Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 46

Thread: please help to type me (probably IP temparament maybe LSI?)

  1. #1
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default please help to type me (probably IP temparament maybe LSI?)

    Hi there,

    I am not sure which sociotype I am and thought you might help me with that.
    I read something about about socionics theory and at least i know what base function, creative function, polr, ha etc means.

    From the temparaments ip seems to fit best. Now I will have a look into some reinin dichotomies :

    carefree/farsighted
    Probably more carefree i think not everything can be forseen and i also don't try to forsee everything in advance would be to much of a burden.

    yielding/obstinate
    Hard to tell it really depends on the situation. Maybe there's a pattern but i can't see it at the moment.

    tactical/strategical
    I am really not focused on using certain methods i just try to reach the goal in the best possible way. For example when i play chess i always play the opponent. When he's good in the mid i try to skip that as fast as possible, when he often makes tactical faults(in a chess manner) i try to make the midgame longer and am not eager to exchange figures. I am also often changing my methods while i am learning for a big exam

    judicious/decisive
    I' ve often big problems to get mobilized. When I earn enough money comfort, freedom, and convenience are way more important then the paycheck. Work/studytime takes a big part of ones life what should i do with money when i hate the job? The dichotomie i am most sure of.

    constructivist/emotivist
    I'd say constructivist. I have emotional "anchors" to support my internal emotional state. I also prefer it when people provide council instead of emotional support. It was a common quarrel with my ex-girlfriend, i tried to help with solutions and she just wanted emotional support. That could be very frustrating for me (probably also for her).

    serious/merry
    Likely serious. I like it when i am introduced and hate it when no one does it. I also believe in objective truth even though i don't claim to know it but there is one.

    The ones i left out i was very unsure about.




    Quadras

    I prefer smaller groups(2-4persons) and discussions with a meaning (politics, work, study, relationships, future plans). I don't enjoy talking about how my day was or how nice it was yesterday in xyz when we did xyz.

    Most likely i am Delta or maybe Gamma. Alpha I think is not so likely and Beta very unlikely.



    POLR

    I just read a bit about this subject but POLR Fe stroke me somehow because i well know loving from a distance i also dont see pleasure in clubbing.



    From all what i wrote SLI seems to be most likely but i also considered ILI, LII, ESI and EII. LSI and LIE might also be a possibility but i don't think i'am en EJ.



    What do you guys think? Please feel free to ask me questions. I'd be thankfull for every response




    P.S,: English is not my native languege

  2. #2
    fka lungs ashlesha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,630
    Mentioned
    635 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    funny, as i was reading i thought your text "voice" just reminded me of slis and then i scrolled down and you think sli is most likely?
    maybe just a coincidence, but two cents.

    how does this picture make you feel?


  3. #3
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    funny, as i was reading i thought your text "voice" just reminded me of slis and then i scrolled down and you think sli is most likely?
    maybe just a coincidence, but two cents.

    how does this picture make you feel?


    Makes me feel good and smiling. I like animals a lot

  4. #4
    Haikus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Posts
    10,060
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't even know you and I can't know you from one internet post, so you being you better than anybody knowing it is you- if you say you're istp I believe you.

    socionics has a huge intertype relationship thingie so rather than 'find yourself' I would instead look more for how individuals make you feel. Do the Betas on this board annoy you? Then you might be Delta. or socionics itself is full of shit who knows.

    anyway welcome to our dysfunctional internet family.

  5. #5
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post


    POLR

    I just read a bit about this subject but POLR Fe stroke me somehow because i well know loving from a distance i also dont see pleasure in clubbing.
    LOL; this is the first for me.

  6. #6
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LOL; this is the first for me.
    how do you meyn that?

  7. #7
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    how does this picture make you feel?

    fhjkvhurtustguibobnkpo ! :3

    [on-topic]You may want to stick around and post in a few threads to increase the accuracy of your diagnosis.[/on-topic]
    Reason is a whore.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    I like it when i am introduced and hate it when no one does it.
    Hmm, I'm the opposite. Anyhow, welcome in the jungle.
    Last edited by Absurd; 05-14-2013 at 07:40 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just read a bit about this subject but POLR Fe stroke me somehow because i well know loving from a distance i also dont see pleasure in clubbing
    I don't think that's Fe related, some Fe PoLRs go clubbing because they like to dance.

    There's loads of tests

    Here's two, a short one and a longer one

    http://socionics.us/tests/1/0.htm short

    http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire long

    I'd stay away from reinin dichotomies, they're bleh,

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm, I always get the same result from both - haven't taken those for a long time though.

  11. #11
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    I don't think that's Fe related, some Fe PoLRs go clubbing because they like to dance.

    There's loads of tests

    Here's two, a short one and a longer one

    http://socionics.us/tests/1/0.htm short

    http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire long

    I'd stay away from reinin dichotomies, they're bleh,

    http://socionics.us/tests/1/0.htm says i am LSE



    http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire say
    LSE Your result
    LSI These types might also be considered
    SLE
    SLI
    LIE These types are not very likely
    LII
    ILE
    ILI
    ESE These types are quite unlikely
    ESI
    SEE
    SEI
    EIE these types are extremely unlikely
    EII
    IEE
    IEI



    Hm, two times LSE. The reason why i doubt LSE is that i am to lazy for an LSE. I have a hard time to just sit down and study for 7 hours. But i think logic gamma fits well in relationships i can act teacher like.
    Towards introversion and extroversion i have to say that i am pretty in the middle i also score in Big 5 between 48% and 52%. In general i like to talk with people and my introversion/extroversion depends highly on the event. While clubbing people would say i am highly introverted sometimes i even start to read the newspaper on my smartphone. While having a political discussion or during a course at the university people would see me more as an extrovert.

    I am not sure if i prefer even TE over TI. I can give an exemple: During high-school i liked the French or Latin grammar way more than the English because it was very logical. When you no all the rules you're right. I also liked chemie because i like systems even though chemie itself didn't interrest me i never thought about to study it.

  12. #12
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    [URL]
    Hm, two times LSE. The reason why i doubt LSE is that i am to lazy for an LSE. I have a hard time to just sit down and study for 7 hours. But i think logic gamma fits well in relationships i can act teacher like.
    Towards introversion and extroversion i have to say that i am pretty in the middle i also score in Big 5 between 48% and 52%. In general i like to talk with people and my introversion/extroversion depends highly on the event. While clubbing people would say i am highly introverted sometimes i even start to read the newspaper on my smartphone. While having a political discussion or during a course at the university people would see me more as an extrovert.

    I am not sure if i prefer even TE over TI. I can give an exemple: During high-school i liked the French or Latin grammar way more than the English because it was very logical. When you no all the rules you're right. I also liked chemie because i like systems even though chemie itself didn't interrest me i never thought about to study it.
    LSE are fine with rules and systems.

  13. #13
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSE are fine with rules and systems.
    and SLI not?

    Can you tell me main differents between the two types except that the one is introverted and the other extroverted?

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    One is int he woodwork, the other isn't.

  15. #15
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    One is int he woodwork, the other isn't.
    well, i am pretty good at fixing my bicycle but in general i am not good at working or even creating something with my hands. In school art was one of the subjects i hated the most even though i like to go to a arthouse and watch peintures i didn't like the idea to be forced into creative working.

  16. #16
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    and SLI not?

    Can you tell me main differents between the two types except that the one is introverted and the other extroverted?
    One is easy going and relaxed, the other is restless; temperament difference:

    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...le=Temperament

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    well, i am pretty good at fixing my bicycle
    ...

    Anyway, better check whether or not you're Maritsa's dual. Oh and you sound German, but I can be wrong.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daft21
    http://www.mizami.nl/public_html/questionnaire say
    LSE Your result
    LSI These types might also be considered
    SLE
    SLI
    LIE These types are not very likely
    LII
    ILE
    ILI
    ESE These types are quite unlikely
    ESI
    SEE
    SEI
    EIE these types are extremely unlikely
    EII
    IEE
    IEI



    Hm, two times LSE. The reason why i doubt LSE is that i am to lazy for an LSE. I have a hard time to just sit down and study for 7 hours. But i think logic gamma fits well in relationships i can act teacher like.
    Towards introversion and extroversion i have to say that i am pretty in the middle i also score in Big 5 between 48% and 52%. In general i like to talk with people and my introversion/extroversion depends highly on the event. While clubbing people would say i am highly introverted sometimes i even start to read the newspaper on my smartphone. While having a political discussion or during a course at the university people would see me more as an extrovert.

    I am not sure if i prefer even TE over TI. I can give an exemple: During high-school i liked the French or Latin grammar way more than the English because it was very logical. When you no all the rules you're right. I also liked chemie because i like systems even though chemie itself didn't interrest me i never thought about to study it.
    Unfortunately, unfortunate cause it doesn't help in saying - Bingo there's your type, you can also have lazy any type, including LSE or LSI etc.

    It's hard to pinpoint one aspect of a persons type with one or even a few things, for instance what if for whatever reason you stopped being lazy the idea is that you would still have the same type. Other example is a pro-active LSE who runs into problems can also become inactive.

    It seems to be that whichever way you look at it, Jungian 4 T/F N/S P/J E/I all the way down to the functions, we're still trying to pick a dichotomy of sorts, it's still one or the other.

    Maybe try to look at an overall picture if you are trying to decide E over I, here is an extended description which you might be able to see an overall pattern

    http://www.socionics.us/theory/ext_int.shtml

    I agree with @GuavaDrunk, it might help if you hang around and post more, there's usually someone who gets a feel for what you might be, then you might spend forever moving around, or just stick to one and play it out

    I've not seen anything which to me says not LSE, so it might be a useful starting point etc

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Don't mind clubbing, lots of randoms end up there, blabbing about hell knows what anyway and the music is crap 9 times out of 10 you poor clubbing soul.

  20. #20
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    ...

    Anyway, better check whether or not you're Maritsa's dual. Oh and you sound German, but I can be wrong.
    Hard to tell i dont know her at all

    And good guess my motherlanguage is really german

  21. #21
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Don't mind clubbing, lots of randoms end up there, blabbing about hell knows what anyway and the music is crap 9 times out of 10.
    It's not that clubbing scares me or makes me anxious it just bores the shit out of me unless i am really drunk what also doesn't happen that often

  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    And good guess my motherlanguage is really german
    I frigging knew it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    It's not that clubbing scares me or makes me anxious it just bores the shit out of me unless i am really drunk what also doesn't happen that often
    Going with people you know, are comfortable with and vice versa can work. Boredom disappears.

  23. #23
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Unfortunately, unfortunate cause it doesn't help in saying - Bingo there's your type, you can also have lazy any type, including LSE or LSI etc.

    It's hard to pinpoint one aspect of a persons type with one or even a few things, for instance what if for whatever reason you stopped being lazy the idea is that you would still have the same type. Other example is a pro-active LSE who runs into problems can also become inactive.

    It seems to be that whichever way you look at it, Jungian 4 T/F N/S P/J E/I all the way down to the functions, we're still trying to pick a dichotomy of sorts, it's still one or the other.




    Maybe try to look at an overall picture if you are trying to decide E over I, here is an extended description which you might be able to see an overall pattern

    http://www.socionics.us/theory/ext_int.shtml

    I agree with @GuavaDrunk, it might help if you hang around and post more, there's usually someone who gets a feel for what you might be, then you might spend forever moving around, or just stick to one and play it out

    I've not seen anything which to me says not LSE, so it might be a useful starting point etc
    Do you see something that says not SLI?

    Concerning introversion/extroversion i probably have the perception of an extrovert but the rest is pretty much a tie. What i notice is that i am very indrawn in informal settings where i dont know many people. On the other hand in formal settings i am more outgoing and have more self confidence. (i know that in socionics extrovert/introvert isn't the same like outgoing/shy)


    @Marissa

    I don't think people would descibe me as relaxed and easy going. But it depends what you mean with relaxing. When relaxing means doing something you dont have to do but want to do i enjoy relaxing but laying in my bed and listen to music seldom happens in my life. I also have often troubles to fall a sleep.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I would say being more outgoing in formal situations is more related to being a T type than an F type, because the social rules are less elastic. Not that it applies to everything of course. I've not seen anything to say that you're not SLI, at a push I would say LSE over SLI because you seem more at ease sifting through the information and responding to posts in this thread, less ..... vagueness, eh, which could point to the rational function being your first function not your second function.

    Chill out in Delta ST clubland, you'll meet some amazing guys, hehe.

  25. #25
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    How are you with relationships?

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    How are you with relationships?
    Wow, what a genius question, and how are you doing, Maritsa.....

    Bleh, the 'Delta' vampire on her quest.

  27. #27
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    How are you with relationships?
    @Maritsa
    shared values and interrests help a lot.

    I am looking for trusting, supporting and loyal relationships. My exgirlfriend questioned our relationship from time to time that hurt a lot. Though i have nothing against constructive criticism.

    I tend to support my partner especialy in the work or study area and i am also kind of protectiv. . Once i even called My exgirlfriends boss and threatend her with a law case (because i knew my exgirlfriend would quit the job within a week) we could have made an easy 1000.- but in the end i asked my exgirlfriend if she want to do it that way and even though i had all the paperwork together she didn't want to give her boss the the claim. It made me said that she didn't stand up because it would have been an easy one and it would never had gone to court because it was a clear violation of the employment contract.

    Even though i can act very protective i am not jealous at all i am not the one who pushs a guy away from my girlfriend because he dances with her. But if he harasses her i'll be there.

    I like it when my girlfriend helps me with my weak spots and motivates me to do things i have to do but may not like to do.




    By the way my enneagram type is 6w5 (pretty sure about that) tritype quiet likely 6w5 8w9 4w5
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 05-17-2013 at 09:20 PM.

  28. #28
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    @Maritsa
    shared values and interrests help a lot.

    I am looking for trusting, supporting and loyal relationships. My exgirlfriend questioned our relationship from time to time that hurt a lot. Though i have nothing against constructive criticism.

    I tend to support my partner especialy in the work or study area and i am also kind of protectiv. . Once i even called My exgirlfriends boss and threatend her with a law case (because i knew my exgirlfriend would quit the job within a week) we could have made an easy 1000.- but in the end i asked my exgirlfriend if she want to do it that way and even though i had all the paperwork together she didn't want to give her boss the the claim. It made me said that she didn't stand up because it would have been an easy one and it would never had gone to court because it was a clear violation of the employment contract.

    Even though i can act very protective i am not jealous at all i am not the one who pushs a guy away from my girlfriend because he dances with her. But if he harasses her i'll be there.

    I like it when my girlfriend helps me with my weak spots and motivates me to do things i have to do but may not like to do.




    By the way my enneagram type is 6w5 (pretty sure about that) tritype quiet likely 6w5 8w9 4w5
    LSE and confirm on that

  29. #29
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    LSE and confirm on that
    If not, time will tell

  30. #30
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    @Maritsa
    shared values and interrests help a lot.

    I am looking for trusting, supporting and loyal relationships. My exgirlfriend questioned our relationship from time to time that hurt a lot. Though i have nothing against constructive criticism.

    I tend to support my partner especialy in the work or study area and i am also kind of protectiv. . Once i even called My exgirlfriends boss and threatend her with a law case (because i knew my exgirlfriend would quit the job within a week) we could have made an easy 1000.- but in the end i asked my exgirlfriend if she want to do it that way and even though i had all the paperwork together she didn't want to give her boss the the claim. It made me said that she didn't stand up because it would have been an easy one and it would never had gone to court because it was a clear violation of the employment contract.

    Even though i can act very protective i am not jealous at all i am not the one who pushs a guy away from my girlfriend because he dances with her. But if he harasses her i'll be there.

    I like it when my girlfriend helps me with my weak spots and motivates me to do things i have to do but may not like to do.




    By the way my enneagram type is 6w5 (pretty sure about that) tritype quiet likely 6w5 8w9 4w5
    One reason why, in nature, LSE was intended to be EII's dual is that sense of protection with legal recourse. EII are naturally humanistic/humanitarian; that sense prevails over their sense of legal recourse and justice, hence they neither take action to prevent violence against them, in which case they end up being used, nor do they have the emotional heart to pursue their wrongdoers always excusing/justifying/compromising their mistake as some sort of personal issues one can not understand and must forgive as to help them and not trouble them more. Another words, LSE remain objective about the things that are right/wrong despite emotions for others and especially strangers (this is their Te, judging nature). By this and physical mean too of course (EII are quite fragile and delicate), LSE provide protection.

