]
    [/QUOTE]

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Maybe you'll actually listen to someone else's song instead of just posting your own.
    You just posted your own.