Thread: Type you appreciate most in a vacuum

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type you appreciate most in a vacuum

This was inspired by Park's Ron Swanson thread. I think SLI's are the most attractive type. However, I fear I am their conflictor. This would not be a problem if we had no work to accomplish together. So which type is the most attractive to you without considering intertype relations?
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A strong component of attraction is compatibility. With that in mind, my dual is probably the most attractive type. The other component (looks) isn't type related.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    A strong component of attraction is compatibility. With that in mind, my dual is probably the most attractive type. The other component (looks) isn't type related.
    Yes, not talking about looks. And I agree that compatibility is an important part of attraction. But I love that element of contrariness exhibited by SLIs. However, if I had to sign them up for my management training course (see Ron helps April video) I would eventually get annoyed at them for that very trait (contrariness.)
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Yes, not talking about looks. And I agree that compatibility is an important part of attraction. But I love that element of contrariness exhibited by SLIs.
    You're weird.

( Although I'm pretty sure Ron Swanson isn't SLI

closer to Logic/Resolute/Irrational imo

but I don't care about typing anymore... so whatever ).
    Last edited by xerx; 05-17-2013 at 04:38 AM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure it makes any difference regarding the type of an individual once they've been flushed out the airlock.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

again, I agree, my conflict type is very attractive because they have no problem in starting and being in a committed relationship. Most have grounded and solid moral values, albeit a little off the wall and unconventional in their moral and spiritual approach, however that makes them look very reliable and consistent. Where, my duals want reliability and consistency, some are unable to produce that themselves. Ah, I sometimes like how much fun it is to be with someone who isn't too introspective, is more about just the surface experience. I like that they notice me for what I really am, even though they strive to help me be stronger, which is that I'm delicate, tiny, and that they want to protect me because of how I look.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si-LSE men
    Fe-IEI women
    Ne-IEE both
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whichever type didn't moan about being stuck in a vacuum all the time.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I greatly admire Se-doms from a distance.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen positive and negative examples of mostly all the types. I tend to enjoy more positive people, with can-do attitudes and enthusiasm. And of course, I don't want pettiness, too much drama, selfishness, or arguing. I like to have fun. I look for respectful people that aren't too high-maintenance in the way that I don't want to chase others around with a broomstick or a ruler to get them to be respectful of others or to do what it takes to survive sufficiently.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 05-22-2013 at 02:46 AM.