Thread: Jon Hamm

TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Jon Hamm

I can't seem to find any thread where this chap has been typed, so I'm curious as to what people think.

Actor, former teacher, seems to be doing a pretty good job on some show called Mad Men.

I'd have to go for something in the ExTx range. He seems softly spoken at times, but I think that's just from smoking way too much. His voice sounds really shot when he gets excitable.

TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MAD MEN is a great friggin show. Awesome characters.

I've thought ENTX for him. I dig him.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj

delta st

iSTp > ESTj ,Te sub ,

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SLI-Si 9w8

reminds me of Stephen Colbert a little (who is usually typed as SLI)
    being Pi-IP would explain his slow rate of speech and a degree of fragmentation in the content that he's trying to get across

the speech thing isn't e9?
    he sounded like James franco on letterman
    Last edited by Introspector; 05-12-2013 at 10:55 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Introspector View Post
    the speech thing isn't e9?
    he sounded like James franco
    Could be either. What caught my eye in one of his interviews is that he's missing entire chains of events. He would be telling something and then all of a sudden skip to something else occurring i.e. he's missing linkers between the stages. This makes Pi-sub more likely than Te-sub, the later usually having better 'flow' in their story-telling. I wouldn't claim the subtype with much confidence since I'm not too familiar with this actor, but I agree on the delta ST.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si is all I know, and oh YEAH, E&J. And anyway, this opinion is makin me thirsty.

TIM
    Ni-IEI 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI seems right. initially thought LIE based partly on how he plays don and partly on VI, but his mannerisms and patterns of expression in interviews make delta+Te-ego pretty clear. he has this appropriate kind of pretension, like he's holding down his position without staying completely self-contained, expressing himself based on a sense of aristocratic principle, i.e. laughing at things that are "supposed" to be funny (not in a trivial sense, more like "this is what the dynamic is about") and making comments that preserve the boundaries of interaction. the only thing that made me doubt the SLI typing, was the fact that he initially struck me as a 3, but I'm not even that sure of that now. E9 could work just as well. the VI thing was more or less that he seemed to have higher energy levels and greater tension than I would expect of an Si-IP, but the ones where he's not posing or just looking at the camera point to delta. LIEs and SLIs both can have a tacit arrogance, but with the former it's more like they're unconsciously assuming superiority, whereas hamm is more deliberate.
    4w3-5w6-8w7