Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: IEIs/INFps what is your MBTI type?

  1. #1
    Rim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Transilvania
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default IEIs/INFps what is your MBTI type?

    so i have been typed as IEI (not by me) and I finally managed to understand that I have Te POLR yaaaaaay...indeed. I'm cursed...i know.

    <.< now the question is how does this translate into MBTI. I have some serious doubts about being a J, more specifically INFJ. INFP maybe, ISFP more likely, IxTP is likely too...and sometime I swear ENTP descriptions fit me lol.

    If we take the functions IEI should be MBTI INFJ...but thats odd cus I'm such a P..rocrastinator.

    As the title states . What is your MBTI type IEIs?
    Last edited by Rim; 04-28-2013 at 09:17 PM.


    Big5 rxUa|I| 6w7- 4 - 1 So/Sx
    = Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =
    Alignment: Neutral Good-ish / Snarky-Needy Bastard

  2. #2
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    descriptions are tricky, you shouldn't rely on them, honestly, most people are a bit of everything; I can, for instance be a romantic lyracist in my moments of writing and reading glory, however I'm not that type for all of the other reasons; for instance I don't value Fe/Se, I'm particularly not a victim type; I don't savor in the weakness of other individuals.

  3. #3
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,129
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Infp.

    The J P difference between mbti and socionics is half overlapping. Half the time there is no change.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  4. #4
    Rim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Transilvania
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Infp.

    The J P difference between mbti and socionics is half overlapping. Half the time there is no change.
    I think I'm leaning more towards IxFP too. INFP fits well enough if I consider that i'm a much older, cynical and desensetized one. Makes sense why i respond with sarcasm to idealism. I do test INFP almost all the time in MBTI.

    <.< but how do we explain the massive shift in valued functions? IEI valued functions are Ni Fe Ti Se...which is basically MBTI INFJ.


    Big5 rxUa|I| 6w7- 4 - 1 So/Sx
    = Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =
    Alignment: Neutral Good-ish / Snarky-Needy Bastard

  5. #5
    FoxOnStilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    TN
    TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Posts
    780
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    <.< but how do we explain the massive shift in valued functions? IEI valued functions are Ni Fe Ti Se...which is basically MBTI INFJ.
    The functions between the two systems have different definitions.

  6. #6
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,796
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    INFJ was the closest fit when I was researching MBTI. I've even participated shortly with INFJs.com forum and it felt like a good fit, while reading INFP forums I got an impression that most of them would be EIIs here. The INFJs have Ni as first function so typing as INFJ and IEI there weren't any contradictions.
    @Rim you had a few other threads where most of the types that were brought up were Ij ones, what made you pick IEI?
    Last edited by silke; 04-29-2013 at 10:51 PM.

  7. #7
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    EIE 9w8-5-4 s?
    Posts
    1,524
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    INTP

    And Te-PoLR lets you see fairies.
    Reason is a whore.

  8. #8
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    <.< now the question is how does this translate into MBTI.
    There is no such thing, or it isn't needed. If you have found your sociotype, then that is your true type. If you want more information on your type you should just get to know more how the relationships work and model A in theory and practise, DCNH can also help understanding this more. MBTI and Socionics are basically trying to do the same thing, but Socionics captures the true, real types, so no translation needed.

    Also remember that descriptions (if they are good) don't necessarily describe you, but they describe your type as it is commonly manifested in balanced individuals.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Posts
    2,489
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rim View Post
    so i have been typed as IEI (not by me) and I finally managed to understand that I have Te POLR yaaaaaay...indeed. I'm cursed...i know.

    <.< now the question is how does this translate into MBTI. I have some serious doubts about being a J, more specifically INFJ. INFP maybe, ISFP more likely, IxTP is likely too...and sometime I swear ENTP descriptions fit me lol.

    If we take the functions IEI should be MBTI INFJ...but thats odd cus I'm such a P..rocrastinator.

    As the title states . What is your MBTI type IEIs?
    When you get down to the molecular level I don't think it does translate, ie not just the dichotomies, but the functions appear to be defined differently as well. Bizarre thing is though that decent MBTI descriptions that you get in MBTI books you need to pay for (not internet freebie ones) tie in OK with the socionic descriptions ie IEI and INFP, so bottom line is I don't think i'd give myself too much of a headache if I were you over it.

    It's a nightmare as well trying to get typed in MBTI for the above reasons and make a comparison to socionics, as intelligent quiet people most likely get INTJ or INTP in tests. I think the best thing to do if you would really like it clarified is look at decent MBTI descriptions as mentioned above and basically have to choose one.

    PS There's been arguments made fwiw that MBTI is better able at representing the types as 'how they are' descriptions rather than the more somewhat philosophical descriptions of socionics, end of day neither here nor there just a different slant which might be interesting to the however who's looking into it/depending on it's usage, eg a decent MBTI description can give a better description of what that type behaves like at work or something, anyway that's a side order of fries tangent there.

    BTW socionics is more complicated because it's got stuff like PoLR, valued unconscious functions, quadras etc, but when it comes down to it you still have to make a choice between one thing or the other, at least with MBTI you can pick a type description and just roll with it.

    Oh I don't associate myself with the IEI type fwiw, but it looked like I could maybe kid on at least I could provide some clarification and type a lot of stuff on an internet site

  10. #10
    Rim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Transilvania
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by siuntal View Post
    INFJ was the closest fit when I was researching MBTI. I've even participated shortly with INFJs.com forum and it felt like a good fit, while reading INFP forums I got an impression that most of them would be EIIs here. The INFJs have Ni as first function so typing as INFJ and IEI there weren't any contradictions.
    @Rim you had a few other threads where most of the types that were brought up were Ij ones, what made you pick IEI?
    The guy who wrote WSWIKI said I am IEI. To be honest it took a long time to get it down to two types ESI or IEI. Its one of those two. In the MBTI I'm more of a ISFP who could pass easy as INFP. Not artistic thou and I don't write poetry meh, mbti descriptions kind of suck.
    Last edited by Rim; 04-30-2013 at 12:57 PM.


    Big5 rxUa|I| 6w7- 4 - 1 So/Sx
    = Fear is a cage where you locked yourself up. Courage & faith in yourself is the key to freedom. =
    = Shit happens. Realx and make the most of it. You can not control what is outside of yourself. =
    Alignment: Neutral Good-ish / Snarky-Needy Bastard

  11. #11
    frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I took the official (ahem!) MBTI® personality assessment instrument twice. First I got ENTP, then INFP a few years later.

    I always thought there was a problem with these types. The MBTI INFPs have Fi as their leading function and they look like some kind of "irrational EIIs". Maybe IEI-Fe will more often score as INFJ while IEI-Ni will be INFP ?

    I saw many famous people typed as (MB)INFP and IEI, like Bjork, Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Albert Camus.

    Anyway, I want to forget MBTI...

    Now that I know the existence of socionics, I can finally be Intuitive dominant, Introvert, AND and Irrational if I want...

  12. #12
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    I took the official (ahem!) MBTI® personality assessment instrument twice. First I got ENTP, then INFP a few years later.

    I always thought there was a problem with these types. The MBTI INFPs have Fi as their leading function and they look like some kind of "irrational EIIs". Maybe IEI-Fe will more often score as INFJ while IEI-Ni will be INFP ?

    I saw many famous people typed as (MB)INFP and IEI, like Bjork, Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Albert Camus.

    Anyway, I want to forget MBTI...

    Now that I know the existence of socionics, I can finally be Intuitive dominant, Introvert, AND and Irrational if I want...
    True MBTI did shit with the introverted types. It's also idiotic to use extroversion/introversion as a bipolar system.

  13. #13
    frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    It's also idiotic to use extroversion/introversion as a bipolar system.
    Right now I don't see the difference between MBTI and socionics on this aspect. I would say that E/I is bipolar in socionics too.

  14. #14
    strangeling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,704
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    INxP.

    Edit: I'll be IEI for this post.

  15. #15
    DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Alps
    TIM
    SiTe 6w5 sp/so
    Posts
    730
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frog View Post
    Right now I don't see the difference between MBTI and socionics on this aspect. I would say that E/I is bipolar in socionics too.
    It is obviously in the nomenclatur but when you read for example type decriptions for many types it's not obvious if they are introverts or extroverts in "real" psychology. I strongly believe that introversion and extroversion is normal distributed(bell curve)

  16. #16
    frog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    It is obviously in the nomenclatur but when you read for example type decriptions for many types it's not obvious if they are introverts or extroverts in "real" psychology. I strongly believe that introversion and extroversion is normal distributed(bell curve)
    I agree, This is one reason why I only read about socionics now. My behavior is 50% extraverted. So, adding this factor to the J/P switch in introverted types, in MBTI I could be any of the 8 N types.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •