EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score is 42, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

GALEN STRIKES THE MIDDLE GROUND ONCE MORE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

36 neither low nor high
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    I got 79 - moderately high

This would actually be a good test for introversion vs extraversion if it weren't for the fact that "being yourself" is now an objective value, and the other fact that one can choose, for personal reasons, to be a flake.
    And except that three extroverts scored below the average.

Also Maritsa stop making irrelevant threads in inappropriate forums.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

extraverts, being adaptive, tend to be highly adjustive.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This would actually be a good test for introversion vs extraversion if it weren't for the fact that "being yourself" is now an objective value, and the other fact that one can choose, for personal reasons, to be a flake.
    Not socionics' Xe/Xi.

I'm sure some people will suggest high monitors are Fe, low are Fi.
    Or high are Fs, low are Ts.
    Or high are enneagram so first, low are so last.
    Etc
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

It is.

Vois LoVeya...please be my socionics talk buddy please?
    -

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes... you could use that as proof of it being a poor test for introversion vs extraversion.
    Uhm sure, in the same sense that it's a poor test for diabetes.

Anndelise probably got it closer with the high/low Social instinct.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

No, I really don't think it is. Because it only asks what you do, not why you do it.
    eh, details.
    -

TIM
    6 sp
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score is 52, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't bother with the test. I already know I tend to censor myself quite a bit. My problem tends to be finding the middle ground between caring too much what others think and not giving a damn.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Your score is 45, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Ambiversion strikes again.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 43.

Mostly because I have taken some acting courses, I suppose?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Mostly because I have taken some acting courses, I suppose?
    Drama school is cool.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I did it again more honestly and got 60.

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

29, low-moderate.

Creepy-bg

Your score is 56, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score is 29, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score is 25, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are a MODERATELY LOW self-monitor.

That seems low for an IEI.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    It is.

Vois LoVeya...please be my socionics talk buddy please?
    You want her to be your socionics buddy because she shows a tendency to mindlessly agree wit things she does not truly believe? That's actually perfect. That would work out well.

(No h8, Vois.)
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Your score is 22.

Yes... you could use that as proof of it being a poor test for introversion vs extraversion.
    There are probably multiple factors contributing to someone's proclivity to self-monitor such that it won't reduce neatly to a single dichotomy.

I've looked up self-monitoring on wiki and a couple of random studies to see what it might possibly correlate with and here are a few snippets:

"There are several theories within social psychology that are closely related to the self-monitoring construct. Icek Ajzen argues that subjective norms are an important antecedent to determining behavioral intention in the Theory of Reasoned Action/Theory of Planned Behavior. High self-monitors tend to weigh subjective norms more heavily than low self-monitors. ... The self-monitoring construct would identify that high self-monitors may be more susceptible to informational cascades and herd mentality. High self-monitors are more motivated to attain high social status than low self-monitors. Research drawing on the Elaboration Likelihood Model suggests that high self-monitors, more than low self-monitors, react favorably to peripheral processing of advertising images consistent with high social status."

"High self-monitors tend to be social pragmatists who are chameleon-like in adjusting the public expression of their attitudes and behavior to fit with the expectations of others. High self-monitors are also likely to construct and project images with the goal of impressing others—termed a status enhancement motive by Gangestad and Snyder. Conversely, low self-monitors are likely to attempt actively to convey to others that they present no false images. Low self-monitors appear to be both less willing and less able to project impressions that are different from their privately experienced self. In this sense, Gangestad and Snyder suggested that low self-monitors also care about their impressions, but only to the extent that the impression is a genuine reflection of self. As such, the low self-monitor may be operating under a self-validation motive and may tend to use impression management as a principled strategy of representing their ‘‘true self’’ to others. ... Results also indicated that self-monitoring was positively related to role conflict and role ambiguity, suggesting that high self-monitors were more likely to experience (or report) greater role stress than low self-monitors ... high self-monitors reported lower organizational commitment is consistent with the literature from basic social psychology showing that high self-monitors often report lower levels of interpersonal commitment and less stable social bonds." (link)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Your score is 25 ... That seems low for an IEI.
    nope

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

42. same as galen

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Your score is 52, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Self-monitoring refers to how a person behaves in different contexts (ie, work, visiting friends, or shopping). A high self-monitoring person is someone who monitors and adapts their own behavior to match their surroundings. A low self monitor tends to use their internal values and beliefs to figure out how to behave.

In other words, a low self monitor will exhibit the same behavior in different contexts, whether it's a meeting at work, softball game with friends, or family reunion. A high self monitor will act differently in these different contexts, perhaps acting more formally at work or cracking jokes with friends, if that is what others are doing.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your score is 46, on a scale of 0 (low self-monitor) to 100 (high self-monitor). You are neither a high nor low self-monitor.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)