Thread: Duality

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Duality

"What Should You Look for in Your Perfect Match?" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/heidi-...b_3081734.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oh Nashi

makes me miss someone

I remember when I used the words "Honey, do you want me to take care of that?" last time. It makes me want to cry thinking about it.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Oh Nashi

makes me miss someone

I remember when I used the words "Honey, do you want me to take care of that?" last time. It makes me want to cry thinking about it.
    I think it's time for some "Honey, could you please take care of that for me?"
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    He did that without me asking.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

-

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think that article describes duality. It sounded more like two people with complementary life plans, not information systems.
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 04-24-2013 at 06:08 AM.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I do not think that article describes duality. It sounded more like two people with commentary life plans, not information systems.
    "divide and conquer"
    -

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oh Nashi

makes me miss someone

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Nashi

makes me miss someone

Last edited by nanashi; 04-01-2021 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

except that it IS traits that are complementary here: "it basically boils down to a particular kind of talent sharing. Research we have conducted with other members of Columbia's Motivation Science Center has shown that people tend to see their goals in one of two ways -- ways that determine their relative strengths and weaknesses, as well as how they work best.

If you think about your goals in terms of the potential advancement, accomplishments and rewards they might bring -- in terms of what you would gain if you are successful -- you have what's called a "promotion focus." Consequently, your strengths (relative to those who aren't as strongly promotion-focused) include creativity, openness, and the ability to identify and seize new opportunities."
    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    I do not think that article describes duality. It sounded more like two people with complementary life plans, not information systems.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/heidi-...b_3081734.html