TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Default More Fi

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Then if you can't be ethical enough to put your description in the right place or to present it in a clear way why would anyone bother to try to work out what you are trying to say?

Fi, being a static function, observes the person's own feelings and ethics towards other people and the form of expression that these observations take on are interpreted with emotions that than in the form of Ti, where they are thought, not felt. In many ways Fi becomes a function of imagining and reflecting on things, relationships, that are, were and could have been; this in no way makes Fi types “unrealistic;” even in the most idealistic of type, the INFj is quite capable of apprehending the static qualities of an object, Se, and unlike extraverts this function is not exercised on objects, preferential treatment goes to introversion.

Being a static function, Fi has the quiet, behind the scenes and internal action of connecting with others, feeling, establishing personal bonds and these things don't just arise out of no where. Take contact with someone of desire for a relationship; you may not know it or see it, but through regular contact with an individual, the Fi type will establish their own feelings of like and dislike, gradually, even if to the external world this process may seem sudden; we are just private people and don't let others see what's been brewing in the kettle. This static qualities allow us to “influence” someone less so inclined in the relationship department; we're able to say “we are compatible in these ways.” Since INFj, particularly are a positivist type, they are able to apprehend the positive qualities of the person first. Sure, there are negative parts to every person and relationship; we realize that. But, we'll leave that to people who are less trusting; we'll give them courage and strength to take bold step and leap in ways that will help open possibilities. In this way I am the possibility of relationships.

INFj influence the dynamic types with static information and when dynamics are “led” by our perceptions, relationships are built, tested, tried. It's nice to lead your dual with your conscious functions, it opens up their inner world, in profound ways. To maintain such bonds, of course the pairs have to understand that giving up control is essential. We can be influenced by the world around us to do things again our best nature.

ISFj are negativist types. Where if someone says..."I was going to wait 11 years to terminate my bad relationship, until my kids were grown."
    And ISFj may say that "that will take way too long..." (the number is so large presents the negativist type something to worry about that may go wrong within that time frame, instead of the possibilities of positive qualities that things will result from that much time). That which is not filled is something to worry about
    an INFj may say "the sooner the better..." That which has already filled is a source of relief.

Both may take the actions to terminate that relationship; however you can observe from the above, it's just a matter of how you look at the same thing, really; but that above, applied to EVERYTHING in life causes either relationship dynamics to go smoothly or in semi-dual relationships, not so smoothly.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Fi, being a static function, observes the person's own feelings and ethics towards other people and the form of expression that these observations take on are interpreted with emotions that than in the form of Ti, where they are thought, not felt. In many ways Fi becomes a function of imagining and reflecting on things, relationships, that are, were and could have been; this in no way makes Fi types “unrealistic;” even in the most idealistic of type, the INFj is quite capable of apprehending the static qualities of an object, Se, and unlike extraverts this function is not exercised on objects, preferential treatment goes to introversion.

Being a static function, Fi has the quiet, behind the scenes and internal action of connecting with others, feeling, establishing personal bonds and these things don't just arise out of no where. Take contact with someone of desire for a relationship; you may not know it or see it, but through regular contact with an individual, the Fi type will establish their own feelings of like and dislike, gradually, even if to the external world this process may seem sudden; we are just private people and don't let others see what's been brewing in the kettle. This static qualities allow us to “influence” someone less so inclined in the relationship department; we're able to say “we are compatible in these ways.” Since INFj, particularly are a positivist type, they are able to apprehend the positive qualities of the person first. Sure, there are negative parts to every person and relationship; we realize that. But, we'll leave that to people who are less trusting; we'll give them courage and strength to take bold step and leap in ways that will help open possibilities. In this way I am the possibility of relationships.

INFj influence the dynamic types with static information and when dynamics are “led” by our perceptions, relationships are built, tested, tried. It's nice to lead your dual with your conscious functions, it opens up their inner world, in profound ways. To maintain such bonds, of course the pairs have to understand that giving up control is essential. We can be influenced by the world around us to do things again our best nature.

ISFj are negativist types. Where if someone says..."I was going to wait 11 years to terminate my bad relationship, until my kids were grown."
    And ISFj may say that "that will take way too long..." (the number is so large presents the negativist type something to worry about that may go wrong within that time frame, instead of the possibilities of positive qualities that things will result from that much time). That which is not filled is something to worry about
    an INFj may say "the sooner the better..." That which has already filled is a source of relief.

Both may take the actions to terminate that relationship; however you can observe from the above, it's just a matter of how you look at the same thing, really; but that above, applied to EVERYTHING in life causes either relationship dynamics to go smoothly or in semi-dual relationships, not so smoothly.
    Half way there, stop telling me how 'some people' use Fi, tell me what Fi is, plainly and simply. All of this conjecture on certain types and interactions is a waste because no-one can take in all of that information.
    Last edited by InvisibleJim; 04-13-2013 at 03:35 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Half way there, stop telling me how 'some people' use Fi, tell me what Fi is, plainly and simply. All of this conjecture on certain types and interactions is a waste because no-one can take in all of that information.
    lol simplicity....

a function which observes relationships and builds personal moral values
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    lol simplicity....

a function which observes relationships and builds personal moral values
    I like this definition.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

show me, jennifer. i want you to show me.

cannt

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

its so harrrddd

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the16types View Post
    its so harrrddd
    I bet that's what you say to all the girls (and truck).

who's truck

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bulletsanddoves

that's fatawesome

TIM
    para bellum
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fo sho.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sean take me away... ( @dolphin )

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know how it feels to breathe with you beside of me.