Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Romancing styles: victim-victim

  1. #1
    rahmyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    TIM
    IEI-Ni, 4-5-9
    Posts
    76
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Romancing styles: victim-victim

    Anyone want to share joys or frustrations of 2 victims trying to make something happen? If you are a victim in a relationship with another victim (or used to be), how did the relationship come together?

  2. #2
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bitter Moon


  3. #3
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    stab me. no you stab me. no you. I can't you. I can't you.


    the sound was muted but that youtube trailer looked hawt (except for hugh grant). I'm not sure exactly what's happening.

  4. #4
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    stab me. no you stab me. no you. I can't you. I can't you.


    the sound was muted but that youtube trailer looked hawt (except for hugh grant). I'm not sure exactly what's happening.
    It's a good movie. Totally Beta. Hugh Grant plays an ordinary LSI, but Peter Coyote EIE and Emmanuelle Seigner IEI are the victim couple. Their incredibly hot romance ends in a catastrophy.

    (I have sound in the trailer)

  5. #5
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rahmyn View Post
    how did the relationship come together?
    I was overtly aggressive and mixed my behavior up alot to keep her interested.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.

  6. #6
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Always remember that in a victim-victim relationship it is always the other partners fault.

  7. #7
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rahmyn View Post
    Anyone want to share joys or frustrations of 2 victims trying to make something happen? If you are a victim in a relationship with another victim (or used to be), how did the relationship come together?
    Possible if the 2 are not both Logical or Ethical types and one is extroverted. However rather uncomfortable overall from a strictly romantic pov. Ime not because they both send "mixed signals" and it may get puzzling, as they claim, but because you understand the person's strategies and tricks all too well and you'd selfishly want them to play the Aggressor a bit more. This may result in tiresome provocations if left unchecked.

  8. #8
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Always remember that in a victim-victim relationship it is always the other partners fault.
    Hehe, I'm gonna tell the story of my victim - victim relationship and it was totally his fault

    I was in a LTR with an ILI. It was all sorts of disastrous. We started the relationship thinking we were so similar (deceptively similar in a weirdo INxx kind of way I think), but it soon became obvious that we're very different and completely incompatible. He was a strange mixture of coldness/PMS He was always in his head and also passive/victimy when it came to relationship issues, which I absolutely hated him for. Whenever I changed my attitude and became more assertive, he soaked it up and told me how different I'm being (as in better than my usual lame self).

    We could just lie in a bed all day doing nothing (and not in a good way). All I wanted was to do and experience new things with him, but he was never up for anything (probably I was the problem here and he would gladly do things with some other girl ). At the end he was cold as a rock and didn't show an ounce of understanding for my opinions and problems. It was like he respected everybody else way more than me. As a result I became depressed, clingy and needy and that was the end of it. When he dumped me he said he never trusted me due to my flirty nature- not the reason I expected at all

    I admit I was so fucked up after the relationship I probably wouldn't date another ILI, even if I really liked him (which I often do )

  9. #9
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @darya I can sympathise, a lot of the things which turn on/mobilize and activate an IEI or ILI are mutually exclusive; and those which turn one on will turn off the other. Particularly ideas about how emotions should be expressed and debates/discussions should be had. I don't think its a very good pairing unless they are willing to be completely silly in tandem, which is better in friendship than relationship.

  10. #10
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    @InvisibleJim Totally, I'ts like you're speaking two completely different love languages. You're trying to reach someone and the other one gets annoyed and turned off and just pulls further away. And the fights never get resolved, it's like two aliens trying to prove their point. It's very interesting, cause for friendships ILI's totally work for me .

    I've dated many different people since, but not one relationship was so frustrating (I've never dated and was never attracted to LSE though, lucky me hehe). We were much more in synch, although they were superficially ( and by hobbies, interests, world view) way more different than me (compared to ILI guy).

  11. #11
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Totally, I'ts like you're speaking two completely different love languages. You're trying to reach someone and the other one gets annoyed and turned off and just pulls further away. And the fights never get resolved, it's like two aliens trying to prove their point. It's very interesting, cause for friendships ILI's totally work for me .

    I've dated many different people since, but not one relationship was so frustrating (I've never dated and was never attracted to LSE though, lucky me hehe). We were much more in synch, although they were superficially ( and by hobbies, interests, world view) way more different than me (compared to ILI guy).
    This.

  12. #12
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Hehe, I'm gonna tell the story of my victim - victim relationship and it was totally his fault

    I was in a LTR with an ILI. It was all sorts of disastrous. We started the relationship thinking we were so similar (deceptively similar in a weirdo INxx kind of way I think), but it soon became obvious that we're very different and completely incompatible. He was a strange mixture of coldness/PMS He was always in his head and also passive/victimy when it came to relationship issues, which I absolutely hated him for. Whenever I changed my attitude and became more assertive, he soaked it up and told me how different I'm being (as in better than my usual lame self).

    We could just lie in a bed all day doing nothing (and not in a good way). All I wanted was to do and experience new things with him, but he was never up for anything (probably I was the problem here and he would gladly do things with some other girl ). At the end he was cold as a rock and didn't show an ounce of understanding for my opinions and problems. It was like he respected everybody else way more than me. As a result I became depressed, clingy and needy and that was the end of it. When he dumped me he said he never trusted me due to my flirty nature- not the reason I expected at all

    I admit I was so fucked up after the relationship I probably wouldn't date another ILI, even if I really liked him (which I often do )
    That sounds exactly like a (former) couple i knew out in California.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If itís a disease, itís nobodyís fault. Yay empiricism.

  13. #13
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,785
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    This.
    I'm glad we agree we're toxic for each other

  14. #14
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I'm glad we agree we're toxic for each other
    I once had an IEI lodger, we learnt that although we were friendly that living together was effectively like operating two seperate and distinct units and never shall the twain meet.

    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Kindred
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 05-12-2014 at 06:35 PM. Reason: wikisocion link

  15. #15
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,879
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    This
     



    and this
     




    bouncing the ball back and forth...until someone decides to take the ball and go home.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  16. #16
    Queen of the Damned Aylen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    MACS0647-JD
    TIM
    ILI ~ 458 sx/sp
    Posts
    9,879
    Mentioned
    728 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    @darya I can sympathise, a lot of the things which turn on/mobilize and activate an IEI or ILI are mutually exclusive; and those which turn one on will turn off the other. Particularly ideas about how emotions should be expressed and debates/discussions should be had. I don't think its a very good pairing unless they are willing to be completely silly in tandem, which is better in friendship than relationship.
    and on that note...My longest most beneficial relationship was with an ILI who taught me to think more and feel less. If you can't beat them, join them... Toward the middle of our relationship we were like best friends and at the end we were family... and most people don't want to fuck family.

    "When I ought to be thinking of heaven he will nail me to earth"

     







  17. #17
    Moderator Reficulris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,041
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh come on, put the NSFW in front of the subject and post your favorite Victim on Victim porn video!!!

  18. #18
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reficulris View Post
    Oh come on, put the NSFW in front of the subject and post your favorite Victim on Victim porn video!!!
    Two people in latex whipping each other and yelling 'I don't like it, stop!' until both spontaneously climax?

  19. #19
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,023
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default


  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    TIM
    9w1
    Posts
    2,774
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    unholy water sanguine addiction

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •