Thread: Schitzofrenia and Model-A

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Schitzofrenia and Model-A

Does anyone have any theories regarding type dynamics and causes of schitzofrenia?

I suspect it has something to do with internal conflict between opposing functions. It may also be related to actualization of ones own internal mechanics and letting go of perceived reality, but I am not certain of this.
    -Slava

What a great replacement for a nany

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Psychotic disorders (like schizophrenia) can emerge as defense mechanisms in id-block undifferentiated individuals. Model-A doesn't consider the possibility of undifferentiation in the psyche, so it is unable to include psychotic disorders in its range of phenomena.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be similar in any way to the overthrow of a government by an opposing quadra?

Like in V for Vendetta :wink:

I would conider The Church of Scientology to be americas ID in a way.

So I guess ENTJ's can make me schitzofrenic.
    -Slava

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey now! I was making that test for you like you asked, but never got done with it. Sorry about that.
    -Slava

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Schitzofrenia and Model-A

Quote Originally Posted by Slava
    Does anyone have any theories regarding type dynamics and causes of schitzofrenia?

I suspect it has something to do with internal conflict between opposing functions. It may also be related to actualization of ones own internal mechanics and letting go of perceived reality, but I am not certain of this.
    Hi Slava, does this topic interest you?

I think that I have traces of schizoprenic behaviour due to my upringing. Extreme emotional control was exerted on me without hope of letting go and with extreme threats being made to my very survival. I t proved too much and a prat of my brain cracked, I can point these things with pinpoint accuracy in both time and physically in my head, I know the exact place in the brain where schizophrenia lies.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Psychotic disorders (like schizophrenia) can emerge as defense mechanisms in id-block undifferentiated individuals. Model-A doesn't consider the possibility of undifferentiation in the psyche, so it is unable to include psychotic disorders in its range of phenomena.
    I actually agree SOMEWHAT with TC on this.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shizophrenia is a mental ILLNESS, not a disorder. I have never read anywhere of psychologists or psychiatrist stating that there is a relationship between mental illnesses and psychological or personality type, and I myself don't think there is. However, there does seem to be a relationship between psychological types and psychological DISORDERS, such as the Shizotypical and Shidzoid Personality Disorders. This site (the16types.info) mentions such relationships, although I have seen other relationships on other sites.

Theodore Millon (www.millon.net) is well known for his system of relationships between personality style and disorders.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult
    Shizophrenia is a mental ILLNESS, not a disorder. I have never read anywhere of psychologists or psychiatrist stating that there is a relationship between mental illnesses and psychological or personality type, and I myself don't think there is. However, there does seem to be a relationship between psychological types and psychological DISORDERS, such as the Shizotypical and Shidzoid Personality Disorders. This site (the16types.info) mentions such relationships, although I have seem other relationships on other sites.

Theodore Millon (www.millon.net) is well known for his system of relationships between personality style and disorders.

What do you think of Jon Nash?

As to schizophrenia as a disease, if stress continues for a long time it leaves permanent damage. I am reading a book on schizophrenia and they don't have physical cause for it.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Nash was a schizophrenic INTP. He started out with an IQ of 180, then when the illness hit, the cognitive affects harmed his IQ like it does with all schizos... and it went all the way down to 160!!!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    What do you think of Jon Nash?
    Who the hell is Jon Nash?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Beautiful Mind
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha, joHn nash.What about him? He surely was schizophrenic, but what is it you are trying to say?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    John Nash was a schizophrenic INTP. He started out with an IQ of 180, then when the illness hit, the cognitive affects harmed his IQ like it does with all schizos... and it went all the way down to 160!!!
    What caused the disease do you know?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha, joHn nash.What about him? He surely was schizophrenic, but what is it you are trying to say?
    NAsh's wife is ISFP, in my opinion that might have soemthing to do with that.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Nash was a schizophrenic INTP.
    I don't know if this statement makes sense: there might be a relationship between BEING INTP and having Schizoid or Schizotypical Personality Disorder. These two disorders have behavioural symptoms that can be seen in Schizophrenia as well. But the question is: is Nash indeed an INTP (by birth) or does he just look like an INTP, because he has schizophrenia? I think individuals with several mental illnesses are so overtaken by their illness, that it might completely overshadow their psychological type, which then besomes invisible.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of his son by Alicia -- Johnny Nash, also a schizophrenic mathematician who lives with his parents -- the elder Nash said, ''It's almost as if a demon might have passed from one host to another.''
    The demon could be person perhaps? Isn't it strange that father and son are the same, with no apparent reason?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His wife? Are you saying she being ISFP and perhaps emotionally unstable has caused him getting schizophrenia?

She's the one that stood be him when other people deserted him. For crying out loud, I think she even remarried him after he got better! From the documenatries I've seen on him ( I haven't seen the movie) he owes her the world!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this statement makes sense: there might be a relationship between BEING INTP and having Schizoid or Schizotypical Personality Disorder. These two disorders have behavioural symptoms that can be seen in Schizophrenia as well. But the question is: is Nash indeed an INTP (by birth) or does he just look like an INTP, because he has schizophrenia? I think individuals with several mental illnesses are so overtaken by their illness, that it might completely overshadow their psychological type, which then besomes invisible.
    Nash seems INTP to me, he become schizophrenic in a clinical sense after marriage.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His wife? Are you saying she being ISFP and perhaps emotionally unstable has caused him getting schizophrenia?

She's the one that stood be him when other people deserted him. For crying out loud, I think she even remarried him after he got better! From the documenatries I've seen on him ( I haven't seen the movie) he owes her the world!
    You should marry an ISFP then She will save you for sure, eventually.

REad The Count of Monte Christo to see what ISFPs mean by "saving you".

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nash seems INTP to me, he become schizophrenic in a clinical sense after marriage.
    What are your sources? I hope it's not just the movie, is it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Causes? Who really knows the cause? People get paid millions of dollars to find out that answer.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not saying he's INTP because he's schizophrenic, I'm sayig he's INTP because he seemed INTP to begin with.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Causes? Who really knows the cause?
    Well, already correlations have been demonstrated to a couple of genes. Now genes by themselves don't cause diseases, but apperently they are slowly putting the pieces of the answer together.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Causes? Who really knows the cause? People get paid millions of dollars to find out that answer.
    A pluck businees isn't it: they have been looking for it for a century or more and can't seem to find it? Why is that? Even the discovery of AIDS took only 10 or 20 years.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reasons it's so complicated is because schizophrenia attacks several parts of the brain, and it has a wide number of systems. They origianlly thought schizophrenia had something to do with dopamine, but now they're trying something else... I believe it's called glutamine or something like that...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reasons it's so complicated is because schizophrenia attacks several parts of the brain, and it has a wide number of systems. They origianlly thought schizophrenia had something to do with dopamine, but now they're trying something else... I believe it's called glutamine or something like that...
    I know exactly what it has to do with, I think I said that I can pinpoint it in the brain. It has little per se to do with any specific hormone.

I am not showing off or anything, but as the most autistic person in this forum I can say more about these sort of thing than many.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly what it has to do with, I think I said that I can pinpoint it in the brain. It has little per se to do with any specific hormone.
    Perhaps the fact that this is a little understood illness, is exactly the reason why we should refrain from trying to link it with personality typing. It's okay with personality disorders, because these are far better understood.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly what it has to do with, I think I said that I can pinpoint it in the brain.
    o rly?

Have you done MRIs or something on patients?

Then, enlighten me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the fact that this is a little understood illness, is exactly the reason why we should refrain from trying to link it with personality typing. It's okay with personality disorders, because these are far better understood.
    Well, Nash has been hospitalized forcefully as a schizophrenic. I had the same symptoms before, I am one too. He might not be INTP, I can't prove that. Could be INTJ, I don't know. But his symptoms and mine are very similar, but his are more severe.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know exactly what it has to do with, I think I said that I can pinpoint it in the brain.
    o rly?

Have you done MRIs or something on patients?

Then, enlighten me.
    Yup, I have done it on myself.

By the way, by schizophrenis I mean what John Nasg has, there might be other ailments people have that might be labelled schizophrenic, but I ma refering to John NAsh very specifically.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS: my game theory prof thought the same.