Thread: Is this Fi or Fe?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is this Fi or Fe?

Examine this quote and tell me if it is Fi or Fe: Is it combined with Ne or Ni?

"Thoughts & prayers for all those directly and indirectly affected by the horrible explosions in Boston. May those injured be healed both physically and emotionally, and may those responsible be caught and stopped from harming anyone else

I really do think there is more good in the world and in the hearts of people than evil… it’s just that death and destruction have the ability to destroy physical life so quickly and irreversibly that it’s so heartbreakingly impossible to ignore. I wish compassion could create instant explosions of love and caring that could affect as many just as instantly and easily… and as visibly. Love and compassion may not bring as much media attention, but they know no physical boundaries and bring with them strength and joy… they transform us from within."

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The type that only gives a fuck about white people.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read it slightly different: "This thing happened in my country! I think it's big history even though it's actually quite insignificant in the grand scope of things. I should say something insightful and sensitive now. "

Three people! Give me a break. Who cares about three people. I know that sounds insensitive, but if you don't know them personally why are you more upset about this than the other 1,427 murders (or something close to that) that happen every day in the United States. It's moronic patriotism. They feel "attacked" and it makes them all giddy. It's sort of sick.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all of the above, plus i think maybe people indulge in those sorts of feeling to ease their guilt? not necessarily rational guilt since they haven't really done anything but sort of "survivor guilt" or about not doing anything real to help or about having fun when they feel they should be affected by something like that being all over the media. kind of like people organizing an improvised "run for boston" event today here - wtf is that going to accomplish? nothing, except maybe a few people will have fun. but organizing a "fun" event on a day like this would be viewed in bad light, so let's make it all about the tragedy then it's alright. idk i guess i'm unfeeling or sth.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I THINK ALL OF THE MEDIA BROADCASTS ARE ESE.

but in all seriousness, I hope I don't die in a public way... I don't want people to be assholes. I'd rather no one know about it.
    all people suck. everyone sucks.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is going to sound really dickish, but I hate when these things happen and everyone gets all "thoughts and prayers go out". Seriously, when I hear that sentence, I want to punch something. Be original, be honest. Unless you have someone that was directly hurt by what happened, you don't really care...and that's OK. 3 people died. It sucks, life sucks, people die but holy hell I'm sick of seeing this on my news feed. I'm such a dick.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

SHARE THIS PHOTO IF YOU DON'T WANT MORE AMERICAN DEATHS

LMS
    LMS
    LMS

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what honestly upsets me the most (not that anyone cares or should care) is that... yeah horrible things happen to everyone, but it's America...and people are "supposed" to feel safe running a race. going to the beach. going to the mall... going to school. and we don't. and bad things have happened. and the intended affects occurred: americans do not trust government to keep them safe.. and media attention is completely engulfed in the frenzy for a few days until the next thing happens.

I truly dislike the news. I watch it because if I didn't I'd be oblivious to everything and it at least keeps me aware, and plus I have to for work-- whenever outbreaks happen, work doesn't tell me so I've to learn from news that norovirus is all over my unit...surprise...everyone got the norovirus.

Maybe I'm too sappy or something but I cried when I first heard... mostly because all my coworkers are from Boston but still. I despise people who harm civilians. In any country, in any war.
    And when I'm sick of hearing the news broadcasts- I turn the tv off. and I stop checking facebook.

Idk I think it's honorable for people to say thank you to first responders or anyone that helps in such a crisis. ... I think people absolutely go overboard and get annoying with it, sure. I just skim past and say.. "ugh..dude...tone it down"
    but whatever, it makes them feel better or something. People are selfish, they do whatever it takes to make themselves feel better. I mean, isn't that what ya'll are doing too? "three people I don't know died, so what?" I think to many people It's more of the public nature of the deaths that's upsetting-- bombs not homicides in a parking lot or something... I mean I'm sure they intended to kill more, or it's just a test run for even more public events later...where "hopefully" more people will die.. I can understand the madness.. sure, people should always be aware that anything horrible can happen to them when they go anywhere, but people average middle class and above in first world countries tend to take that for granted until it's up in their face yet again so a huge deal is made.

I work with dying people...which is probably why I'm so friggin anxious all the time. I feel the ticking...time running out. and it makes me incredibly anxious. and many times I wish I had a normal friggin job. where I could ignore it and just enjoy life. but for now I'm stuck.

Life sucks. I wish I had a say before I was born... and now we're all stuck here. until we die. Hoping to make the best of it..........
    Last edited by blackburry; 04-16-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

aww bb

its not wrong to care. when i read what you wrote i believed that you actually care. which is different from the impression i get from a lot of people who just have platitudes and seem to just want to look like a good person.

i don't think you need to be scared though, i really don't. i mean its actually pretty rare in the big picture for someone to get killed like that. if you die a horrible and painful death it will probably be via some other means.

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find her adorable and soothing. I love hearing stuff like that. In terms of typology, what am I craving from her? Is that some super sweet Fe in a "mountain dew" sort of way, or am I picking up on some Fi? She is like that ALL the TIME and it puts me into a pleasant trance. She is a psychologist in training. She has one more year of her PhD program to be a councilor. I totally want to lick her pussy. But why? She is very saccharine. This type of crap she says all the time - and I think is totally adorable. She nearly burst into tears talking about Kony 2012... I am like totally gripped with a hard-on for her. I do not understand why. (I would totally believe she could started crying PLEASE LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!!)

She insists she is a Meyers/Briggs INFP. She is extremely bubbly and full of smiles, but shy and studious. I am not turned on by EIIs around here. The only person she reminds me of is mountain dew. I want to tear this chick's clothes off with my teeth. She insists she is an Fi dominate but which type is the "PLEASE LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE, pray for the children in Africa who have had their childhood taken away... oh God I-wish-compassion-could-create-instant-explosions-of-love-and-caring-that -could-affect-as-many-just-as-instantly-and-easily"

What type says that? Why do I want her so badly?
    Last edited by Saberstorm; 04-16-2013 at 06:52 PM.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

lol @ talking about her sweet-hearted nature + pussy licking craving combination

isfp? enfp? dunno. i wouldn't pin down either Fe or Fi just based on that little bit.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what fucking ever

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah... now I'm currently scared of going to dance clubs bc of recent fires that have killed upwards of 100+ people in Brazil and US....................... i hate clubs anyways...but I'm one of the people who has to stand in a clearing and/or near an exit at events...I feel too claustrophobic easily. I dunno if that's normal...but I can't be around huge crowds for too long or the room starts spinning.

oh and type...idk ............. lol ESE?.... IEE?

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I cannot eliminate IEE - that is the thing. I none the less find her emotional ranting to be very tranquilizing. I cannot establish ESE, but it is hard to tell.

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi

Fi deals with the evaluations to the self, and to the degree that is grounded to reality that the person has identified.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    SEE-Fi 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno.
    I can say this kinda stuff sometimes I think. If I'm feeling really sentimental.
    Though I usually don't say them super publically, like on facebook or anything.
    But amongst friends, sure.

I think I'd remark more about why people are doing this kind of thing, trying to understand it. And my frustration with the media perpetuating these kinds of acts, etc.

I don't think she was being ingenuine by expressing herself this way necessarily. It's just really generic and detached feeling. But how attached can she really be, granted how removed from the situation she is...since it doesn't affect her directly.
    The first paragraph bothers me much more than the second one. The second one feels real.
    And I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think EII works or MBTI INFP functionally.

It's introverted. Thoughts/prayers/etc.

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying stuff like this, but it's kinda of not that meaningful either.

If there's another type for her it's IEE.

I don't think this individual is insincere, but earnest sincerity makes me think people are insane. ^_^;

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    what fucking ever
    Radio, I'm glad to see you alive. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. As for those other people who died; I don't care. It didn't happen in America. I don't know them. And they're probably all terrorists.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are they acting like this is 9/11 or something? 3 people died. THREE people.

I'm so grumpy. I am grumpy cat.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    This is going to sound really dickish, but I hate when these things happen and everyone gets all "thoughts and prayers go out". Seriously, when I hear that sentence, I want to punch something. Be original, be honest. Unless you have someone that was directly hurt by what happened, you don't really care...and that's OK. 3 people died. It sucks, life sucks, people die but holy hell I'm sick of seeing this on my news feed. I'm such a dick.
    I don't think you are. Personally, I think people do care, but yeah. Passing on helpful contact numbers or other such info is way more helpful than "I feel for you, bro", particularly when those affected will probably never see your post, so the odds of it actually doing anything are pretty small.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I don't think you are. Personally, I think people do care, but yeah. Passing on helpful contact numbers or other such info is way more helpful than "I feel for you, bro", particularly when those affected will probably never see your post, so the odds of it actually doing anything are pretty small.
    Yeah. I mean, I honestly feel bad that I don't feel much of anything for what happened. I should feel sad or something but it's like I'm just numb to all these tragedies. I sort of force myself in a way i guess or i'd never leave my house or let my future children attend school. Lord help me if I ever have kids. I'll make them live in a bubble.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sent this message out to people I knew. I agree when people say the same thing "Thoughts and prayers..." over and over and they don't try to say anything original. It just sounds fake or something. I wanted to give a reflection of my own analytical thinking to turn people's thinking patterns a little without sounding too dark:

"The event that occurred today in Boston is just another series of events like the shootings in Aurora, CO, and at Sandy Hook in CT. This is what happens in a world where hate of other people and hate of yourself can lead to destructive tendencies. I anticipate that there are more people out there than thought of who are not too far from being a ticking time bomb waiting to cause harm self-inflicted or inflicted harm upon others.

I hope that anyone who has not been in a good mental state will find the courage to help him or herself and to turn his or her outlook on life around despite negative circumstances. It's a nasty battle to go up against, but you are not alone in facing these challenges where feeling alienated is not an uncommon occurrence."

I should say that two people I know in real life were caught near that blast. They both are ok. What a crazy event this has been. I've thought about running that marathon myself...

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Saberstorm there is a kind of globality to the feelings in this quote ("there is more good in the world and in the hearts of people"), a universal and generalized orientation of the sentiments that are being expressed towards a very large group of people, which means this person's F is in the leading function. Her words are oriented at maximizing the positive, which means +F. There are only two types which have +F in leading function: EIE and EII.

(there is actually some use to this +/- stuff if you want to type people through text)

I've googled the quote, and if it was this girl who posted it, then EII-Ne:

Last edited by silke; 04-17-2013 at 04:38 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Fi as the 2nd function (aka "CREATIVE").
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 04-17-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I would say...

"Dear Family and Friends of those who were lost to the tragedy. You are in MY thoughts as I reflect on this terrible tragedy."

To me it would be in my perspective, not impersonal and objective as "thoughts and prayers go out to you" it would be "my thoughts and prayers go out to you" Introvert is in the "I" focus.
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, as in this is all about how it makes *you* feel.

We've already established Maritsa's utter lack of sincerity and the fact that Americans have a self involved tragedy fetish.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    .... and the fact that Americans have a self involved tragedy fetish.
    And how is that not most countries have a self involved tragedy fetish? Have you ever seen German news? British news?... Iranian news casts? Most countries are pretty self involved especially when it comes to tragedies, so what's your point?

I mean yes, certainly there are *those* people who think Murica is the best/most important country (and they are dumb). but I think on average most people aren't that delusional.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    And how is that not most countries have a self involved tragedy fetish? Have you ever seen German news? British news?... Iranian news casts? Most countries are pretty self involved especially when it comes to tragedies, so what's your point?

I mean yes, certainly there are *those* people who think Murica is the best/most important country (and they are dumb). but I think on average most people aren't that delusional.
    Well.. I live in Mexico. A country with a shit ton of tragedy of its own going on all day, every day. No. There is no weird ass self pity fetish here.

No "we will stand together prayers go out" boohooing "United we stand" flag waving bullshit every time a few heads turn up on a parking lot. You think you have terrorists? This country has terrorts and there isn't a damn thing that is special about it because there are angry ass, power hungry, individuals all over the world who would like to make life as hellish as possible for as many people as possible.

And yes. I've seen the new is other counties. I promise. America is "special".

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post

No "we will stand together prayers go out" boohooing "United we stand" flag waving bullshit every time a few heads turn up on a parking lot. You think you have terrorists? This country has terrorts and there isn't a damn thing that is special about it because there are angry ass, power hungry, individuals all over the world who would like to make life as hellish as possible for as many people as possible.
    Maybe the people are desensitized or that the news doesn't want tragedy to be presented in such a way as to provoke emotional reaction.
    -

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Lungs, I do not even in the slightest understand your post. What is that about?

- John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info