    EII are small and soft human beings.

    While the Beta quadrant members try to toughen the EII up despite the very objectivity that the person is really very too soft and unable to see past their perception of humanity and the greater happenings of the world of people and emotions, the LSE just accepts that as a matter of fact.

    Our sense of mercy prevails over the sense of justice, but in the world of duality and the subconscious desire and wishes that manifest, one would like to set their feelings aside and have or be willing to take justice (duals are idealized self). I love my duals.
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.

  31. #31
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    One reason why, in nature, LSE was intended to be EII's dual is that sense of protection with legal recourse. EII are naturally humanistic/humanitarian; that sense prevails over their sense of legal recourse and justice, hence they neither take action to prevent violence against them, in which case they end up being used, nor do they have the emotional heart to pursue their wrongdoers always excusing/justifying/compromising their mistake as some sort of personal issues one can not understand and must forgive as to help them and not trouble them more. Another words, LSE remain objective about the things that are right/wrong despite emotions for others and especially strangers (this is their Te, judging nature). By this and physical mean too of course (EII are quite fragile and delicate), LSE provide protection.

    EII are small and soft human beings.

    While the Beta quadrant members try to toughen the EII up despite the very objectivity that the person is really very too soft and unable to see past their perception of humanity and the greater happenings of the world of people and emotions, the LSE just accepts that as a matter of fact.

    Our sense of mercy prevails over the sense of justice, but in the world of duality and the subconscious desire and wishes that manifest, one would like to set their feelings aside and have or be willing to take justice (duals are idealized self). I love my duals.
    Thanks for your insight was an interresting read.
    From what i've read in the forum from you, you're pretty capable of defending yourself though Or ist there a big internet reallife difference?

    I think most of my friends are alpha but i am also the one who is most different from them. They love to meet in big groups and are changing subjects we talk all the time what can drive me crazy. They're very likebale though.

  32. #32
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    Thanks for your insight was an interresting read.
    From what i've read in the forum from you, you're pretty capable of defending yourself though Or ist there a big internet reallife difference?

    I think most of my friends are alpha but i am also the one who is most different from them. They love to meet in big groups and are changing subjects we talk all the time what can drive me crazy. They're very likebale though.
    I think you forgot to read the part where I said I'm tiny.

    I don't know what you've read, exactly and in what context. It's typical and normal for Ij temps to be reactionary, passionate in their expression or ideas and thoughts, and very sticklers to their ideas because it's them defending their stability and maintaining it in the light of external difference and change.

    If you call defending one's position as a form of defending one's self than that's really not what protecting someone is like. Defending a position in writing is offering rational justification for one's train of thought. Besides, it's just typing words and yes it's different from real life. In real life, you don't type feelings on a page and hand your thoughts over to a person, you have to speak and/to express them, in such a case, one's empathy or reading the emotional cues of the other person takes over strongly and I stop a lot of the time; on the forum, I can't read these cues as I think a lot of it involves extravertsion even probably sensing what is going on around me, so I plow ahead in my construct or idea so to say.

    There are types that are much more effective in actual online protection, they can pick things to say that get to the heart of someone being intentionally pushy; I'm not one of them; and historically, that's been the SEE on the forum. Usually, Supervisory relations are good about protecting their supervisee in this way. I know that because my brother is SEE and in real life, when an ex boyfriend tried to get me back and he was dissatisfied with his actions, my brother was very verbally and physically protective.

  33. #33
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I think you forgot to read the part where I said I'm tiny.

    I don't know what you've read, exactly and in what context. It's typical and normal for Ij temps to be reactionary, passionate in their expression or ideas and thoughts, and very sticklers to their ideas because it's them defending their stability and maintaining it in the light of external difference and change.

    If you call defending one's position as a form of defending one's self than that's really not what protecting someone is like. Defending a position in writing is offering rational justification for one's train of thought. Besides, it's just typing words and yes it's different from real life. In real life, you don't type feelings on a page and hand your thoughts over to a person, you have to speak and/to express them, in such a case, one's empathy or reading the emotional cues of the other person takes over strongly and I stop a lot of the time; on the forum, I can't read these cues as I think a lot of it involves extravertsion even probably sensing what is going on around me, so I plow ahead in my construct or idea so to say.

    There are types that are much more effective in actual online protection, they can pick things to say that get to the heart of someone being intentionally pushy; I'm not one of them; and historically, that's been the SEE on the forum. Usually, Supervisory relations are good about protecting their supervisee in this way. I know that because my brother is SEE and in real life, when an ex boyfriend tried to get me back and he was dissatisfied with his actions, my brother was very verbally and physically protective.
    Thanks for explaining

    I have a question when i prepared the letter for my ex to give it to her boss she was not able to hand it out when she was at work and saw her boss. I was not angry with her when she came home and told me but kind of said and disappointed. I also asked her why and told her that she has to stand up for herself. I don't know if she's EII likely not i think she's ESE. But if she's EII i'd have force her Se POLR a lot.
    how would you have handled the situation?

    You wrote one advantage of the EII-LSE duality is that the LSE doesn't push the EII to overhelm his/her POLR. I mean i also push people to stand upfor themselves but i am willing to support and to help they don't have to do it alone. I also don't force them to change but i have a problem when they don't want my help. But you wrote that, that betas would force someone to change and the LSE just helps when i got it right

  34. #34
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    @Daft21

    @william

    Just skimming this thread, you don't seem LSI. It seems abnormal for an LSI to say 'please', unless they're being curt and brief. And you seem more open-minded to considering other perspectives, and seem more Ne-valuing in general. I'd say Alpha/Delta for now.
    Was a typing mistake i wanted to write LSE

    I think i am more serious than merry and way more judicous than decisive.

    Do you think i might be an ethical type? Because i think i am a logical sensor i narrowed it down to LSE and SLI. And @Maritsa did good work to convince me that i am LSE From the alpha quadra i considered LII once because its a thinking dominant type and i had troubles to decide if i prefer Ti or Te but i dont really see Se POLR and also not so much Ne as a creative function

  35. #35
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Ah, I see.

    In my opinion, it's best not to listen to Maritsa's typings. She is one of the worst typers on this site, notoriously typing all new guys as LSE and new women as SEE. I can't recall the last time she typed a new guy, who's half-decent and social like you, as something other than LSE. I don't believe she is EII either, but rather mistyped. I don't want to go into it too much on this thread, but I wanted to warn you and possibly save time. Again, she may be right, I may be wrong, this is just my opinion.




    Possibly you could be ethical. I'd have to spend more than 30 seconds skimming your posts for an exact typing, and I'm just checking the forum now periodically while at work. My best advice/suggestion would be to continuously post - I've found that over time, the variance between your posts and your natural, cognitive thought process narrows, and it becomes increasingly obvious what type you are. The more you post, the more your natural thoughts come out, and the easier it will be to type you.

    Again, Alpha & Delta could be a good start, or Delta if you think you're a serious type. A good place to start looking into socionics and learning and exploring your type. Good luck!

    Thanks, i also think it should be a thread about my type

    What type would be your initial guess for me?

  36. #36
    Killer of DJA's Fun fen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Posts
    1,148
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Pictures?
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.


  37. #37
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    My initial guess would be IEE, ENFp.

    Your first-post here included the Reinin Dichotomies. While interesting, I don't really type that way. Intuitives love that stuff and eat it up for breakfast. You tried to type yourself by making connections with the dichotomies, as opposed to simply listing what you do, what you don't like to do, how you spend your time, etc. There wasn't really anything specific in your first post that makes me think you're a sensor.

    Also, your writing style 'flows'. It doesn't seem concrete. You seem laid-back and relatable, with the 'everything is relative' mindset more.

    You also don't seem concrete sequential, when it comes to grammatical rules. Throughout this entire thread, you've not capitalized the pronoun "I", but instead type a lowercase "i". While a bit anal, that bothers me a bit, and I know other LSEs like Director Abbie strive constantly to be grammatically correct.

    You seem like you utilize Fi pretty easily in expressing how you feel. Not dramatic Fe, but in that you're able to clearly and confidently how you state about the picture that lungs posted, your feelings toward the relationship with your ex-girlfriend, etc. You also seem like you're diplomatic and able to maintain relationship distance well.

    Lastly, your style of considering different functions & typings for yourself reminds me of fen, another IEE on the forum. The style itself seems very Ne to me, in taking a very open-ended approach to understanding each function, each possibility, how it could possibly fit and relate, and wanting to seek other people's opinions as considerations without firmly or confidently stating that anybody is wrong.

    The tests you took seemed to indicate ST, but I really don't think those tests are great at all. Depending on your self-perception, you may test completely differently each time. I've taken multiple tests and can type differently how I feel. Besides, it's easy to understand what each question is asking for, and to get a certain result if you try.

    I think the standing up for your ex-girlfriend could possibly be perceived as sensing, and it's not something typically IEEs would seem to do. However, that may be a special circumstance. I think guy IEEs come across differently than women IEEs. Also, ethical types can be very strong when they believe they are right, considering outspoken EIEs. And a confident IEE could easily stand up for themselves in that manner.

    IEE would be my initial guess. Doesn't look like anybody else suggested it yet. Consider it a starting point. Again, the more you post, the more your natural style will come out. So no worries on trying to figure it out right now.
    Interesting to hear an opposite opinion

    English is not my motherlanguage but your right i switch often in writing.

    What you wrote about the tests is really true it's easy to get a certain type

    I choose the rainin dichotomies because i thought it's a good way to determine your type because with few accurate picks they should (at least after reinin) tell you your type.

    I wouldn't say that im particulary laid-back but i can be very lazy. Though the "everything is relative" mindset fits me pretty well. There are eaven people who don't like to talk about politics with me anymore because i puzzle them to much. Most people just wanna know on which side you are lol

    Hmm it's easy for me to know how i feel but that doesn't mean i show it outwardly or tell everyone. I am often in my brain and also like to study stuff that others consider as dry (I study law) I think the question is also about through which glasses you see the world and i could find arguments why i could be an ethical type for example because even though i make small decision often by logic my main decisions in life were made more by my heart.

    What you wrote based on my style to find my type is very accurate i read a lot about stuff like POLR, HA and by studying the functions i could imagine many differents in my personal model A . That's also a reason why i wrote in my op so many possible types down. One to two days after i pick a type i start to doubt it thinking well i could also be this type

    In general i dont have a problem to say something when i don't like something. Especially when it's not about myself. I think others also see that as a strenght of me. Well could also be Se HA

    Edit:
    Because i am pretty sure that i prefer Fi over Fe and Ne over Ni Delta makes sense a lot. I can also imagine how evrey beta type could be my conflictor. Not sure if it's a beta thing but i can't stand the motto that the group must stay together. Or slogans like we don't like that it's so 90's etc.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 05-24-2013 at 02:39 AM.

  38. #38
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    Pictures?
    I dont know how keen i am about that

    I also don't really believe that's possible to type someone based on pictures

  39. #39
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft21 View Post
    Thanks for explaining

    I have a question when i prepared the letter for my ex to give it to her boss she was not able to hand it out when she was at work and saw her boss. I was not angry with her when she came home and told me but kind of said and disappointed. I also asked her why and told her that she has to stand up for herself. I don't know if she's EII likely not i think she's ESE. But if she's EII i'd have force her Se POLR a lot.
    how would you have handled the situation?

    You wrote one advantage of the EII-LSE duality is that the LSE doesn't push the EII to overhelm his/her POLR. I mean i also push people to stand upfor themselves but i am willing to support and to help they don't have to do it alone. I also don't force them to change but i have a problem when they don't want my help. But you wrote that, that betas would force someone to change and the LSE just helps when i got it right
    I usually do what LSE ask me to do and if that asking is in a specific manner or instruction, I follow it very closely; on rare occasion I will not do what they say, but it will always be followed with an explanation of why I thought that it wasn't a good idea. In you ex's or your gf's case, if I were still employed at that company, I wouldn't want to cast particular malice or emotional distance from me by the threat of a law suit. I would, however, have discussed this with an LSE extensively, making sure that most grounds were covered before such a decision was made.

    Pushing someone to stand up for themselves is not related to Se. I can stand up for myself in a verbal expression of things that I express to be morally right/wrong, not only of myself but that of others too. Se is involved in apprehension of static aspects of elements, color, texture, style and mobilization for action. I know my abilities, as in what I can do but because of overwhelming choices, confusion is made about what I should do; I miss out on details about people despite trying very hard.

    Se PoLR types don't like pushing people's boundaries, but that doesn't mean they can't express moral sentiments about what things people and societies do that is wrong/bad/unkind.

    My brother is SEE, in many ways he is much more aware of my state (not space) than anything and is sensitive around me; he does take into control things which enhance or affirm his sensory experience like changing my economical and bad toilet paper into the super soft one; he gains explicit sense of pleasure from nice things and objects, where it's secondary to me, but because he likes things his way, he'll do it anyway no matter what my preferences are; my disagreement will only lend him to do it again silently but impertinently the next time; so, I can't win with him; I never really have been able to. He's very much about his sense experience despite my logic or explanation of things. He does not bend to the will of others in most situations. He ignores my territory, placing and moving objects as he sees fit; intruding on my space quite comfortably is common ground for my brother and more than that he, as a child, used to test my parents to see how much he could get away with where I was the quiet and obedient. I didn't go against the rules of my parents.

    I bend to the will of my significant others quite easily; therefore there's no pushing required.

    LSE are "directive" directors type; they direct the actions and certain beliefs of others around them; I look for this direction when I'm around them because I'm particularly sensitive to their mood; um, my dual cousin is a monitor of other people's actions quite keenly. When we are at a party and I sit ideally without interacting with anyone or doing things she will approach me and say "get up and dance." It's not "please get up and dance" or "oh I would love it if you danced with me." No, it's "get up and dance" as in NOW.

    Other tasks, it's "you do this, this way."
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-24-2013 at 08:37 AM.

  40. #40
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I usually do what LSE ask me to do and if that asking is in a specific manner or instruction, I follow it very closely; on rare occasion I will not do what they say, but it will always be followed with an explanation of why I thought that it wasn't a good idea. In you ex's or your gf's case, if I were still employed at that company, I wouldn't want to cast particular malice or emotional distance from me by the threat of a law suit. I would, however, have discussed this with an LSE extensively, making sure that most grounds were covered before such a decision was made.

    Pushing someone to stand up for themselves is not related to Se. I can stand up for myself in a verbal expression of things that I express to be morally right/wrong, not only of myself but that of others too. Se is involved in apprehension of static aspects of elements, color, texture, style and mobilization for action. I know my abilities, as in what I can do but because of overwhelming choices, confusion is made about what I should do; I miss out on details about people despite trying very hard.

    Se PoLR types don't like pushing people's boundaries, but that doesn't mean they can't express moral sentiments about what things people and societies do that is wrong/bad/unkind.

    My brother is SEE, in many ways he is much more aware of my state (not space) than anything and is sensitive around me; he does take into control things which enhance or affirm his sensory experience like changing my economical and bad toilet paper into the super soft one; he gains explicit sense of pleasure from nice things and objects, where it's secondary to me, but because he likes things his way, he'll do it anyway no matter what my preferences are; my disagreement will only lend him to do it again silently but impertinently the next time; so, I can't win with him; I never really have been able to. He's very much about his sense experience despite my logic or explanation of things. He does not bend to the will of others in most situations. He ignores my territory, placing and moving objects as he sees fit; intruding on my space quite comfortably is common ground for my brother and more than that he, as a child, used to test my parents to see how much he could get away with where I was the quiet and obedient. I didn't go against the rules of my parents.

    I bend to the will of my significant others quite easily; therefore there's no pushing required.

    LSE are "directive" directors type; they direct the actions and certain beliefs of others around them; I look for this direction when I'm around them because I'm particularly sensitive to their mood; um, my dual cousin is a monitor of other people's actions quite keenly. When we are at a party and I sit ideally without interacting with anyone or doing things she will approach me and say "get up and dance." It's not "please get up and dance" or "oh I would love it if you danced with me." No, it's "get up and dance" as in NOW.

    Other tasks, it's "you do this, this way."
    I can act like that in certain situations but it's not my general mode of behaving

    You're probably familiar with the big 5 test normally i score there

    Extraversion-> Average

    Conscentiousness-> slightly below average to below average

    Neuroticism-> average to slightly above average

    Agreeableness->average

    Openness->slightly above average to above average

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •