0 Thread(s)

Default Boston Marathon.

Okay, so I dont get asked a thousand times

2:50-
    two bombs went off
    2 are confirmed dead
    23 have lost limbs or are severely injured
    police are still investigating.

4:15- Third bomb has gone off at the JFK Library.

5:17- Bombs uncovered at Boston Memorial Hospital

MTBA
    Last edited by Red Villain; 04-15-2013 at 09:19 PM.
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Goodness gracious.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    .-.. . ... -... .. .- -.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

My thoughts and wishes go out to the people of Boston.

Video footage of one of the explosions: http://www.boston.com/video/viral_pa...=2303076923001

(NSFW) Images of the aftermath: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...ombing/100495/
    Last edited by Raver; 04-16-2013 at 02:48 AM.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Um, where were you?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's dead. Posting from his phone in the morgue. Red is cool like that.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    My thoughts and wishes go out to the people of Boston.

Video footage of one of the explosions: http://www.boston.com/video/viral_pa...=2303076923001

(NSFW) Images of the aftermath: http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...ombing/100495/
    Not safe for work. Pfff. You've clearly never seen a newspaper from any county other than the United States. Here in Mexico I'm inundated with headless corpse pictures from the red notes section over breakfast daily.

I think it really odd that they guy with the blown off leg requires privacy, but not anyone else, including a child. I saw a cropped version of that picture earlier. I thought he looked pretty damn pale.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scapegrace View Post
    Not safe for work. Pfff. You've clearly never seen a newspaper from any county other than the United States. Here in Mexico I'm inundated with headless corpse pictures from the red notes section over breakfast daily.

I think it really odd that they guy with the blown off leg requires privacy, but not anyone else, including a child. I saw a cropped version of that picture earlier. I thought he looked pretty damn pale.
    I have seen newspapers in Mexico actually and they are very gruesome. So, I know where you're coming from.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[spoiler=I can't help it]

[/spoiler

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anglas won this thread.

is this thread about that school shooting with that persahn who thought he woz joker or sth

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Nah it'z another 1 with m0re Boom Boom

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

god. like i said in other thread. i hope i never die in public because you people suck. well- everyone sucks.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I've never understood making fun of basically tragic events, regardless of one's feelings on the media hype/speculation or whatever else.

Oh, well.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have some decency guys. Several people died and many more could have. It's like you just want to disconnect and be inhuman.
    “No psychologist should pretend to understand what he does not understand... Only fools and charlatans know everything and understand nothing.” -Anton Chekhov

http://kevan.org/johari?name=Bardia0
    http://kevan.org/nohari?name=Bardia0

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I agree, I've never understood making fun of basically tragic events, regardless of one's feelings on the media hype/speculation or whatever else.

Oh, well.
    I think it takes a certain type to deliver and appreciate such humor.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Meanwhile, halfway around the world on the same day: Bomb attacks across Iraq kill 50, injure 300… I wonder how many have bothered to express grief over that.
    Absolutely true. The Boston Bombing sure was horrible and it's disgusting that innocent people had to die or were injured, but for most of the people on earth (who never knew them) they're just another bunch of victims. Compared to all the other people who were murdered that day they're negligible.

There's no need for all the people to fake compassion for people who don't exist fo them. This isn't their fault, that's just the way it is.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno, there were several people blown up in Pakistan over the weekend. Not to mention several dozen killed in Iraq from bombs with likely similar injured... plus Barrack OStalin keeps ordering drone strikes that are maiming and killing children in Afghanistan.

To me, two bombs in Boston doesn't seem like much of a newsworthy event by comparison to the above atrocities, plus the repealing of the insider trading laws (signed in by Obama) and other terrible events happening.

I guess explosions and bloody photographs scare people more.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel terrible for the people killed/injured, but I resent the fact that I'm supposed to feel more terrible about them than the 1,600 other people murdered in the United States yesterday.

I'm especially upset about the little boy. It pisses me off when kids get caught up in this stuff. It's just not fair. However, I don't feel any worse for him than I do for any of the many children who died yesterday.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finale View Post
    I dunno, there were several people blown up in Pakistan over the weekend. Not to mention several dozen killed in Iraq from bombs with likely similar injured... plus Barrack OStalin keeps ordering drone strikes that are maiming and killing children in Afghanistan.

To me, two bombs in Boston doesn't seem like much of a newsworthy event by comparison to the above atrocities, plus the repealing of the insider trading laws (signed in by Obama) and other terrible events happening.

I guess explosions and bloody photographs scare people more.
    There are plenty of blood photographs of people from Pakistan in the last day or so thanks to the bombs/earthquake, but nobody cares because they're not white folks. That shit happens in the Middle East say they. *Shrug*

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa3s View Post
    Absolutely true. The Boston Bombing sure was horrible and it's disgusting that innocent people had to die or were injured, but for most of the people on earth (who never knew them) they're just another bunch of victims. Compared to all the other people who were murdered that day they're negligible.

