Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should You Work Out Today?

The answer to this question is usually "Yes." But sometimes it's better to skip. So here is a helpful infographic to help you decide.

"How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, because I cycled 140 kms yesterday
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fireyed View Post
    Yes, working out while recovering from the flu is not a good idea... I've tried before and failed miserably.
    I can barely walk when I have the flu, lol. I once went to the gym after having been in a car collision that morning. It was on the highway at around 65 mph and I experienced a crushing pain in my chest upon impact but I was all in one piece with nothing noticeably wrong with me. I wanted to work off the stress from the incident. I was fine at first doing some free weights, but then I almost collapsed while trying to do dips. Apparently, I had bruised my ribs. Didn't go back for about three weeks.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't like working out.

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like my sister, haha. I once convinced her do a work out tape with me and she complained the entire time like she was about to die. She only did it for two days, but then kept whining the whole week about her ass feeling like it was on fire. lol

I actually love the feeling of sore muscles.
    I actually like the feeling of sore muscles, too. Most of the time, working out is just so boring. I've tried audiobooks and that zombie app but meh. I can do actual work when I have something to keep my mind occupied at the same time. For instance, doing fieldwork is a lot of manual labor that left me very, very sore, but I was also distracted and trying to find things and fix things and pay attention to detail.

I dunno. I'm sure it'll bite me in the ass someday, but what do we say to the God of Exercise? Not Today.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like something I would have done. Once you get into the habit of working out regularly, the most frustrating thing is not being able to because of health issues. You get really addicted to the endorphins.
    Yup. I get really antsy when I can't work off the energy somehow. The rest of my life is pretty sedentary so I need an outlet.

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxOnStilts View Post
    I actually like the feeling of sore muscles, too. Most of the time, working out is just so boring. I've tried audiobooks and that zombie app but meh. I can do actual work when I have something to keep my mind occupied at the same time. For instance, doing fieldwork is a lot of manual labor that left me very, very sore, but I was also distracted and trying to find things and fix things and pay attention to detail.

I dunno. I'm sure it'll bite me in the ass someday, but what do we say to the God of Exercise? Not Today.
    Get an iPod and put some stuff that rules on it!
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*gasp* I just realized that I can not follow those lines logically and end up in "Fine, take a rest" every single time!
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised version:

„Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    You did go to the ER after the incident, yes?
    Not immediately afterwards. I was very stupid. I only really felt much pain in the moment of collision. I felt all the air in my lungs escape and the force of the seatbelt and airbags against my chest. I did see the EMTs who gave me a quick once over and checked my heart rate and BP and any external signs of damage, but there was nothing apparent. I went to the hospital that night, though.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    *gasp* I just realized that I can not follow those lines logically and end up in "Fine, take a rest" every single time!
    Gasp! You can also follow the lines logically, end up at "Go work out!", and STILL not work out! Because it's just a stupid picture!

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    Gasp! You can also follow the lines logically, end up at "Go work out!", and STILL not work out! Because it's just a stupid picture!
    It might be a simplistic one but I liked the attitude. And I like yours too.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't need to; my physique was personally sculpted by the hands of God.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deestructor View Post
    Don't need to; my physique was personally sculpted by the hands of God.
    let's see

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I work out outside where I see people regularly and dogs; that is a good enough motivator to go to the same spot and run my butt off.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html