Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: attention hungry

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default attention hungry

i'm curious what the following people think of my type (socio, egram, whatever).
    i don't think theyve ever said anything about it.
    i prefer this to PMing because i'm bored and there's a higher chance of immediate gratification (maybe i'll get some love from absurd oh yeah) but they can PM me about it if they really HAVE to.

@Animal

@bionichitta

@crazedratfugue

@Narc

@truck

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh yeah and i'm still perched on the edge of my seat awaiting the verdict of @InvisibleJim

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Maybe.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

are you trolling me? do you really have the fucking nerve?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't summoned.
    but Hi.
    you are my identical (ESI). and you are idk, e4 > e6 i think. I thought e6w7 but though I relate to you a lot, you have like a grounding presence while I have a.... all-over-the place/really contradictory personality. or maybe that has to do with subtypes.. Fi> Se.

but I'm a ball of emotions while being a brick wall against emotions. I cry at some commercials or at the idea of something heartfelt. but feel super awkward during emotionally charged exchanges that aren't of my doing. I'm a prodder. I like to ask questions but most of the time I just observe...and only ask questions in certain situations that I feel my questions will seem organic and not out of place (though I might be dying to ask someone something). like, "OoOoHhHH I just thought of this" (when really I thought of this two weeks ago..) I dislike insincere displays of affection, "OMG I love you!!" (when someone tells that to EVERYONE.) I may do it jokingly but the sarcasm is apparent. however, even when I do say it jokingly... it's probably kind of true.

I forgot what my point was...

give the woman what she wants!

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't know about trolling, lungs, didn't cross my mind, but this "maybe i'll get some love from absurd oh yeah" sounds really inviting. Wonder though what made you drop ESI if you did at all - your TIM expanded, I mean. Like a palette of colours and it is not the first time
    Last edited by Absurd; 04-16-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're kinda hard to type. You don't stand out to me as fitting into any of the type cliches.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    I wasn't summoned.
    but Hi.
    you are my identical (ESI). and you are idk, e4 > e6 i think. I thought e6w7 but though I relate to you a lot, you have like a grounding presence while I have a.... all-over-the place/really contradictory personality. or maybe that has to do with subtypes.. Fi> Se.

but I'm a ball of emotions while being a brick wall against emotions. I cry at some commercials or at the idea of something heartfelt. but feel super awkward during emotionally charged exchanges that aren't of my doing. I'm a prodder. I like to ask questions but most of the time I just observe...and only ask questions in certain situations that I feel my questions will seem organic and not out of place (though I might be dying to ask someone something). like, "OoOoHhHH I just thought of this" (when really I thought of this two weeks ago..) I dislike insincere displays of affection, "OMG I love you!!" (when someone tells that to EVERYONE.) I may do it jokingly but the sarcasm is apparent. however, even when I do say it jokingly... it's probably kind of true.

I forgot what my point was...

give the woman what she wants!
    i get the grounded/earthy thing online and in real life and it doesn't really match how i feel a lot of the time but i take it as a compliment.
    i think i hold back more than you do in casual interaction and maybe it makes me seem grounded. the people i'm closer to get the brunt of my volatility. but yeah even then its a different flavor than what i see from you. more "emo," less "cute scatterbrain."
    are e4s supposedly grounded anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by crazedratfugue View Post
    You're kinda hard to type. You don't stand out to me as fitting into any of the type cliches.
    aww, well thanks for responding and not pulling something out of your ass, but you can't even rule anything out?
    no enneagram?
    ....nothing?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lungs, what do you think your type is?

You have 6,475 posts; surely they weren't all pictures of food.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Lungs, what do you think your type is?

You have 6,475 posts; surely they weren't all pictures of food.
    the title of this thread is "attention hungry." surely you know my own opinion of my type isn't really the point.

(well - i did change my TIM to gamma sf. i do that sometimes- need to stretch my legs. i'm sure i'll come back to ESI like i always do. just gotta let this run its course.)

what do you think of my pictures?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i get the grounded/earthy thing online and in real life and it doesn't really match how i feel a lot of the time but i take it as a compliment.
    i think i hold back more than you do in casual interaction and maybe it makes me seem grounded. the people i'm closer to get the brunt of my volatility. but yeah even then its a different flavor than what i see from you. more "emo," less "cute scatterbrain."
    are e4s supposedly grounded anyway?

?
    I'm violatile to people I don't know or like. To those I'm close to they see my indecisive/ second guess myself deposition- oh and that I'm afraid of change while crave it. And I'm kind of emotionally needy: I like to know people around me think I'm funny and care about me. I won't ask it but I think closest to me know I love being loved.

E4 I'd say is less panicky... Less fickle. I wish I was E4.. I def have my 4ish phases but it's in a 6type framework of anxiety/courageousness. Sucks.
    Last edited by blackburry; 04-16-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

oh yeah and i'm still perched on the edge of my seat awaiting the verdict of @InvisibleJim
    i have no idea why two people have liked this post. are you guys as excited about getting an answer from him as i am?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the title of this thread is "attention hungry." surely you know my own opinion of my type isn't really the point.
    Well, it kind of is the point.

There are a few productive reasons for discussing your type:
    1) Learning about types
    2) Attracting alternative opinions
    3) Self-discovery

I think that after that if people still don't have a view, then they don't have a view. It seems to be a relatively mature discussion to start trying to change opinions regarding it, whether individual or amongst a group.

what do you think of my pictures?
    The food looks very nice.

i have no idea why two people have liked this post. are you guys as excited about getting an answer from him as i am?
    Aiss loves me, Mt. Dew also loves me.

Kissy kissy.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

VI: http://anoestrus.tumblr.com/tagged/me

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Well, it kind of is the point.

There are a few productive reasons for discussing your type:
    1) Learning about types
    2) Attracting alternative opinions
    3) Self-discovery

I think that after that if people still don't have a view, then they don't have a view. It seems to be a relatively mature discussion to start trying to change opinions regarding it, whether individual or amongst a group.
    why does it have to be productive or mature? do you come to this forum for the productivity and mature discussion? lol.

i disagree that its mature or productive to try to change peoples opinions about my type - nottt that i haven't tried. but that's how i've learned. it becomes an argument over my sense of identity which is stupid because i have total ownership over my own self-perception and putting it up on the chopping block gives away too much power to other people who in many cases barely know me. i'm still curious what people think. and i still get bothered by it sometimes. but i try my best to deal with it on a take it or leave it basis for that reason.

do you want me to try to persuade you of my self-typing? i wouldn't even know where to start typing.

The food looks very nice.
    lol, thanks

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    I wasn't included in the list, but this IS a typing thread; and I have free attention to feed you.

I believe you're ESI. Like I've said for at least 2 years now. Even when others still believed you were EII.

I see your TIM says 'g SF', so I guess you're considering ESFp. I don't see it. ESFps are more observational, for lack of a better word right now as I'm typing. I see you as more active - more eager to actively defend your beliefs and friendships and relationships, take a stand, where ESFps in general seem more perceptive and light-hearted.

Hope that helps.
    SEE has been suggested privately and i've been compared to @dolphin
    dun dun dun

i think a lot of what might come off as spastic or eager when i'm on the forum is just the fact that i'm fidgety and craving nicotine in a cubicle a lot of the time. lol.

but yeah, i think you're right.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You very much strike me as being from a valuing quadra, so Beta and Gamma. But not Se base. So no SEE or SLE.

LIE and ILI are also not likely, in my opinion. I don't see you exactly exploding with . That makes me think of when someone like Scapegrace or Ashton get into a disagreement with somebody and source validity becomes of utmost importance, because establishing absolute truth is a priority, which doesn't seem pronounced in you.

I'd say it comes down to ESI, LSI, EIE and IEI. You seem to think you don't have much in the way of , though. Maybe you could elaborate on why that is. If you value more than , that would obviously leave ESI and LSI, meaning your type was in the right ballpark.

You should do this test to add to your Enneagram confusion. It may lend some insight, though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i think you have very good empathy for other people's perspectives. i think you have higher cognitive empathy than affective empathy sometimes though , but you are good at both. you also balance what other people say with your own viewpoint than your own even if you don't agree with it. also conflict seems to both frustrate you and turn you on.

