EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default SEIs-ISFps and the phrase "I hate"

So I need a comparison between SEI form of "I hate" and the Fi

um...what am I thinking

Oh yes, my SEI nephew and I were watching "monsters and robots" cartoon and there was a scene where if robot didn't go to see the doctor, he would become a mime, which is a "bad" thing and monster, in trying to understand mimes, goes to visit the field of mimes to prepare himself for his friend, the robot, becoming a mime. When monster is in this field of mimes, they start to encircle him and he feels attacked because the visual cues of the mimes where their arms posed up over their in advancing towards monster and monster, feeling attacked and threatened, screams "noooooo." At this vision, or sight, my SEI nephew says "I hate mimes." I ask him, "well, honey why do you say that?" He stands up and reenacts the impressions that these mimes made in advancing towards monster, who he likes, and makes the growling sounds of the mimes. I tried to relive my experience too. In watching that scene I only felt uncomfortable feelings for me, coming from each, one mime at a time, not from what the monster felt but from what I felt, and even in my uncomfortable feelings I did not arrive at the conclusion of "I hate mimes." or (I hate mimes because they are making monster feel uncomfortable.) The very impression of the mimes just evoked fear in me, a fear of what these creatures are, not a judgement of "hate."

So SEI, in reading this how does this thing which you call "hate" when you "hate" have any association with you being SEI?
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 05-03-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the SEI is attempting to rally support for his position through provoking an emotion.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

holy shit.

quite frankly, my dear... why didn't you ask your nephew???

And it seems that your point is that your a self-involved victim of everything? knew it. mimes are stupid. Fi. Fe.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    holy shit.

quite frankly, my dear... why didn't you ask your nephew???
    Ask him what?

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    And it seems that your point is that your a self-involved victim of everything? knew it. mimes are stupid. Fi. Fe.
    Um, how am I a self-involved victim? that I felt the pressure of uncomfortable feelings form watching a mime, instead of hating them for what they were doing to monster? When you're afraid of the possibility of what a mime can do, that's being a victim? The mimes didn't actually hurt anyone, I just read into their intentions, they could have turned at any moment and actually become very friendly creatures. It was watching that pose, the hands up in the air, above their heads that made me feel like they were creepy.

Don't you get certain feelings too from static perceptions/pictures and poses?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I think the SEI is attempting to rally support for his position through provoking an emotion.
    so saying "I hate" in the tone that he did, which was quite sharp and notable was meant to provoke an emotion in me? Oh I see. Yes it is. That is quite helpful, thanks.
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

To say "I hate mimes" is almost like segregating them from society. I would say, "well, that other mime didn't look as scary or harmful" and then he would notice the difference and comment on more differences. Well, in a way, it seems like he's influenced by my static perception, when I point them out.
    -

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    To say "I hate mimes" is almost like segregating them from society.
    hahahhaha

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody hates mimes, they suck.

„Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

They're not so scary when they're dead, Maritsa.

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking Fi demonstrative. SEIs often express distaste very clearly, often just with facial expressions. But I wouldn't react very well if someone started to analyze why I say it, if I said it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my esfp brother-in-law also has this minor obsession with things he hates, but he will usually pitch it as a matter of objectivity, i.e. "that is so [qualitatively] BAD" (this was not in english and is a bit hard to translate).

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nowisthetime View Post
    I was thinking Fi demonstrative. SEIs often express distaste very clearly, often just with facial expressions. But I wouldn't react very well if someone started to analyze why I say it, if I said it.
    so for me it's "what the creatures could do that produces feelings" Ni (perception of the object and the idea of where it may lead in time) leading to Fi ("oh this produces unknown feelings in me"); causing me to shriek back violently from them.

so to him is it "I hate mimes because they do this (put their hands up in the air and walk towards monster and make him feel uncomfortable)"?
    -