There's no need for all the people to fake compassion for people who don't exist fo them. This isn't their fault, that's just the way it is.
    I don't think everyone needs to take to social media and post "we stand with you" messages that the victims and those affected will probably never see (and which seem more self-satisfactory to me than anything). That said, one doesn't have to feel much for the victims in order to be disgusted by others making fun of the disaster.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I genuinely care about these issues... and I don't know anyone who is faking compassion? I guess some of you people have some weird ass people on your facebook friend's list? maybe defriend them?

In all fairness I doubt Pakistanis care that much about what happened in Boston. People tend to care about what's going on in THEIR country. what's wrong with that?? Globalization/internet/media has made it possible to even know what's going on...but like stated...people tend to only care about what is/may/will affect them. Just like yourselves... I mean, really, do any of actually care about what's going on in the world?? Sure you're pointing at events that have happened recently that have killed more lives, but do you actually care? I know a few of you who have even stated at other times on other topics, that they don't and they intend on living life regardless of whatever the fuck is happening outside of it... and? nothing wrong with that either.
    everybody's getting their panties in a wad and being so judgmental- I completely understood that news coverage is blasting this story and side-swiping others. And I absolutely agree it's frustrating and annoying. But I mean, what can you do?

we should all become journalists and change mass media.

dude. yes. who is with me?

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone cares about what happens in FreedomLand. It's more important.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    That said, one doesn't have to feel much for the victims in order to be disgusted by others making fun of the disaster.
    Sure, but I didn't make a statement about that in my post. I think most people who make fun of the bombings want to troll others with their sheer cynicism. Personally, I'd neither make fun of it nor utter my condolences (in an exaggerated way). However, even if I don't approve them, the jokes show the "other side" of the huge media coverage. They are a byproduct of the attention, you won't see anyone making fun of the disaster in Iraq.

It's said that we have freedom of speech, so we have to accept these voices as well. But you're of course also free to form your own opinion about it.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    one doesn't have to feel much for the victims in order to be disgusted by others making fun of the disaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I've never understood making fun of basically tragic events
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    what'd we do
    Quote Originally Posted by jet city woman View Post
    I think it takes a certain type to deliver and appreciate such humor.
    There seems to be a dichotomy here, well worthy of exploration, including a few tests and polls.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its like there's this black & white here where you're either a xenophobe who only cares about americans or you make fun of innocent dead people.
    or you respond to xenophobia in a reactionary way by making a joke out of dead people.
    it doesn't have to be that way...?

and i don't think its a crime to be selfish regarding who/what you care about. though its weird if its all over the media in other countries too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit Anglas' pictures were pretty funny, except when they showed that amputee with those visible tibia.

Since people weren't there, I understand they may not have any empathy for what happened there.

Absurd: You Ti dominants sure say things I don't really know where to put.
    labtard: fml
    Absurd: Hah.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    its like there's this black & white here where you're either a xenophobe who only cares about americans or you make fun of innocent dead people.
    or you respond to xenophobia in a reactionary way by making a joke out of dead people.
    it doesn't have to be that way...?

and i don't think its a crime to be selfish regarding who/what you care about. though its weird if its all over the media in other countries too.
    ....When did I make fun of dead people? Having had two of my immediate family members die very suddenly I have a pretty good idea of the hell these people are going through. I feel terrible for them, but I'm not going to be all insincere about it. And I'm not going to not be amused by my favorite genre of humor.

But then I'm sinister and mean and I crack jokes about my own dead family all the time. Allow me to point out that none of the jokes posted her were direct at the victims personally. They were very general.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was it the koreans? haven't they learned from pearl harbor. why does kim jong un hate #freedom

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LMAO explaining things like this to labocat

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Is this post a joke? Pearl Harbor was an attack from the Japanese, not the Koreans...
    a slew of reliable sources on twitter assures me otherwise.

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lolz. This William person probably thinks that the Muslims did 9/11.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nah other countries probably don't care. they probably are curious, but that is in my opinion different from actually caring.

anyways. I dunno why so many people make me wanna barf.

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gammas did it. They kill their own people it seems...

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

'Murica

TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The latest developments have been sort of interesting to watch.

Plus I had an exam conviently scheduled for today that I now have several extra days to study for. Terrorists? Pff. These nice Chechnyans are helping my grades.

*ducks*

It's quite dumb that they are shutting down the whole campus though. I'm sure the other guy already offed himself.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Yeah, apparently the dude in the photo with his bones sticking out of his exploded legs is a bit of a hero now.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...attackers.html

Tyrant with a side of bacon
    TIM
    ENTJ, LIE, 8w9
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People of the internet have been adding their value to the situation by analyzing and providing notes on many of the photographs provided by witnesses and locals.

I think the FBI should be thanking this massive resource and their valuable insights for this. Below is one such example:

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some pics from the "Secure in Place" (i.e Martial Law) order today. The pigs have been gang-raping the 4th amendment all day.

1366399561124.jpg1366399665568.jpg1366399699907.jpg1366400302378.jpg1366400458641.jpg1366401870668.jpg1366403277048.jpg1366404308427.jpg1366405247378.jpg1366405552019.jpg1366405598812.jpg
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast