Thread: Relationship Attachment Styles - Profiles and Test

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Relationship Attachment Styles - Profiles and Test

Short quiz that scores along anxiety and avoidance scales placing you into one of the four quadrants: Secure, Preoccupied, Fearful, and Dismissing: attachment styles test

Extended descriptions of each style:
    Type: Secure
    Type: Fearful-Avoidant (aka Anxious-Avoidant)
    Type: Anxious-Preoccupied
    Type: Dismissive-Avoidant

Attachment styles relationship compatibility: https://jebkinnison.com/2014/05/05/a...relationships/
    Secure attachment style is predicted to be most compatible with another Secure style and can also match Fearful style.
    Dismissive attachment style is most often matched by Preoccupied attachment style.

Self-esteem and Attachment Type
    Attachment Styles Statistics: Prevalence in Dating Pool
    Avoidant: emotions supressed beneath conscious level
    Anxous-Preoccupied and Dismissive-Avoidant Couples

my result: According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.82/7.0, your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.78/7.0. Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant.

Last edited by silke; 05-18-2017 at 07:18 PM.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.44, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.45, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.10, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.20, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

This is really interesting too: http://www.mindfulnessmuse.com/indiv...-relationships

Preoccupied/Anxious Attachment Style:

A preoccupied or anxious attachment style may manifest itself in an adult appearing to be “all caught up” or ensnared in preoccupations about current or past relationships. It is almost as if these individuals don’t have room in their own minds for their own minds… they are completely filled with thoughts about other people and preserving relationships. The central theme of this attachment style is a fear of losing relationships.

You may guess that this attachment style tends to develop in children whose parents were inconsistently available or unpredictable. This can leave children feeling preoccupied with how to hold on to those important relationships, which were perplexing or unstable. Teyber and McClure (2011) note that “many preoccupied [individuals] grew up enmeshed (and often parentified) with an unpredictable parent who was too often caught up in his/her own emotional upheavals to be able to be a safe haven and provide containment and affect regulation for the child.”

*Yes, this is true about me! "Parentification is the process of role reversal whereby a child is obliged to act as parent to their own parent. In extreme cases, the child is used to fill the void of the alienating parent's emotional life." Yes, my mom and I had this type of relationship.

Typical statements of a preoccupied adult:

“I’m often wondering whether she really cares about me or not.”
    “I often feel dependent on him for emotional support.”
    “I turn to him when I’m upset, but it doesn’t really help me feel much better.”

http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyoura...lt=Preoccupied

You expect others to love and respect you, but you're still working on loving and respecting yourself.
    You crave intimacy, and sometimes you try to get too close to people too quickly.

You are afraid of being rejected, and you feel ashamed if someone else doesn't share your feelings.
    You tend to alternately push people away and overwhelm them. It's hard for you to find a happy medium.
    Last edited by jet city woman; 04-19-2013 at 06:02 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.55, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.89, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

I'm extremely secure
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting poll/quiz, although I question it's accuracy.

My results:

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.70, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.80, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.70, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 1.80, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
    I'm more secure than you?

Socionics killed my record of having the best relationships. LOL
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    “I’m often wondering whether she really cares about me or not.”
    “I often feel dependent on him for emotional support.”
    “I turn to him when I’m upset, but it doesn’t really help me feel much better.”
    I can see that in SLI

Also I can also see that in LSE

And maybe it's food for thought for me.

OR, MAYBE THEY SHOULD JUST COME OVER AND GET SOME
    -

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.1 anxiety
    4.6 avoidance
    Places me in the Dismissing quadra.

It's true that I am uncomfortable depending on someone else, and that I don't turn to my partners regarding my deep personal anxieties. However, I am still a dependent on R, and I do feel comfortable asking him for help for physical stuff (which I do ask of...a lot).

Normally I am highly anxious in my relationships, but with R I'm only anxious that something external will pull him away from me. I trust him, and trust his attachment to me. He's the only guy I've been with who hasn't hit my anxiety triggers, and who, for some unknown reason, accepts me despite all my faults.

Without R, I'd be in the fearful-avoidant quadra....with very high anxiety and very high avoidance.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.25, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.33, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance)."

"Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders."

Wow, I expected my anxiety to be a lot higher.

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vois View Post
    Identibros

TIM
    No. E9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

attachment-related anxiety score is 2.25
    attachment-related avoidance score is 3.25

I think I'm more avoidant than that actually.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.25, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 5.75, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing quadrant. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

blank.gif

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one of the explanations for why dating is harder in 30s ad 40s

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.44, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 2.50, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).
    Capture.JPG
    Looking for an Archnemesis. Willing applicants contact via PM.

ENFp - Fi 7w6 sp/sx
    The Ineffable IEI
    The Einstein ENTp

johari nohari
    http://www.mypersonality.info/ssmall/

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 4.11, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.89, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance). Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.83, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.00, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

++can't copy the image, but the blue dot is on the first marked level of the "low avoidance" scale, secure quadrant.

As you can see in this graph, the two dimensions of anxiety and avoidance can be combined to create interesting combinations of attachment styles. For example people who are low in both attachment-related anxiety and avoidance are generally considered secure because they don't typically worry about whether their partners are going to reject them and they are comfortable being emotionally close to others.Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that's a bit of a surprise!

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.
    lol
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    one of the explanations for why dating is harder in 30s ad 40s

SEE

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.28, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.17, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

We have plotted your two scores in the two-dimensional space defined by attachment-related anxiety and avoidance. Your approximate position in this space is denoted by the blue dot. (Note: If you left any of the questions unanswered, then these scores may be inaccurate.)

As you can see in this graph, the two dimensions of anxiety and avoidance can be combined to create interesting combinations of attachment styles. For example people who are low in both attachment-related anxiety and avoidance are generally considered secure because they don't typically worry about whether their partners are going to reject them and they are comfortable being emotionally close to others.

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhh lol

Banned
    TIM
    SLE/LSE sx/sp
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Unable to provide link to graph via imigur at present, however results say:

"As you can see in this graph, the two dimensions of anxiety and avoidance can be combined to create interesting combinations of attachment styles. For example people who are low in both attachment-related anxiety and avoidance are generally considered secure because they don't typically worry about whether their partners are going to reject them and they are comfortable being emotionally close to others.

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the secure region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that secure people tend to have relatively enduring and satisfying relationships. They are comfortable expressing their emotions, and tend not to suffer from depression and other psychological disorders."

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 1.61, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.44, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

attachment1.PNG

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I recently took a test that measured dozens of areas, and my vulnerability score was the highest area. I bet that's strongly related to this.
    SEE

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anxiety - 4,28/7
    avoidance - 5,22/7
    Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the fearful region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that fearful people tend to have much difficulty in their relationships. They tend to avoid becoming emotionally attached to others, and, even in cases in which they do enter a committed relationship, the relationship may be characterized by mistrust or a lack of confidence.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 3.78, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 4.65, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the dismissing region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that dismissing people tend to prefer their own autonomy--oftentimes at the expense of their close relationships. Although dismissing people often have high self-confidence, they sometimes come across as hostile or competitive by others, and this often interferes with their close relationships.

Last edited by Moonbeaux Rainfox; 04-06-2015 at 09:21 AM.

TIM
    4w5 so/sx INFp-Fe
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got Preoccupied and I very much relate to the brief description.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

bumping this with updated style profiles and a few more articles in the op

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my results are anxious-preoccupied.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    bumping this with updated style profiles and a few more articles in the op
    Preoccupied and Avoidant often match up, but it is a very dysfunctional and destructive combo!

Everyone is best off with a Secure person.

Please edit that part...
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

[Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 2.28, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.17, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

We have plotted your two scores in the two-dimensional space defined by attachment-related anxiety and avoidance. Your approximate position in this space is denoted by the blue dot. (Note: If you left any of the questions unanswered, then these scores may be inaccurate.)

As you can see in this graph, the two dimensions of anxiety and avoidance can be combined to create interesting combinations of attachment styles. For example people who are low in both attachment-related anxiety and avoidance are generally considered secure because they don't typically worry about whether their partners are going to reject them and they are comfortable being emotionally close to others.

There I was again. My back pressed against the wall.

My head hung so low it looked like my neck might snap. The weight of lost love bared down again. Why could I never learn? Why did I always have to fall in love so quickly?

My old belief was that love was simply unicorns and butterflies. It was only pleasant—pleasurable, and should work, without any work.

This was naive and blatantly not true, but it didn’t stop me from believing it.

I used to love, so I could fill that part of myself that I couldn’t love.

There’s a part of me that desperately seeks fixing. It doesn’t feel good enough. It’s my shyness, it’s my laziness, it’s my near constant anxiety.

It’s my fear. It’s my hate. It’s my judgement.

I start to fear myself when I find myself falling into love again.

I know I’m going to get lost. I know I’m going to give too much. I know I’m going to lose track of what’s important.

When I love I lose: my relationships, my work, my force, my current life.

I stumble into a new world. One that feels pleasurable, yet fleeting. Cling to this, hold on tight, it’s going to leave. It’s going to crumble away—it always does.

In this breaking, is where I realize what I’ve done. I realize where I’ve lost my path. I realize the wounds I still have left to acknowledge. I realize the potent power of love, mostly when it leaves.

But, I prefer to risk cracking my own heart than to withhold this love, even for a second.

Love always leads to loss. Death is always there.

Heartbreak. Loss. Pain. These are forms of love too.

These are the depths of love. Yet, these are the feelings we run from. We repress, and become numb. Fearing this side of what we love so much. This almost matters more than the love itself.

More than the bliss. More than the understanding. More than dissolving your boundaries into another. More than the multi-orgasmic sex.

Being afraid of the dark is no way to live in the light. We must plunge in, fall, experience and relish. We must never retreat.

I love to discover, but I also love because I’m an addict. I can’t get enough of these feelings.

Those feelings I can’t generate for myself. Those feelings that run so deep they speak with Spirit herself. Those feelings that make perfect sense, but also carry perfect fear.

I prefer to stumble madly into the pulse of the universe.

I want to spend my life buried in these feelings, digging through the rubble.

Reading about love can never get you close to what’s real. Talking about love doesn’t work either. Only by stumbling downhill and risking your entire heart, your entire life, can you begin to feel what our purpose is, as lovers.

So, yes, I might fall in love too fast. I might be reckless with my love. My heart may be covered in bandages. But, when I remove these bandages, at least I can say I was willing.

I was willing to love the wrong people, at the wrong time. I was willing to discover these depths. I was willing to walk blind into eventual pain. I was willing to be courageous.

Loving fully is brave. It takes a warrior. Only a coward withholds and hides from her heart. When you hide from its intensity you lose out on the one thing that’s worth living for.

Via Kevin Wood on May 30, 2015

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2015...-my-own-heart/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to your questionnaire responses, your attachment-related anxiety score is 5.17, on a scale ranging from 1 (low anxiety) to 7 (high anxiety). Your attachment-related avoidance score is 3.61, on a scale ranging from 1 (low avoidance) to 7 (high avoidance).

Socionics attachment style.png

Combining your anxiety and avoidance scores, you fall into the preoccupied region of the space. Previous research on attachment styles indicates that preoccupied people tend to have highly conflictual relationships. Although they are comfortable expressing their emotions, preoccupied individuals often experience a lot of negative emotions, which can often interfere with their relationships.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm I got anxious preoccupied. I quite agree with this results. I like to be close with people, and I get upset when I feel that people doesn’t want to be close with me.