You and dolphin are similar I think but how you differ I think she has better affective empathy and u have better cognitive empathy.

a female gamma, an esfp in the same corner of dolphin is possible. I don't think you are Ni-ego. Si-ego is possible. Now that I think about it, I think you really could dual seek Ne a lot, you're kinda constantly looking for random psychological tangents to better absorb into your own psyche. I hope this makes sense.

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe ISFx

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your posts are just likeable like that *shrug*

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    i think you have very good empathy for other people's perspectives. i think you have higher cognitive empathy than affective empathy sometimes though , but you are good at both. you also balance what other people say with your own viewpoint than your own even if you don't agree with it. also conflict seems to both frustrate you and turn you on.

You and dolphin are similar I think but how you differ I think she has better affective empathy and u have better cognitive empathy.

a female gamma, an esfp in the same corner of dolphin is possible. I don't think you are Ni-ego. Si-ego is possible. Now that I think about it, I think you really could dual seek Ne a lot, you're kinda constantly looking for random psychological tangents to better absorb into your own psyche. I hope this makes sense.
    Are you sure she has a vagina?
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bump.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

freaky ass belly buttons.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    freaky ass belly buttons.
    haha, I thought I was the only one who went that far

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why does it have to be productive or mature? do you come to this forum for the productivity and mature discussion?
    I'll look at the VI later, I'm still at the office.

To me a productive discussion is a topic which is relatively immature, a pandoras box or a schroedingers cat.

I think you are an introverted lead because you tend to pivot on your internal compass when you witness events. I also think you value Fi more than Te because you reflect on building satisfactorily stable emotional environments over making progress. Fi-Se, ISFJ seems fair; on the other hand you may be looking over the fence at the difficult Maritsa and assume that is what an Fi lead is like, I don't think Maritsa is a good example of a typical Fi lead.

lol

lung sweetheart,you are an fi-ESI,an fi base like myself only less imaginative and refined.i have to go now ,my cousins want me to bake a cake and sweep the floor using my tongue.i love them so much i will.in the meantime i want you to post a side profile pic of you so that i can determine your J/P-ness and then confirm.you know ,the usual process.lol.help me i don't have a sense of humour..

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Narc View Post
    I'd say it comes down to ESI, LSI, EIE and IEI. You seem to think you don't have much in the way of , though. Maybe you could elaborate on why that is. If you value more than , that would obviously leave ESI and LSI, meaning your type was in the right ballpark.
    that IEI girl from college i wrote about in the "amazing" thread - we actually met when we both scored infj on an mbti test in a psych class. later in her car she was talking about the part of the description where it talked about seeming "psychic" and said a lot of the stuff people have said on the forum about Ni, like how she just saw patterns and how those patterns moved forward. and she was so excited and was like, "i thought it was just me, i'm so glad to meet someone else who knows what i'm talking about!" and i was just like, "...hmm..who's singing on this album, its awesome..." lol

i dont really know how to explain why i doubt its an ego function beyond comparing myself to people who do have it in the ego. i guess there are plenty of generally agreed upon IEI people on the forum to do that with. i think being an Fi subtype ESI would explain having a heaver focus and strength in that area but it could be argued i'm explaining away too much that way.

You should do this test to add to your Enneagram confusion. It may lend some insight, though.

The Distribution of Your Scores

Type One: 27
    Type Two: 17
    Type Three: 12
    Type Four: 40
    Type Five: 36
    Type Six: 45
    Type Seven: 8
    Type Eight: 21
    Type Nine: 24
    Your probable Enneagram Type

Your main type is 6.
    Considering the wings you should be a 6w5.

Quote Originally Posted by truck View Post
    i think you have very good empathy for other people's perspectives. i think you have higher cognitive empathy than affective empathy sometimes though , but you are good at both. you also balance what other people say with your own viewpoint than your own even if you don't agree with it.
    i definitely have better cognitive empathy than affective empathy. i think my affective empathy might be kind of weak. sometimes around you and/or dolphin i feel like a giant scrooge. i feel like theres a weird gap between my cognitive & affective empathy that makes things awkward sometimes...like i know why i should be more tuned in than i can make myself be.

also conflict seems to both frustrate you and turn you on.
    lmao

Si-ego is possible. Now that I think about it, I think you really could dual seek Ne a lot, you're kinda constantly looking for random psychological tangents to better absorb into your own psyche. I hope this makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazedratfugue View Post
    maybe ISFx
    what!!!!

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread makes me hungry.
    Because I'm hungry.
    And it says "hungry".
    And it makes me hungrier.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, maybe you are just repressed lungsy.
    Like me.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    Also, maybe you are just repressed lungsy.
    Like me.
    maybe i'm repressed but i don't know why u are saying this?

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

VI is crap, mi no gusta. SEE, Maritsa told me people with round faces are SEE and people with vaginas are SEE. Gouranga.

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i'm repressed but i don't know why u are saying this?
    I don't mean it in an offensive way. I'm just trying to say I relate to being unsure about type. And the reason I feel like I don't fit a type is because I feel like I SHOULD BE a certain way, but am not that way..but feel I could be if I wasn't so shy, guarded, indecisive, etc. And maybe you relate. Maybe not. It was just a suggestion.

Honestly not fitting a type might just mean you are balanced in certain ways.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

damn @InvisibleJim its weird like one minute i think maybe you're cool and then two seconds later you annoy the shit out me.
    are you like this on purpose?
    maybe you were trying to make laugh, i really have no idea what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by fen View Post
    I don't mean it in an offensive way. I'm just trying to say I relate to being unsure about type. And the reason I feel like I don't fit a type is because I feel like I SHOULD BE a certain way, but am not that way..but feel I could be if I wasn't so shy, guarded, indecisive, etc. And maybe you relate. Maybe not. It was just a suggestion.

Honestly not fitting a type might just mean you are balanced in certain ways.
    i'm not really unsure and i do think i am pretty balanced when i look at socionics maths tbh.
    i think some of the stuff with personality maths, its like: shy could also mean an interesting nut to crack; guarded could also mean trustworthy; indecisive could also mean capable of seeing something from a lot of different perspectives. maybe these things are holding you back but maybe they're also uncultivated strengths.

/deltanf

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, a summons.

I type best from videos. Do you still have any of your old videos up, lungs? If not, I'll have to type you by Ouija board.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't, but this gives me an excuse for a lil project to occupy me sometime when i'm bored. i'll post it here when i do.
    probably within a week. (if it takes longer than that i'll probably have forgotten about it)

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really have no idea what you're doing.
    Aye.

Post Edit: Which is why I wouldn't label you SLI at all, because they understand what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 04-17-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: More flavour

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't thought much about questioning your type, but any type I go "hmm" and think that maybe you're something besides ESI, it's always IEE that comes to mind. I don't remember specific examples and can't give you anything substantial as to why, just that's what I always bat around in my head if I'm in a questioning mood.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ good post and spot on for her.

but wait, whattt : "Like you usually get the gist of things in a way that's almost not Ne polr, at least what I associate with Ne polr (for example you and blackburry seem a bit different in this way) "

oh noo

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

EII-Ne, which used to be your old self-typing

Fi-positivist out of the wazhooo – too friendly, too sweet, too open to everything new, too focused on being liked, reading some of your posts I feel like I'm eating bags of aspartame or drinking a thick saccharine syrup of an artificial sweetner. This makes ESI very dubious, but EII as Fi-positivist makes a whole lot of sense here.

Inert, rational Fi-subtype is also very questionable – you're too much in need of contact & interaction, of give-and-take, and suffer from too much uncertainty. This is evidence of heightened irrationality and contact subtype. Rational, inert Fi-subtype doesn't match what you've shown of yourself so far on this forum. Contact, irrational Ne-sub of EII - EII-Ne - the quirky playful one that browses through heaps of information and is conceptually divergent in discussions, makes perfect sense. All too much like my EII sp/sx friend.

Enneagram 4w3 – frequent attention seeking which many many people have noticed after you, competitive envy if anybody else gets more of it, taking up other people's time trying to put yourself in the spotlight, and numerous typing threads that never arrive at any final, solid result (in some time you'll just make another one of these threads), etc. all point towards image triad e4 & process type in socionics (which again rules out esi).

EII-Ne sp/sx 4w3 is my full typing
    Last edited by silke; 04-17-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

i don't identify with a lot of what you say about me but maybe its useful as constructive criticism about what i look like from a distance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast