Thread: FI or Fe this doesn't make much sense

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default FI or Fe this doesn't make much sense

So I figured out that I'm most likely introverted, ethical and irrational...which would make me a Fe creative.

but that would be odd as even my own mother says that I'm emotionally inexpressive. I mean I smile and am polite to people, but I generally find expressing my own feelings...awkward and inappropriate, unless its happiness or anger. I'm kind of inhibited when it comes to emotional expression...makes me feel vulnerable and I'd rather not. O.o I also enjoy perceiving strong emotions in my environment as long as they aren't fake or overdone / ridiculously illogical.

People who don't really know me and judge me by surface behavior usually say I'm very self contained, slightly distant, cold but a polite and nice person who doesn't like being touched.

...however noticing intention and feelings in other people, or feeling the emotional atmosphere around me comes very easily and I can't shut it off. Its like this constant passive ability. I somehow never fail to understand how others are feeling.

How can this make sense?
    Last edited by Rim; 05-04-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Big5 rxUa|I| 6w7- 4 - 1 So/Sx
    = Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =
    Alignment: Neutral Good-ish / Snarky-Needy Bastard

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    So I figured out that I'm most likely introverted, ethical and irrational...which would make me a Fe creative.
    Didn't your irrational brothers in arms type you IEI before? Socionics can be hahahard.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Didn't your irrational brothers in arms type you IEI before?
    I was typed differently by different people ranging from IEI to ILE to IEE to ESI to SLI. I'm trying to narrow it down by going through the functions and dichotomies. Quadras are of no use to mes I see myself in everything to a certain degree. My type has to flawlessly fit the model and my own personal experience or some outside perception of me that is objectively correct imo or its incorrect. (I consider this possibility being a good one as I'm horrible at perceiving myself objectively or correctly, most likely due to the fact that I have zero internal structure that I can perceive. Its all random chaos in me or I just can't see it). Mostly just a tug of war between my superego and ID....my perception of myself is diffuse and I seem to have an unstable shifting Ego from my point of view...which probably is incorrect, the problem is I just can't see it clearly.

-.- its also been 2 years now in trying to figure things out and I'm starting to get sick of it....I want an answer that fits perfectly lol.

= Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what sort of answer do you expect that would bring a resolution to this topic

you do realize that no one here knows you in real life right?

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    what sort of answer do you expect that would bring a resolution to this topic

you do realize that no one here knows you in real life right?
    Yeah I know..-.-.

This is your result:

INTP(Balzac) - 245
    ENFP(Huxley) - 240
    INFP(Yesenin) - 235

ISFP(Dumas) - 230
    INTJ(Robespierre) - 205
    ISTP(Gabin) - 200
    ESFP(Napoleon) - 195
    INFJ(Dostoyevsky) - 195
    ISFJ(Dreiser) - 190
    ESFJ(Hugo) - 190
    ENTP(Don Quixote) - 175
    ESTP(Zhukov) - 170
    ENTJ(Jack London) - 170
    ESTJ(Stirlitz) - 165
    ISTJ(Maxim Gorky) - 160
    ENFJ(Hamlet) - 155

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting result encompassing every quadra so far and given your previous testimony on a strong disdain of Si stuff (something I heard from Narc as well) Ni/Se quadras would be the right place to start, although it's damn funny you scored IEE and SEI there.

In case of IEE that wouldn't be your dual-seeking, so better double check what you're saying before, now and after. Not unless you piss on your Si dominant duals and want them killed, and at the same time uphold the image of IEE...

SEI would be out of the question as well, again, resting on your previous testimony...

I don't mean to muddle the waters here and confuse you further, but you wrote what you wrote.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting result encompassing every quadra so far and given your previous testimony on a strong disdain of Si stuff (something I heard from Narc as well) Ni/Se quadras would be the right place to start, although it's damn funny you scored IEE and SEI there.

In case of IEE that wouldn't be your dual-seeking, so better double check what you're saying before, now and after. Not unless you piss on your Si dominant duals and want them killed, and at the same time uphold the image of IEE...

SEI would be out of the question as well, again, resting on your previous testimony...

I don't mean to muddle the waters here and confuse you further, but you wrote what you wrote.
    I mainly don't like Si because dealing with detailed routine work is a pain and a chore. I have tried, but I get antsy and frustrated, then lose energy and fall asleep. At work I have been assigned accounting work once when 2 of our accountants were missing and I fell asleep doing what they do 9 hours a day all day....for me was a nightmare come true. I can't be bothered to do Si stuff, but I like aesthetically pleasing things and environments. Comfort is nice. Anything that requires patience, routine and stable constancy is too boring, frustrating and I wish I wouldn't have to deal with these things. Even listening to "relaxation music" stresses me out lol, I relax better with power metal.

This imo is a clear indicator for something, but not quite sure of what. I'm going to look up Si...sounds like a good place to start.

EDIT:

as a role (3rd) function (IEI and ILI)

The individual dislikes it when others emphasize the need for relaxation, enjoyment, and activities that are supposed to bring these about, because what they need internally is just the opposite — a need for action and resolve. Rather than spend their time trying to "listen to what their body is telling them," they need to have clear external demands that are able to overcome their sense of uncertainty and hesitation.
    This makes the most sense to me.

Thou I don't think i could tolerate a Se base for too long. I'm a CP 6 with authority issues and if someone even dares to command me to do something my reaction is outright defiance and aggression. Nobody demands anything from me without pissing me off that is a certainty. I dislike authority, I prefer to be asked and persuaded. If I'm met with unpleasant force I will respond with force in kind and am always prepared to push it beyond the limits of sanity in order to defend my autonomy.

Unless you are my boss and my job depends on it I won't be able to swallow being told what to do, think or otherwise...what usually follows in my spontaneous combustion and sudden shift in personality / attitude from relaxed and funny to confrontational, serious "I will shove your words back into you with force!" attitude.
    Last edited by Rim; 05-04-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This makes the most sense to me.

Thou I don't think i could tolerate a Se base for too long. I'm a CP 6 with authority issues and if someone even dares to command me to do something my reaction is outright defiance and aggression. Nobody demands anything from me without pissing me off that is a certainty. I dislike authority, I prefer to be asked and persuaded. If I'm met with unpleasant force I will respond with force in kind and am always prepared to push it beyond the limits of sanity in order to defend my autonomy.

Unless you are my boss and my job depends on it I won't be able to swallow being told what to do, think or otherwise...what usually follows in my spontaneous combustion and sudden shift in personality / attitude from relaxed and funny to confrontational, serious "I will shove your words back into you with force!" attitude.
    Don't think of Se as commanding. If Se leads were people who just ran around yelling at people to do things, then likely no one would want to be their duals. A perhaps personal misconception of my own, that I am willing to share, is that Se leading types are the ones who have no need to command anything of anyone. A direct order is fairly ineffective when it comes to interpersonal communication between social equals. So to me, those who have to resort to the pitiful tactic of a direct order to get anything, are the ones who are very bad at Se. That being said, direct orders likely do have their place, and any type with either weak or strong Se can make them from time to time.

In any case, my interactions with ILIs (My dual type) are rarely commanding. It more tends to play out in the sense that I am usually free to choose what we do. With some restraint of course. Think of ILIs as these people who just do their own thing for the most part unless acted on upon an outside force. The SEE is this force, but acting on something doesn't necessitate commanding.

A perhaps real life example

SEE: What do you want to do?
    ILI: I was just going to herd nerfs all day.
    SEE: Wanna go see a movie? I hear Driving Miss Daisy is really good.
    ILI: Sure, just let me finish up with these nerfs.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JWC3 View Post
    Don't think of Se as commanding. If Se leads were people who just ran around yelling at people to do things, then likely no one would want to be their duals. A perhaps personal misconception of my own, that I am willing to share, is that Se leading types are the ones who have no need to command anything of anyone. A direct order is fairly ineffective when it comes to interpersonal communication between social equals. So to me, those who have to resort to the pitiful tactic of a direct order to get anything, are the ones who are very bad at Se. That being said, direct orders likely do have their place, and any type with either weak or strong Se can make them from time to time.

In any case, my interactions with ILIs (My dual type) are rarely commanding. It more tends to play out in the sense that I am usually free to choose what we do. With some restraint of course. Think of ILIs as these people who just do their own thing for the most part unless acted on upon an outside force. The SEE is this force, but acting on something doesn't necessitate commanding.

A perhaps real life example

SEE: What do you want to do?
    ILI: I was just going to herd nerfs all day.
    SEE: Wanna go see a movie? I hear Driving Miss Daisy is really good.
    ILI: Sure, just let me finish up with these nerfs.
    o.o that would be neat, I'm usually inactive when it comes to actually going out and doing something, so it would be nice to have someone around who likes to do stuff and takes me with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with JWC3 thoughts about Se-leading, it also gives a better knowledge to EP temperament of those sociotypes.
    Then what you said about Si, I think it's useful (it certainly is for me) to try to gasp this IE from another name, another definition, which is External Field Dynamics (EFD) in opposition to Se that's External Object Statics (EOS). I don't have a definition for field and dynamics but from what I think it means you can kind see that Si as a leading function leads to a fluid, changing and movable grasp of connections between external information (sorry, can't explain better). Trying to give a concrete example, Christoph Waltz (SEI) talking about trying to understand Tarantino in this interview is a great example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8M1psg7DU8

Also watch Part 2.

He kinda says how he finds new links, new meanings, on the external information (the movies). But there is no type that is pure Si so he views are also "contaminated" with Fe (Internal Object Dynamics), and if you have read about Gulenko's Cognitive Styles, DA is really "there".I don't know if it helps to understand SEI better and compare yourself with it.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lukasthere View Post
    Christoph Waltz (SEI) talking about trying to understand Tarantino in this interview is a great example:
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8M1psg7DU8

Also watch Part 2.

He kinda says how he finds new links, new meanings, on the external information (the movies). But there is no type that is pure Si so he views are also "contaminated" with Fe (Internal Object Dynamics), and if you have read about Gulenko's Cognitive Styles, DA is really "there".I don't know if it helps to understand SEI better and compare yourself with it.
    I think you are moving a little too fast here. You take the definitions in a too literal way. People hardly ever explain their IE in this way. The analysis "external field dynamics" and the other elements is a quite abstract one and hard to understand, and not something that people articulate, it's the base of their IE perception. Si is basically sensations/sensory impressions in contrast to Se = object perception. That's a clumsy distinction but it points in the right direction when comparing real people. It's better to learn it that way rather than mix in the complicated IE definitions on low level analysis, that most likely will be misunderstood. And Christoph Waltz is most likely not SEI but rather EIE.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o.o that would be neat, I'm usually inactive when it comes to actually going out and doing something, so it would be nice to have someone around who likes to do stuff and takes me with them.
    That's pretty much what it is. When I went to visit one of my close ILI friends in NY basically I got there and said "Well, were in NY so let's go do NY things." Even though I was the guest he had no plans, and was completely fine with me having things I wanted to do. Same thing when another ILI friend of mine came to visit very recently, she got here and we sorta just did whatever I wanted.

It's just a very easy relationship, because I generally have things I want to do, and the ILI really doesn't care about what we do so much since they are just happy to be doing things with a friend.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some kind of list of questions I can answer in front of a camera that would be useful in the typing process?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there some kind of list of questions I can answer in front of a camera that would be useful in the typing process?
    A specific list? No. You can answer things like "What was your family like growing up and how did you react to it?" or "What's your dream job and why?" if it makes you feel better. Really though such answers would be about as helpful as answering the question "What's your favorite color?"

By that I mean, answering any questions in front of a camera would be helpful. So long as you're yourself.

EDIT: Really what would be most helpful would be to make a thread, and say people can ask you questions and you will answer them with videos. That way you can accommodate anyone who cares to type you. Personally I'm fine with listening to what your favorite color is, but not everyone will find that helpful.
    Easy Day

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A specific list? No. You can answer things like "What was your family like growing up and how did you react to it?" or "What's your dream job and why?" if it makes you feel better. Really though such answers would be about as helpful as answering the question "What's your favorite color?"

By that I mean, answering any questions in front of a camera would be helpful. So long as you're yourself.

EDIT: Really what would be most helpful would be to make a thread, and say people can ask you questions and you will answer them with videos. That way you can accommodate anyone who cares to type you. Personally I'm fine with listening to what your favorite color is, but not everyone will find that helpful.
    That would be black, but since black isn't a color, then blue. Hmm I'll make a video.

Hmm if nothing else I seem to be consistent in testing, its always these 4 types:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be black, but since black isn't a color, then blue. Hmm I'll make a video.

Hmm if nothing else I seem to be consistent in testing, its always these 4 types:

Well testing has some merit if you have no idea where to start, and are just starting out. Really though any personality test is riddled with problems. I've gotten pretty much every Ep type on the board, as well as ESE once. Which was strange. In any case perception bias or cultural bias or just plain ol' testing error can get in the way of testing sometimes. I thought I was SLE for a good year and a half before I corrected it to SEE. Only reason I didn't accept SEE at first was because I was afraid of the cultural connotations of being both ethical and a male.

Now I'm fairly certain of my type, but for me personally testing really just threw me and everyone else off for a year or so and slowed down my understanding to some degree. Best thing to do is face to face interaction with someone who understands socionics, or barring that, make some videos and throw them up on this site. See if anyone has anything insightful to say.
    Easy Day

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am quite similar. Except I probably resist imposed authority more quietly and prefer to be told the facts and decide for myself rather than be persuaded or manipulated into doing something. Motivated, yes.

Unless you are my boss and my job depends on it I won't be able to swallow being told what to do, think or otherwise...
    This is interesting. With me it's "even if you're my boss and my job depends on your decisions, I'll still think for myself and act in accordance to what I think is right." No flexing there.

Sounds like IP temperament.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only reason I didn't accept SEE at first was because I was afraid of the cultural connotations of being both ethical and a male.
    LOOOOOOLLLL!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    LOOOOOOLLLL!
    o.o no that actually makes sense. I score IEI, but meh I'm not emotive, dramatic nor am I comfortable with showing emotions. I see it as a weakness to openly display my weaker feelings. Happiness is okay and anger is acceptable too, but to be sad or cry in public or other emotions are not to be shown to others. Whining is unacceptable lol.

I don't touch people and I don't like being touched, not even by family. The only person who i want touching me is my girlfriend. I also only display affection towards her, with everyone else I display that I care through helping and solving problems, giving advice and solutions. I tend not to be affectionate with them. Hugging people is awkward and uncomfortable to me. Listening to people whine / cry about their life is boring and annoys me, because imo they could just as well do something about it in stead of whining to me.

As far as Fe goes I can read their intention, feelings, body language and understand people just fine. It is kind of the extent of my Fe. I have seen some weird shit before like treehuggers crying and chanting for a forest. Something like that makes no sense to me and made me cringe lol. I want nothing to do with open display of sentiment outside of intimate romantic relationships. Passion is good to have thou anger and kicking ass is always good when justified imo.
    Last edited by Rim; 05-05-2013 at 07:18 AM.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rim, nothing in the OP counters infp.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

o.o no that actually makes sense. I score IEI, but meh I'm not emotive, dramatic nor am I comfortable with showing emotions. I see it as a weakness to openly display my weaker feelings. Happiness is okay and anger is acceptable too, but to be sad or cry in public or other emotions are not to be shown to others. Whining is unacceptable lol.

I don't touch people and I don't like being touched, not even by family. The only person who i want touching me is my girlfriend. I also only display affection towards her, with everyone else I display that I care through helping and solving problems, giving advice and solutions. I tend not to be affectionate with them. Hugging people is awkward and uncomfortable to me. Listening to people whine / cry about their life is boring and annoys me, because imo they could just as well do something about it in stead of whining to me.

As far as Fe goes I can read their intention, feelings, body language and understand people just fine. It is kind of the extent of my Fe. I have seen some weird shit before like treehuggers crying and chanting for a forest. Something like that makes no sense to me and made me cringe lol. I want nothing to do with open display of sentiment outside of intimate romantic relationships. Passion is good to have thou anger and kicking ass is always good when justified imo.
    One question, do you whine/complain to your close ones? (Actually after reading your posts, I realized you are whiny and somewhat complainy, "I don't like being touched, treehuggers crying, I want nothing to do with...etc")

As far as IEI or ILI, both have cautious so I don't particularly find IEI's or SEI's to be super emotional. They might have a nice smile or be aloof but usually they will be shy around strangers. They might look soft/receptive however, and can be diplomatic and polite.

There are big differences between or . is of just something that is in the moment, a expression of a temporary emotion. It can be loud/quiet/expressed in varied ways but the purpose is to communicate this mood. expresses personal principles and judgement which are not temporary, these are deeply held rationalizations and beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rim
    I was typed differently by different people ranging from IEI to ILE to IEE to ESI to SLI. I'm trying to narrow it down by going through the functions and dichotomies. Quadras are of no use to mes I see myself in everything to a certain degree. My type has to flawlessly fit the model and my own personal experience or some outside perception of me that is objectively correct imo or its incorrect. (I consider this possibility being a good one as I'm horrible at perceiving myself objectively or correctly, most likely due to the fact that I have zero internal structure that I can perceive. Its all random chaos in me or I just can't see it). Mostly just a tug of war between my superego and ID....my perception of myself is diffuse and I seem to have an unstable shifting Ego from my point of view...which probably is incorrect, the problem is I just can't see it clearly.

-.- its also been 2 years now in trying to figure things out and I'm starting to get sick of it....I want an answer that fits perfectly lol.
    This passage could mean many things, but the #1 thing that is evident here is your preference for . My analysis of your words is that you're valuing while not having strong , this would mean you're IEI.

Given your desire to flawlessly fit a model and not having a strong internal structure of your own, as well as your desire to have a outside perception of yourself, it seems you want this model to be given/imposed by another. This seems to be a super-id request from your dual . I think IEI is a better typing for you than ILI and it's really unlikely you have strong based on what you have said.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Definitely IEI, INFp. To be honest, I have a hard time understanding what you're trying to concretely say, and your posts confuse me in the similar way to BnD's posts.
    Wait till he starts writing about fist fucking and homosexuality - that's quintessential BnD.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    One question, do you whine/complain to your close ones? (Actually after reading your posts, I realized you are whiny and somewhat complainy, "I don't like being touched, treehuggers crying, I want nothing to do with...etc")
    No, those were statements. I am giving as much information as I can (aka being honest about myself) in order to see what other people's opinions are, then I follow up on any leads that pop up. I can't rely on only my own subjective opinion on myself because I can make mistakes, so its a risk I'm willing to take since nobody here really knows who I am anyway. I don't tend to share my problems with other people and I share as little personal data as I can with anyone who is anything less then family or a very close friend. As for people close to me..I have been told that I'm walled up and distant or clown around in stead of saying when I have problems, but from my perspective I share enough or at least what I',m comfortable with them knowing. I am emotional, everyone is unless they have some kind of damage, I just don't like to show weakness, its like blood in the water..lures the sharks in. I don't whine or complain, the trehuggers seemed ridiculous to me, their emotionalism was irrational imo ^^ it was criticism...crying about trees makes no sense, waste of time? If one wants to save the rain forest...why chant and cry in it? That is like praying to God for help. Useless waste of time best spent helping oneself in the first place.

As far as IEI or ILI, both have cautious so I don't particularly find IEI's or SEI's to be super emotional. They might have a nice smile or be aloof but usually they will be shy around strangers. They might look soft/receptive however, and can be diplomatic and polite.

There are big differences between or . is of just something that is in the moment, a expression of a temporary emotion. It can be loud/quiet/expressed in varied ways but the purpose is to communicate this mood. expresses personal principles and judgement which are not temporary, these are deeply held rationalizations and beliefs.

This passage could mean many things, but the #1 thing that is evident here is your preference for . My analysis of your words is that you're valuing while not having strong , this would mean you're IEI.

Given your desire to flawlessly fit a model and not having a strong internal structure of your own, as well as your desire to have a outside perception of yourself, it seems you want this model to be given/imposed by another. This seems to be a super-id request from your dual . I think IEI is a better typing for you than ILI and it's really unlikely you have strong based on what you have said.
    I don't have strong Ti.

Definitely IEI, INFp. To be honest, I have a hard time understanding what you're trying to concretely say, and your posts confuse me in the similar way to BnD's posts.

This is an example. When you're talking about emotions being 'ok', I'm not sure what you mean. I feel uneasy reading it, and I'm not sure how to respond. How do you define "ok"? Why are you talking about your emotions? What exactly is it that you want?

There's nothing concretely actionable that I can do with this sentence. It frustrates me.

Furthermore, the style of this thread - 'WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE between Fe & Fi' is definitely Ti-seeking. You could have asked us to type you. Instead, you're looking for a linear clarification and comparison.

All of these things lead me to believe that INFp is a perfect fit for you.
    o.o sweet! A consensus seems to be forming, most people's opinion is IEI, I have personally agreed with this typing before and it does make sense.

Ok I'll explain why. I'm testing. I can not rely on my own opinion of myself because I run the risk of being wrong. In order to counter this I spill as much info about me as I'm comfortable with and then gauge other people's reactions to it and their opinions of what type I am. If many people agree on a type and reasons are given then that type is very likely to be it, which is where I read up more on it and see if it makes any sense to me as well.

This reduces the chances that I fail at self typing, which is a very common thing that happens to many people who don't give this enough thought or scrutiny. More people means more perspectives, means they will see something I missed, means they bring their own knowledge base to the table, knowledge I may lack, but can make use of.
    Last edited by Rim; 05-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

No, those were statements. I am giving as much information as I can (aka being honest about myself) in order to see what other people's opinions are, then I follow up on any leads that pop up. I can't rely on only my own subjective opinion on myself because I can make mistakes, so its a risk I'm willing to take since nobody here really knows who I am anyway. I don't tend to share my problems with other people and I share as little personal data as I can with anyone who is anything less then family or a very close friend. As for people close to me..I have been told that I'm walled up and distant or clown around in stead of saying when I have problems, but from my perspective I share enough or at least what I',m comfortable with them knowing. I am emotional, everyone is unless they have some kind of damage, I just don't like to show weakness, its like blood in the water..lures the sharks in. I don't whine or complain, the trehuggers seemed ridiculous to me, their emotionalism was irrational imo ^^ it was criticism...crying about trees makes no sense, waste of time?
    Whining just to friends/family counts, it might be because you're image conscious that you only express yourself to a certain group of people. I have observed that a lot of individuals that don't like other people to whine/complain are themselves the biggest whiner's and complainers except they want the stage for that form of dialogue, they want someone more assertive, tough and direct who will listen to their complaints.

Crying about treehuggers makes no sense either and is a waste of time as well, but people do it because they're emotional and/or irrational.

Within the context of your typing, you're basically presenting yourself as mysterious, unknowable, magical, and various other traits which constitute your self-image, except you're really not that and are fairly well described sort of individual. You are basically an elusive individual, who naturally maintains an aura of mysteriousness, try to keep yourself more or less friendly with others and avoid taking responsibilities for any mistakes in your knowledge and capabilities.

You might even believe yourself to be mysterious, diffuse and unknowable, but it's not really that uncommon for IEI's to think this, it's kinda of par for the course.

From a thinking styles perspective, IMO, you're not a C/D thinker or a D/A thinker, and this would exclude many types that you've been typed. Vortex thinker or Holographic thinker is probable. Most of your verbalizations point towards vortex thinking which would make you IEI/LIE/ESE or SLI.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Whining just to friends/family counts, it might be because you're image conscious that you only express yourself to a certain group of people. I have observed that a lot of individuals that don't like other people to whine/complain are themselves the biggest whiner's and complainers except they want the stage for that form of dialogue, they want someone more assertive, tough and direct who will listen to their complaints.

Crying about treehuggers makes no sense either and is a waste of time as well, but people do it because they're emotional and/or irrational.

Within the context of your typing, you're basically presenting yourself as mysterious, unknowable, magical, and various other traits which constitute your self-image, except you're really not that and are fairly well described sort of individual. You are basically an elusive individual, who naturally maintains an aura of mysteriousness, try to keep yourself more or less friendly with others and avoid taking responsibilities for any mistakes in your knowledge and capabilities.

You might even believe yourself to be mysterious, diffuse and unknowable, but it's not really that uncommon for IEI's to think this, it's kinda of par for the course.

From a thinking styles perspective, IMO, you're not a C/D thinker or a D/A thinker, and this would exclude many types that you've been typed. Vortex thinker or Holographic thinker is probable. Most of your verbalizations point towards vortex thinking which would make you IEI/LIE/ESE or SLI.
    It is most likely IEI then. Holographic vould make ESI plausible, correct?

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furthermore, the style of this thread - 'WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE between Fe & Fi' is definitely Ti-seeking. You could have asked us to type you. Instead, you're looking for a linear clarification and comparison.
    Well, just to mention, as an Fi type I do the same thing. I've made threads about the difference between Fe and Fi before:
    The Fenryrr Fe/Fi Valuing Confusion Thread
    "Help. Me. Please.

I can't tell which I value. So if anyone has ideas, please explain.
    I'm tired of being confused over which I value." -- thread from a yr ago when I was super lost and effed up in the brain, considering I was IEI.
    Though, maybe my thread was presented differently than Rim's. So, nevermind. Haha.

I dunno. In general I like to compare and contrast things as much as possible, and understand as many differences between two things. Like when choosing which item to buy, if I'm not sure...idk. I like to ask someone who may have tried them or something. Get their input. Get as much input as possible. I tend to read reviews of products on the internet extensively before I buy them haha. But I feel very clear in my preference for Te>Ti. Ti can get on my nerves and I find myself tearing apart Ti-based assertions with exceptions to the rules that are presented. I don't remember what my point was.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Holographic vould make ESI plausible, correct?
    In Gulenko soup: ESI, IEE, SLE and LII.