Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Third Base isn't home run

  1. #1
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default Third Base isn't home run


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I love me some Ne.

    How is this title related to Activity relationships?
    You asked for some Ne...

  3. #3
    Pookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Posts
    2,125
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah but triples make you feel better than Homers, because they're rarer, and require the type of luck one can't conjure alone.

    Also, a double but then you steal third. Thats pretty dope. Makes you feel like a Baws.
    I would say that ethically you are still supposed to act as if you have unilateral responsibility; but simultaneously you have to be able to see the other as a fully autonomous, free, aware person.

    Medicalizing social problems has the additional benefit of rendering society not responsible for those social ills. If it’s a disease, it’s nobody’s fault. Yay empiricism.

  4. #4
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh please, duals are just normal people who are likely to be indispensable in a workplace setting. They make you more productive. Dating a dual is possible - but the romance is emergent, it is not a sparkling love at first sight thing.

    Maritsa mistypes then men she dates, calling Jadae an LSE, and that writer dude, who she now calls an ESE. Activity could be great. They are not "third base." Duals are not the only option.
     
    God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper


    Socionics -
    the16types.info

  5. #5
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Do you consider normal people indispensable? Or are certain individuals in the workplace dispensable?
    Everyone is dispensable!
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  6. #6
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Oh please, duals are just normal people who are likely to be indispensable in a workplace setting. They make you more productive. Dating a dual is possible - but the romance is emergent, it is not a sparkling love at first sight thing.
    "Dating duals is possible"? What an understatement.

    It can be love at first sight. Duality IS special, let's not undervalue it, even though other things are needed also. In my opinion duality is the most romantic relationship, no other combination offers the sense of lightness and freedom and fun.

    Yes, they can be good at work, one reason is that they protect superego (which is often under pressure at work, especially if you don't have your ideal job).

  7. #7
    InvisibleJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Si vis pacem
    TIM
    para bellum
    Posts
    4,832
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *wipes away single solitary tear*

    Oh, duality.

  8. #8
    Creepy-bg

    Default

    maybe each duality pair is a different "type" of duality with different dynamics, pace, and intensity.

  9. #9
    Local Hero Saberstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Isle of Man
    TIM
    Robespierre
    Posts
    2,064
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    maybe each duality pair is a different "type" of duality with different dynamics, pace, and intensity.
    Perhaps. That is interesting. Augustinaviciute (my God, I spelled that correctly the first time!) has the initiative in dual relations is in the hands of the extrovert partner. Thus, this means an LII guy will await signals from the ESE, and await invitation to social events wherein Romance is a possibility. Until that time, I think she is a heck of a good girl, but will downplay my romantic needs.

    (In the mean time, will be I lusting after my Fe-IEI benefactors...)
     
    God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper


    Socionics -
    the16types.info

  10. #10
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bg View Post
    maybe each duality pair is a different "type" of duality with different dynamics, pace, and intensity.
    I thought that was a given. Hence the duality descriptions floating around... somewhere. (I think they're on the socionika site.)
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    18,006
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Everyone is dispensable!
    Yup, graveyards are full of indispensable people.

  12. #12
    "Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    near Russia
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    1,025
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    Perhaps. That is interesting. Augustinaviciute (my God, I spelled that correctly the first time!) has the initiative in dual relations is in the hands of the extrovert partner. Thus, this means an LII guy will await signals from the ESE, and await invitation to social events wherein Romance is a possibility. Until that time, I think she is a heck of a good girl, but will downplay my romantic needs.
    But that's in theory. Nothing wrong in helping destiny a little.

    (In the mean time, will be I lusting after my Fe-IEI benefactors...)
    You should go for those wonderful H-ESE women. You're lucky to have them as your ideal mach. The H even gives them a slight impression of IEI that you seem to be craving.

  13. #13
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Yeah but triples make you feel better than Homers, because they're rarer, and require the type of luck one can't conjure alone.

    Also, a double but then you steal third. Thats pretty dope. Makes you feel like a Baws.
    LOL

  14. #14
    Haikus Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    22,740
    Mentioned
    531 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Bump.

    I love me some Ne.



    How is this title related to Activity relationships?

    Baseball is an activity.

    Do you score 'home runs' more often with your duals, Maritsa?
    If you require one to one correlation, pls look at another valued function than Te.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •