Thread: The vs function of personal knowledge

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The vs function of personal knowledge

if every type has a function of personal knowledge then why is enfp esfp hidden agenda.. to know?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stop. it's socionics. it's not supposed to make sense.

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

model a function of personal knowledge... an esfp is to know.... does that mean they focus on their Si more than other types focus on their function of personal knowledge ?

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlavaPHP View Post
    model a function of personal knowledge... an esfp is to know.... does that mean they focus on their Si more than other types focus on their function of personal knowledge ?
    No, like William said, it's related to their Te.
    Just like for Ti creative, it's related to their Fe.
    For Ne creative types, it's related to their Si.
    Etc.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te shouldn't be to know... everyone knows things

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlavaPHP View Post
    Te shouldn't be to know... everyone knows things
    Yes, every type knows things, but not every type is driven to experience or know a variety of different things.

You could just as easily say that everyone understands things, so the Ti HA shouldn't be to understand. Or everyone wants to be healthy, so Si HA shouldn,t be to be healthy. Etc.

The hidden agenda is information which mobilizes a type. It 'governs their intention and behavior', it's something that they have a difficult time with, but actively strive for.

For example, my daughter (SeFi) has been interested in yarn crafts for quite a few years. Crochet, tatting, weaving, etc. She's also a social creature who wants to learn and do these things with others. So I (NeFi) have been learning them as well so I can get to some of the basic principles of the craft she wants to do, to make it easier to teach her or help her learn. (she doesn't read/hear for learning, she prefers to see/do, and due to the autism related factor, she needs things to be very specific and well planned out)

Ok, so while I'm learning these things, and helping her learn, I pick up on the basic principles faster and I get bored more easily than her, so I start moving into more complex things BEFORE I have the actual skill level. I also tend to jump around in the general subject, primarily because I just want to know the basics of it, and see if it's something I like. I can't be consistent in anything, nor stick with anything, even if I like it, because a new topic always enters the picture, and I then want to delve into that a little bit. She does too. She'll see me branching out, think what I am learning looks interesting, and will want to learn that too. (as long as it's something rather concrete.)

But wait, you say, Ti creatives also do similar. Well yes, but there are a few differences.
    Ti creative is also Te demonstrative. So 3d Ti = 4d Te. It,s a vital (subconscious) strength of theirs, without having to put in much effort, and it's subdued rather than valued, so they see no need to try to improve it.

While 3d Fi creative = 2d Te HA. Which means that it is a weakness. It is also a valued element. So they work towards strengthening it. 2d deals with rules and norms, and is part of the developing process between personal experience (1d) and handling situational differences (3d). It's like trying to learn the rules or norms before learning how and when those rules/norms can be broken or deviated from. ExFp may never get to the situational side of a topic, and most likely won't, having instead moved on to something else to learn a little about.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because Model A sucks and Ganin who came up with the idea of HA is not an authority on typology, much less types or people.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always count on anndelise to clear the bases for you.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise View Post
    Yes, every type knows things, but not every type is driven to experience or know a variety of different things.

You could just as easily say that everyone understands things, so the Ti HA shouldn't be to understand. Or everyone wants to be healthy, so Si HA shouldn,t be to be healthy. Etc.

The hidden agenda is information which mobilizes a type. It 'governs their intention and behavior', it's something that they have a difficult time with, but actively strive for.

For example, my daughter (SeFi) has been interested in yarn crafts for quite a few years. Crochet, tatting, weaving, etc. She's also a social creature who wants to learn and do these things with others. So I (NeFi) have been learning them as well so I can get to some of the basic principles of the craft she wants to do, to make it easier to teach her or help her learn. (she doesn't read/hear for learning, she prefers to see/do, and due to the autism related factor, she needs things to be very specific and well planned out)

Ok, so while I'm learning these things, and helping her learn, I pick up on the basic principles faster and I get bored more easily than her, so I start moving into more complex things BEFORE I have the actual skill level. I also tend to jump around in the general subject, primarily because I just want to know the basics of it, and see if it's something I like. I can't be consistent in anything, nor stick with anything, even if I like it, because a new topic always enters the picture, and I then want to delve into that a little bit. She does too. She'll see me branching out, think what I am learning looks interesting, and will want to learn that too. (as long as it's something rather concrete.)

But wait, you say, Ti creatives also do similar. Well yes, but there are a few differences.
    Ti creative is also Te demonstrative. So 3d Ti = 4d Te. It,s a vital (subconscious) strength of theirs, without having to put in much effort, and it's subdued rather than valued, so they see no need to try to improve it.

While 3d Fi creative = 2d Te HA. Which means that it is a weakness. It is also a valued element. So they work towards strengthening it. 2d deals with rules and norms, and is part of the developing process between personal experience (1d) and handling situational differences (3d). It's like trying to learn the rules or norms before learning how and when those rules/norms can be broken or deviated from. ExFp may never get to the situational side of a topic, and most likely won't, having instead moved on to something else to learn a little about.

You're right... Ti isn't to understand... it pretty much boils down to this....

ENTp Hidden agenda is....extraverted ethics = internal dynamics of objects

That means that they don't do Fe and need Fe gratification to feel whole..

Someone with Ti Hidden agenda needs credit for doing... introverted logic = external statics of fields....

There is no judgement or perception, just information spaces and data structures... (ie. Implication -> vs inequality >)

I like the external/internal statics/dynamics fields/objects better than Ti/Ti Fi/Fe Si/Se Ni/Ne
    -Slava

ENTP/INTP

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implication (a -> b), inequality (a > b), association (a ~ b), definition (a = b) ... value operator value, for all of them... same structure though the only difference is the operator you use.
    -Slava

ENTP/INTP

TIM
    ENTP / INTj
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one problem with any system, including the statics/dynamics... is that they are all constructed in one point of view... a field can be an object and and object can be a field... we just have to pick one and work with it. A bit depressing since it implies that there is a limit to how far you can take socionics.
    -Slava

ENTP/INTP