Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: New to this speculations?

  1. #1
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default New to this... speculations?

    Hello, never really gave socionics a try but have heard interesting things, so decided i'd give it a go.

    (Removed it because I didn't see a need in keeping it up.)

    Anyway, thanks in advance!

    Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Perineum; 05-07-2013 at 05:19 PM.

  2. #2
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    so are you from PerC?

  3. #3
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    so are you from PerC?
    Yeah I got the survey from PerC. I saw others on here used it.
    Don't frequent as much though. I'm more frequent on INTPforum and Typology central.

  4. #4
    ■■■■■■ Radio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,574
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah okay. Well self-reporting surveys like these don't really help much because you can mentally short-circuit yourself into believing you're a certain way when you aren't necessarily that way in general. Cognitive biases can often lead to a kind of partial blindness to oneself, so it's not very fruitful to type out long-ass profiles like these.

    I'm sorry if I sound bitter etc, I'm not trying to be. Just saying there can be a difference between perceived self-image and how one actually behaves in action.

  5. #5
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Ah okay. Well self-reporting surveys like these don't really help much because you can mentally short-circuit yourself into believing you're a certain way when you aren't necessarily that way in general. Cognitive biases can often lead to a kind of partial blindness to oneself, so it's not very fruitful to type out long-ass profiles like these.

    I'm sorry if I sound bitter etc, I'm not trying to be. Just saying there can be a difference between perceived self-image and how one actually behaves in action.
    It's cool man. No you don't sound bitter. Yeah, that's true. But there's a limit to typing online you know? No one can percieve my actions unless they're behind my ass. It's all speculation. I just thought I'd post it here instead since it's a socionics forum.

    I'm very self reflective when I post shit like this too, I post what's most accurate of me for the majority of my life so it's alright. The problem is conveying it properly for me.

    I'd in general like to learn more about the system though, that's why I signed up.
    It really was a spur of the moment post because I already had it filled out. I may just delete this and figure it out on my own though. Thanks for your thoughts man.

  6. #6
    ഗന᎕ᒹ ±ᗉᚔXᙂഗ woofwoofl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern Arizona
    TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Posts
    1,906
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    with a name like that, I'd make you my dual on that alone. Te-ILI 5w6 and I'll get into reasons if you need them later! I just wanna fucking pass out right now haha.

  7. #7
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post

    The Hitchhikers guide
    Ok that settles it. You are ILE. No but seriously I think you can be ILE. So extravert. I don't know if you typed yourself introvert before.

    Anyway, lots of people on INTP forums are just mellow ILEs.

  8. #8
    lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    Fi/Te 641 sp/sx
    Posts
    12,612
    Mentioned
    631 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    my impression is LII.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Can be Alpha NT. Passed out after question eight though.

    If not, woofwoofl is going to have to have sex with you to determine whether you're his dual or not...
    Last edited by Absurd; 05-03-2013 at 08:02 PM.

  10. #10
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woofwoofl View Post
    with a name like that, I'd make you my dual on that alone. Te-ILI 5w6 and I'll get into reasons if you need them later! I just wanna fucking pass out right now haha.
    Yeah reasons are always great man. Do share if you don't mind.
    & thank you for the compliment on my name. I seem to be getting that.

  11. #11
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I do not like these questions. I have not read anybody's responses to them.
     
    God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper


    Socionics -
    the16types.info

  12. #12
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    Ok that settles it. You are ILE. No but seriously I think you can be ILE. So extravert. I don't know if you typed yourself introvert before.

    Anyway, lots of people on INTP forums are just mellow ILEs.
    Yeah I don't really think i'm extroverted by definition sense. I'm pretty introverted by definition, i.e. Like to be alone, get drained when out, etc. I think i've learned to appear less socially challenged by observing others throughout life, and trying to master appearing more socially comfortable than I actually am.

    Thanks for your input.

  13. #13
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I'd say ILE>IEE. Definitely Ne ego.

    LIIs seem to have value systems that are very well-defined, and Perineum answered #3 with a simple "No". That, and the stream-of-consciousness writing style seem more open-ended and Ep temperament to me.

    IEEs exhibit similar bravery in opening up in one of their original threads describing themselves, but I see more Ti than Fi.

    Also, his answer to #11 makes me think he values Fe in others and prefers strong, warm, emotional, responses to his informational answers. These seem Fe-suggestive or mobilizing and generally support Alpha NT.
    That's interesting, I will look into it. Thanks.
    Alpha NT... perhaps. I'll read on it now.
    Last edited by Perineum; 05-04-2013 at 09:27 AM.

  14. #14
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    Can be Alpha NT. Passed out after question eight though.

    If not, woofwoofl is going to have to have sex with you to determine whether you're his dual or not...
    Thanks for your thought man.
    It is long, I don't blame you.
    And we already have, he just doesn't remember.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
    Thanks for your thought man.
    It is long, I don't blame you.
    More like every vegetable and fruit thrown with haste into the salad, a bit unprofessional and sore on my eyes...

  16. #16
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
    Yeah I don't really think i'm extroverted by definition sense. I'm pretty introverted by definition, i.e. Like to be alone, get drained when out, etc. I think i've learned to appear less socially challenged by observing others throughout life, and trying to master appearing more socially comfortable than I actually am.

    Thanks for your input.
    It's hard to say. The thing about getting drained is more MBTI I think. Many extroverts get drained when with people. Sure extraversion correlates with outgoing behaviour but socionics is about pure information metabolism (the pure types). Extraversion = object, Intraversion = field (and that's also hard to get a grasp on). Many ILEs appear shy and observing for example.
    But I agree that alpha NT seems likely for you. Could be wrong though.

  17. #17
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    More like every vegetable and fruit thrown with haste into the salad, a bit unprofessional and sore on my eyes...
    I apologize for the pain my survey rant has caused you. It has been removed on behalf of your eyes and eyes everywhere.

  18. #18
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    It's hard to say. The thing about getting drained is more MBTI I think. Many extroverts get drained when with people. Sure extraversion correlates with outgoing behaviour but socionics is about pure information metabolism (the pure types). Extraversion = object, Intraversion = field (and that's also hard to get a grasp on). Many ILEs appear shy and observing for example.
    But I agree that alpha NT seems likely for you. Could be wrong though.
    Yeah I was going by definition sense. Introvert vs. Extrovert. I know I'm introverted outside of the systems. I prefer to be alone than with people, and i'm also always lost and concerned with my thoughts. I think this fits the textbook definition. Now as far as within socionics I wouldn't be quite sure unless I go by the order of the functions - which may just do.

    ----------------------------------------

    I'll take of your guys suggestions into consideration, thanks everyone.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
    I apologize for the pain my survey rant has caused you. It has been removed on behalf of your eyes and eyes everywhere.
    No worries. Socionics will sort out anything. Even your laundry.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
    Hello, never really gave socionics a try but have heard interesting things, so decided i'd give it a go.

    (Removed it because I didn't see a need in keeping it up.)

    Thanks guys.
    Can you give me a bit more info? Thanks.

  21. #21
    Perineum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    TIM
    INTP Type 5
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Words View Post
    Can you give me a bit more info? Thanks.
    Oh alright, thanks. I reposted it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •